• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vampire Corps of Eldergaard (Ooc)

Main
Here
Leo is 20. He was turned at 18 on his first real mission. He’s just a Baby.

His past is a little complicated because Vesper isn’t his biological father. He does have an older brother(Claude, who Cyn mentioned) who IS the biological heir, but he couldn’t be a ‘suitable’ heir because of an injury that left him wheelchair bound, and (supposedly) unable to have children.

Claude is already married to a minor noblewoman, but Leo is unattached and marrying him off to a royal for clout is exactly the kind of thing his dad would do.

They ARE platonic married though there is a bit more to the story than that. Cyn doesn’t really want to explain everything because there’s nothing ILLEGAL going in, but it would reflect very poorly on Finn’s parents and he is terrified of his mom and what she would do to him if people found out.

Finn loves Cyn very much very platonically but he is also very aro and the idea of being forced into a political marriage because of his position made him physically ill, too. Also they were REALLY young when they got married. Cyn was 16 and Finn had just turned 18. So neither of them probably put as much thought into it as they could have.

Cyn is 23. Rose is 28 and Finn is 25. His position as ‘advisor’ is very heavily played up. His father is the one with the real power, and Finn is ‘learning from him’ to take over from him eventually. But he’s very good at politics, especially for his age, and he is planning So Many Things.

I was all, “ok, ok, Lucille sounds horrible” but then she ridiculed her own grandmother and I’m sorry but that’s unforgivable

my favorite part about this is Cyn giving only his husband’s last name so all the Eldergaardians are like, “ya the royal advisor” but Cyn actually means the advisor’s son

Ghggh yeah he didn’t even think of that.

Honestly Finn has been very subtly manipulating his father for years now and is SO much better at his job than he is anyways. The Bicksley family is very very old and well known nobility, so their position mostly came from status rather than... actually doing a good job. Ever since his father started ‘teaching’ Finn when he turned 20 or so he’s gotten remarkably better at his job but nobody ever says anything.

also if anyone has ideas on what should happen next.... please suggest

I figured people would either be demanding answers (or giving people suspicious narrowing of eyes) or plotting their escape.
At this point, Astrid is planning on retaining her captives and taking them to the capitol to turn over to the generals.
However, I am also very much down for them not making it back to the Dragon if we want a fight to break out or one group wants to overpower another or whatever you two think.

Well we COULD have a fight break out - Leo would be absolutely mortified if his plan to rescue his commander got them all taken as hostage instead.

OR another option is that the nighthawk could get damaged, either by an internal scuffle or the griffin’s projectiles and they need to make an emergency landing in the middle of absolutely nowhere, preferably somewhere near the border maybe? A survival situation where they have to rely on one another despite their different allegiances.

I was thinking along those lines as well! The ground is not a friendly place, which is why the Eldergaardians developed airships.

And Alyx would be so TICKED if she ended up recaptured or stranded because her captain and one of her vampires thought it was a good idea to rescue her with an enemy ship.

hmmmm stranded on the ground does have potential

my VERY vague idea of why Gigi was in Eldergaard is that she has been communicating with independent vampire factions (who live in hiding? like dwarves in a mountain or something who knows?) about freeing the military vampires from Eldergaardian control but tbh i dont know if that really makes sense in the socio-political landscape cuz idk if the vampires are unhappy with the arrangement? But it does seem like they are kinda enslaved and if Allaria can help free them then thats a) a potential valuable ally or at the very least b) an enemy they dont have to face down anymore

this convo with her and crane in my intro was sorta alluding to that:

“You don’t think someone on board The Dragon knows-”

“Of course not,”
Georgiana said with a roll of her brown eyes. “Word doesn’t travel that fast.

