• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy UNTAMED ARCHIPELAGO: IC

Other
Here

Pat

Three Thousand Club
romain-cauquil-plage.jpg

Where IC flavor and orders go for the turns of Beckoncall Beckoncall 's nation building roleplay go. At first, only one move (from cluster to cluster of islands) and 1-2 actions a turn are allowed.

Archipelago11.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Everyone! Just a mechanical note before we begin:

SYMPATHETIC players start at PORT BAX
OPPOSED players start at GREY MAIDENS
INDIFFERENT PLAYERS start at Either, they choose.
NATIVES start at a point Beckoncall Beckoncall Designates. Contact me if you need info.

And so... It begins...

PORT BAX --

The last spike of known civilization in the lastlands if you can loosely call it that, It is the largest landmass for miles around, with clusters of islands the further west one goes. On what is affectionately known as "The Rock" the island is nothing but sand and mountains, and a few refuges for common birds and the predators that eat them. Seals, Sea lions and Sea Elephants lay thick on the rocky coasts, strewn with the skeletons of ships that were wrecked in storms or scuttled when previous attempts to pacify the godless isles had failed. The Port is a sprawling shanty town with a large drydock where all the wood is cracked and it looks like a multitude of ships have come to die. Around the Drydock is a small but exotic fish market, selling exotic fruits de mer for those brave enough to literally go as far as possible to find them, with a bazaar of odd shops around the border where spices and sugar and all manner of goods are hawked. The rest of the town are a mixture of old manor-houses that look centuries old, squatting among clumps of lean-tos, hovels, and soggy wooden structures catering to the adventurous, the foolish, and the damned. The Inns and Taverns are wild and cruel -- but cruelest of all is the great Muurdain fortress hewn from mountain rock which seems to both cast it's great shadow over the town just as it's twin lighthouses splash their light intermittently over the settlement as they light on the reefs and rocks beyond the shore. No-one knows who Governs Port Bax, but some say the Governor and the head of the guild of thieves are one in the same. Three housemen idle endlessly in front of the fortresses great steel doors, the bones of unbidden visitors piled on either side of the road.

Your ships have come from far away to explore the untamed archipelagos -- To the last of the lastlands and the sea of islands beyond. You have a crude incomplete map you have assembled from rumors and bits of ancient charts. Your stocks are refilled, Food and water restored with some materials for building and repairs as needed.

There are mercenaries in town, it seems -- their bragging and song and clattering coin just belying the tension of various rivals who with the wrong word or deed would be at each others throats.

Some actions you can take in Port Bax: (or anything else you can think of)

1) Trade wealth for goods, spice, sugar, tobacco, Furs and skins. (units traded on a 1 wealth to 1 unit basis)
2) Visit the Drydock -- Nobody needs repairs at the start of our story, but they do sell Ship upgrades for 3 wealth each.
3) Carouse in the Inns and Taverns -- where you might pick up some interesting rumors or even some useful info.
4) Visit the Gunnery -- for 1 wealth you can buy up to your full compliment of cannons (your ship is only half stocked at the start of your adventure) -- Goblins, Gnomes and Dwarves also have shops here that sell a variety of additional weapons and tools.
5) You can SET A COURSE to any island in a nearby cluster of islands, and declaring your actions/intentions on arrival. Alternatively you can GATHER INTEL on a nearby island before you set a course there.
6) Ready for a challenge? Seek the truth behind the TALES OF SMUGGLERS SHIV...

GREY MAIDENS --

Warm and humid and wet and windy, the outlaw town of Grey Maidens is so named for the two massive peaks that dwarf everything else on the island. Jaunty music plays under the gloomy overcast, as if the free spirit of the community existed in defiance of the crashing waves, schools of sharks, plagues of crabs and ever present stinging insects.

The Town of Grey Maidens sits in the lap of a deep forest lined with cairns of rock and signs warning the foolish not to tread in the ancient wood. Old witches have a circle of wagons in the clearing between the wood and the town, offering to trade magic lore with fellow casters, or to read the fortunes of newcomers with Harrow Cards -- the notorious deck of blessings and curses.
A slick ship-refitter mounts a wooden and iron platform at the edge of the docks, selling cannons, ship upgrades, and repairs for one's vessel. In the center of town a great orc pavilion made of tanned leathers holds an arena where one can bet or compete on duels or great melees.
Split almost right down the middle is a "good side" and "bad side" of town -- the "good side" with patches of green and brown grass, and the oldest houses of retired privateers, freeboaters, and a variety of robbers-come-legitimate with their own army of goons to keep out the bad element.

On the bad side of town the grass is black or utterly absent -- and the areas close to the water are constantly encroached by giant sea urchins, most the size of a human head, but some so large their skeletons have been converted into houses for the poorest and strangest folk. Gangs rove the darker parts of town, often colliding with predictable results. In the center of town is the giant statue of a praying mantis, nearly 8 foot tall standing most oddly without a base or plaque of any kind.

Some actions you can take in grey maidens (or anything else you can think of):

1) Have your Harrow Deck read -- what does the future hold, are you blessed or cursed?
2) Trade Magical Lore with the witches -- what can your casters learn/teach the coven, and what is it worth?
3) Carouse in the Inns and Taverns -- where you might pick up some interesting rumors or even some useful info.
4) Visit the Arena -- Stake any number of crew in the great melees, or pit a hero or trooper in the duels!
5) You can SET A COURSE to any island in a nearby cluster of islands, and declaring your actions/intentions on arrival. Alternatively you can GATHER INTEL on a nearby island before you set a course there.
6) Ready for a challenge? Seek the truth behind the TALES OF SMUGGLERS SHIV...

NATIVE ISLAND(s):

1) You can SET A COURSE to any island in a nearby cluster of islands, and declaring your actions/intentions on arrival. Alternatively you can GATHER INTEL on a nearby island before you set a course there.

2) Survey your island, or declare any other actions you might think fruitful...

EVERYONE:

Remember -- you have a Free move every turn if you desire, but only 1-2 actions to take where you are (or where you will end up) While there shouldn't be much to do with other players on the first turn, you can make deals and trades with other ventures who are in port with you...

THE HIGH SEAS AWAIT! DECLARE YOUR ACTIONS PLAYERS, AND MAY THE SEA NOT TAKE YOU EASY OR CHEAP!!!! <3

-Beck

download.jpg
The Burning Heart Adventuring Guild & The Lupgma Nation
[Captain Marge's Theme/Voice Claim] - [Grey Maidens]
The mist parted from the westward sea, the leaves of the palms tickled with gentle rain. The town of Grey Maidens bustled that evening with the two sides bickering and folks moving for their business. Most of the guild stayed on the Genie as Captain Marge and Zerah explored the port before setting off into the islands. Captain Marge gleefully stepped to and fro as if playing hopscotch with a small flask of rum in her left hand. Her hair was orange with strands of ice blue. She curled her fingers in, making rum cubes, frozen solid. She flicked the cubes at nearby men who would attempt to flirt with her. Zerah walked cautiously beside her, not that he concerned himself with her dexterity, but with the crowd around them. The guild quietly dismissed the Muuradaan for their... everything, but the guild was a force of good and reverence for the world. Zerah clinched his fist thinking what could happen to these islands and he glowed slightly. The tarps and stalls of the merchants called out to the pair, mostly for Marge's looks, but Zerah could probably dazzle a couple of them too. Marge's permafrost, never melting, cloak spread purifying snow light, gathering attention for the pure oddity it was. The crowds of the port spoke of a coven of witches to the woods. Marge looked at Zerah as their spirits materialized with them. Sevastian and Gocjekt stood in the town center with the statue of the praying mantis.

Sevastian looked at Zerah and Captain Marge both, "This place is strange, but I do remember something looking like these spires. I digress. We should discuss with the witches what they know. They could know something valuable for us."

Zerah adjusted his tunic, he took off his traditional garb, "Hmmm, I suppose. I rather not tavern dive, so let's ask them what they will impart onto us. Captain Marge? Gocjekt?" Gocjekt shrugged his shoulders and Marge nodded with a gleeful jump. "Well, that was easy. I suppose Lavkin or Ros isn't here. That explains the agreeability. Let's pick their minds for some magical prowess. I'm sure between your ancient arts, your ancient legend trick, and our adventuring knowledge; we will get a lot."
----

[By Ranvica's Sandbox after Witch Encounter]​

Captain Marge flew through the air on a rope, landing on the deck. "Welcome everyone! We are here at our first destination. And for those sly little shits who doubted me, where you at now?"

Scouts quickly left the ship as it anchored in the water. Here we go.
---
Orders/Actions:

Speak with the Witches at Grey Maidens for knowledge
Free Move to Ravnica's Sandbox
Scout Ravnica's Sandbox

• c794cc292db921e905ac88c974c8de4a.jpg
PRINCE AIRDANElf, Male, Druid, Opposed
- Playlist -

Elf Prince of the Fair Isles
Son of King Eldrin and Queen Delmiria
Younger Brother of Princess Eldrina
Fiancé to Princess Cordelia of Clavenshire

Wealth: 2

Action 1: Trade magical lore with the witches.
Action 2: Gather intel for island “F’s” environment and possible dangers.

