• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Valkyom OOC

ChoShadow

That One Fear In My Enemy's Eyes
Thawne Thawne Shog Shog Elekta Kount Elekta Kount LieutenantL LieutenantL F o o l i s h n e s s F o o l i s h n e s s that1aj that1aj Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy JustifiedRoles JustifiedRoles The Saviour of the Masses The Saviour of the Masses @Chromquistador Sprios Sprios LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Hey everyone, and welcome to Valkyom!

This is the OOC where all discussion about the RP will be held. Questions, concerns, complaints, etc will all be presented and addressed here, so please do not post such things to other threads such as the Character's Thread (coming soon) or the IC Thread (not linked).

Thank you, and welcome once again! I hope you all enjoy!

So let's please open the OOC discussion with a few points of information and a few questions for you from yours truly!

1) The premise of the game is as follows:

- Valkyom is a VR MMORPG with a game world that is consistent and ongoing regardless of who is online. When you log off, the game clock keeps ticking. Your time online must be well spent if you wish to make a different in helping to prevent the impending Cataclysms.

- The year in real life is 2022 (decided to make it closer to our near future than further out for the sake of simplicity)

- The in-game clock is ten times faster than the real world clock. 6 months in-game is roughly 19 days (rounded up) in real life, which is about two and a half weeks of real time passing between Cataclysms. That's plenty of time to log on for extended periods of time to meet friends, level up, quest, get loads of cool items, weapons, armor, etc, and prepare as best you can for the coming apocalyptic Event. It's also enough time to do all of that and take some time to relax and enjoy the multitude of things the game world has to offer!

2) Things to do in-game include, but are certainly not limited to, the following:

* Mining
* Foraging (finding herbs, flowers, mushrooms, herbalist type stuff basically)
* Smithing
* Fishing
* Smelting (separate from Smithing which is the crafting of weapons/armor/accessories)
* Cooking
* Floral Design
* Farming
* Ranching
* Taming (yes, you can tame wild creatures (we'll discuss exactly what kind of creatures later))
* Training Instruction (become a "Master" and teach NPC's and other players for profit in your respective weapon's use)
* Carpentry
* Architecture
* Stonemasonry
* Fine Arts (all kinds like music, painting, sculpting, dance, theatre, etc)
* And many, many more!

(Basically if you can think it up and it makes sense in a medieval setting, it works as a possible profession)

3) The plot!

Should have put this one first, but whatever.

This one is open to whatever you guys want. If you want to have all or some of the characters know each other beforehand, that's cool. If you want to be a total stranger to the others, that's cool. This RP's in-game world is HUGE, roughly the size of the real world (with quick-travel to ease our way), so there's PLETNY Of space to explore and do things with.

Once our characters have all come together, they will form a group (Party) and ad each other to their respective Friends Lists. Together they will grind for levels, Gold, and loot, and help one another to prepare for the impending Cataclysms while at the same time enjoying the game together for its realism right down to the fact that your hairs stand on end when you're cold of scared of something.

Pain is the one thing this game doesn't have, as it's a safety concern to allow Players who are essentially involved in a combination of hypnosis and brainwave interception to be allowed to experience pain and extreme physical duress.

__________________________________________​

That's about it!​

Now a few questions:

1) Is everyone okay with the way things have been laid out thus far?

2) Does anyone have any further questions about the way things work?

3) Does anyone have any further ideas to add to the RP to help make it that much better?

4) Does anyone have any concerns about the way it's set up?

Thank you!

I only have one really very super mega important question

Can I have a pet dragon and raise it from egg to beast?

Yes
No
Pain added during Cataclysms maybe to add more realism, but it gives a warning before the event so anyone not wanting in can just not be involved.
Nope

Also, without pain how do you keep track of your hp? Sure there's a bar but in the midst of combat you wouldn't notice. Maybe pain exist but its like dulled to be less than real life.

Also, without pain how do you keep track of your hp? Sure there's a bar but in the midst of combat you wouldn't notice. Maybe pain exist but its like dulled to be less than real life.

There's a system of cues the game provides to let you know your HP is getting lower.

If and when your HP drops to 50% of your max, your vision starts to blur around the edges of your FOV. The central area is clear and will remain that way so you don't lose the ability to see what's in front of you, but you will lose a bit of peripheral vision in the process.

Second, that blurring effect will get progressively more red as your HP gets lower and lower. At around 10% HP, it's blood red and solid letting you know, "HEY!! You're about to DIE!!" At 5% HP, your entire FOV becomes red, though the central area will be a transparent red so you can still see.

I just want to be a beast tamer with a dragon. That my current rp obsession

Well you may satisfy that obsession here.
I wasn't tag, yet being the few who wanted to join.

Sorry about that. I went through trying to find everyone to tag, but it looks like I missed yours. I'm sure you weren't the only one I missed either, so if there's anyone else I missed I do apologize.

Well you may satisfy that obsession here.

