• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern V.I.S.I.O.N - Other-Natural Superhero Academy - IN CHARACTER

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

TYPE

Now what?
1554411192837.png
V.I.S.I.O.N
Vancouver Institute of Science & Innovation:
Other-Natural Department

DATE: Monday 09 January 2040
TIME: 06:45 A.M.

The whole point of the exercise was to simulate a day in the life of the average student. Dr. Lavoie had thought this an inspired idea, and had retained that conviction right until she had suggested it to Novikov - thinking that he would perhaps grunt and return to his afternoon nap. Instead however, he had decided to descend from his Palazzo and - at first - accompany them during the exercise, now it seemed, choosing to orchestrate it. She had thought that perhaps they should only do a ‘simulation’ - meaning they would visit each of the points and facilities directly after one another, inspect the area, and move on. He however, decided that the only way we are ever going to know that everything is really working, is to actually do an actual day in the actual life of an actual student. Meaning, to the chagrin of the finance department, the entire facility was to run live. Food was to be prepared. All ablutions made to work perfectly and be tested. All facilities tested in full by teams of workers and other staff - costing the Program an exuberant amount for wasted resources.

The thought alone, as it ran through her head, had her pinching the bridge of her nose, the two pills she had taken less than a minute ago failing to postpone the rapidly approaching headache. With every moment that passed she wanted more and more to just call off the day and retire to her rooms. The near constant bitching of a nearly one-hundred year old Russian man in the background did nothing to help her mood. Maybe the electricity they wasted for the day could of gone to frying him instead.

“Cadence! The food? <an exaggerated retching sound> If you can call it that. What is it? We are paying so much! Could we not get them some real food? I’ve seen astronauts with more gourmet shit than this!” Dr Lavoie scrunched her eyes closed tightly and groaned, not bothering to answer him. Instead, Sir Richard Leowyn - a tall, charming man with a voice as soothing as hot chocolate had on Christmas morning - opted to assuage Novikov.

“I assure you sir, our research has found that ‘Chicken Nuggets, Pizza and Burgers’ are well within the general expectations one might have should one enroll within an equally comparable advanced place of study such as this. Given that we offer a variety of vegetarian <another choking retching sound from Novikov> options, we are well within the bounds of expectations.” The man cleared his throat, while continuing to eat his nuggets dutifully with a fork and knife, sipping a cup of ‘herbal bubble tea’, pointing toward a particularly large piece of chicken and motioning towards the Director, “Just so.”

The notion was seconded by Mr Gao Sheng, who quickly swallowed a bite of his pizza, before raising a concerned hand for attention. “I would normally complain about the fact that we are offering such fatty foods for breakfast, but the American students were adamant that we not undermine their cultural heritage and tendency towards fast foods during all meals.”

Maybe to another man, the combined approval of two distinguished members of the Program might have persuaded him. But this was not another man. Cadence winsed, knowing it wasn’t enough, wasn’t nearly enough. Before she could even managed to open her mouth to try and bolster their defences, Novikov had managed to organise whatever thoughts he might have had, and reignited his offensive.

“Equally comparable! You want us to be on par with some cheap State University that pregnant teenagers send their kids! Tell me, Sir Richard, where in Oxford is the one that can turn into a lava monster? Tell me, Mr Sheng, where in Harvard is the literal suit of fucking sentient metal? We are not comparable! I put money into this thing, I want a return on that.” Cadence rose up to answer.

“Sir, surely. This is but but foo-” Before she could manage to finish a thought he continued.

“And the cheese!? If you could call it that. It is plastic. In my home town we would use this cheese to wrap up real cheese for the winter! And they put it on everything!? Where is the Borscht? Where is the Beef Stroganoff? The Sweet-and-Sour Cabbage?” His irritated voice seemed to pick up even further, carrying over the vast open atrium. Before the conversation could escalate further, the Chief of Security, Sofia Lindgren contributed her opinion on events.

“Perhaps, Director, now is not the time.” Her hand pointed to a large gathering of workers forming a line towards the food collection point, “It appears we are holding up the line.” Novikov sighed, as the only person among these failing sycophants he actually managed to respect urged him onward. He took his brightly colored tray piled high with pancakes slathered in bacon grease and with some local Canadian maple syrup on top, a cartened apple fruit drink and a small box filled with peanuts - before leading the small party over towards the seating area.

