• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Varris' Academy for the gifted

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Diana felt a slight change in the magic source in front of her. Just as Kuruki's hair started to move, Diana covered Kuruki's face in front of her right eye so the wind wouldn't completely lift the hair hiding it. Once the gust stopped she put her hand down. Meanwhile, Diana smiled, "You can say the same about my enterence. I crash landed into Kuruki here from 100 feet. And believe me when I say I understand, my mother is quite similarly protective at times." She said with a smile. "Here, follow me and we can go sit down."
WistyWisp WistyWisp 1 1234

She blinked curiously at Diana's actions to cover Kuruki's eye, but decided to say nothing of it as they went to go sit down at the table. Now being able to settle a bit, she looked closer around the room and noticed all the strange and new people around. Different humans and mixed beings made Sage feel anxious, but it's what to be expected at a school like this.
She smiled at the two girls as Vox hovered above Sage, seeming to keep watch. "He's very protective. He doesn't even like to talk to others.." She looked up at him. "He's an odd mix of body guard and annoying little brother.." She mumbled that last part and blushed. "S-sorry, didn't mean to say that last part out loud.." She chuckled nervously. "You two are really unique, if you don't mind me saying.."
1 1234 Netherdragon Netherdragon

"I saw you and that winged girl talking. Did you try and ask her out or something cause I know most fire is not a good thing. But hey we all gotta fall once or twice. At least that's what most humans have told me... Not that I'm implying humans are bad! I'm part humans so that would be stupid to say!" The half dragon said obviously trying to not sound as though he was looking down at his table mate. But in all honesty he was not used to speaking with humans.

Legostrife Legostrife

Diana stretched her wings as she sat down beside Kuruki and Sage, adjusting herself so they didn't uncomfortably rub against the back of the chair. "Well I suppose so, but I could say the same about you. You're..." Diana narrowed her eyes, taking careful note of her features to determine if anything stood out to signify a race. Nothing. As such, Diana concluded Sage was "A human... really? I'm not sure I've ever heard of a human befrending an elemental." She notes. "A brother. So that means he's born from the same parent as you? No that can't be right, surely a human can't birth an elemental so you must be saying that figuratively." Diana mused aloud. She turned to look down at her drink. Hmm not much left, she shrugged and ignited the rest. Diana split the alcohol between her two hands, splitting the fire in two. Each fire independently cycled through a wide assortment of colors and danced in her hands as she offered the fire in her left hand to Sage and the one in her right to Kuruki. Diana was happy that Kuruki enjoyed playing with her fire so far, and was curious to see how Sage would react. "Don't worry, the fire only burns the alcohol so it won't hurt. Go ahead, take it Sage." Diana encouraged.

She tensed a bit as Diana stared at her. She chuckled nervously. "Yeah..I'm human and no, we're definitely not related."
She pondered for a moment. "What I mean is, that he's very protective of me, but he's also the one that causes me the most trouble." After Sage's words, a noise of frustration came from above and Sage slammed her hand on her papers as another gust of wind came through. She glared and at him and laughed. "My point exactly,"
She watched Diana, mesmerized by her movements until the flame was offered to her. There was another wind, more towards Diana, and a sound in a different language like a warning or a threat. "Vox! I'll be okay.." She carefully held her hand out to take the flame, but she still looked nervous.

Victor could tell by the disjointed mannerisms, this half dragon wasn't used to talking with humans. Even if he was quick to judge, Victor knew a good heart when he saw it. "Oh, you mean Diana? That wasn't what you think it was... I was just interested, since I've never seen someone like her before. Same could be said for you, actually. Victor said to the half dragon, taking at least some form of comfort knowing he was part human.

With this morbid curiosity, Victor stands tall and firm. Extending his arm towards the half dragon, offering to shake his hand. "The name's Victor Stalingrad, and who might you be? Victor asks the half dragon, smiling towards him.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Diana smiles reassuringly. "Here, why don't I control the fire at first, then you can move it around on your own." She then allowed the flame to slide off of her hand onto Sage's. The flame moved in a circle on her palm, before gliding up her arm, swirling around going from the upper side to below while traveling up and down Sage's arm. As it rose, the flame changed color based on it's position. When it was in her palm it was red, at her elbow it was blue, when it was somewhere between there it was yellow, green, and sometimes orange. Following that the alcohol pooled back in her hand so Sage could move it on her own. "See, doesn't hurt at all does it? It just looks pretty." Diana adds with a smile.