I was thinking maybe she was going to meet them on the ground at some point but knew she could get faster/further with an airship since its harder to patrol an air border than a land border? or that maybe she was actually intending to get captured and brought to the capitol as a hostage because she was told the vampire independents would be able to contact her from there? (that is admittedly a pretty stupid/trusting plan, BUT allaria is more than a lil outmatched in this war and they arent gonna be able to keep it up forever, so. and she's enough of a royal to send as a representative but not important enough of one that her loss would be significant on a societal front)

I just realized that I am Crane. We are united by the bond of not knowing what the hell Gigi is up to

OR if gigi is trying to get to the ground anyways, she could sabotage the ship herself

or make it seem as though she has sabotaged it

That could definitely work. There are tons of vampires who are not pleased with this arrangement. Alyx is one of them, but now there are some mistrusts there between the vampires who are working with the Eldergaardian military and the vampires who are still in the mountains.

There would definitely be some vampires living in the mountains around there. They live in clans in castles.

I am perfectly ok with that! Rose will not exactly be pleased if his ship gets destroyed, but he can deal with it.

And I didn't get much into it just yet because I have ~plans~ but the vampires are most definitely enslaved into this as all the clans basically were forced to send their strongest young vampires to be the military's commanders. Some of the commanders settled into their role and actually seem to enjoy the power it grants them *cough*Maksim*cough* but this has lead to the vampires back home thinking they are now on the side of the Eldergaardians regardless if they are or not. (This was part of the generals' plan--if they could control the next generation of clan leaders and sew discord, they would not be dealing with the vampire problem once the war is done.)

But now this leads me trying to figure out which clan would be communicating with Allarians. I'm tempted to make it Maksim's because everyone would hate that the most, but it's more likely one of the smaller dissenting clans. Most of the clans see Allaria as more the enemy because at least the Eldergaardian humans are not killing off their children at the moment.

Also, I feel so bad for Leo if they do end up meeting up with a vampire clan because they are going to be so contemptuous about his very existence.

Leo is just not having a very good time at all. And it is only going to get worse and worse from here.

Leo's life is like a billy mays commerical.... BUT WAIT- THERE'S MORE!!!!

Ghggh honestly every single one of my characters in this rp is just like. A kid who grew up surrounded by the WORST adults possible and they all have issues for days.

Cyn is going to be extremely empathetic to the vampires if he finds out their situation honestly. He and his siblings have experienced the nastier parts of Allaria’s social issues first hand, and they may not be an evil military dictatorship, but with a society built on nobility you KNOW there is massive wealth and class inequality. And certain Olden-days under the table practices that are generally frowned upon but that old powerful families can get away with, like buying children from orphanages to work without pay as servants until they can afford to repay the costs of their adoption, lodging and raising. Cyn got ABSURDLY lucky with Finn marrying him to get him out of his debt with his parents. Poor Rose and Camellia have not been so lucky. Finn pays them way more than his parents ever would and he does take good care of them, but they are basically in his debt for life and have no chance of legally getting out of it as long as his parents are still alive.

This is all kept extremely hush hush though, and is TECHNICALLY legal according to laws from like centuries ago that just never got actually amended in a proper fashion.

Oh man, poor babies.

And I'm over here actually trying to *not* be like, "and their parents either suck or are dead!" Which is my usual modus operandi, as you both well know. ^.^"

Also Alyx is very done with Georgiana. Not only did she not stay put, but then she dragged Alyx into a free-fall, and then she ogled one of her squadron, and now she's tHrEaTeNiNg HeR cApTaIn

Hahaha, I admit I’m a sucker for dead parents. At least May has a dad who is present and not awful! But everybody else suffers.

Gigi is royalty, she would never do something so crude as 'ogle'! she appreciates

And im sure Alyx will have her turn to be appreciated, just as soon as Gigi would like her to be flustered/uncomfortable and hopefully looking away from whatever Gigi would like to accomplish

Alyx will most likely just be like, "what is wrong with you I could literally eat you for breakfast" unless she was ogling er, appreciating Astrid in which case Alyx would be more like, "dO nOt"

Or Gigi could just ask Rose to threaten to murder Leo or Astrid because that's working real well right now

hmmm I'm thinking it actually might be best if they were shot at by the griffon (or the dragon? they might be closer and as far as the Dragon knows, thats an allarian ship in their territory) because then they cant pin the blame on each other AND itll mix up the landing and give everyone a chance to spread out physically and realign themselves and what not instead of all just marching out of the ship in a (vaguely) orderly fashion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back