• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Updated partner search. Always open.

Sweet Sonata

Dance upon the winds of your wildest dreams
Hi, I am Sonata and have been around this site for a few months. Either way, I have been roleplaying over 15 years, back in good old AOL days. I have my own style of writing that is incredibly difficult for me to change, but I like to paint a picture with my words. I may offer a picture, but I will do my best to describe things by words alone. Obviously this makes me have very wordy posts.
I will usually post several times a day, so I am a very active partner. I don't like one liners, although I know in some instances such as dialogue they are needed.
Discord I use mainly for OOC discussion, chatting and in general asking questions, getting clarification on things etc.

My ideas evolve and change constantly, I like to start with a basic plot line and build something together with my partner. I don't want to be the only one driving the story in other words. Ideas as of this moment:

Fantasy - Can you see me now?

2.Hand of Sorrow ***

3.A Bloody Reign

4.And Together They Rose

I will always play a female. Some stories are written simply as MxF, some can be altered to FxF. I have no issues doing either.

Discord: Sonata#5567

Hit me up with your ideas too! I don't do modern/horror or anything like that. Just not a fan. I promise I only nibble. :)

Last edited:
I may have what you seek. I've got a large scene already set up (an entire universe, to be exact) in the dark fantasy style, built on realism. I.e. everything has an explanation and you won't be eating unicorns for breakfast or destroying planets with a wink. I already have another person, but since I'd like to manage the background (world events, economy, politics, random encounters) and the antagonist force, I think you two could get along just fine.
Sparks your interest?

Looks like a background info from a LARP lol, let me delve into it a bit more

You are correct. The intention was to try and bring a little bit more immersion into the text role play action. In the end it's a little odd to regular role players. One example is that it requires one-liners from time to time, due to the combat being described step by step. That and as much as I know, everyone likes to be the center of attention (this isn't the case, as you can see in the "General Information" file).

It would work, the world is set up and all but I didn't really see any story arc in it

Only a small fragment is present. If you read the general information, you should've noticed that the story isn't static. Most of the lore isn't written down in there because players are meant to find it out, as much or as little as they want.

Only a small fragment is present. If you read the general information, you should've noticed that the story isn't static. Most of the lore isn't written down in there because players are meant to find it out, as much or as little as they want.
If you'd like, I could give you a short summary of the story that happened with the previous players.

Zarus Nargash started as a young knight (unofficially), who's father (Ashator Nargash) had left home in some unknown pursuit. Not before teaching his swordplay. Ashator was a warrior and leader respected across multiple countries, but ultimately disappeared. Arnal Garcia, the other player, started out as an insignificant bandit.

So, Zarus picked up some rusty armor, an old sword and set off with a little bit of supplies to search for his father. Along the way he met Arnal (sparing his life after a fight, so that in return Arnal could atone for his crimes). After some traveling, speaking to the locals, getting their bones crushed by a werewolf and a mage gone rogue, they met a mage, who pointed them to the Great Forge of Nargash- an underground city inhabited mostly by the Akledon race, established by Ashator Nargash while he was in his prime. There they met Gauldin Tersina, the character who was my "avatar" and one of the main figures who portrayed the progress of the story. From him they learned that Gauldin and Ashator were once comrades in arms who fought under the same banner. After a certain battle near the Great Forge of Nargash, Ashator disappeared without a trace- his body wasn't found.

More traveling, some side story and lots of information gathering commenced. They returned to the Forge once again, only to see the city attacked by assassins sent after Zarus due to "unknown reasons". From there on, more traveling, major improvements in equipment and skill- learned some magic, yatta yatta yataa. At one point they ended up trying to clear a dungeon: they fought off some bandits, all was fine and dandy. They also met another trio of friendly adventurers. Alas, those three got torn asunder by a demon present lower in the dungeon. After barely killing it, they were ambushed my multiple of those. In the end they were teleported out by Evara (one of the residents of Vilkeea, Gauldin's servant).

Then a little tour of Vilkeea, some more gearing up (got horse-sized wolves to ride. One of the wolves was named Horse later on). A time skip commenced, after which the mages in Vilkeea sensed a strong magical presence. In one of the continents. The duo set out. After some time, before they found anything, Vilkeea's scouts reported a large force of unidentified alliegence making their way into the core of a contitent, leaving none alive. The player duo was assigned a small squad and tasked with scouting for intelligence. They ended up meeting a mixed race force on their way to cut off the enemy's supply line (almost got killed by the friendlies due to misintroducing themselves). They successfully, though with difficulty, stormed a garrisoned fort, but stopping supply deliveries was useless, because they found out that they were fighting a force of undead soldiers.

And that is where the players split up, and where the world setting is at right now.

Hey! I've given it some thought and I'd feel up to creating a fantasy roleplay with you. Unless you want to go with one of your ideas. I can do that too.

Hey! I've given it some thought and I'd feel up to creating a fantasy roleplay with you. Unless you want to go with one of your ideas. I can do that too.
We could do either. If there is one that strikes your fancy let me know or we can do a different one

I looked up What Have You Done Now. It seems interesting. And there's not much to it. Do you have any more details on it?
Not at the moment, it's one that you could create several different sorts of characters for the story. So if you wanted to play the critter she summons, cool. If you want to play someone else, the story can go in that direction.

*stares intently at number 2* Jiiiiiiii~—…...

I may be interested in other words XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back