• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Vampire the Masquerade: Where Shadows Thrive

So ... you people are awesome. Half of you just love vampires, and half of you LOVE VtM (so proud) ... so here's the deal ... who wants to learn to play Vampire the Masquerade? Well ... a simplified version that we can streamline for the forum, and one that doesn't rely on always having a storyteller around?

PS ... I'll change it back to Cain.

Sounds good to me, looking forward to this.

Alright, it is currently my lunch break, and tonight I gather the Antediluvian players to discuss how we can streamline the system. I have a few ideas stolen from other RP systems, but I don't want to tweak the game too much... Because it's awesome.

After that we will start group character building. Anyone without access to a VtM source book can get help from those that do.

I've been reading through the wikis and a few pdfs while trying to think up a character and keep delving deeper and deeper into the lore of the setting, but before I go any further I should check if my character will be acceptable.

I'm kind of thinking of a Lambrosa nun, who is more devoted to God than the Sabbat or the Camarilla or Anarchs. Though being devoted to God doesn't mean she's nice, she takes an unnatural thrill in tempting the righteous into sin.

If that doesn't suit I also have an idea for an old, incompetent stage magician turned Tremere. Very flamboyant acts of blood magic, etc.

Gimme dem character sheets and I'll start throwing out characters for approval :D

I have no advice to give on streamlining D:

Sounds like a plan!

Woo! Im pretty excited. I've always wanted to learn how to play it like that. Never had people around to do it with though. I have some more reading to do =D

Ive always had a soft spot for malkavians so I'm leaning towards my character being one.

I've been reading through the wikis and a few pdfs while trying to think up a character and keep delving deeper and deeper into the lore of the setting, but before I go any further I should check if my character will be acceptable.

I'm kind of thinking of a Lambrosa nun, who is more devoted to God than the Sabbat or the Camarilla or Anarchs. Though being devoted to God doesn't mean she's nice, she takes an unnatural thrill in tempting the righteous into sin.

If that doesn't suit I also have an idea for an old, incompetent stage magician turned Tremere. Very flamboyant acts of blood magic, etc.

Gimme dem character sheets and I'll start throwing out characters for approval :D

I have no advice to give on streamlining D:

Hey, ten year live action and forum Vampire vet here. Clan Lasombra is actually one of my specialities (Giovanni is my number one.) The Lasombra idea is pretty close to on point with a certain brand of Lasombra. Definitely check this out: Path of Night . Lasombra on the Path of Night believe that as they are damned creatures, it is their job to be the demons of Catholic dogma, testing and terrifying humans to test their faith, thus placing themselves within God's plans.

As for the Tremere, Clan Tremere tends to take less from the magical aspects than you'd expect, but focuses on scholars and academics. They like University professors, philosophers, archaelogists, multilinguists, scientists, mathematicians, etc. They like nerds and mystics. In short the trick to playing a character is to think about the type of person that someone the vampire would choose to either make their companion/student figure, or what the clan elders would look into.

I used to moderate for a hardcore VtM website where I primarily read over and approved or denied bios. I know that this is gonna play looser with the rules and canon, but I'll be here as a usable resource.

Sounds like a plan!

Woo! Im pretty excited. I've always wanted to learn how to play it like that. Never had people around to do it with though. I have some more reading to do =D

Ive always had a soft spot for malkavians so I'm leaning towards my character being one.

Okay, so Malkavians are tricky. They are not "lolrandom" at all. They are dark and tragic, like Macbeth hearing voices and his obsession with prophecies. They might have a whole dead family that they are convinced are still alive and play tea with. They might have suicide ideation and derail people my slitting their wrists every so often. It is definitrly recommended to have a thorough knowledge of the mental disorder you wish to play. I have an abused Malk that I like to play who has a habit of spying on her companions and is deafly afraid of confrontation, so anxieties and depression are also common. They might also believe that they have to do certain rituals often (washing their hands before or after touching everyone, turning the lights on and off seven times whenever they enter a room, etc.) Most importantly, these disorders are absolutely detrimental to their lives and cannot ever be healed or alleviated (such as with drugs,) as this is an inherent curse by the father of all vampires himself, Caine, granted upon each and every member of Clan Malkavian. Malkavians are a harder clan to play, but also one of the most fun and interesting.