Last edited:
Sage stayed completely still as the flame traveled up and down her arm. Vox was hovering carefully and keepiny an eye on the two of them as the happened. Sage smiled, looking at the beauty of the flame. She looked to Kuruki then back to Diana, then the flame. "Yeah, it doesn't hurt.." She moved the flame a bit in her hand, playing with it a bit before holding it back out for Diana. "I wish I could do something like that. I don't really use magic or anything, but I'm fascinated by all the different forms."

Diana decided to add a little flare. She pointed to the flame, and it grew brighter and larger, it lifted out of Sage's hand, swirled in the air and alternating colors as it went along it's path, and flowed into Diana's wings. "Magic is dangerous in certain forms, but even dangerous forms of magic can be made beautiful and useful if used properly. At least, that's what I'd like to think." Diana finished.
1 1234

"Oh! Um, that's me. Kademan...Sage! Sage Kademan,"

"And you can call me Ally."

She replied nonchalantly to Sage, there could be something there onwards, but nothing really came to be. More people gathered around the place, picking up the strewn over papers, and before Ally could get a good conversation flowing with Sage, she have been whisked away by a catgirl, and a girl with flaming wings. She knew she didn't really have much of a presence in this halls, that to be sure. And she was sure that her lineage really didn't make her appear somewhat special to others. None the less, these are just minor things to her. Placing the papers back to the places on the table, she took her orange juice, and just simply decided to just hover around the hall, not finding a place to sit herself down.

This may be a good time to just watch from afar on everyone in the room. Glowing up in a pure human village certainly has its own drawback, as one might have guessed of the interaction with different cultures of different folks. Though language might not be the problem. For instance, and taking the half dragon in the room ; He certainly stands out, she could not fathom how she could properly greet him.

Does a fist bump work ? Or do they shake ? How would they even shake, given the size of their palms are so big compared to other species ? Do jokes about shedding skin feel offensive ? Will his scales worth some fortune to sell ? Will the chair even hold his weight ?

Many questions left better unvoiced, and in her head.

Kuruki at first was surprised but relieved when she realised why Diana had covered her face, once Vox had settled to the idea of moving swiftly away. She looked directly to Diana, afterwards, and a small voice in her mind whispered "Thank you" to the girl, and she wondered if there was any possibility in that moment that Diana possibly received her thanks, for she did so want her to know, but couldn't say anything in front of the others.
Currently, she was in a daze as to the tricks and twists the fiery host made, her display captivating her audience. As Kuruki sat there staring eagerly, dreamily, into the ribbons of flame, she pondered on the events of that morning, so many introductions, and by far the most chaotic of mornings she had ever experienced since.....well....forever...and yet she felt quite at ease. She nodded as Diana continued in conversation, and beamed warmly as Sage indulged the vibrant performance.
She turned his attention to Ally, the girl sitting close by, or at least, she thought that that was the name she heard before and the older man admiring Vox from a distance. Kuruki studied the girl's face, striking eyes and luxurious black hair. She hoped at somepoint to make her better acquaintance, having made so many already, she did not want it to end. The man had a kind face, she thought, as he studied the air elemental across the table. Perhaps it was sitting in close proximity to Diana's wings for that time, because she had noticed she began to feel quite sleepy but not uneasy, she had quite forgotten to eat anything but she didn't mind. Instead, she leaned her head upon her hand and remembered her plans for a busy evening in the studio afterhours, her notepad resting on the table. Her ears pricked to and fro as she could make out the distant, dulcet tones of the half-dragon that had panicked her wits before, and the human which she had seen I wonder if I shall speak to them. Deep down, in her curious little self, the cat wondered if she really did want to meet the dragon. Kuruki again returned her focus to Diana, for having met someone only a little while back, I'm glad she thought.

Netherdragon Netherdragon WistyWisp WistyWisp Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

The half dragon eagerly took Victors hand and shook it "Cobalt, I crap you not that's all. Mom said a last name wasn't needed." Before he could continue he went silent almost as though he sensed something was coming
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Varris had been meditating as he was preparing for his speech. 650 years and it was still something he was not used to. He finally looked up and went to the teachers placing his hand on the shoulder of a female teacher in heavy looking armor and whispered something to her and she got up and walked to the edge of the stage.
"All students who are present please take a seat! Headmaster Varris will be making his annual speech and wishes that all of you sit down and please pay attention!" The womens voice was unnaturally loud. There would've been no chance she had a voice that loud. Any person could guess it was a spell.

And upon her returning to the seat the man got up and walked to where everyone could see him
"Hello and welcome all of those who are here today. Let me start by saying that it warms my heart to see all of you here, this year in particular has proved to be interesting with our results. In my 600 or so years of living this class will be the most interesting in the last 200 years. Now I know none of you are here for semantics. You are all here for many reasons. Whether it be to control your powers, or become heroes to the populace who cannot defend themselves, or even be the first to discover the ruins of lost civilizations. And here at this academy My staff and I are all here to help you with that very dream. And know that all of the teachers were once in your place. Not knowing what their place in the world was meant to be. This is why we made this school, to help those of you who want to find that place." He pauses for a moment taking a deep breath.