They had barely sat down when he started to complain about the seating. This trend continued for the remainder of the day, and only ceased around 15:00, when he got bored and told them to finish on their own. The whole event seemingly pointless with nothing to show for it except the broken hearts of lunch ladies and the finance department. One upside of the morning was that after hours of complaints, headaches and endless amounts of moaning, the Director, ever hard to read simply stated that he thought the place was “Brilliant.” Whatever the hell that was supposed to mean after his performance.

As Cadence, Richard, Gao and Sofia sat outside in one of the shaded garden walkways, each with one of the complimentary fruit juices dispensed by a number of vending machines, they all took a breath, lounging back on the ergonomically designed benches. Cadence was the first to speak, the rest waiting for her as she was the closest thing to a leader (administratively competent leader) they had at the moment.

“While this might have felt like a massive waste of time, energy and money… which it was, let’s be honest - I want to say thank you to you lot. We would not have managed to put all of this together without your input.” She nodded at them solemnly, her tone undercut somewhat by the slurping noise coming from her juice box. Sofia nodded in turn, her own grape juice spent already. Casting the box to the side - a good few hundred feet - she grabbed the second of many drinks piled next to her.

“Yeah. You would not have. You’re right.” She then proceeded to continue devouring her second drink. Richard smiled at her quirks, before adding.

“What I think our dear colleague might mean to say, is that we are aware that we have added our own particular brands and skills to this establishment - but let us not forget the great efforts you have gone through <His eyes move almost imperceptibly towards the central tower where Novikov’s office is> in order to secure this wonderous opportunity for not only the youth of this world, but for all those as we are.” He looked over towards Sofia, as if wanting her to validate his interpretation, finding that she was staring off in the distance at some birds that were fighting over her discarded juice box. He looked over towards Gao who nodded in approval.

“Yes! I cannot agree more. We have so many amazing candidates for this season. Did you all see the application for the Telepath - just like Hogan! Beyond that we also have one that can bend light! Can you imagine what research we can do if we could employ his potential skills!” The oftentime quiet and reserved man seemed to light up at the prospect of research that may be done in the future. Cadence took the compliment with grace, nodding towards Gao.

“Yes. And we have so many more I can’t wait to meet. One week lady and gentleman. Before the year will truly start. One week to go.” She sighed, finally coming to terms with the fact that all of her work has finally seemed to pay off. Sir Richard, ever the gentleman, arose for his seat, juice box in hand.

“Indeed. I look forward to working with you all in the months to come. A toast to our success, perhaps?” His arm outstretched itself, waiting for any comers. Cadence smirked at the man, knocking her own against his before Gao and finally, after some prodding, Sofia did as well. “To success.” Came the Doctor’s voice through the assembled group, a cacophony of slurps filling the morning air.

---------------------

[First post Requirements: Please have your character move down from their dorms towards the Central plaza. You can spend a few posts getting to know your Dorm mate or other students over breakfast, who you will have been living with or interacting with over the last weekend. The starting date is Monday the 16th of January 2040, around 6:45 - The Instructions to meet in the Plaza were sent to you via your VISION Communications Tablet - signed by the Director himself, whom some of you may have seen in passing over the last weekend running around the facility.]

DATE: Monday 16 January 2040
TIME: 06:45 A.M.

Her time in V.I.S.I.O.N hadn’t been very long, but Nadia had already began to get to work on getting to know her dorm mate and other students she had come across in the dorms and other parts of the campus facility. Her room mate was Katia from Romania, and the same age as her, just like so many of them here were. Lucky number nineteen, she guessed. That, or they specifically picked out candidates they were interested that were nineteen.

She couldn’t presume to know the mind of the person-in-charge who had recruited them, and not that she cared anyway. This was a trivial matter, worth nothing more than a passing thought. After waking up and doing the mandatory washing up to make her appearance satisfactory, Nadia voiced out to her roommate that she was heading down to have breakfast, and for her to take as much time as she needed. The instructions she received in the communications tablet they all got on their first day here had specifically mentioned by the director that they were to meet in the Central Plaza, and she made her way there without much trouble.