I’m interested, but I’ve only had experience with the setting through the Bloodlines game, which I thought was great.

Bloodlines is a fantastic game and pretty good at setting the tone of Vampire: the Masquerade proper. There are just a couple things to keep in mind:

1) Disciplines work wildly different in Bloodlines than in the books by the nature of being a video game. Do not use it as a basis for how vampire powers work (especially when it comes to Auspex, Obfuscate, Thaumaturgy, Necromancy, and Vicissitude.)

2) The Sabbat in that game seem to be based on the first and second editions of Vampire. Third edition fleshed out the Sabbat sect as more than just mindless monsters with a defined structure and society.

3) The Giovanni are definitely as twisted, id more twisted, than in the game, but tend to not be able to control that many zombies. Giovanni are old world war profiteers rurned necromancers turned mafiosos. They have many different family brqnches throughout the world and have a vast structure of power and influence.

But honestly Bloodlines was a good game and that gothic modern noir feel is perfect to the game, and the tone of the different clans and ghouls and what not are pretty on point. Smiling Jack is also a boss.

Hey, ten year live action and forum Vampire vet here. Clan Lasombra is actually one of my specialities (Giovanni is my number one.) The Lasombra idea is pretty close to on point with a certain brand of Lasombra. Definitely check this out: Path of Night . Lasombra on the Path of Night believe that as they are damned creatures, it is their job to be the demons of Catholic dogma, testing and terrifying humans to test their faith, thus placing themselves within God's plans.

Yeah, I noticed that path and its variant of the Righteous Path of Night also, which seemed even more suited to what I had in mind. Though I don't want to to play an utter monster who can't get along with others either. I'm sure I can work something out that treads the line, but thanks for the advice, it's a help.

Yeah, I noticed that path and its variant of the Righteous Path of Night also, which seemed even more suited to what I had in mind. Though I don't want to to play an utter monster who can't get along with others either. I'm sure I can work something out that treads the line, but thanks for the advice, it's a help.

Certainly. A tip for how to humanize the character would be to make them a devoute Catholic nun who was twisted and traumatized by her sire when he 2as testing her (Lasombra tend to be one of the harshest and cruelest clan to new potential Lasomra, second only to the Tzimisce and Baali.)

Also, Sabbat are mandated to be in a pack of other Sabbat vampires in which they perform the Vaulderie , which is a ritualistic blood bond between packmates. The more often thia is performed, the more Sabbat packmates feel an instinctive bond and sense of comraderie with each other, something that can even feel like love after a certain point. This is a great way for this character to have humanistic tendencies towards other vampires, despite her sadistic nature and tendencies.

Certainly. A tip for how to humanize the character would be to make them a devoute Catholic nun who was twisted and traumatized by her sire when he 2as testing her (Lasombra tend to be one of the harshest and cruelest clan to new potential Lasomra, second only to the Tzimisce and Baali.)

Also, Sabbat are mandated to be in a pack of other Sabbat vampires in which they perform the Vaulderie , which is a ritualistic blood bond between packmates. The more often thia is performed, the more Sabbat packmates feel an instinctive bond and sense of comraderie with each other, something that can even feel like love after a certain point. This is a great way for this character to have humanistic tendencies towards other vampires, despite her sadistic nature and tendencies.

Yeah, this is definitely a big help, I’m browsing through the Lasombra clanbook at the moment and I’ll see if I can find a Sabbat book too. But I’m definitely getting some ideas to flesh out my nun a bit more to make her more relatable, thanks :D

Kinda thinking of a devout Catholic who was obsessed with sin, but always resisted it until turned. Now she loves to tempt the faithful, she loves it when they succumb but loves it even more when they resist, feels proud of them almost. Ha, I think she’s crazy enough that I’d play her as Malkavian if I didn’t think Lasombra fitted her better.