Sorry about that. I went through trying to find everyone to tag, but it looks like I missed yours. I'm sure you weren't the only one I missed either, so if there's anyone else I missed I do apologize.
Sounds good to me boss.

tumblr_okea973q0G1u86t2qo1_500.gif

What sort of cataclysms would there be? All natural, or each a different sort of variety

What sort of cataclysms would there be? All natural, or each a different sort of variety

It's going to change each time. Many of them are giant monsters the size of mountains which will take at least 500 Players to defeat in combat. Others will be natural disasters which have to be averted using special means. And we can come up with even more as well.

If anyone else has questions, concerns, etc, please do post them! I love questions because it shows me you're serious about understanding the RP which is much appreciated!

The only input I have is to have some other events between the apocalyptic ones to give extra incentive to gear up. I also wanted to ask if you could choose to start with a specific weapon and progress from there or if you'd have to find said weapon first.

The only input I have is to have some other events between the apocalyptic ones to give extra incentive to gear up. I also wanted to ask if you could choose to start with a specific weapon and progress from there or if you'd have to find said weapon first.

You will choose your weapon to start the game with, but you will only ever use that weapon for this character so you'll have to pick wisely. However if and when the Cataclysms come around and we fail to stop them, you may choose a new weapon when you log back on and start fresh if you found that particular weapon not quite to your liking.

As for other events, there are going to be the usual expected Quests going on to keep players occupied. Guild Quests. Local Quests (posted by NPC's). "Special Quests," which are weekly/monthly special events hosted by the Developers to challenge the most eager of Players who want to take a bit of a risk and get some higher level gear/items. On-Going Quests which are highly difficult and demanding Quests similar to Special Quests, but hosted by "upper class" NPC's like Kings, Nobles, etc from the larger cities and such which will continue to evolve and add onto themselves as the collected world of Players progress. And more.

As we play, you and everyone else will be free to design and create your own Quests to partake in to customize your adventure to your liking. However, when you do make new Quests to go on, you have to get final approval from me before implementing it. 99% of the time I will say "go for it," as long as the Quest in question is balanced and doesn't over-reward you for your participation or put you in some kind of unrealistic situation.

All right then everyone!

The Characters Page is open to characters, and can be found here: Valkyom Character Page

Good luck and have fun! If you have any questions or concerns, please voice them here and I will answer them as quickly as I can!

I asked you all to use my character profile as a template, but please don't feel pressured to write as much as I did. So long as you provide all the info and fulfill the minimum sentence requirements on the Personality and Biography sections, you're good to go. And no, you don't have to provide a voice example like I did either. That's totally optional.

Last edited:
Are the weapons limited to swords and bows and such? Or can something magical be used?

All right then everyone!

The Characters Page is open to characters, and can be found here: Valkyom Character Page

Good luck and have fun! If you have any questions or concerns, please voice them here and I will answer them as quickly as I can!

I asked you all to use my character profile as a template, but please don't feel pressured to write as much as I did. So long as you provide all the info and fulfill the minimum sentence requirements on the Personality and Biography sections, you're good to go. And no, you don't have to provide a voice example like I did either. That's totally optional.
Also, does the face claim have to be human?

I'd like my character to be a Mage whom supports and defends with spells. Can be offensive yea, but mostly a defensive-support class as that's their role. is that ok?

ChoShadow ChoShadow

Last edited:
Also, does the face claim have to be human?

Weapons include any kind of sword, axe, hammer, longbow, kunai, darts, blowgun, nunchaku, sickle and chain, ball and chain, etc.

If it fits a medieval world setting, it's useable.

No, there is no magic.

I'm not sure what you mean by "face claim," but there are only humans in the RP world. Your character, your real character, is a human being plain and simple because this is a modern (only 5 years ahead of our present time) RP.

The VR game they're playing is medieval fantasy. But the actual RP is taking place in the real world. So yes, your real character HAS to be a human being.

You can customize your character to look like a different fantasy race, but those races such as Dwarves, Elves, Faeries, etc do not exist in the game world. Mimicking their appearance via the character creation menu is as close as you get to being them.

I'd like my character to be a Mage whom supports and defends with spells. Can be offensive yea, but mostly a defensive-support class as that's their role. is that ok?

ChoShadow ChoShadow

There is no magic in the RP, so mages are a no-go. The only thing about this RP which even remotely qualifies as magic is the speed at which potions and such recover your HP, Stamina, remove afflictions and debuffs, etc. But magic itself is not part of the RP.

Well, are we all using realistic FCs or is it a mix of anime/drawings and realistic FCs?

I'm using a real human photo for my Character profile because she is a human being. If you prefer an anime/CG character to use for your profile image of what your real life character looks like, that's fine. But obviously the less stylized, the better.

I chose not to enter an "in-game" image either because Saya is going to use the body scan to scan her real-world appearance for the game so there's no point in finding another image. If you find that your character is going to heavily alter their appearance or create an appearance from scratch to use for the in-game avatar they play as, you can find another image that suits what they'll look like in-game.

Hi animegirl20 animegirl20 , just a quick note in case you missed the detail. The RP is going to begin in the year 2022, so your character's DOB if she's 18 should be 2004. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back