Prince Airdan felt the boulders of Grey Maiden looming over him. The island’s cursed woods, danger infested waters, plague ridden streets, and insistent insects discouraged Airdan’s intrigue. Even the overcast weather dampened his mood. He paced the short length of the dock in boredom and listened to the seagulls screech from above. The group of old women in town caught his interest again. He had been observing their strange practices ever since he arrived on the island- just another stepping stone in his journey towards Clavenshire. One of the women noticed him staring this time and locked eyes with him. Her dull, blue gaze beckoned him to approach. This was going to be interesting.

“Hmm,” the woman with the blue gaze mused. “I never noticed the color of your eyes before. They’re like gold. What brings you here, tall one?”

“I am Prince Airdan of the Fair Isles,” he introduced in a gentle tone. “My journey to Grey Maiden is short. I will be continuing my journey soon to reunite with my fiancée.”

“Hmm,” the woman sighed again. “The good ones are always taken. This reunion is important to you, hmm?”

“Yes, it is.” The Prince’s reply was curt.

“Hmm, then what is it that brings your attention to us?” she blinked, perhaps for the first time.

“It’s your magic,” the Prince’s voice filled with light excitement and youth. “I don’t get to see it used away from my homeland.” The woman mused as she did, for longer than what seemed usual, then prompted the prince to display his abilities. His golden eyes looked up at the overcast skies again and filled him with disappointment. A simple trick would have to do. His hands danced around each other and created tiny fractals of yellow light. The movements swirled, were smooth, and elegant. Aromatic, purple buds formed around groups of stems and branches while small patches of grass sprouted from the ground beneath him. Standing where he stood, the prince offered the fresh flora that appeared from his power.

“It’s lavender,” he whispered to the woman when a silent pause took over.

teaserimage-Barrel-Aging-Tobacco.png

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

"Peggy, we've arrived to Port Brax and it is not right, I tell you what. People just standing around in 'shanty towns', stealing and lying, just makes no sense, why try to steal and do illegal things when you could be smoking tobacco and earning an honest living? You wouldn't believe what it was like in the warehouse, I handed them my papers to get my cargo of tobacco and they had them laid out on their sides. On their sides, Peggy! It was as if they wanted the tobacco to get mold, the TGTC logo flush right against the ground and I swore I heard rats. I haven't been so mad since I had to sit through Bobby's puppet show on 'safe intercourse'. If you're going to run a warehouse, then you gotta run it right. No one takes pride in their work out here but that don't mean they don't deserve to experience the clean burning, smooth taste of Tavarian tobacco.

I think Strictland may have 'misplaced' the funding again. The Ladybird is missing half her guns and the varnish is barely on there anymore. I had hoped to get out to port and doing my job, but I can't in good conscious take her out when she isn't ready. That would be downright irresponsible, if tobacco is to be carried on these waves, then it's got to be carried right, cradled in the loving embrace of The Ladybird in tip-top shape.

I write you now with romantic intent, I think of you nightly as you are a handsome woman.

Regards,
Your Husband,
Captain Henry 'Hank' Williams, Captain of The Ladybird, seller of Tobacco and Tobacco Accessories"

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Hank stood on the ship deck, a lit pipe tucked at the corner of his mouth as a stream of smoke lazily floated in the air, he stood with his arms behind his back, his hands tightly gripped one another as he watched his employees work. He watched them use the cranes to life the new cannons on the ship, as they scrubbed, cleaned and varnished the ship, as barrels of tobacco was carried up the gangplank and onto the ship to be stashed below deck in the cargo hold. He winced each and every time he saw one of the Blackburners scrub the deck in rows instead of clockwise, he gnawed the pipe in his mouth as he saw the cannons be lowered too fast and hit The Ladybird with a loud *thud* that echoed in his bones, they were new, they'd get the hang of it. He just had to-

"Hey!" Hank roared as he leaned over the rail as a large 'Shovel Knight', by the name of Mills, was carrying a tobacco barrel underslung under one arm, "Two hands! Two hands," he said as he held out his two hands in front of him to demonstrate. Mills looked around for a bit as if trying to find who Hank was talking about before it finally dawned on him, the mountain of a man looked at his captain for a few moments and started to try and walk again, content to try and ignore him.

"Boy if you don't use both those hands, you'll be using them to cover your ass because I'm going to be kicking it," Hank yelled, veins on his forehead pulsed as his beard flowed in the wind and smoke bellowed out of his nose. The large Mills quickly moved the tobacco barrel in front of him and gripped it with both, cradling the barrel as if it was a newborn babe, as was right and proper, his head low under the withering glare of his captain.

"You sure told him, captain," An almost nasally voice said which made the captain nearly jump out of his skin.

"Damn it, Rusty, can't just sneak up on me like that, why aren't you working?" He demanded as he glared at the shirt rail thin man who was sipping on a tankard of what Hank could only assume was grog.

"I did, I scoured this ship top to bottom," 'Rusty' said as he took a small sip, "I heard that the Muurdain may be seeking to plant explosives on our boat to use against the bug people, we get close and boom! Ladybird gets blown sky high and the tobacco smoke goes everywhere. The bug people are allergic to smoke and they'd fight and kill each other, and in the power vacuum that exist, a bug person mole will rise to the throne and give the island over to them. But their plans won't work so long as I am here," he said his voice almost fevered in his belief.

Hank took a long puff on his pipe to calm the bubbling anger that was slowly rising to the surface, "That is asinine. There isn't any bug people and the Muurdain aren't planting bombs on our ship."

"Not anymore they aren't," Rusty said as he took another sip, "You're welcome."

Hank let out a heavy sigh as he pushed his hat up a bit to rub his leather fingers across his forehead.

"Captain!"

Hank turned to look behind him as a balding, heavy weight fellow ran... Or, waddled up the stairs, "What is now, Bill?"

Bill paused at the top and leaned over as he drew in deep, ragged breaths, two tankards were in his hands and despite his ponderous waddle 'run', not an ounce had spilt, "Captain, we're out of pickles! I don't know what happened, I was preparing supper and so I thought maybe I should try one, and then I tried another.. then I got afraid that you'd get mad at me so I tried a few more.."

"Damnit Bill, how did you eat all of them already?" Hank asked equally as annoyed as he was bewildered.

"I eat when I'm stressed! And afraid. And worried. And sad.." Bill said as his shoulders slumped.

"Not his fault, Captain, Bill has always been useless. Only thing he's good for is taking up space and making me look good when I stand next to him," Rusty said as lifted a rolled cigarette to his mouth and gave a long puff, "Some people just can't be helped."

"It's true," Bill said as he looked down at his feet, "B-But I brought you some grog, captain!" He said with a large smile as he handed Hank the extra tankard he had.

"Thanks Bill," Hank said as he took the pipe from his mouth to take a long sip of grog, letting the frothy liquid roll down his throat. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the moment, standing on his ship, pipe full of tobacco in one hand, grog in the other, it was almost perfect. He opened his eyes to look at Bill and Rusty. Almost perfect.

"Hey-Captain-I-tell-you-what-you-know-I've-been-thinking-bout-lodin'-up-that-there-dang-ol-tobacco-and-I-dunno-lift-with-your-knees-man-hup-hup-hup-them-boys-be-lodin'-with-their-backs-I-yap-at-them-24-hours-a-day-make-no-difference," A rapid fire voice said, the words spoken so fast they almost blurred together and some of the words just didn't make sense.

"Well, that can happen," Hank said as he took a long pull on his pipe, honestly, he didn't have a single idea as to what First Mate Boom just said, but he was sure it was right and profound.

The tall, althetlic blond man lifted his own tankard of grog to his lips and took a sip as he joined the other three men at the rail, watching the line of Tavarian Greater Tobacco Company employees working like ants, a well-oiled machine. None of them had to really say a word, they were professionals who worked hard because the job deserved to be done right.

"Yep," Hank said as he took a sip.

"Yep," echoed Rusty as he took a sip.

"Yep," Bill chimed in.

"Mmhm," Boom followed suit.

Orders/Actions
Spend 1 Wealth at Gunnery to fully arm The Ladybird.

Spend 2 Wealth to purchase 2 units of Grade-A Tavarian Tobacco.

The Imperial Expedition

1648351230237.png

Tian stood on the bow of the Shenlong gazing at the port-town and the towering Muurdaan fortress. Scholar Song Hui approached from behind him and followed the Crown Prince's gaze. For a few minutes there was silence until it was broken when the esteemed scholar spoke, "Your Highness, we will begin gathering information on possible places to colonize."

"For now, we don't have the time and resources to spare to meddle in the politics of Bax. We are newcomers and we have a far more important task to carry on. Perhaps in the future, we will return and establish ourselves here, but not now. Focus on Lavaslate, I have a feeling what we're looking for might be there." Tian replied, guessing the scholar's questions.