Yeah, this is definitely a big help, I’m browsing through the Lasombra clanbook at the moment and I’ll see if I can find a Sabbat book too. But I’m definitely getting some ideas to flesh out my nun a bit more to make her more relatable, thanks :D

Kinda thinking of a devout Catholic who was obsessed with sin, but always resisted it until turned. Now she loves to tempt the faithful, she loves it when they succumb but loves it even more when they resist, feels proud of them almost. Ha, I think she’s crazy enough that I’d play her as Malkavian if I didn’t think Lasombra fitted her better.

Any time! Loads of other vampires are crazy, just a Malkavian's crazy is more pervasive and singular. For a newbie, you are actually on a pretty good Lasombra character that'd fit in well with a veteran game. Also, my other vamp book that I still have happens to be this:

20180531_145133.jpg

Well, I feel pretty well set with my character. She's a True Brujah that has been recently (as in, within the past few weeks) Embraced as a whim, and is still struggling to figure out all of this Vampire stuff.

Well, I feel pretty well set with my character. She's a True Brujah that has been recently (as in, within the past few weeks) Embraced as a whim, and is still struggling to figure out all of this Vampire stuff.

I know that I'm not the GM so it's not my place to approve or deny, but a True Brujah might be one of the most overpowered clans in the game, and in White Wolf canon there hasn't been a True Brujah youngee than 8th generation (elder) and sired within centuries. They are one of the last clans to ever sire on a whim.

If it will be a problem, I can go with a regular Brujah instead.

If it will be a problem, I can go with a regular Brujah instead.

Well, the thing is, in the medieval era when the revolts and the secr schism and the Catholic inquisitions went down, there was a split between the "True" Brujah and the regular Brujah. The True Brujah has time control powers and resent the newer Brujah. Most of them are part of the secret sect of the Sabbat, the Black Hand, and often control vampire and global politics. They also have the antithesis of the Brujah Clan flaw. While the Brujah are more tempermental and prone to outbursts, True Brujah become cold, logical, and sociopathic over time, devoid of empathy.

I mean, lore friendly a Brujah works perfectly. They are by far the most numerous clan in Vampire: the Masquerade, functioning as bikers, revolutionaries, brawlers, idealists, common rabble, warriors, and generals.

Meanwhile, most vampires outside of the old and powerful even believe that the True Brujah exist, them functioning as a secrer cabal planning on toppling countries and plotting millenia-old plots to overthrow rhe Brujah. In every game I've played, True Brujah were heavily banned, moreso used as antagonist NPCs. They're more of a campaign-end final boss than a player character.

Okay, so Malkavians are tricky. They are not "lolrandom" at all. They are dark and tragic, like Macbeth hearing voices and his obsession with prophecies. They might have a whole dead family that they are convinced are still alive and play tea with. They might have suicide ideation and derail people my slitting their wrists every so often. It is definitrly recommended to have a thorough knowledge of the mental disorder you wish to play. I have an abused Malk that I like to play who has a habit of spying on her companions and is deafly afraid of confrontation, so anxieties and depression are also common. They might also believe that they have to do certain rituals often (washing their hands before or after touching everyone, turning the lights on and off seven times whenever they enter a room, etc.) Most importantly, these disorders are absolutely detrimental to their lives and cannot ever be healed or alleviated (such as with drugs,) as this is an inherent curse by the father of all vampires himself, Caine, granted upon each and every member of Clan Malkavian. Malkavians are a harder clan to play, but also one of the most fun and interesting.

Definitely helpful, thank you so much. I was toying with having my Malk be an anxious morgue worker suffering with generalized anxiety. Once she was embraced it turned into a paranoid schizophrenia. Slowly started talking to the bodies, eventually losing the idea that they were even dead and just friends to talk to during her working hours. Possibly accompanied by occasional bouts of paranoia that she was being monitored, that get increasingly severe.