"Now is the boring part, the rules. I know this may be boring to you all, but just bear with me. Rule 1, leave the racial stuff behind, all of your classmates are your allies. And as with all adventurers the day you anger your allies you are doomed to die. Rule 2, You are not to enact any form of combat against other students unless you use the arenas, which are equiped with special fields to keep anyone from dying. Rule 3, Anything the teachers say goes. They have more experience in their fields then you so understand the experience gap between you and them. Rule 4, Any issues with your roomates should be taken up with our residential official Meredith. No taking anything into your own hands if things have gotten to crazy. And Rule 5, If you wish to eat after today you all must attend Breakfast, Lunch, or dinner here. We are free but if you miss the times no food will be available and you will have to head out to town to eat." Varris says as he takes another pause obviously not used to talking this much.

"And lastly all of your rooms have been arranged. Inside of them you all will find badges saying you have been officially recognized as rookie adventurers. From this day forth along with your classes you will be going out on quests that my sister has set up for you all. She runs the local adventuring guild and you all are now in the list of recognized members. As I said in the letter you all will be working for your keep, with the quest rewards being cut by 50% so we all benefit. With this you are all dismissed!" With that last word Varris turned around and went to the teachers as many students got up and started heading to the dorms. And as expected they were unruly as they just started leaving in mass. The cliques were already forming. Elves started grouping up together. The obvious fighters were grouping up and avoiding any mages.

Netherdragon Netherdragon WistyWisp WistyWisp Allibi Allibi 1 1234 Legostrife Legostrife

Diana turned to Kuruki and Sage. "I'll be right back, I have a few questions for the headmaster." She said before flying off. She approached Varis and waited to ensure she wasn't interupting anything before speaking up. "Um... Mr. Varis, I have a few questions. Though I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Diana." She said before continuing. "I had a few questions about the rules. Specifically, how do we know what dorm we're assigned to, and more concerning to me, what you meant about us not being able to eat." She said looking quite nervous.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Varris looked down at Diana, a small smile on his face. "Miss the times and food are on you. Go out and buy some food or if you feel gutsy enough hunt for some. And for the second question ask Meredith. Look for the women who is wearing clothes made of leaves, she is very quick to teleport you to your room, Thanks to that ring I gave her she is able to teleport all over or transform into many different animals. And also look in your room, I decided to supply some help with your Phoenix lineage. Fireproof bedding and A good amount of supplies meant to get fire going. If my understanding is correct you burn your food. So I got some food that I feel will assist with that. Depending how much you eat it will last 2-3 days, after that your on your own." He said patting her on the head. "And be careful to not burn Meredith, she hates fire!" He shouts as he continues to walk away.

Netherdragon Netherdragon

Diana was shocked. She didn't know how to respond to this. Was this man a threat? She supposed not, he was being rather nice. Then again, nice people have decieved her before. Diana quickly shook that off, she'd be watchful but wouldn't be the first to make a move. Either way, that still didn't answer the biggest question "Why do people have times to eat rather than just eating when they're hungry? It makes no sense." She said aloud. In the meantime, she supposed she should get settled in. She quckly noticed the teacher Varris spoke of. She flew up and tried to grab the other's attention. "Sage, Kuruki, come over here." She then floated down slowly so they could see where she was heading. As she did so, she landed in front of, but a moderate distance away from Meredith as to not accidently threaten her. Diana then waited for the others to join her.
WistyWisp WistyWisp 1 1234 Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Sage listened carefully to the headmaster and watched as the teachers and students filed together. She saw as different people moved together and couldn't figure out who she would fall with. Her situation wasn't exactly the same as others.
She took a deep breath and smiled, feeling Vox close by did comfort her. It was nice having someone familiar. She smiled towards Diana and Kuruki as they approached and walked over to this one called Meredith. She aporoached carefully and cleared her throat. "H-hello. I'm Sage Kademan..that's Vox." She pointed to the air Elemental. She wondered how the room situation would work.

Oh, how she wished to be in a group, now that everyone seems to be leaving, it might have been too late for that. Sitting by herself and listening to the Headmaster's speech didn't help either.She bit her lip, and her face looked downcast a little. Her presence sure didn't get anyone to speak to her at all. Being shy and introverted and quite strikingly pretty made them worst.

But look on the bright side ! The monsters might miss her too !