"As you wish, Your Highness. Please excuse this scholar." Song Hui bowed at Tian before leaving with the rest of the Scholars and Taskmasters. A fourth of the Empyrean Corps followed them to serve as protection against anyone in the port that would do them harm.

The Prince then turned his attention to the rest of the ships on the dock. He recognized the flags on some of them although he never really interacted much with their factions back in the mainland. He snorted at the thought that they may pose a problem to their interest in the archipelago. If they do get in the way of the Empire, he will crush them.

Order 1: The Preparation | Gathering Information
The taskmasters are deployed to gather more general information on the Archipelago but also Lavaslate. Scholar Song Hui and Scholar Lai Jian lead the rest of the scholars to also gather more specific information on the details of Lavaplace like possible treasures and other information of interest. A budget of 1 Wealth has been allocated to spend if and when necessary.

Movement: Shenlong sails to Lavaslate

Order 2: The Arrival | Construction of Outpost-Mine

The Expedition Force lands at the Lavaslate and uses 2 Wealth to begin construction of an outpost-mine. Crown Prince Tian plans to use the outpost as a foundation of a forward operating base that will receive resources and supplies from the mainland and at the same time mine for valuable resources. The Celestial Mage Unit is deployed to erect a spell formation to aid in the construction, protect it from unfavorable environment and conditions, and the foundations for the would-be defense of the outpost. Scholar Ren Huan with the assistance of Scholar Zhou Soushan will lead the construction efforts.

PAZAI CLAN

thumb-1920-1028738.jpg

The ship arrived in Port Bax with little fanfare but some knew who it was easily with the onset of overcast skies moving with the vessel. The Grand Venture moved along the waves with a clear purpose as it positioned itself to set in for port. The moment its gangplanks came down, the Wretched spilled forth to carry out tasks and enjoy some time in the last port of the region. They moved seemingly in disorder, but the various mobs had richer dressed, more proven Pazai leading them here and there to tend to jobs.

Julian Pazai watched his crew disembark as the strong figure of his wife, Galza, stood to the side to watch with him. The pair seemed a curious contrast, Julian being pale and overdressed with his urbane attitude while Galza was dark with her own fine clothing more practical for one of the most skilled Pazai aboard the vessel. She kept order aboard their ship quite well, leaving Julian to scheme and plan for their venture. Something he expressed gratitude for often considering what they were about to set forth to do.

"So, what do you think of our contract?" Julian mused as he took up a goblet to sip from it thoughtfully.

"I think we're going to be in for a hell of a ride, but war prizes are something that could make this venture some serious wealth if we can meet the Count's food demands," Galza said as she moves to stand more firmly by her husband. The pair seemed to suit one another, filling different roles and strengths. It seemed almost apparent just from looking at them even in this situation.

"Perhaps, but then again this was going to be a tough area no matter what we chose to do. Our patron ensures we have backing and support so long as we're good and do as desired. Plenty of room in those orders to see to our own needs within reason. Coin will flow as we ship food and the Pazai can forge holdings of their own out here. Let the great powers scrabble and squabble, they'll still need us. They always have," Julian mused with a dark smile of satisfaction as he took another drink from his goblet.

"True, I've got the gangs out getting the weapons and stock we need to fully arm up. The Grey have taken up some to go out and dig up information as well," Galza stated as she looks out at Port Brax with other vessels docked, arriving or leaving. "Such a mad rush. We're going to make a fortune here."

"I'll drink to that," Julian mused and downed the rest of his goblet, a trickle of red cross his cheek before he dabbed it away with a handkerchief that quickly vanished back into a pocket. The pair moving to join the others in seeking information while guards were left behind to keep the ship ready for action.​

Actions
1. Visit the Gunnery and fully stock cannons/powder (1 Wealth)
Julian has issued orders to fully arm the ship in preparation to better defend the ship and its venture.

2.Carouse the Inns and Taverns
The various clusters of Pazai have gone forth to seek out anything useful to know about the area while the ship is being fully armed.​

Last edited:
Turn 1

From the beaches, a group of seals looked up from their leisurely sun nap on a large, flat rock. With curious gazes, they looked at what seemed to be a coastal barque slowly approaching the harbor of Port Bax. The ship flew a blue flag, bearing the coat of arms of the Kingdom of Attolia. Though moments later, the seals would go back to their normal lax leisure, becoming bored of the slowly moving ship in the distance. Within the ship, a well dressed Captain sat in the Captain's quarters, though a bit cramped as ten other Attolian... nobles? and a generous library stuffed with books were all standing in the room as well. The nobles were hurriedly skimming through several books from the library, brushing up on etiquette and how to blend in better with the locals in the Port, though in complete silence.

As the ship approached the port, the Captain suddenly stood up and spoke out loud "What a grand ol' time, eh gentlemen? Let us prepare to disembark and socialize with the residents of this quaint settlement. Prepare the honor guard!" In a flash of flurry, the Captain's quarters quickly emptied itself as the nobles left the quarters and headed up to the deck. The ship made it's final approach to the port. On the deck the totally normal nobles lined up, prepared to walk on the gangway and onto the docks. Behind them were the Kuo Toa priests with various instruments in their hand. However, as the ship approached, some sort of percussive instrument began playing.

Soon, a marching song began to play, but unlike the regal and pompous songs typically heard in such occasions, this song seemed a bit more... childish? Joyful? Regardless, it was an odd scene on that day at Port Bax as the Mayflower made landfall. The gangway touched the dock and in unison the nobles marched off the ship. From there they dispersed to begin establishing contact with the locals to leave their mark and begin gathering information and rumors that may be abound.

---

Summary:

1. The Totally Normal People and the First Captain begin socializing with the residents of Port Bax to establish relationships and gather information with guidance from the Bookcases and their expertise

Move towards Island E in the Oyster Isle Cluster

2. Exploration and scouting of Island E

Last edited:
Lady Victoria Varna’s ship gently coasted into port amongst the other explorers, a slick and elegant runner pinnace bearing the icons of the richest noble family in Muurdaan. Not that it was HER family, mind you, but it was her money. She worked hard for it, putting that shriveled carrot in her – anyways.

The red-haired consort sat back in her cushioned chair, a bodyguard to either side of her. From the deck, she watched a handful of her sailors headed into the town of Port Bax with their orders. Sprinkled among them, of course, were a few of her Kithless. If there were any trouble this early on – and she doubted there would be – there would be little resistance.

“Grape,” she demanded, and the guard on her right held out a small vine of fresh red grapes for her to snack on.

“Fan.” The left-hand guard fanned her with an enormous and frankly ridiculous collection of fronds. Victoria had noticed that mortals tended to sweat in this climate. As a devil, she felt perfectly comfortable in the midst of fire and flames. However, a disguise was a disguise, and if the mortals were bothered by the heat than so was she.

She glanced up at the sky as it clouded over, and shot a nasty glare at her navigator, Oriax, otherwise known as... Oh. Hmm. She overlooked a name for him. Or... Orlando. Oar-land-o if he was obnoxious. The disguised fiend rolled his eyes but did not react otherwise. It wasn’t his fault the weather changed without warning, nor his fault that someone had such as stick up her ass.

Actions
  1. Scope out a couple of the taverns to see who has been through Port Bax recently.
  2. Gather intel on one of the more mountainous islands (N, P, O).

from the depths
clang slam crush, clang slam smash. Enormous armored crustaceans worked the sandy dunes of there currently island shallow mounds having been dug into the dunes to serve as cool hide away form the sun when needed it was almost tribal in a way I interiors hued form sandstone and remaining for now rather Spartan in design. Moored in a small cove a half sunken metal vessels the back patched up with iron plates for its true glory had been lost at sea thanks to freak storms. The strange structure was the blocky metal and rock strucute that was being erected in the center of this makeshift village a smeltery. Much heavy armoured iron shells directed there younger brethren and work themselves upon its construction.

"From the briny deeps, metal clash in molten steams it seeps, for each day we clash the blades, and each morning the hammer slaves, hueing bars into tool, face us now and ye be fool, and from the briny pools, we emerge in the light glistening all so bright, aaaaaaaaaaand from the depths we come, form the merky depths we come forged by fire its begun form the murky depths we come, final word it will be done from the depths we come, clash of claws beat of the drum, form the depth we come seeking riches for us all IRON SHELL FOREVER AND ALL" the workers sang as the contuied construction Crembor the rock breaker elder joining in as he too assisted in the planing of there current base of operations, they where in no real state to be pulling off any full scale iron excavation efforts until the copper back was properly restored and smeltery like the one here where properly erected.

Meanwhile the sea treaders had been tasked to learn more about this island they'd ended up upon and if there was anything of value aside form using it as dock for the copperback and smelteries for there spoils

crew:
3 Elders (10 ea) (leader is free)
6 Legionary Veterans (5 ea)
10 Legionary Front (3 ea)
20 Rock Breakers (2 ea)
10 Sea Treaders (2 ea)
3 Sea treader Shrouded (3)
45 youngers

Actions:
survey island: tasked: sea treader X 10 sea treader shrouded
construct smelters: tasked: rock breaker x10 youngers x20 one wealth?