That's just the basic idea I'm trying to flesh out right now.

If anyone has any criticisms or thoughts on that background, do share!

Definitely helpful, thank you so much. I was toying with having my Malk be an anxious morgue worker suffering with generalized anxiety. Once she was embraced it turned into a paranoid schizophrenia. Slowly started talking to the bodies, eventually losing the idea that they were even dead and just friends to talk to during her working hours. Possibly accompanied by occasional bouts of paranoia that she was being monitored, that get increasingly severe.

That's just the basic idea I'm trying to flesh out right now.

If anyone has any criticisms or thoughts on that background, do share!
Very Malkavian! Now, Malkavians suffer from a permanent derrangement from the Curse of Caine, which can either be an exacerbation of an illness that they already have, or a completely new one (a perfectly sane person who is turned into a Malkavian would have a derrangement, even a random one.) They can also have a derrangement from their human life (or on erhat developed later, such as PTSD,) but that would be like a "normal" person's mental illness, i.e. that it can managed with therapy and medication, etc. Note that according to canon, vampires cannot normally ingest food, drink, or drugs, but by ingesting the blood of someone intoxicated, they will suffer similar affects (so you could drug your victim with Lithium, drink their blood, then enjoy similar effects. Same for pot and alcohol.) Personally my troupe and forum RPs we just said thay we mixed our own blood with alcohol because we didn't want to derail things with "I'm stopping by the bar to find a drunk guy to bite" every yime we wanted our characters to have a shot of Jack.

But that is a very strong starting point! I'd work on fleshing out what got her to be a morgue worker, and what led her sire to be interested in this unusual morgue worker.

Additionally, think about your character in a group setting. Being young, they will likely be tasked by either their Primogen (leader of your city's clan,) or the leadership of the Camarilla. But also because you don't wanna be posting all by yourself! XD So how they play with others. Maybe they hide their dead body thing at first because it's weird, only to slowly believe that the dead bodies are people or other vampires and adamantly deny when the other PCs say that they are dead.

Maybe while on a mission she demands they stop by somewhere to get supplies for her "friends." There are loads of possabilities, but just consider the social aspect of the character. I love what you're thinking so far! Keep it up!

Alright, I think we can all sense the tension, but things have been settled, and we're all back on track.

Essa Essa I love her! I can just picture her as the ray of light in a room full of semi-preserved corpses all in party hats. Malkavian blood sisters forever.
Candlebell Candlebell Oh no, I think we've uncovered something in you. Welcome to the World of Darkness ... I say as someone who hasn't been a member of it in years.
Sherwood Sherwood I hope abandoned Brujah and loner Malkavian (Mine, I mean) are thick as thieves.

I plan on playing a traumatized (and potentially masochistic) Malkavian girl, and who knows who else will play what else. Again, if anyone needs help, resources, etc, let me know, we have a growing network of people with access to the PDF manuals, and a willingness to help. Don't even pay attention to the actual system, just bring us a concept and we can help you build. That actual system is easy, it's just poorly explained in most of the books. I found, in skimming at least, that the V20 handbook had the best linear presentation of the dice system, but if you're having trouble again ... ASKASKASK!

Anyway, Neon is off to flesh out character background and read up on the rules more in an attempt to slim it down. I have a pretty brutal tear down in mind, but characters first people!

Kisses,
Neon!

I think slowly having her descend into her dead bodies are best friends mindset would be best, intially trying to hide it until her delusion is set in stone.

As for the social aspect, I was thinking of having her being ordered to collect blood bags from the hospital she works in and sell/deliver them to various vampires around town.

I was reading up on the derangements, these are incredibly neat lol Instead of the full on schizophrenia, I like the idea of sanguinary animism. Her anxiety and paranoia would still be there, in a higher level than her human life. Then add on the fact she thinks she consumes the soul and hears their voices for a time.