Arriving at the food court, Nadia joined the queue to get her food, and discovered the food options to be relatively simple fare, and it was not really something that she had problems with. People always seemed so surprised that she liked chicken nuggets, pizza and burgers simply because she came from an extremely wealthy family. Her family may have been rich, but she had simple tastes. When it came to her turn, she picked a couple of nuggets, a slice of pizza and a burger for herself. Despite her slim figure, she’d always been a big eater. Weight gain had always been a non-issue, something she attributed to the upkeep of her powers. She grabbed cup of this ‘herbal bubble tea’ drink, placing it on her tray and made a beeline towards an empty seat before she tucked into her meal.

SAMARA "SAM" VOLKOVA

2v1p5qa.jpg
Her eyes open gently. Her fingers spread out across grass damp with morning dew. Her toes curl and a few blades snake their way between them, promptly uprooting from their place in the earth. Samara's stretch ends with a weighted exhale through her nose. A light fog tightly hugs the [V.I.S.I.O.N] grounds, shifting ever so slightly, it appears as a cloud blanket that had been keeping Mother Earth warm through the night. Gaia's energy was comforting to Samara; when She was calm, Sam couldn't help but notice the Predator Spirit following suit. Samara showed gratitude and became hopeful for what she felt would be a good day ahead.

Samara sat up, more awake now, and rubbed her eyes as she yawned. The urge for another stretch came and Samara happily obliged. Her arms extended up above her head as muscles tensed all across her body. Finally relaxing and flopping back down like a wet rag, Samara pressed her hands against the ground and stood to her feet. Her loose gray tank top was water stained on the back and laid freely over top of her short black leggings. An emerald stone hangs from a necklace that bounces against her chest with every step. As Samara made her way towards the main building, she made sure to take in the nature around her. They remained hidden within the treeline, but with Samara's increased senses she could pick them out clearly. Even if she was miles away. An involuntary smirk crossed her face as she remembered how overwhelming it was the first time she experienced the increase in perception.

As her leisurely stroll came close to and end, her stomach made sure to remind her why she wanted to go inside in the first place. She was on a mission to hopefully find something edible in here. The faculty wasn't too happy with her hunting for herself like she did over the weekend. This was aggravating to Samara and she wholeheartedly planned to find how far out from grounds she could go. She hoped to hunt where the faculty couldn't see her. For now though, she will have to settle with processed human food.

Her wet, bare feet squished and left a trail of small puddles with each step. Samara didn't mind. But a maintenance crew member could be spotted scowling at the notion that they already had to clean their marble white floor. Samara cautiously walked along the serving line, eyeing the 'food' presented to her. Running out of patience, Samara resorted to grabbing a handful of chicken nuggets and stripped three burgers down to just the patty. She then piled them onto her plate and rushed to an open seat near a window. With little regard for what she looked like, she then began scarfing down her food with a serious gusto.

Last edited:

TIME: 7:00 A.M.
Mentions
: Darth Oats Darth Oats CosmicComet CosmicComet

Tempest had just finished on the treadmill in the private gym of her dorm building when, she received a message on her communications tablet. Sighing, she turned her machine off, grabbed her water bottle, and made her way back to her dorm. She always preferred to start her morning with a workout of some sort, it made her feel energized and ready to face the day. When she arrived at her dorm room, she hopped in the shower and wondered what the various students at V.I.S.I.O.N. would be like, curious about both their powers and their agreeability. Tempest hadn’t had time to get to know her roommate, Amy, considering the short amount of time everyone had been at V.I.S.I.O.N., but hoped they would get along well enough. She had enough past experience with crazy roommates to last an entire lifetime. Tempest dressed in a simple and light white T-shirt and with a pair of dark grey jeans, and slid on a pair of black ankle boots, grabbing a light jacket before getting ready to leave.