2570360-1280x960-[DesktopNexus.com].jpg

WELCOME TO THE CIRCUS

The Circus Grounds - Just Outside of Fort Baxter

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen! Welcome one and all to the greatest show you will ever see!" Terren launched arcing explosions of light from either side of his spread arms, twisting in a circle to face the entire crowd. "Tonight we have a special treat for you! As you all know entrance tonight was free since this is our last show before we depart! As such, I have convinced our resident masters of the waters to show off their own abilities! Everyone give it up, for Vapos the elemental!"

Terren moved off to the side, quickly summoning to mind the illusion that he would need to introduce the so called elemental, all the while doing his best to keep from smirking about his deception. Before the crowd appeared a flowing shape made of water which began to launch out explosions of water which seemed to flow back into the elemental itself. 'The circus must be eager for us to head out if its having me use water, this is far from my most useful set of abilities and illusions. Oh well, everyone else knows their part to play within the water shows!'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Excellent final show lads, make sure everything is packed up tomorrow and we can set off as soon as all our business is done in town. And I better not hear of anyone slacking off in the taverns until all the work is done or they will have hell to pay!" As the carnies and other members of the company laughed and began to drift off pushing each other around and making crude jokes the Mystic turned to his second in command and waved him into his tent. "Corven, I want you to go to the gunnery in town tomorrow and make sure the ship is stocked up on cannons. I don't want to wind up dead to early after all. I'll be heading into town to see what kind of intel I can get about some of the surrounding isles after I put my work in for the day so don't be surprised if I'm still gone when you get back."

"It shall be done captain, now if you excuse me I need to go see the healers. Beron is still having trouble catching me and I was nearly injured during the show earlier," The exotic looking elf bowed before turning to leave, limping as he exited the tent.

'Damnit, though I had him convinced to stop showing up if he was hurt! Blasted idiot,' the mystic sighed before blowing out his own lantern, the magic he had used all throughout the show leaving him drained.​

Actions
1. Visit Gunnery and purchase full compliment of weaponry (1 Wealth)

2. Gather intel about island F

Crew:
120 Carnies
12 Outrageous Hats
4 Bouncers
3 Freakshow
Terren Laevon (Mystic)
Astral 3
___3

1648467623691.png

6 Months Ago

Captain Dagget Daggerson was a goblin of many talents, though most of those talents revolved around killing his enemies. He was, after all, a hero among goblins, a veteran of many campaigns and a surprisingly good tactician during battle. This last fact had even earned him allies among the Goblin-Hobbes, a group of warminded goblin types that specialized in using the best arms and armor that they could scrounge up from their enemies. Having them on his side would make his next venture a major success, at least that was the thought that went through his mind as he walked up to the tent of the leader of this small group of Goblin-Hobbes.

Two gobin-hobbes wearing chain mail with short swords at their hips guarded the tent and eyed the goblin that wore a red and white shirt with gold accents, a tricorner hat, a monocle and a gold key as an earring.

Giving a respectful bow, Daggerson spoke up, making sure to enunciate each and every word at the two guards. "I have come to speak with Krognak the Bold"

They gave a grunt of acknowledgement as one went inside to tell their boss. Daggerson meanwhile began to tap his key earring as though he were a kitty cat craving attention from something shiny that glowed brightly.

Only a few moments passed before the guard came out. "The boss says he's ready for you."

"Thank ye kindly, my friends." With a tip of the hat, he went through the tent flap to see a Goblin-Hobbe wearing half plate and using his fingernail to pick out a particularly stuck piece of meat from between his teeth.

"Come in Dagget Daggerson. I have heard much about your exploits. Most surprising for a goblin." He flicked away the piece of meat and gave a wide, toothy grin. "You've caught my eye, especially since you've come to my small band of elite warriors. What say you?"

Dagget puffed up his chest and gave a wide toothy grin of his own. "Well, ye see, I've heard just how powerful and ruthless your small band of raiders could be and I have been wanting to propose a venture that can make us all rich beyond our wildest dreams."

Krognak's left eye twitched as he tried to keep his emotions in check. After all, a goblin was not prone to exaggerate when there was money to be gained. Exaggerate about their prowess on the field of battle, or about how many women they have bedded, or even about the sanctity of a truce, but certainly not the gaining of coin. If there was one thing they could count on, it was truthfulness in that matter.

"Go on, young Dagget, please continue." Krognak had leaned forward in his wooden throne.

"I plan to build the biggest and most extravagant port town that will rival any in all the uncharted archipelago. And of course should you join up now, you and your kin will not only get in on the ground floor, but get a bigger share of the profits. I ain't beholden to any large countries or corporate entities. I'm my own goblin, making my own money. So you can either take this deal or leave it. If not, I can look up some other Goblin-Hobbes that'll take the deal."

Daggerson placed his arms across his chest, giving a smirk. He didn't really have anywhere else to go should they turn him down, but he hoped that Krognak would see reason. He tried his best not to show his worry.

Krognak seemed to be nodding his head as he thought over this deal. On the one hand, it was a risky venture, going it alone to build a port town, but on the other side, they wouldn't have to answer to anyone else other than themselves. And he would get more coin than anyone else being in on the ground floor.

The Goblin-Hobbe stood up and walked over to Daggerson who gave a pronounced gulp. Perhaps this was where he met his end after all his planning to become the richest goblin in the world from running the biggest and best port town in the most unexplored location on the waters. The man that had killed and fought and lived through countless battles. Would he meet his end here and now to a single Goblin-Hobbe?

Krognak extended his hand and gave a hearty shake to Daggerson.

"You have yourself a deal Dagget. Me and my band will join your cause."

Daggerson breathed a sigh of relief as the threat of danger passed and he went back into work mode.

"Great, great. You see, I'm already at the point of getting a hold of a nice ship to hold all my like minded friends......

-----------------------------------------

The Grey Maidens

1648472676487.png

The crew of The Golden Dagger unloaded after their trip to the Grey Maidens. The crays needed the time and the space to unwind from the trip. After being so focused by the wrenchmaces, they were a tad wound up. They were a wild bunch. All young idiots that had far too much energy bottled up inside and ready to explode at a moments notice. It made them good cannon fodder for the front lines, but not so great on the individual scale.

Daggerson thought back on how he was among their number at one point in his life. He chuckled as it seemed more like a lifetime ago. It took him time, but he finally assembled enough wealth and crew and a ship to begin his journey to build the best port town that he could. Now, he just needed to find the best island to manage to do that with.

He called forth Krognak the Bold, the Goblin-Hobbe that led his powerful Goblin-Hobbe troops.

"Krognak, I need you to try to track down as much info as you can to help us on our journey. We can't afford to go into this blind or else the whole venture is lost before it has begun."

A hearty hand placed on Daggerson's shoulder and a quick nod before Krognak motioned to a few of his men to accompany him to the taverns and inns for information.

One of Daggerson's scouts came running back, wheezing and out of breath. After giving the man a few moments to recover, Dagget gave him a poke in the cheek with his bony finger.

"Aye.....aye....Captain......they have an arena for fighting in. Just....what...the Crays....need."

"Hmm. Perhaps that would be best for the Crays after all this time cooped up, but you know who else has been cooped up on this ship?

Dagget Daggerson twirled around and held his hands on his hips.

"ME!"

Actions:

1. Carouse in the Inns and Taverns
2. Visit the Arena with Captain Dagget Daggerson

Crew: 5 Tinker Thinkers
8 Trash Vanguard (Trolls)
10 Goblin Hobbes
40 Wrenchmaces
40 Crays

Captain Dagget Daggerson​

TURN 1
---
Orders/Actions:

Speak with the Witches at Grey Maidens for knowledge
Free Move to Ravnica's Sandbox
Scout Ravnica's Sandbox

Armsmaster Thorni and Zehra circled the wagons of the witches, looking down blink alleys blocked by sheets and flags and tapestries, ever searching for a door that remained elusive. So focused on this task were they that they didn't not notice the wagons circling them as well... and when they were completely hemmed in, All the windows opened and a host of witches crawled, climbed, undulated and jumped from a myriad of windows and from behind drapes and under wagons.

"Nature and Water is what you seek -- beyond your cantrips you must peek -- you come at a time of promise and change, so for samples of your skill we'll make exchange."

Thorni and Zahra presented their cantrips, Zehra being careful not to reveal too much divine power, but it was doubtful they were hiding anything from the witches effectively. The eldest of the witches had runes of eyes on their foreheads and hands, and wisps of green and blue energy came away from the heroes every time the witches laid hands on them. Still, The witches did not want any specific knowledge from them per se, just a measure of their power and a taste of their manapools. Draining as it was -- The witches came forth with a wooden book with pages of unmelting ice in exchange for sampling their power...

You have gained the spells of:

Nature: Tangle Vines, Eagle Eye, Vine Arrow, Web, Healing
Water: Resist Fire, Quicken Self, Cold Blast, Rain, Dessication

(Your manapools are depleted, you may cast no spells this turn or next turn)

The venture moves to RAVNICA'S SANDBOX -- the main island in a chain of mostly sandy, duneswept isles. Scouts are sent ashore and the coast is surveyed...