Okay, for her background and sire. Growing up, Charlie (Charlotte) was always fascinated by death. Her father ran a relatively small, but successful funeral home, so she was surrounded by the dead on a frequent basis. She's comfortable around them, maybe too much. Luckily it never seemed to impact her normal interests or ability to make friends in school.

When she was little she would make up stories about their lives; their jobs, husbands or wives, adventures through life. As she grew older she knew she wanted to work with them too. Right out of high school she applied for an entry level morgue technician position. However, she knew she wouldn't advance in the field if she didn't get a degree. After a few years of saving up money, she started touring schools and reaching out to professors to get a feel for different programs.

One professor took a particular interest in her eagerness. Charlie spent more time with them, happy to have someone that didn't back down how passionately she spoke about death. Cue her sudden embrace after a conversation on the oldest preserved bodies in history.

Charlie received her current morgue position in a higher end hospital due to feeding off of a worker that was delivering a body to the professor for a lab study. He was the first one she saw after her embrace, she could hardly be blamed...*cough

Alright, I think we can all sense the tension, but things have been settled, and we're all back on track.

I would also like to announce that Malkav now holds the rank of Co-Mod! *Confetti* Also gains the official title of lore-master.

Essa Essa I love her! I can just picture her as the ray of light in a room full of semi-preserved corpses all in party hats. Malkavian blood sisters forever.
Candlebell Candlebell Oh no, I think we've uncovered something in you. Welcome to the World of Darkness ... I say as someone who hasn't been a member of it in years.
Sherwood Sherwood I look forward to seeing your Brujah's tragic backstory. In fact, I propose a tragic-off!

And to everyone, I've been super swamped lately, and have other RPs I'm working on, but this still has as much of my attention as I can devote, and I should have the character sheet coded in the next few days. My character is almost done, and once everyone who is still interested has their info and back story up, we'll get everyone's sheet filled out, and we can do some aimless wandering to test out the rolling system, throw a few over-aggressive nobodies at everyone for the night's first meal.

Kisses,
Princess Neon

Sorry for the slow response but I've also been super busy over the weekend and the last few days.

Finally got my character background done up and, uh... might have gotten a little too detailed with it. Basically, she's a nun who loves sinners and the faithful for different reasons. She's a bit more sociopathic than I'd kinda planned, but it just sort of felt like the right way to go.

Anyway, let me know if I've made any big mistakes or anything and I'll adjust as needed.

sample1.jpg

BACKGROUND

Helene Rigard grew up a devout Catholic, much to the surprise of her parents who were casual churchgoers at best, going more out of habit than any true burning belief. But Helene took to the creed with a great enthusiasm that bemused her parents who thought it a phase she would soon grow out of as she got older.

She read whatever religious texts she could get her hands on, not out of any sort of pious obligation but rather because she wanted to better understand her God that loved her and all his children so unconditionally. She began to become more captivated with the older tales of God, a vengeful deity who almost seemed jealous when his children did love him as much as he loved them. He loved them so much he was jealous of their affection for anything else. It made perfect sense to Helene.

Beyond her obsession with God, Helene grew up a happy, pleasant and average child. She did well in school and got on well with her friends. She lived her life as best she could and rarely committed any misdeed, and when she did it was usually accidental and she was more than ready to admit her lapse. In fact, the only times Helene ever really seemed to cause trouble was when it was to do with her religion.

While still young, she was scolded for laughing in Church when the priest told the story of Jesus’ crucifixion and Judas’ suicide. But how could she not laugh? Judas would have been one of the most revered of all the apostles if he had just believed that God had planned the betrayal all out. Instead the silly man had doubted God’s love for him and committed his act of self-destruction, damning him and rightfully so. All the way from the top to so far below, it was funny.

This is the event that started her long and contentious relationship with the local priest. Helene despised the man, a gluttonous pig of a priest with an incredibly short temper who was known for his frequent use of the parish funds for his own comfort. Helene became more outspoken against his interpretation’ of the Bible and while she never failed to be there every Sunday, she soon began to tune out his rambling lectures. She stole bread and wine from the Church so she could administer the Eucharist to herself and not have to receive it from that vile man, though never saw the theft as a sin as surely God understood why she did it.