After checking in the mirror to see if she looked presentable, Tempest slipped on her ring, slid her tablet into her bag, and began making her way to the cafeteria as directed. Already having the map of campus memorized, she knew it would be a relatively short walk. Admiring the architecture of campus, she wondered just how much money and effort it took to make this place. Not to mention how much security it must have due to the tensions between people with and without abilities. Shaking the thought away, Tempest approached the cafeteria. She smiled to herself after seeing the various amounts of fast food offered and thought it funny that a state of the art facility served relatively basic foods. Tempest looked around a bit more before finally deciding to grab an iced latte and an assortment of fruit, never having been a big breakfast eater. Scanning the cafeteria, Tempest spotted two girls sitting alone, one ravenously eating her food, she debated sitting alone or picking who to sit with. While she was curious as to why the one girl had a trail of puddles leading up to her seat, she ultimately decided to make her way to the other girl's table. "Is this seat taken?" she asked, and sipped her coffee as she awaited a response.

Last edited:
Interactions: Darth Oats Darth Oats

Perseus opened his eyes groggily as he blinked a few times, confused at why his ceiling wasn't a dark green. He sat up slowly, remembering where he was and what was going on. He rubbed the crust from his eyes, as he accepted he still wasn't acquainted yet to his room. Percy, as he reached over to his bedside table to grab his glasses, he noticed his roommates slightly askew made bed. It was a she, wasn't it? He'd barely seen her since he moved in, and just assumed she was really busy with something else. A lot. Most of the time. Stretching, he got out of bed, and headed for the bathroom to get ready for the day. After giving his lenses a quick clean, he decided to go for a very general look. He put on a pair of close-fitting sweatpants and purple T-shirt along with a gray jacket. He nodded at the bare minimum, and grabbed his Communications Tablet from the dresser, as it seemed to have some kind of notification. Oh cool, it seemed as if the students were uniting for a meal. He'd be pretty glad for a hardy breakfast in the first place, as Percy realized when the small room was filled with the sound of his stomach. He quickly grabbed his bag, containing his journal and tablet, and exited the room.

When he had first looked at the enormous facility, he'd expected something at least a little fancy. Anything over what you can get at a fast food restaurant. But he wasn't complaining, as long as they had actual food. They did, he found out as he thanked the ladies giving him said food, grabbing some pancakes with syrup and one of the supposed 'herbal bubble tea' which did look somewhat like real bubble tea. Turning to the seating area, it looked like only three people had arrived, all of them females. Two of them seemed to be talking to each other, so he focused on the other... was she barefoot. He blinked a few times, noticing a few dirty puddles leading to her seat. Wait a second... was this her? The infamous roommate who had evaded him since their arrival? It had to be, judging by her messy ways of eating and walking in general. Perseus did recall finding a few strange moist spots after the first few hours, so in his mind it couldn't be anyone else. He headed over to her table, and sat down.
"Hey...so I think we're roommates? I don't mean to pry, but if we are, why are you almost never in the room?"

NAME: Fleur Karoly
TIME: 07:05 A.M.
OUTFIT: Here
MENTIONS: CosmicComet CosmicComet Darth Oats Darth Oats LindsMagee LindsMagee Squad141 Squad141
INTERACTIONS:Open
Not after the music ended was the moment where Fleur stopped dancing. She knew that choreography by memory and could do it even with her eyes closed. She had the opportunity of her life to finally be able to be the leading role in the Nutcracker and put her name out there and be able to show to her parents that all the efforts and sacrifices were not in vain but at the end, the only thing that happened was that she ruined her audition by almost destroying the place thanks to her powers and not too long after the accident happened, she was in a different country far from her family and with unknown people that were special just like her.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she started feeling the soreness of her muscles and by that, she knew it was time to let her body rest and probably have something to eat. She went back to her room still feeling awkward at the big space that she had, she was sure that the room was the triple of size than the one she had back home and even if she was not a stranger to share a room, she was used to having as a roommate her younger sister and not a complete stranger. But she knew that if she tried she would get used to living like this or that's what she wanted to believe. After a cold shower to help relax her muscles and that was quite a habit in Fleur's life since she and her family were used to having that kind of shower to reduce expenses, she was hoping that now that she wasn't there they would be able to have a warm bath once in a while.

