• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Vampire the Masquerade: Where Shadows Thrive

Is this game set in a modern setting, or is it sometime else? Also, I have a great True Brujah character I've been dying to play that I could easily tweak to fit, depending on the setting. Would that Clan be allowed? If not, I can go for a regular Brujah.

Modern Day! And sure, bloodlines welcome! I'mmabe Malkavian, problematic as that may prove to be ...

Cool deal. Let me brush the dust off of my old character (written for a Vampire game that died here) and see what I need to do to make my character fit your campaign.

Just think plain jane, drop the background Vampire. Basic clan and hierarchy structure, princes and whatnot, but otherwise just drama, intrigue, action ... potentially people playing thralls and interloping hunters ... No real plan ...

Ok, I can do that. Give me a bit, and I can send you a PM with my character for you to look over and see if you like her.

Also, brb, I need a cigarette, and to go find my Malkavian clan-book! Let's see if we can snag a few more people in the mean time, then, once we have a few people, we can talk about structure, whether we should have events or anything.

ooo this sounds interesting but i've never read vampire: the masquerade, i did read the wikia though !! i'd like to join

ooo this sounds interesting but i've never read vampire: the masquerade, i did read the wikia though !! i'd like to join

You're fully welcome, but it'll be after work before I can get the newly planned character sheet up and link to character building info.

Yessss. I loved Bloodlines and the setting so much. I can replay that game anytime, heh. Anyway, I'm in, if you'll have me.

Do you need previous experience with the vampire the masquerade to join?

You just need a bit of cursory world knowledge. The wikia is okay, but I'm trying to track down some free resources for anyone who isn't old and edgy.

Yessss. I loved Bloodlines and the setting so much. I can replay that game anytime, heh. Anyway, I'm in, if you'll have me.

Lol, such a great game, almost as satisfying as the tabletop.

Oh, and a note to everyone, VtM is an adult system, but we're keeping things ToS friendly, ie suggestive is fine, explicit is not.

Actually, should probably put up a time line.
Tonight Imma go through character creation and widdle out the Stat heavy elements, while still giving people a kind of mini VtM experience, and tomorrow after work I'll upload the CS, and hopefully some links to help people who aren't familiar with the Whitewolf world.

I’m interested, but I’ve only had experience with the setting through the Bloodlines game, which I thought was great.

I’m interested, but I’ve only had experience with the setting through the Bloodlines game, which I thought was great.

That's fine, you have a good understanding of the politics and the masquerade, there will just be a bit of character creation info you likely didn't see. I'm simplifying the character creation process though, if only because we won't be using dice... Probably...

Seems like a wonderfully interesting play. If you still have a room for one more bloodsucker for the play, i would love to take part of it.

Seems like a wonderfully interesting play. If you still have a room for one more bloodsucker for the play, i would love to take part of it.
We're always accepting, everyone's just waiting on me, but I'm going to need another night to finish everything up before the CS and the lore references are all up.

So ... you people are awesome. Half of you just love vampires, and half of you LOVE VtM (so proud) ... so here's the deal ... who wants to learn to play Vampire the Masquerade? Well ... a simplified version that we can streamline for the forum, and one that doesn't rely on always having a storyteller around?

PS ... I'll change it back to Cain.

So ... you people are awesome. Half of you just love vampires, and half of you LOVE VtM (so proud) ... so here's the deal ... who wants to learn to play Vampire the Masquerade? Well ... a simplified version that we can streamline for the forum, and one that doesn't rely on always having a storyteller around?

PS ... I'll change it back to Cain.

*Caine :p

PRAISE CAINE THE DARK FATHER. MAY WE DIABLERIZE TO GET CLOSER TO HIS GLORY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back