A great but grey estate sits in a cove seemingly spared by the shifting dunes as a main point of interest. The ship approaches in mid-morning and the crew sees a tall elegant women, pale as a napkin, wave from her widow's walk on the manor. This must be Ravnica? but the estate is forlorn and bare, it's obvious once-imposing opulence now a withered husk in the pitiless sun.

Besides the obvious large estate (it's croplands buried in sand) the island turns out to have three oases that glitter in the morning light. Shining copper weapons and bits of armor are turning various shades of green around the waterholes, among them rusted steel helms and swords lie scattered... and at each oasis scouts report seeing multiple bleached-bare skulls mounted on spikes nearby in rows... a red "X" painted on the forehead of each one...

The men of the expedition are not too superstitious, despite their affinity with the supernatural -- but the soulshadows and guides tell a different story:

"Something horrible has happened on this island, mayhap this entire cluster of islands. The dead speak here -- whispering caution, and warning, and grief..."

For a moment a mirage passes between the boat and the island, and with it the stench of burning bodies and the distorted illusion of the entire island ablaze...

The Grey Maidens
Onboard the Perseverance, the leaders of the Cult's expedition stood over a map of the archipelago.

Tyarra spelt, a scholar from Tigh-Taugh, did not appear to be a figure of authority at first glance. Simple leather clothing and a green tunic were hardly things someone who wanted to stand out from the crowd would wear. A large leather bag, usually seen at her side, laid under the table. On closer observation one could notice a pistol and several grenades around her belt, as well as a simple copper ring with the symbol of the Cult, though an unimpressive height, medium-length brown hair and only slightly darker than average in Tigh-Taugh skin would rarely draw enough attention for that to happen.

Especially that usually, she would be seen with Telren Lumyar. A good head taller than Tyarra, her bright blonde hair is cut short, so as not to get in the way during a fight. Scale armour on top of a navy blue gambeson makes it rather clear that she is not one to shy away from a fight, further noticeable with her carrying a rapier and a buckler at all times. A silver chain around her neck with the symbol of Harmony signals Telren's allegiance to the Cult.

"I'm not comfortable moving forward with such a limited amount of information." Tyarra stated "Oyster Isle does seem like a good place to start, but we'd do well to first gather some information."

"We came here for a reason Tyarra." the noble argued "We won't do much good sitting in a port asking questions. And I rather doubt the locals will be able to tell us much. These lands aren't exactly well known."

"Still, they've been living here a while. There have to be at least some rumours. And look, according to this map, someone used to live on that island. We should at least try and learn what happened to them, so we can prepare ourselves in case whatever drove these people off doesn't happen to us. Especially if we intend to create a base of operations there. And we have to stop by the settlement to resupply anyways. What harm could there be in spending some more time there gathering information?"

"I suppose you do have a point." Telren conceded "We could also ask around, see if there are any mages around. I've been hearing rather interesting things about magic and artefacts in the region."

Turn actions
1. Gather information about the Oyster Isle
2. Trade magical lore with the witches​

Chordling Chordling :
Action 1: Trade magical lore with the witches.
Action 2: Gather intel for island “F’s” environment and possible dangers.

Elf prince Airdan and his winterborn attendant made some idle chatter with one of the elder witches of the Grey Maidens... showing their air and fire powers and a few elven tricks they seemed to disarm the cautious and assessing witch, who shared her name as "Phaedra" with the prince as she often stole brief stares into the depths of Airdan's eyes. "Your power is old power, and from far away... to drink of your mana and feel your leylines is a rare treat for us witches so far west. You grace us with your presence. Even though only Phaedra is present, she constantly refers to a "We" or "Us" as she pulls away motes of white and red energy from Airdan and the Winterborn, relishing the gentle tasting of their powers as both elves stole glance back and forth, deciding quickly not to burst into laughter at the strangeness of all of it.
You have gained the spells of:

Fire: Flashbang, Summon Wisp, Resist Cold, Firesheild, Immolation
Air: Airshield, Summon Lesser Air Elemental, Shockwave, Mist, Seeking Arrow

(Your manapools are depleted, you may cast no spells this turn or next turn)

When done, Phaedra clasps Prince Airdan's hands and plops down in front on him, like a young girl at a sleepover with a secret to tell...

"Your journey through the archipelagos will not be a straight one -- it must have twists and turns if you are to leaves thee isles at ALL!" her words are concerning, but related in a manner of wonder and spirit of fun, and maybe a bit of mischief...

"We will Read your Harrow Cards, on the topic of your voyage and your ultimate destination at the lady of Clavenshire." She pats her sleeve and the cards march in single file from her robe into her hands, shuffling themselves as three take a slight bow and fall into her lap...

The first card is that of a one-eyed giant pouring beer between two steins... "The Publican!"

The second, a Lamia with a diamond crown and wilted bouquet and long raven hair... "The Liar!"

The third, a great water elemental bride standing beside a tall elemental groom of fire... "The Marriage!"

"The Publican, It represents fellowship and refuge. The cyclops is a seemingly inconsequential figure who nonetheless has relevant insight... it will be easy to overlook YOUR cyclops, but you must heed their words!

The Liar, It represents destructive, treacherous love. The lamia signals obsession, star-crossed lovers, or unrequited desire." The witch seems to tut and shake her head before turning to the final card...

"The Marriage, It represents a union of peoples, ideas, or kingdoms that might be as productive or as ruinous as the bonding of a salamander and a water weird. With the Liar ascendant, it does not bode well for your quest..."

"Guard your heart, be literal and imaginative in this objective. Take the card of the Publican... Invoke this card when you think your cyclops' wisdom is elusive." Phaedra slips the card into Airdan's sleeve, where it seems to melt away... "Until you call it forth" Phaedra, looking tired in the effort, scoots to her feet and walks under a line of laundry, leaving Airdan and his attendant alone...

The rest of the elves were charged with chasing rumors and research of a particular island nearby... Revealing it's name as "Thrunes-watch" -- for a Venture long ago that sought to build Lighthouses all around the archipelagos to make travel more safe for new arrivals. Only this lighthouse remains it seemed of however many lighthouses they succeeded in erecting. Rumors were that The Thrunesfang, the Ship of the Venture, crashed upon "Smuggler's Shiv" and was lost with all hands... but older tales speak of no such merciful a fate... that the crew lives on the Shiv still, degenerating with every generation into more lost and wicked savages... Thrunes-watch is still a functioning lighthouse, but there are no records of who has maintained it for decades. There is talk of Natives on the island, who have harsh traditions regarding outsiders and rituals of barter... (map will be updated)

Cosmo Cosmo :

Orders/Actions
Spend 1 Wealth at Gunnery to fully arm The Ladybird.
Spend 2 Wealth to purchase 2 units of Grade-A Tavarian Tobacco.

Hank doesn't tarry or waste much time in Port Bax... fully Arming the Ladybird and packing the hold with the best Tavarian Tobacco the port has to offer, even if he had to hand-pick half of it himself...

In your notes indicate that your ship is "MAXIMALLY ARMED"

Driving a hard bargain and giving the Tobacconist some sound advice (or maybe just jawing his ear off) results in a great deal being struck -- two units of "Goods and Gifts" are traded along with the tobacco, you may take this extra cargo if you wish...

Kent Kent :
1. Gather information on Lavaslate (costs no wealth)
2. Build Outport/Mine on Lavaslate (2 wealth spent)

It appeared any information they had on Lavaslate was extremely old -- their most recent charts showed it only as a collection of islets, and terribly small. At Port Bax there were treatises that explained how it had been growing consistently since it was first recorded, easily 5 times it's first reported size, and the bearer of a smouldering, though presently barely-active volcano. It was also related that Silver deposits boiled up from the lava in the west, and copper rock was aplenty in the east. With this much known it did not take long for the excited crew to seek and settle lavaslate for themselves...

With no time to waste, The Crown Prince spurred on his crew and his ship with all haste -- there was assuredly lots to gain in mineral wealth, even if what he had a hunch might be there was not...

Lavaslate was NOT a welcoming place. The Volcano, Smouldercone, constantly rained bitter ash and the sea wind when it blew over the volcano turned the salty rain to acid. Still not to be deterred, Crown Prince Long-Tian commanded all his followers to settle, and a processing center and outpost quickly rose from the ground in the lee of a great mound of rocks that gave some shelter from the ash and burning rain... He would have to choose which resource his men would exploit first -- Silver could be converted to wealth as well as trade goods quite handily, but copper would be easier to gain in quantity and might have other applications... The Crown Prince smiled inwardly as his scholars wrung their hands with avarice...

...And then the Burning Riders came.

Skeletons wreathed in unholy flame, blackened and cracked as their armor and weapons, which glowed with a wicked tinge.