After she finished and put up on some warm clothes, she went to the food court since the breakfast was scheduled at that time, she tried not to think of meeting new people but in fact, she was feeling a little bit anxious and nervous for being surrounded by so many strangers. Once she arrived she noticed that there wasn't a lot of people in there with her there were only five people present and she thought that maybe some were still sleeping or they weren't hungry due to the jet lag, she made her way towards the ladies that were serving the food and got surprised by the choices they made, she loved pizza and hamburgers and was quite a luxury she gave to herself once in a while on her cheat meal, but never as a breakfast, she knew that if Madame Cyrine saw the breakfast she would have had a heart attack.

Fleur decided to choose the basic food of breakfast and went for some pancakes, fruit, and orange juice after she was served her food, it was time to choose a place to sit, she didn't want to bother the two girls and the other table where there were a guy and a barefoot girl seemed they were having a conversation, Fleur wasn't the best at introducing herself to new people, so she opted for sitting alone rather than being awkward in front of all these people.

Darth Oats Darth Oats LindsMagee LindsMagee

Amy was in bed when the message came on her tablet. She sighed as she sat up and looked at it “Already!? How early do they expect us to get up?” Reluctantly, she climbed out of bed and made her way over to her wardrobe. She hasn’t gotten to know her roommate yet and recently decided not to...change her as she doubted any one higher up would be happy if they suddenly became always they best of friends. She put on a blue dress and a necklace, as well as making sure her makeup looked good. Before heading out the dorm.

Unfortunately, she had not bothered to remember the location of the cafeteria, after a while of looking and asking around, she eventually found it. She rolled her eyes as she remembered the food choices there, missing having someone that would be more then happy to cook whatever she wanted. She lined up, before picking up a burger and looking for a seat. She noticed Tempest talking to another girl and walked over “Hi, Tempest. Who’s this your talking to? New friend?” She smiled as she sat down at the table. “Don’t be shy, I’m sure she wouldn’t mind if we sit with her.”

In...Out...In...Out.
Focused and controlled breathing. Dani inhaled through her nose and exhaled through her mouth.

Bleep, bleep.

Her morning yoga interrupted by V.I.S.I.O.N.’s communication tablet. Peaking through one eye, she tried to look down to read it, but gave up and completely unfolding herself picking up the device.

Breakfast time.

She had been shuffling about this morning quietly to not wake Casper, her roommate. Honestly, for Dani being up this early was out of the ordinary. V.I.S.I.O.N. was a place that was out of the ordinary. Since arriving she’d barely slept all weekend. All the anticipation leading up to today just kept her mind too wide awake.

She stole a glance back at her roommate, but was sure he wasn’t fully asleep. She had done her best to be quiet, but she stilled hadn’t gaged how heavy of a sleeper he was yet. Pulling together an outfit from her still unpacked suitcase, she headed to the bathroom to change.

Canada was no desert she had to remind herself as she slid into a pair of jeans and a sweater. Glancing up at her reflection she raised her eyebrow before flipping her head over, flaming curls flying, and twisted them into a messy top knot. Knodding back at herself she gave approval before switching the tap on.

She wet her toothbrush, squeezed out her toothpaste, and then wet it again before she began to brush. Humming to herself she danced and brushed, brushed and danced. Bobbing to some song only she could pick up. Looking a lot like a rabid dog she smiled back at herself before spitting a mouth full into the sink, she wiped her mouth on her sleeve, and chuckled to herself. She began to rummage through her make up bag (as well as what was already littering the counter) and applied a basic face (mascara, highlight, bronzer, and tinted lip balm). Poor Casper was already starting to understand the mess storm that was Danielle Rooney Vasquez Collins, but he’d learned to love it - or at least accept it - eventually.

Poking her head out of the bathroom, Cas was definitely was stirring.

“Cassie,” Dani beamed. “its time to get up. They are serving breakfast. The communi thingy signed from The Director said to get to the plaza.” She knelt beside his bed, resting her elbow on her knee, and her chin in her hand. “Do you want me to wait for you?”