Over the years she would frequently break into the church after it was locked to spend time in contemplation or conversation with God, on topics ranging from how her friends were doing to her interpretations of the word of God to what new TV shows she was watching, never getting discouraged at the vast silence that answered her. Again, she saw nothing wrong with this breaking and entering, it was the priest who was at fault for trying to deny her access. He’d caught her several times and forced her to leave under a tirade of spitting anger.

It was during one such confrontation that she finally had enough and told the priest that if he didn’t let her stay she’d just tell everyone that he’d asked her to come and he’d tried to take advantage of her. Although her religious zeal was a little odd to others she had long established a reputation for scrupulous honesty and it was clear who the local community would believe. It was the closest she come to ever committing a deliberately deceitful act and her heart pounded at the thought of lying so blatantly.

The priest’s usually red fat face had become purple with rage from her threat and he’d raised his hand to strike her when he suddenly collapsed to the tiles of the church, clutching at his chest and wheezing, finally pushed over the edge by his bad temper and years of unhealthy living into a massive heart attack. Helene immediately began to run for help when something stopped her. Clearly the priest was finally getting what he deserved for his sinful betrayal of God. She’d always wondered why God had let this man represent him for so long, but clearly it was for this. This man had submitted himself to the sins of gluttony and wrath and now, with Helene’s help, he was finally getting his due punishment. A strangely beatific smile crept across her face as she watched the man wheeze his way to his last breath.

She thanked God for finally showing her what he wanted her to do in life. She may not be able to experience sin herself, but she could test it in others. Test them just like God had tested his people in the Old Testament. When a suitable amount of time had passed for her to be sure there could be no revival, Helene finally ran to get ‘help’ for the fallen priest. His replacement was a humble, kind, temperate old priest who quickly struck up a friendship with Helene despite the age difference. Within two years, Helene had finished school and had, with her new friend’s help, made all the arrangements to enter a convent as Sister Rigard.

She was never again as blatant in her actions as she was the first time. After all it wasn’t her place to kill anyone, just to make sure that their faith was tested. If they were found wanting God would deal with them as he desired. As she studied for a degree in Theology she spent her spare time doing whatever might tempt those around her into sin.

Praising the Mother Superior of her Convent, stoking her pride and isolating her from the rest of her sisters though a growing haughtiness. Arguing with senior priests about obscure doctrine and getting them angry. Encouraging envy between her fellow sisters, with either each other or Helene as the target of jealousy. Deliberately-innocent kindness that just bordered on flirtation with the young priests studying at the Seminary, enough to make them doubt their vows.

She felt a divine thrill when any small concession was made to a sinful act, knowing she was doing God’s work. Though she felt just as happy when those she tested resisted the temptation to sin, knowing that doing so would please God all the greater.

A light chaos seemed to surround her wherever she went as she disrupted and tested however she could, yet the source remained undetected until her final year of study. Her actions, though subtle, had finally come to the attention of a creature that would eventually end up as her grand-sire [not sure if this is a term in the setting, but I hope you know what I mean]. An old Lasombra who had been managing certain aspects of the Church in Helene’s region for longer than living memory.

Though ignorant of why she was doing it, his lifetimes of experience had allowed him to clearly see the deliberate effects she was having on the local religious community. His interest mildly peaked in this strange nun, he arranged for her to be transferred to an ancient convent deep in the French countryside. So ancient that it remained on few, if any, church records. Shortly after arriving, Helene was embraced and turned and the new pawn swiftly faded from his attention, but not for long. Three months later he received news from the convent that his childe had been diaberized by the new recruit. Mildly surprised at the suddenness of the event and Helene’s prior odd behaviour, he decided to visit the convent himself to speak with Helene before he ordered her destruction.