"You are in the lands of Queen Arafelle, Trespasser. Unless you set up this workplace as her vassal? If you have come to submit your labor in tribute to her highness, indeed I bid your leaders follow me. If you have come to steal from the lands of the Cinderqueen, merely stay where you are, we shall return to correct you shortly."

The Lead skeletal knight drew down his visor, and the rest of his host did as well and wheeled off to the east. The island rumbled in time with their riding off... the sun was going down and with it the heat distortion over the land gave way to a ubiquitous glow everywhere one looked at cracks in the pitch black rock.

The Imperial sailors worriedly whispered back and forth... had they acted too much in haste? Who was this Cinderqueen and would the Venture pay for it's Impetuousness?

Crocodile Crocodile :

Actions
1. Visit the Gunnery and fully stock cannons/powder (1 Wealth)
Julian has issued orders to fully arm the ship in preparation to better defend the ship and its venture.

2.Carouse the Inns and Taverns
The various clusters of Pazai have gone forth to seek out anything useful to know about the area while the ship is being fully armed.

The Venture's ship is fully armed and stocked with ammunition, wadding, and powder. Please note your ship is "MAXIMALLY ARMED!"

Once the ship was safely escorted into drydock the host of the Pazai Clan were LOOSED on the town and it's Inns and Taverns. The Pazai had been pent up traveling to the ends of the lastlands, so given a chance to have their fun they didn't squander a chance. Every confidence, conned. Every sucker, Pinched. All low hanging fruit, Stolen or acquired through "gentle" means... In the taverns there was brawling that fleeced the losers, and in the inns every card and table game left bankrupt for the superior cunning and scoundrelship of the Pazai. Those elements that responded poorly to the shakedown were given a thorough trouncing, and since it was generally the bad element vs. the Pazai the law of Port Bax did not lift a finger to stop it. Eventually the Captain of the thieves guild revealed himself with his assassins and declared the party over. The pazai, drunk on fighting, and cups, and smoke, grinned as they'd already had their fill. Coins clattered on the ground to pay for the mess and all retired to the newly outfitted ship. Julian and Galza "Made Nice" with the local thieves guild, after their crew had given this town it's introduction. They would have access to the BLACK MARKET (drugs, slaves, poisons and the like) as well as a seat at the "table of shadows" -- an unofficial "letter of marque" to start their own rackets in the isles as long as they did not harm the interests of the thieves guild in Port Bax.

"Pirates in the isles are all on their own, but when in towns and enclaves, uphold the laws that so certainly come natural to you. We salute you for bringing the right kind of trouble, Captain and Wife."

(Venture gains 2 wealth, and "Underworld Ties" in PORT BAX)

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon :

TURN 1

1. The Totally Normal People and the First Captain begin socializing with the residents of Port Bax to establish relationships and gather information with guidance from the Bookcases and their expertise

Move towards Island E in the Oyster Isle Cluster

2. Exploration and scouting of Island E

Totally normal and without any strange intent or disposition of any kind, the Nobles and the First captain waddled and rolled down the gangplank and then stopped at the dock to look at one another. They shook their heads with confusion and discernment... should they FLOW into town? Accordion into town like slinkies? NO. They would use their LEGS to WALK around... in fact, it seemed that's how all the other humanoids were doing it. They had been at sea a long time and while they looked every bit the part of TOTALLY NORMAL SEAFARING NOBLES they were used to the candidness and freedom in way of movement they'd developed over their long voyage.

After deciding in unison that black, brown and an effeminate shade of purple were the most appropriate colors for their boots and clothing, they made their way into town, Smiling enormous smiles of friendship that defied the scope and scale of a human jaw. They Tipped their hats to the ladies, making sure to don them back quickly and with an array of tiny tentacles twist them back on straight until *POP* the hats re-adhered to their exposed and gooey scalps. After deciding handshakes and waving were the best modes of greeting, the minority of the group was encouraged to stop rubbing their waistcoats over where their nipples WOULD BE, and to stop walking in lockstep because it seemed to make people uneasy... still, it was a good thing they were nobles, and perfectly normal as the center of scrutiny was laid at the feet of one particular Kuo-Toa marching band, which delighted those out and about and made it easier to overlook anything not "perfectly" perfectly normal...

It was a good thing it was dark, and that Port Bax had apparently been "Tamed" earlier that evening by some mighty carousing of some blokes called "The Pazai" or perhaps the strangeness of THE TOTALLY NORMAL PEOPLE would be scrutinized more closely. Any troublemakers had already found more than their fair share of it -- leaving those remaining doing business less suspicious and more friendly than they otherwise might be. Taking advantage of this they used their SENSORY ORGANS to read the behavior and demeanor of those around them and quickly... almost fluidly... and finally... perfected their emulation of a bunch of people strolling the bars...

They collected some rumors in the taverns which might be of some use:

"There's a place out in the Archipelagos that moves around, where there ain't no wind... the sea is like glass in every direction and the sails hang slack in their yardarms, and the sun is so hot you can hardly breathe... woe be to any who get caught in the Doldrums... avoid the sea of Glass!"

"The kelp forests are a great place to refill on fresh water and food if you know how to do it, but don't get your ship trapped in there or you'll never cut free!"

"Earplugs are good against Sirens, but nothings better than playing the notes they sing, but backwards."

"Got no problem's with any of you gentlemen, but one of your mates won't stop hitting on my daughters hope-chest. Can you talk to 'im?"

They established friendships about the Port, and learned that the fishmongers were always telling stories of sea monsters and exotic catches that were worth a seaman's while if they dealt with them properly:

Sharkfiends -- Infernal sharks with an evil and cunning intelligence. Many of their parts are valuable, and they say killing one is lucky indeed!

There was also talks of schools of "Blitsashes" which ascend from the deep with their glowing scales in the darkest of nights -- good eating if you can catch them, and good twofold the selling of them...

They went outside and conferred all their information with the PERFECTLY NORMAL BOOKCASE that had been following them around, and began gathering intel on the island they were headed for. The Island was called "Ayan Bakur" -- a settlement of a people known as the "Garun'dim" -- long lost transplants of the Dunesea. It was said they had an appetite for spices, silks and furs, but it was a long time since any of their vessels had come to Port Bax. It was decided 2 wealth would be spent acquiring (2 units of) spices at Port Bax to quickly turn them for a Profit at Ayan Bakur... Arrangements were made.

The island they scouted, Ayan Bakur be it's name, had numerous structures on it, and also was dotted with ruins and dark shadowy forests.

Points of Interest:

A large temple in the east which strangely had a village-sized community of tents sprung up around it...
A ruined temple on the North shore, eclipsing what looked like a walled community inland...
A tower surrounded with Rubble in the west,
And a collection of seemingly flattened houses in the south.
The woods were thick and overgrown with black vines and greenish brambles, filled with animals that hid safely in it's deeps...

The Mayflower milled about the coast of Ayan Bakur after making one circumnavigation to scout it...
(map updated)

Einar's longship Hringhorni prepared to raise sails as the rest of the crew aloft made ready for battle once their oars were stowed away, his axe-sharpening and mail clad drengir eager to raid and settle the virgin lands that awaited them after their short rest in Port Bax. "We soar east on dragon's wings!" The jarl bellowed above the squawking of gulls and the crash of waves. "Like the first spear cast in the killing fields of our Gods, we strike out as if lightning to claim new lands for my father Ásmegin King and all Iorundians before all others! Let the cloistered Muurdain elite watch us today in envy from the imperious safety of their light-eyed fortress carved into the mountain face, for a new star rises in the north, and humble Brodir will make it's mark upon Marig's incarnation of Avecury before this Age of Man is done!" Perhaps he embellished the truth, such could not be avoided when so little was known, but it felt good to say it, and even better to hear the saga recounted in skaldic verse with a drinking horn of mead in hand upon his triumphant return home he was starting to suspect.

"Yngvar Geitirsson, Katla Alvidottir, I require the wise counsel of my thanes," he turned to address the nobles of his hold accompanying him aboard the longship after the howling and cheering died down, "please come join me in my quarters when you are ready so that we might usher in this new dawn for our people as one mind." He had known Yngvar since he was a boy, and Katla herself once served as his lieutenant for seasons of raiding with the seawolves in his youth back when Máni still captained the nimble Alfaðir. Both strangers to him now from what seems like an eternity spent apart, only the days ahead would reveal if he could truly rekindle the friendship and love that their clans used to share in fulfilling their mutual obligations to one another whether in times of peace or war. His only regret thus far was Hrónn's absence, though the storm genasi knew his present intentions and was sure to follow him again when the time was right with more than enough to keep Sigbjorn's forge lit until Pankration.

Taking the helm adorning the head of the giggling squire attending him in his plated hands and placing it upon his own, Sir Hjalti ruffled the mussed hair of the girl, much to her endless delight, and quickly sent her on her way back below decks to rejoin her mother as Einar Jarl approached. "Not since the days of chieftains and drotten have the men been so inspired Einar. If you are half as much a warrior as you are a poet, when your death in battle comes and the Valkyries claim your soul to make you einheri I will save a seat of honor in that halls of legends so the son of Ásmegin may be welcomed by name." The knight rises to bow before Einar places a hand on his shoulder.