Casper Cloud
It wasn’t impossible to get to sleep here. In fact, Monday morning found Casper deep in a dream. The nights since he had arrived hadn’t been easy though. As much as he already liked his roomie, Dani, he didn’t imagine he would ever get used to sleeping in the same room as someone else. He wasn’t sure if that made him spoiled, or just weird, but he hadn’t thought about it for long enough to reach a conclusion.
His dream slowly faded away as he was drawn out of his deep sleep. He could tell that Dani was moving around, but his eyes didn’t open until he heard the bathroom door close behind her. He looked around the room and tried to feel more excited than sad. He still missed his room at his grandparents’ house, but then he rolled over and felt for the folds of the picture under his pillow. He pulled it out with extra care and tilted it so that a small beam of light from the window would shine on it. His face relaxed into a smile and he traced a gentle thumb over the faces of his dads. Remembering them always made him happy-sad, which was better than just sad.
He carefully returned the picture to its secret place and rolled onto his side, eyes closing when he heard the bathroom tap turn off and the door crack open.
Cas immediately stuck his tongue out at the nickname, but he couldn’t help the smile as he opened his eyes and saw Dani kneeling by his bed and smiling at him.
“Yes, please.” He answered quickly, rolling in a quick circle to wrap his blanket around himself so that he could pad to the bathroom, taking a spare set of clothes with him.
Once the door was closed, he pulled up his night shirt slowly and looked at the mirror, but there wasn’t really anything to see. Now that he was at a place for special people, he couldn’t decide whether to be relieved or upset when his feathers weren’t there. Without them he had no proof that he was special, but he had already discovered that most people weren’t that impressed by his feathers anyway.
He dressed quickly in sweatpants and a few layers of shirts before he set to brushing his teeth. There wasn’t really cold weather in Florida where his grandparents lived, but Cas was content to layer his shirts in compensation for his lack of sweaters.
Once he finished brushing his teeth, he quickly straightened his hair with his hands and went back out into the bedroom. “Ready!” He said brightly, tucking his communications tablet into a small bag. He pulled the bag’s strap over his head as he went out of the main door into the hallway.
Normally he wouldn’t have memorized the way to walk someplace, but food was important enough that he was fairly confident in their path as he and Dani walked to the food court. The fact that he had walked to the food court several times didn’t mean that he was any less interested in the buildings and people they passed though. The food court itself was full enough of people to keep his attention, right up until he saw the food. He let Dani lead the way, but his mouth was practically watering at the smell of food, and he happily loaded up his plate. After he had collected all the breakfast stuff he wanted, though, he was left facing the room full of people directly. And that which was sufficiently intimidating to have him edging behind Dani since she was the closest, most familiar thing in the room full of strangers.
Tower 2, Room 402 •••> Central Plaza, Food Court
Mentions: None
Interactions:
neighborly neighborly

444201421441712923093.jpg

Last edited:

" Daniel sat happily by one of the Tower windows, gazing into the foggy darkness that enveloped the facility from the comfort of the communal area. The morning mist was, in many ways, enchanting as it swirled and spiralled around the modern monoliths of glass and steel, but it was entirely bereft of heat. Bitter, crisp and frosty - Daniel found it an incredibly unfamiliar combination. Despite spending a week acclimatising to the Canadian temperatures, he was still not quite used to the way the cold air crept across his skin. The breath of winter whisked away his warmth leaving him pale and shiverish, and missing the Melbournian sunshine.

He curled his blanched fingers around the white china cup that he held, enjoying the warmth that leeched slowly into his hands and deep into his blood. He took a long sip and allowed the warm liquid to sit on his tongue, savouring both the sweetness of the tea and the quietness of the moment. It wouldn't be long before the corridors filled with the clamour and clangour of students going around their daily existence, scuttling, scampering, and scrambling like a colony of gifted ants, and Daniel appreciated the rare opportunity for tranquility.

The only noise to be heard was the tick-tock-ticking of the wall clock, as time was hastily swallowed without remorse.

Daniel relished every second. He found time to think to be in short supply.

Unfortunately, however, all good things - including Daniel's life-bringing tea - must invariably come to an end, and, after a length stay, Daniel unenergetically abandoned his secluded spot as breakfast time loomed.

