• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Valkyria Chronicles: The Great Eibrian War

Arrogant Menace

This ain't it chief
Valkyria-Chronicles.jpg

July 15th, 1934
"Today marks an age of war, this morning Imperial forces invaded Warlia through its southern border. Taken by surprise the standing Warlian army stood no chance against the might of the Roykkan Empire, and by nightfall Imperial forces had reached the northern sea. It didn't take long for the Northern Alliance to declare war on the empire, but we all knew this was going to happen, though I never thought they would strike Warlia... my home. I just hope everyone's okay... But I want to enlist in the Northern Alliance to free my home, I can't sit around this university while my homeland is fighting for its life."

~Leonardo Haddock

The Great Eibran WarHello all and welcome to my sorry excuse for an Interest check. After playing through Valkyria Chronicles 4 I had a huge surge of inspiration for an rp based around the series. For those of you who don't know Valkyria Chronicles (or VC for short) is a turn-based 3rd person strategy-ish game which can be dumbed down to Fire emblem + Excom + World war 2. Anyways everyone's welcome to join this, even if you haven't played the games as this rp will have no relation to the games save for the mechanics and some lore. Just like in the games this rp will follow a squad throughout the war, this one is called the Great Eibran War.

Just a little heads up, like the games in the series there will be a Valkyrur present in the squad though while she is open for anyone who's interested ideally she would be a runaway princess from the empire, I don't want to stomp on anyone's creative mojo so if you're interested then hit me up.

Anyways I'll be happy to elaborate or explain more to those who are interested!​

I'm interested. And I've played 1, 2 and 4.
May I ask what country Eibran is going to be analogous to from the real world?

Last edited:
I'd interested. And I've played 1, 2 and 4.
May I ask what country Eibran is going to be analogous to from the real world?
Preferably I'd like to have Eibran to be it's own thing. I know the real world counterparts is a big thing in VC but I'm honestly not Clever enough to make up my own 😅

Preferably I'd like to have Eibran to be it's own thing. I know the real world counterparts is a big thing in VC but I'm honestly not Clever enough to make up my own 😅

Fair enough, it would be kind of hard to translate an entire countries history and style. I had an idea once of doing a Valkyria Chronicles rp withsomething like a Serbian style country, but I think I'd rather be a player than run one.
That being said, I'm still interested.

Fair enough, it would be kind of hard to translate an entire countries history and style. I had an idea once of doing a Valkyria Chronicles rp withsomething like a Serbian style country, but I think I'd rather be a player than run one.
Sounds cool, but thanks for showing interest. I'll get a cs up when a few others join in.

I might be interested, i'm curious to know Arrogant Menace Arrogant Menace if you have plans for a 'limited roster', it might become a bit of a mess if 80% of the playerbase want to play as snipers? :P I would really love to know how you made your map of the Continent please!? ^_^

I might be interested, i'm curious to know Arrogant Menace Arrogant Menace if you have plans for a 'limited roster', it might become a bit of a mess if 80% of the playerbase want to play as snipers? :P I would really love to know how you made your map of the Continent please!? ^_^
Wait I though snipers were the meta? But anyways I never thought of that, if it comes down to where there's a huge number of one class then I would deffinetly put a limit. As for the map I made it a while ago on some website that I can't remember, but I'll try and find it again for yoy. :)

Count me in, might be some good experience for a later idea...

Need any help with anything in terms of planning, I’d be willing to lend a hand.

Weirdly enough I kinda thought the Gallian troops looked like the early uniforms of World War One French soldiers but with a storyline akin to the Belgium/Luxembourg/Netherlands when they were invaded by the Germans during the Second World War, if that makes sense? :P

Weirdly enough I kinda thought the Gallian troops looked like the early uniforms of World War One French soldiers but with a storyline akin to the Belgium/Luxembourg/Netherlands when they were invaded by the Germans during the Second World War, if that makes sense? :P

Oh yeah. As far as the history goes, it dips into a lot of stuff in the course of the first game. I kind of always thought that it was a collection of the smaller nation's of Europe that were pinned between the other powers. It's easy to forget what actually happened to a lot of nation's after they were invaded.

Oh yeah. As far as the history goes, it dips into a lot of stuff in the course of the first game. I kind of always thought that it was a collection of the smaller nation's of Europe that were pinned between the other powers. It's easy to forget what actually happened to a lot of nation's after they were invaded.
Yeah, i've never touched any of the later games. I had such love for the first game's theme, equipment style and character roster that I didn't want to expand outwards in fear of the next games being too... different? :P Perhaps I am just one of those stubborn fellas that doesn't like change ^_^

I've heard multiple times that VC 3 was the best, but that was before 4 came out and I've never played 3 so idk how good it actually is.

Yeah, i've never touched any of the later games. I had such love for the first game's theme, equipment style and character roster that I didn't want to expand outwards in fear of the next games being too... different? :P Perhaps I am just one of those stubborn fellas that doesn't like change ^_^

As far as story, characters, themes, gear and equipment, plus the historical notes; 1 will always be my favorite. It also has the nostalgic senesation of bring one of my all time favorite games and the first I played after moving into my first house after high school. I will say that 4 has a lot of features that I love a little more (Grenadiers, tanks not mandatory, snipers having return and intercept fire, chapters for the regular squad mates the DLC characters). 4 does have some of my favorite recruitable squad mates, at least by design.

I've heard multiple times that VC 3 was the best, but that was before 4 came out and I've never played 3 so idk how good it actually is.

I played 3 on a jailbroken PSP. It's nothing that great, imo. And the game doesn't really translate as well into the handheld.

I gotta say though.. the Gallian camouflage patterns just make me wonna fan-boy-nosebleed all over whoever came up with the idea!!!.. I'm torn between deciding whether it looks more like the dazzle pattern used on ships during the First & Second World War to confuse submarines on the ship's direction or speed. Or if it's inspired by the Berlin Brigade's urban camouflage used on their tanks! ^_^

I gotta say though.. the Gallian camouflage patterns just make me wonna fan-boy-nosebleed all over whoever came up with the idea!!!.. I'm torn between deciding whether it looks more like the dazzle pattern used on ships during the First & Second World War to confuse submarines on the ship's direction or speed. Or if it's inspired by the Berlin Brigade's urban camouflage used on their tanks! ^_^

Well, on a land vechicle, the kind of camoflague pattern the Gallians use would be best used in urban environments (at least on the tanks) Which makes sense for the kind of environments they aim to defend. So, the Berlin Brigade fits best.

Sorry for the wait guys I've almost got it ready, just here to make a few announcement before we get started.

First I'd like to introduce Elekta Kount Elekta Kount as our co gm, he's already been a huge help with planning.

Secondly our Valkryrur spot is still open but I will be opening up another position for a light tank in the regiment.

Lastly if anyone wants to help develop nations (since that's where our characters come from) don't be afraid to ask. I know Elekta is already working with one.

Anyways the cs should be up in a bit, I just have to make a few adjustments.
RanmaruMori RanmaruMori Becker Becker PowerElite PowerElite @

Users who are viewing this thread

Back