"You honor me Sir Hjalti. Let me honor you by leading this great host as a man. Until I am crowned King, regard me by deed, not by birth." He commanded while the shipwrecks of the 'Rock' came into view all around them as Bersi expertly navigated the Hringhorni through the treacherous jagged coastline south of Glitterwood immediately prior to making the crossing to the Oyster Isle on the open sea. Doubtless, many would-be conquerors thought this untamed archipelago was their final challenge and conquest before their dreams were dashed upon the shores of their doom now covered by fat birds and marine mammals ignorant of the monuments to hubris that they occupied. In the far distance, a tower loomed between Grey Maidens and Port Bax, a tower of dancing lights that appeared to be the most intact of the structures on the landmass according to the map he kept close.

Dismissing the local curiosity and potential obstacle as an area best to avoid for now, he finally takes his leave of Sir Hjalti and retires to his quarters just as Yngvar and Katla finished with their preparations and entered the room of maps, correspondence, and tools with him. Bylgja, his storm genasi völva, was in a meditative trance on a cloak of furs, lost in her visions and speaking in a tongue of dark seidr on the floor, surrounded by sacred plants and the vile concoctions that their mixtures made under crushing weight of mortar and pestle. A few weeks of hard sailing, and the winds of magic have abandoned runes and storm genasi alike as they drew closer to the edge of the lastlands. Only experimentation and prayer could once again unlock the arcane secrets that their people so desperately need, yet Einar was loathe to assist his seeress when his attention was so short.

"So what of it Einar? Foreigners of a thousand lands darken these waters," Yngvar stepped forward, "and all chose to make more use of Port Bax than our little Hringhorni. They're gathering information, resources, allies, and cannons, and what do you do? As soon as all of our supplies were restocked you gave the order to disembark again, without even the companionship of Alfaðir and Hrónn to bolster our numbers. Whatever that witch there has whispered into your ear, no amount of dwarven steel is going to save us should we ever come to blows with these captains when they set out to enact their own wills, let alone overcome what other dangers may lurk here through force of arms alone. To stay this mad course is nothing more than folly."

Katla shook her head. "I must agree with Yngvar on this. What more to add to our troubles, I spotted two ships leaving harbor, I wouldn't be surprised if they mean to take islands of their own... This is a bold move Jarl, of that much is certain." She contemplated as she peered at the incomplete ancient charts scattered before her, trying to see the bigger picture. "Where exactly will we put our men ashore?"

"There," Einar tapped a sealed scroll on Oyster Isle, directing their eyes to the ruins spanning both sides of the largest bay's inlet. "We send a landing party ahead, and then we go a-viking." He said before lifting and waving the roll of parchment. "It's true, Hrónn might not be out on the whale road with us, but they have been busy at work collecting intelligence on the Oyster Isle that may very well aid us in our quest, and for that we owe my kin, bound by pact and by blood, our thanks and support." He decrees as they begin to plan a raid...

TURN ONE Actions​

1) Scout the Oyster Isle with 21 Jestir and 3 Skald-kappi, exploring the ruins on the northern and southern peninsular lips of it's largest bay in addition to cautious further investigation of it's many 'hills' utilizing TRADITIONS of ESPIONAGE, COUNTER-INTELLIGENCE, and STEALTH to remain undetected/confuse any unwanted observers. Bylgja, a (stormlord) storm genasi, tries to conceal the Hringhorni by cloaking it in mist as it's mast is lowered to reduce it's profile once it nears the shore, and then proceeds to join and advise the landing party along with Einar's crag hedrox cat Jörmungandr to support the reconnaissance effort by conjuring illusions, increasing mobility, and enhancing senses whilst Jörmungandr goes where others cannot.

2) Raid, or if utterly uncontested, settle the ruins of the western bay (3 wealth spent if so), keeping a low profile. The Hringhorni itself is covered in local vegetation when beached to help camouflage it.

Last edited:
welian welian :

Actions

1. Scope out a couple of the taverns to see who has been through Port Bax recently.
  2. Gather intel on one of the more mountainous islands (N, P, O).

Victoria arrived the morning after what must have been one hell of a night in Port Bax. Everyone was on their best behavior and the bad element, which was always so obvious to Victoria (Those overripe souls, it was almost like they were flirting!) was on it's best behavior. Victoria had her attendants carry her chair into port, and let her agents loose to do their duties. She looked at the overcast above her head and saw it for what it was -- the town was covered by some localized curse of storms -- but this town was grey even on the sunniest of days.

As Victoria perused the shops an bought a snowball-sized red pearl -- it would make a fine blood orb or somesuch bauble when properly enchanted -- The Husks and Kithless funneled info back to her -- At first it was thought Varisian Gypsies had struck the town and squeezed the populace for all they were worth -- but no, This was the work of the Pazai clan... Crocodile Crocodile -- who had done their utmost to break the underbelly of this down which now licked it's wounds like a gelded dog. She had heard of the Pazai, plenty of them over recent centuries had winded up in the hells and earned a grudging respect as ruthless henchmen... perhaps almost as ruthless as her own bunch -- but she wouldn't bet on it...

In the tavern Victoria met a charming though slightly intoxicated BOOKCASE (laying on it's back in a corner surrounded by empty tankards) Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon with very loose lips. They were one of a commune of mimics it seemed belonging to the command of one "First-Captain-John-du-Doe" -- How charming, As a devil once could hardly sneeze without knocking over THREE neuvo-riche MONSTER bands trying to swim with the infernals... But she got the skinny on the Pazai and John-du-doe factions without too much manipulation, and learned of a recently surfaced black market in port bax where her kithless secured a small supply of very potent WYVERN VENOM for a negligible price...
(before a fight Victoria or her army may use "Wyvern poison" as a unit descriptor.. it will run out fast for crew, but a decent supply is kept aside for Victoria Varna...)

The short of the news was many newcomers had arrived just in port Bax alone and she wondered if any of these ventures would be competition, cat's paws, or otherwise possibly allies. The last word she had heard was some "Crown Prince" from the Eastern Empires, The jade isles perhaps? Had rushed through port shortly before her arrival on the way to some accursed rock called "Lavaplates" -- setting off without much scouting or intel -- this prince must be impetuous indeed. If a would-be emperor was as handsome as he was impetuous she might consider... she waves such thoughts away for the moment like an intruding fly which she incinerated out of the air.

Sampling what little port bax could offer in way of delights only took til midday -- though some of the rare fish and drinks were worthy perhaps of more attention. It was learned that the isles she had her eyes on were called "The highstone grottos" (map updated) -- Apparently this group of islands was the refuge of Yssian (merpeople who have legs on dry land) Royalty who had fled from a lost war in the deeps that errupted to the surface. They now were scratching out a living on the surface and hollows beneath the water. The Royals calling their holdings "Old Ys" (despite their original homes being ruins in the depths) and a younger rebel faction had split from the royals settling absurdly close in a place similarly humourously named "New Ys"... Wasn't Old Ys New Ys, making new Ys, New-New Ys?

If she cared to travel there, she would have to be attentive and diplomatically agile... strange folk indeed they seemed to be.
She also was given rumors torn out of ancient books and scrolls that there was treasure in that island cluster -- some legend to the effect of:

"When each of the Triplets gives up their prize, The ruins of Makken-Depths shall rise." ... What did it mean? All references seemed to come back to this, Victoria wondered how easily these lands would give up their secrets once she got going collecting them...

With it getting into the evening Victoria cut her tied to business and began to think about the pleasures of the evening. Suckling pig and Virgin Olives? Or Suckling Virgins and and an olive pig? (an orc) ... what to dine on, as she considered her next move...

(You may increase or decrease "sentiment" by sending greetings or insults to Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon 's and/or Crocodile Crocodile 's factions. -- the Mimic Venture and Pazai Clan, respectively)

Last edited:
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 :

Actions:
survey island: tasked: sea treader X 10 sea treader shrouded
construct smelters: tasked: rock breaker x10 youngers x20 one wealth?

Sand was wet and pliable, sandstone was strong and shape-able. Their ship was humbled but fixable, the ores of the islands mixable. The elders and the Crab-brood moved and worked as one to the beat of drum and the clacking of mandibular music. However, there was much to do...

The sea treaders noted that there was little surface territory on the island and no vegetation -- but plenty could be built warm and dry within their sandstone pit, and plenty could be made cool and wet in the shallows around the island.

The sea treaders, massive and bulky, moved with unexpected almost preternatural grace and silence as they scouted the shore and the waters beyond. Traces of Copper and Iron clung to rocks and Tubular corals... a good omen, and the treaders peeled all such deposits off and loaded them into seaweed bags they hauled across the shallows. (gain 1 unit of copper and 1 unit of IRON!) -- The flora and fauna around the island were gentle, and tasty -- fat lazy sea-mammals gave up their flesh almost willingly, or as willingly as one does when one is ambushed by silent killer crab monsters one would suppose... so that bode well for staying here a bit.