He picked up the leather satchel by his feet, checked to make sure he had his tablet and his scalpel, swung it over his shoulder, and made his way downstairs towards the Central Plaza. As he approached the food court, Daniel could hear the humdrum chatter of his fellow Visionaries and he could smell the appetising aroma of sizzling bacon and freshly brewed tea. His stomach rumbled loudly, urging him to join the queue and insisting that he load his plate with food to quell his sudden hunger. It was a physiological request he was very willing to answer.

After he finally decided to end his gluttonous raid on the cafeteria, he glanced around the court for someone he recognised. The facility was housing a myriad of students and Daniel, not involving himself in the fresher parties of the first week, didn't know that many people.

It took him a moment to find her, but eventually he spotted his roommate sitting awkwardly on her own. Daniel, to his discredit, didn't know much about Fleur Faroly except that she was a talented dancer and exceptionally shy. But, he had time to learn about her life.

"Good day, Fleur," he said cheerily, pulling out the seat across from her, "How's life? Did you sleep okay last night?" "

|| DANIEL APPLEGATE ||
DATE: Monday 09 January 2040
TIME: 07:08 A.M.
Tags: Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy

Last edited:

INTERACTION : EVERYONE IN THE DINING HALL - SPECIFICALLY : Braddington Braddington

The water moved in small ripples, the tips of Ernesto's shivering fingers brushing along the surface. His dark, tanned skin seemed to contrast well with his inky black body suit, which seemed to keep most of the cold outside, but doing very little for his feet, hands and head. His hair, wet and slicked back over his neck, brow and ears dripped salty water down his face, every few moments collecting on the tip of his nose, before dipping down onto the surfboard, past his now blue lips.

He had left early that morning, leaving a small note for Felix on his nightstand - telling him to bring his rucksack with the already packed extra clothes and the rest of Ernesto's things to the meeting, before sneaking out around 3:00 AM. From there, it had been a quick jog over the campus, before reaching the waterway that surrounded it. In the early morning freezing air, it almost felt like his feet were gonna fall off from the icy stinging - but soon enough they numbed, and before long he was laying down on his board, paddling out towards the river that connected with the ocean barely 20 minutes away. The trip down river was fast, as he used his newly found abilities to move himself across the glassy surface, the mist along the mirror like water obscuring much. Before long he saw small docks along the riverside, boats of all kinds and even a few homes built alongside the waterway. Moving past them like a ghost in the night, Ernesto finally reached the mouth of the river, quickly rushing out of the water, across the sand - feeling it kick up along his shins - sticking to his feet - reminding him of his home, his youth and his friends for but a moment, before remembering how warm and soft the sand had been back home. Nothing quite like this cold and course beach. But it would do. For now. He was not here for the sand. He was here for the waves.

It had been amazing, catching some early morning waves, the beach empty and quiet. He could have sworn he saw some fish meeting him when he went in a bit deeper, where the waves calmed and even the sea lay quiet. When the sun started to rise and the mist thickened along the water - the clouds gathered, and a quick rain set in. The feeling of the icy droplets pelting his back as he paddled out towards the beach was something he had never experienced before. The already intense cold seemed to deepen further, at which point he felt his lips start to quiver, his hands start to shake, and the tips of his fingers start to prune. Deciding that he should probably get back to the campus, he rushed across the beach before getting back into the water of the river, heading back up from where he came. About half way there the rain seemed to let up, the sun cutting through the sky at some points - showcasing the amazing silvery beauty of the Canadian skies, and the deep green that seemed to be everywhere Ernesto looked. So alien. Again, a pang for home ran through him, before he shook his head. He would make new friends here. And new friends did not mean replacing old ones.

Less than ten minutes later Ernesto jumped out onto the ledge running alongside the campus waterway, pulling his surfboard from the water. Rushing over towards a bush where he had hidden a towel, he found that it was soaked through. Shaking his head, he ran across campus again, trying to build up some heat and friction. As he ran past the dining area, he saw many people eating already, however he did not spot Felix. Deciding that it would take too long to get back to the room, he ran towards the communal showers in the gym, and took a quick, warm shower - still in his surfing body suit, slowly feeling his body come alive once more - his lips turning only a dark purple instead of blue. Drying off with the air-dryer, relishing the warm air being blown against his skin. feeling refreshed, and seeing his crazy hair standing in all directions because of the wind, he smiled at himself in the mirror, before walking out and towards the dining hall, surfboard beneath his one arm. When he arrived, he raised a hand to the assembled group, loudly greeting them.