EMBRACE

Helene had immediately taken to life as a vampire, settling into the reality of her new situation with an unnerving ease. This was all just further proof in the existence of God and that she had correctly interpreted the path he had chosen for her. Before she had worried about committing sin in her actions to test other, but God had removed that worry by damning her. She no longer had to worry about the state of her immortal soul and could take a more direct hand in tempting the corrupting the faithful.

She immediately began to devour the hidden scripture collected by the Convent over the centuries, learning of the secret history of Caine and delighted to be among a like-minded community of sisters. Though she soon realised that none had the same zeal she had and quickly knew from where the apathy came.

The woman who had sired her, the Mother Superior, was content to live in this isolated convent, hoarding these precious writings and artefacts and growing fat on the blood of the ghouls that maintained the estate. She was just another twisted version of the old pig of a priest from her village and Helene knew how she should be dealt with and how to go about it.

Freed from her restrictive doctrine by God’s new gift of damnation, Helene went about a quiet but aggressive campaign of flattery and subversion among the younger vampires and ghouls that soon led to her consuming the Mother Superior of the Convent. The sheer ecstasy of the act let her know how pleased God was with her actions, feeling more intense than anything she had ever experienced before.

When her grand-sire had arrived the convent was still uneasy but settling down after the sudden change in leadership. Helene politely greeted the old monster and had spoken to him behind doors. To the surprise of many, he later announced that Helene was not to be destroyed but would take on the role of Mother Superior of the Convent and was forbidden from leaving for the next five years.

Time passed and Helene has re-educated her sisters in the wayward ways, teaching them in her own ways of damnation. Most followed obediently, some needed to be led and only one needed to be slaughtered as an example to the rest. And now her flock has been sent out into the wider world to do the Lord’s works.

Helene herself was called by her grandsire to Paris, where he has gifted her an old crumbling church that lies within his sphere of influence, along with the command to take control of it and the priest who resides there.

Though she has no more concern for a random human than any other of her kind, she has a deep respect and protective urge for the truly pious and faithful and refuses to feed from them. On the other hand, she will choose these people as targets to test and spends excessive amounts of time and effort trying to get them to sin. She won’t force them as she believes the sin has to be committed of the own free will but will go to considerable lengths to try their dedication. She takes great delight in finding people who love God as much as God loves them.

Last edited:
Finally got my character background done up and, uh... might have gotten a little too detailed with it.

No such thing. I used to review and write up bios over ten pages in length. XD

Anyways, I read your bio, and bravo, bravo! Fits perfectly in line with a certain mindset of Lasombra. I get her history and have a feel for the character. To comment, yes, grandsire is the proper term. I liked the angle with the priest and letting him die, very nice. One tiny detail I would suggest adding is her where she is from, since that seems to be missing. Otherwise it looks good to me. Neon Valkyrie is working on a sheet right now, so just get it formatted when we can, then we can work out smaller details such as generation, discipline stack (I very much see her focusing on the Dominate discipline,) and whatnot. Anyways, very good job!

No such thing. I used to review and write up bios over ten pages in length. XD

Anyways, I read your bio, and bravo, bravo! Fits perfectly in line with a certain mindset of Lasombra. I get her history and have a feel for the character. To comment, yes, grandsire is the proper term. I liked the angle with the priest and letting him die, very nice. One tiny detail I would suggest adding is her where she is from, since that seems to be missing. Otherwise it looks good to me. Neon Valkyrie is working on a sheet right now, so just get it formatted when we can, then we can work out smaller details such as generation, discipline stack (I very much see her focusing on the Dominate discipline,) and whatnot. Anyways, very good job!

Thanks, that's a big relief. I kept things a little vague on others names and places but I'll go find some small pleasant French village she could have grown up in.

I got the feeling that in the past Lasombra used the Church as a means to an end, whereas Helene sees it more as a means AND an end.

And I guess I must have seen grandsire somewhere when I was reading up cus I have no other idea why it would jump to mind when writing this XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back