She cheered herself mentally, vying a weirdish smile, before she started to look around for Meredith. Based on her eavesdropping on the students, she found out that Meredith would be the person to go for the dorms assignment. And she, just like the sea of odd people, also looks odd enough. She didn't need much effort to spot her, as Meredith is just swarmed with students, and the crowd grew as she have gotten close to her.

She would just have to wait for her turn, as she spotted the smaller girl earlier, Sage, and the flying phoenix girl together nearby too, just further ahead of her.

WistyWisp WistyWisp Netherdragon Netherdragon

After heeding the headmaster's words intently, Victor begins to make his way to the dorms along with Cobalt. But stops as he notices Diana, and her supposed clique, walk towards the headmaster.

"God... I need to stop losing my focus to them, last thing I need is a target on my back."

As Victor snaps back to reality, he realizes that most of the students have left to their dorms already. Despite making Cobalt's acquaintance, some of the other students seem rather envious of Victor's appearance. Due to him being a noble, this was bound to happen with at least someone.

"If I remember correctly, the headmaster said to speak with Meredith about our dorms... You wanna come with?" Victor says, offering Cobalt to tag along with him.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Netherdragon Netherdragon 1 1234

Goodness Kuruki thought, as the group suddenly became swarmed by other students, all filing together to take up their dorm locations, and their roommates. She didn't much like the thought of being cramped into one space, either looking down at her feet or up at the ceiling (for she couldn't see much past the people in front of her). She made sure to keep Diana in close proximity as they shuffled their way, whilst clamping her notepad hard in her hands, and tried not to take too much notice of the people surrounding them, including that of the half dragon and the human, whom she recognised to be slightly more behind than the others. Kuruki glanced at them time and time again, sometimes catching the dragons eye, and whisking quickly forward again so as not to be noticed.
"I wonder who I will be situated with.." she mumbled, looking to her notepad, still shuffling forward, she hoped very much Diana and/or Sage would be with her, but she did not hope too much, so as not to be disappointed. Oh lord! What if I'm with the human Diana met before? The dragon?! For a split second, she lost sight of Diana, who was slightly ahead, ready to be informed as to their location. Kuruki launched slightly forwards, nearing Meredith and her swarm of students, like hungry bees.
Netherdragon Netherdragon Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi WistyWisp WistyWisp

Once Sage and Kuruki caught up, Diana tried to grab Meredith's attention. "Excuse me, we were told to come to you about our sleeping arangements?" Diana questioned. As she did, she noticed Victor approaching and some sort of dragon, likely to inquire about their rooms as well. Diana thought nothing of it, but remained wary. Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi 1 1234 WistyWisp WistyWisp Legostrife Legostrife

Kuruki and Sage both stood alongside Diana, eager to hear what information they wished to receive from Meredith, silently anticipating. She too had caught sight of the dragon-like being, and the human, not wishing for Diana to become uneasy having recognised him as the human from before, moved to Diana's other side, as a sort of obstacle in between the two parties, as they walked up alongside. She gulped at the sight of the dragon, and quickly glanced away, Its okay its okay, just concentrate.
Netherdragon Netherdragon Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Legostrife Legostrife

As the group approached students were dissapearing in flashes of light. And the women that anyone could recognize as Meredith. Calling out different names in pairs. "Miss Diana your Roommate is here waiting for you! Please step up as I get the rune code for your room punched in!" The women shouted in a very cheerful voice, obviously not concerned with the giant amount of people surrounding her.

Netherdragon Netherdragon

Roomate? That's right, Varris did mention something like that. I really hope they aren't a nuicence. She thought before stepping forward. As she did so, Diana turned back to the others and waved. "See you later." She said. She wondered what the rooms would look like, surely it can't be as confortable as her actual home. She was sent away before she was able to discern who her roomate was.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Last edited:
Kuruki breathed in deeply, nodding to Diana as she watched her move away from the group, and turned to Sage, somewhat nervously, trying not to concentrate on the group surrounding her. She smiled, and shuffled slightly more forward, for she did not want to bump into the human or anyone else for that matter because she was ground to a standstill. She craned her head and her ears were pricked for her name and pairing, curiously swishing her tail back and forth as always, forgetting to think of those in close proximity to it. I hope Diana will be alright. she thought, as she wondered who her friend's partner may be.

Sage took a deep breath and looked to Kuruki, smiling shyly. "I hope my roommate is nice..and that they don't mind a breeze.." She mumbled and turned her gaze to Vox who was hovering close to the ceiling, waiting for Sage to call on him.
She turned back and looked at the group. She noticed another human and a half dragon approaching and sensed a bit unease from Kuruki. She nervously put her hand on her shoulder and smiled. "D-do you want to have dinner later? After things are settled, I mean. We'll find Diana too and we'll all eat together.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back