"Hey everyone! Amazing morning hey? What's for breakfast?" With his trademark massive smile he walked through the group, waving and winking as he went, before reaching the men and women serving breakfast. "And what do we have here? Makes sense that such a beautiful facility should have such beautiful staff!" He picked up a tray as he walked passed them, flashing them smiles all the while. One of the ladies flushed pink, before adding an extra nugget onto his plate. He winked at her, before walking over, sitting with the group - just to the side. Instead of sitting on the seat however, he balanced his surfboard against the table, before sitting on the table itself, his feet on the seating area - balancing his tray on his legs - looking at the group. "So, anyone seen Felix? Can't walk around in this thing all day, can I?" He laughed, reaching down and snapping the elastic fabric against his thigh, before popping a nugget into his mouth.

Last edited:

mentions: Shadow Shadow TYPE TYPE

After Casper had wiggled himself into his little special cacoon and headed to the bathroom Dani laid herself on his bed. As he was getting ready Dani was thinking back on the weekend and their first meeting. Casper was shy. Honestly, she had her parents were a little shocked that she’d be sharing her room with a boy, but after meeting Casper, neither was worried.

“Ready!” Casper said brightly emerging from the bathroom, tucking his communication table into a small bag.

“Oh, good idea.” Dani smiled as she rummaged through her stuff pulling out a small cognac backpack, sliding her tablet in it as well. She linked her arm with Casper’s and they headed toward the food court.

While Dani lead the way she couldn’t help to still be distracted by the beauty of the school they found themselves in. Her first day she had spent some time exploring the campus but still, it was surreal to be here, especially being on the low level of the power range. They were coming up on breakfast as she could smell all the foods intermingling. Dani lead the way through the line, but Casper was nearly pushing her through it.

Who the hell eats chicken nugs this early in the morning? Dani rolled her eyes as she picked up a plate of waffles, fruit, and a very LARGE cup of coffee (of which she was already trying to snag a few sips of). She glanced over to her roomie before taking a good scan of the nearly full cafeteria. She decided on a table just to the side that a few others were already at. Dani sipped at her coffee, introducing herself to the few.

"Hey everyone! Amazing morning hey? What's for breakfast?" a boy walked in loudly announcing his presence with a massive smile as he walked through the lunch line. He was dressed in a wet suit, caring a surf board. He was working the lunch attendees and Dani had to admit, the way he was demanding attention was pretty impressive. He walked over and sat on their table.

"So, anyone seen Felix? Can't walk around in this thing all day, can I?" He laughed, reaching down and snapping the elastic fabric against his thigh, before popping a nugget into his mouth. Clearly, people were actually eating chicken nugs this early in the morning.

Mentions: Darth Oats Darth Oats Squad141 Squad141
Interactions: WeaselThor WeaselThor

Ahn Yoon-ah tried to stay sleep but her communications tablet went off twice, with the second message being an accident. She lazily read it, and the moment she did she hopped out of bed. All she could think about was food. She was somewhat a foodie, so she was excited to see what they had to offer. Yoon-ah looked over at the other bed at her room Antonio to see if he was woke or not. And he wasn't.

"Hey, Annnnntooooon! Wake up, I'll meet you in the Central Plaze, you remember where that is right?"

Yoon-ah took a quick shower and got dressed in black capri tights, sports bra and an oversized tank top. Nothing too fancy, she just wanted to hurry up and get to the food court. She checked on Antonio with a glance before skipping down to the plaza. She seen it was already bustling with students, and more coming in from every angle. She grabbed her four slices of pizza and a cup of fruit. Pizza was her favorite food, she licked her lips and smiled.

Yoon-ah grabbed her some bubble tea and a bottle of water. Once she had everything she wanted she looked around for a spot to sit. There were so many places to sit, she didn't know where to. But she was keen on a window seat. She skipped on over to a window seat with a group kids around it already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back