• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern V.I.S.I.O.N - Other-Natural Superhero Academy - OUT-OF-CHARACTER

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Tomorrow? D: Aaaaahhh! lol it should be enough time for me. I'm... about half way done? Just have the Bio, and Powers bit to do.

Hey, if you're a bit late by a day or two, it's no big deal. We is lenient. Just jump into the IC when you're done. Don't worry.

Hello, I just realized that the due date for the cs is tomorrow so I hope I have it by that time also a quick question I was thinking that the ability of my character was going to be related to earth manipulation but is connected to her emotions I just wanted to know if that's allowed or is too powerful and I should change it.

Hello, I just realized that the due date for the cs is tomorrow so I hope I have it by that time also a quick question I was thinking that the ability of my character was going to be related to earth manipulation but is connected to her emotions I just wanted to know if that's allowed or is too powerful and I should change it.

I don't see how that could be a problem. Are you suggesting that if she becomes angry there is like earthquakes and if she is happy other things happen? I would like to have a better idea of what the emotional aspect of the ability is. If you can clear that up I am sure it won't be a problem. My character already does a bit of earth-bending, but only in temporary intervals. So you can still claim it as your own.

One quick question for the bosses, TYPE TYPE and Braddington Braddington : I was thinking of writing up a healer who uses their own blood - rich in stem cells, growth factors and other biological niceties - to augment cellular rejuvenation, and I was wondering where on the power scale such a character would be best placed? I feel there's a 'supportive role' gap at V.I.S.I.O.N, but I don't want to be overstretching the mark, especially as higher tier power are rare.

I don't see how that could be a problem. Are you suggesting that if she becomes angry there is like earthquakes and if she is happy other things happen? I would like to have a better idea of what the emotional aspect of the ability is. If you can clear that up I am sure it won't be a problem. My character already does a bit of earth-bending, but only in temporary intervals. So you can still claim it as your own.
What you just mention is what I'm thinking related to her powers if she is angry her powers would become unstable so that's when things like an earthquake could happen and when she is happy she would be able to control her powers at her will, hope that clarifies more my idea.

One quick question for the bosses, TYPE TYPE and Braddington Braddington : I was thinking of writing up a healer who uses their own blood - rich in stem cells, growth factors and other biological niceties - to augment cellular rejuvenation, and I was wondering where on the power scale such a character would be best placed? I feel there's a 'supportive role' gap at V.I.S.I.O.N, but I don't want to be overstretching the mark, especially as higher tier power are rare.

Heya. It's fine. I like the concept - so, sort of like bloodbending meets water-healing from Avatar? Either way, it sounds cool. As for limitations and TIER? I think, as long as you keep it touch based, make clear the things you can't heal - and such, then it should be fine. We already have a staff member that has tactile healing, but it does not have any negative effects on them. If you have a slight negative effect - as it should be with the whole "using own blood thing" - I could bump it down to TIER 3. But it sounds cool. Sounds promising. Can't wait to see what you have in mind.

What you just mention is what I'm thinking related to her powers if she is angry her powers would become unstable so that's when things like an earthquake could happen and when she is happy she would be able to control her powers at her will, hope that clarifies more my idea.

Cool. I like it. Notice - you will need to specify that it is localized earthquakes. I don't want her going around destroying cities when she is angry. I don't want the facility to fall over she has a bad breakup. So, if you can limit it well, and if you can make sure that it is at least manageable within the context of a story - then I don't see any problems. Go ahead - if we don't agree with your limitations - we will let you know.

I don’t think so. It’s only been about a day, and we’re supposed to start on Wedsday. TYPE TYPE ?

Soo TYPE TYPE will we wear muggle clothes or will there be a uniform. (the question is when do I get my X suit)

There is a department within the institute where you will be working on your "PUBLIC PERSONA" - essentially your superhero costume, your MO, your assets etc etc. SO, at school you will be wearing normal clothes - unless you are doing physical/combat training - in which case you wear protective armor. And before the first year is done you will have your superhero name, style and whatnot. Hope this clears that up. I would suggest that you start looking for a style you would like. As we will be asking for it eventually.

Here are some teams. Note - we have only added those who are already either done with their CS, or considered close enough that we are willing to accept them. This is not the final, and will change in the future. But this should give you an idea of who you will be working with.

NOTE: THIS IS TEAMS, not DORMS. They will follow soon.

1554233565393.png

Team Electron
Dani and her boys
giphy.gif

Here is the Room Allocations. You will be staying with this person in a DORM for the remainder of the year. You will be expected to be support for eachother, both academically, socially and spiritually. Make sure to get to know your roomie!

NOTE: This is STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGE, as there are a few that have either not posted a CS yet, or have not finished their's yet. When done, you will be allocated a room and a partner.

NOTE 2: If you feel like we missed something, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will try and help or correct ASAP!

1554234622677.png

Here are some teams. Note - we have only added those who are already either done with their CS, or considered close enough that we are willing to accept them. This is not the final, and will change in the future. But this should give you an idea of who you will be working with.

NOTE: THIS IS TEAMS, not DORMS. They will follow soon.

View attachment 558409
Lets try this again: So a style. What exactly goes into a style? I’d like to start looking but I don’t really know what it implies.

Okay, so a question: are we training to become hero’s or simply training to enhance our powers? Also, what do teams exactly entail? Sorry, just a little curious about the lore implications here

The whole facility is to learn how to use your abilities - safely and efficiently - while also pushing them to the limits. As far as your character is aware, these events and tests and schemes are all there to make sure that you come to grips with what you can do, and make sure that you can do it well and in a stable manner. The whole "Hero" side is kinda an option. They want to make sure you can do it if you want to, but it's not expected of you - and really, most probably won't. Most will most likely try and find a way to monetize their abilities. There are some who think that the owner of the facility is training an army under the guise of a school... whether there is truth in that or not, no one can really say.

As for the teams - it is presented as team building exercises designed to test your abilities and your overall skills. The tests are also designed to integrate you into the campus life, and introduce you to the various things you can find there. It is not 'implied or suggested' that it is actually prep for any real combat situations, even if some of them are inspired by such tests. The team is chosen by the Campus and you are to learn how to use your abilities both alone and in groups - studying individual strengths and weaknesses - and learning how to supplement them within your group. There are also rewards that will be made known for winning these tests - in order to build a sense of camaraderie, a sense of tribalism and a sense of competition.

I hope that gives a bit of clarity. If not, please ask away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back