What did not however, was the absence of trees on their isle, and only limited supplies of sponge-coral suitable for burning in the forge. A source of wood would need to be acquired quickly, for the FORGE would not run hot without fuel for it's furnace...

And Oh, what a wonder was the forge -- (costing 1 wealth) -- piled high with the shiniest stones to be found in and around the island rocks, with a blazing heart around which the youngers danced as they assembled the smoke-stack ever higher. The forge almost threatened to dwarf the island itself, it was built with such artistry, grandiosity, and enthusiasm. The Copper and Iron would quickly be smelted, but greedy (and beady) eyes quickly looked across the channel at the nearby Isle of THRUNESWATCH -- it's small but dense forest seemingly singing to the Crustacean-people "CUT US DOWN AND BURN US! CUT US DOWN AND BURN US!"

The youngers and the legion both prodded the elders with their smallest appendages to look at the jungle trees for themselves... The forge was built, it was time to conquer more territory and assure that the forge-fires would be fed at least as fast as Iron could be found... The elders had much to think about.

Also discovered off the coast by the sea-treaders was a wreck of a large merchantman ship, it's claiming by the sea seemed brutal and recent. The cannons on the ship -- the crabs quarrelled, could fully arm their vessel -- but could also be melted into more iron -- and the hunger for iron was HIGH...

Strangely the interior of the ship was not flooded, as eerie green lights danced within -- this wreck was haunted, it seemed. The crab Elders resolved to make sure any humanoids they killed would be thoroughly evicerated and/or completely eaten should they come to inevitable violence with the "land-prisoners" -- they had too familiar a habit of coming back from the dead if you didn't deal with them thoroughly enough. Still, the elders wondered what cargo could remain in the ghost ship... and how easily the cannons/iron could be liberated from the wreck.

Cembor did not relish the thought of fighting ghosts... but knew his broodlings would want their treasure... Ghosts did not cotton well to being damaged by normal weapons, but could be harmed effectively enough with rune-magic and a well-placed blast of lightning. The elder also knew that the undead often yearned or sought for things that kept them from a peaceful rest... perhaps the ghosts could be bargained with for whatever would make them move on to oblivion and leave the ship and it's treasures to him and his encrustlings...

Time would tell...

(Great Forge is built, but needs a supply of wood!)
(map updated!)

Dest Dest :

Actions
1. Visit Gunnery and purchase full compliment of weaponry (1 Wealth)

2. Gather intel about island F -- "THRUNESWATCH"

While the carnies and outrageous hats rapidly packed up the circus, Terren Laevon was brought an invoice and reckoning of all the performances they'd held in the previous week or so in Port Bax and had come to a profit of quite a bit of coin. Not everyone in port was a scoundrel and the community was starving for entertainment so it was great to see that the till doth overflow -- even with the last night of wonders and acts being declared free... (Gain 2 wealth)

(For your goodwill to the people of Port Bax -- you are awarded "Social Currency" in this community -- mark this in your notes. You will be well received here, and able to spend this social currency for wants or to get out of trouble in the future, in this community or with those who associate with it)

Gathering intel about the islands was not that hard for Terren Laevon... One of the astral arts could always extract more information from what little was offered... some object-reading here, some twisting of fate there, and all of a sudden secrets are open to you... You learn:

The Island is known as "Thruneswatch" -- for a Venture that set up a lighthouse there and had intended to set up lighthouses for safe navigation all over the archipelagos...
Rumors have it that this Venture, it's ship the "Thrunefang" had suffered a sorrowful fate being dashed against "Smuggler's Shiv" -- a large and dangerous island off the coasts of the archipelagos. Astral readings showed that the Thrunefang had removed it's old prow-icon of a mermaid, and instead replaced it before their fateful last voyage with that of the icon of a demon. Smuggler's Shiv gave Terren bad feelings -- but something about the old mermaid icon (buried in the deep jungle in the middle of the island) called to him... and even deeper below this, he could hear the whisperings of something darker in the Shiv... an ancient savagery... A cursed coat? All of the blood drained out of a flying goat? From there the messages just got stranger and more disturbing... and no matter how vividly called the shiv, Terren did not let it get in the way of learning more about the Island in question. Besides the buried and beautiful prow-icon, there was a village of natives on the north side of the island -- dangerous to barter with, it might be likely that they would be well received as entertainers. Though why the natives settled so far away from the Island's lighthouse was a question in need of an answer.

He also heard rumors of recent arrivals in the archipelagos Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 -- Crab persons who had floated here in a... well a submarine of sorts... who had built a giant forge for iron in the archipelagos. Such was their hunger for iron that it even eclipsed that of gold, or some magical motes whispered even over reason -- and that they might soon be visitors to this island they were learning about as well.

More conventionally, his henchlings who did more practical and physical research learned that the Thrunefang, and thus the builders of the lighthouse on Thruneswatch, were from the far off country of Cheliax... and of an old custom of burying precious casks of wine under constructions at sea, to appease the gods and spirits of the sea and not knock their buildings over in a squall. If the age of the lighthouse was to be guessed, that would make whatever wine or spirits under that lighthouse a precious and aged vintage, if they cared to search for it.

The Circus concluded it's business in Port bax by fully arming at the Gunnery (Note ship is "MAXIMALLY ARMED!") before they marched back up the gangplanks, the locals, and a strange group of bookcases, waving them off with kerchiefs and blessings for a safe voyage...

Trektek Trektek :

1. Carouse in the Inns and Taverns
2. Visit the Arena with Captain Dagget Daggerson

Letting the Trolls off the ship was a mistake. They were portside less than an hour when they began to indiscriminately eat fish out of the market, an picked up more than one house and shook it upside down until all the "Food" fell out... and much needed to be done to convince the trolls that a person falling out of a "Hut dumpster" wasn't fair game.
By the time they were reigned in the Goblin Hobbes were exhausted but were finally able to trap the trolls in the water tunnels beneath Grey Maidens -- where they immediately started devouring the vermin and untreated sewage there until they were in a "food-coma"... They would need to flush the Trolls out to sea and pick them up from the boat as they would no longer fit through the manholes they'd used to get them in there... and plenty of stink-eye was given to the goblins for the trouble until the damage was paid for...
(lose 1 wealth)

In the Taverns the Crays started daydrinking on arrival, the wrenchmaces needing to brain them properly before any of them became liabilities to the citizenry as well. The city guard cornered all the goblins in a Tavern called "The Rocky Ale Alehouse" and left them to their devices -- each cray drinking itself sick and proceeding to barf in technocolor all over the premises until a delegated wrenchmace could knock it unconscious. The wrenchmaces themselves busied themselves with some gambling and light to moderade vandalism... since what were the citizens of grey maidens going to do? fine them again?

Yes. Yes they did. (Lose 1 more wealth)

It seemed without the Goblin Hobbes to keep a healthy level of fear in the crew they were absolutely incorrigible... but after paying their fines the goblins all showed up, drunk and stinking, at the arena to watch their great leader Dagget Daggerson fight for glory and coin.

But GLORIOUS was the fight in the arena, as Dagget Daggerson defeats the Underleague champion... some drunken dwarf named Balin Bonecourt (make note of this victory, as it may lead to good or bad tidings!) it's a good thing you won, not just because you're alive, but because you got a handy rune-axe, and underwrote all the damage your crew did to the town!

Last edited:
Port Bax

"Ahhhh... That is so much better"

Under the canopy of the sails, the unkempt clergyman rubbed the feet of the crewmen, massaging each of his toes in sequence with gentle movements, being careful to avoid the raised nodules and bumps that riddled his feet. While there would be no pain for the man, the upsetting of these lesions would only aggravate the poor souls condition.

While most of the sailors had an almost coppery tan that some might be jealous of it was sadly because of their affliction. Even the sun baked skin of them, possibly considered sunburn, was in part due to their condition. The horrible disease that stripped people from families and friends, their communities, their native lands.

Leprosy

Malformed faces, thickened extremities, and a lack of feeling cursed everyone aboard, and it was Father Damian and his Alabaster Nuns who now took it upon themselves to tend these pitiable unfortunates. Driven from everywhere else, these Godless Isles might be their only bastion of hope across the entirety of the High Seas.

"Captain. We.... We've.... docked" panted a stricken sailor

Rising to his feet, Father Damian thanked the man, softly placing his hand on his shoulder. "Get some bread and water, my friend, and rest easy"

While it broke his heart to have these sick souls man the ship for him, the languishing lepers had graciously volunteered to do so as recompense for all he had done for them. With most to badly afflicted to help, that left only thirty or so more able bodied men to do the work of a few dozens. Early on in their travels Father Damian had done his best to ease their workload but with so many to tend to, and his sometimes simple nature finding him often underfoot, the cast down clergymen gave up on such ideals.

While normally vigilant in their endeavours the portly priest quickly spied one of the crew being too enthusiastic with his task, a trail of scarlet skin and blood being left behind on the ropes as the man pulled close the rigging to adjust the sail. Completely unaware, the man continued in his duties, the slab of skin slapping to the ground like a hunk of wet fish.

"Gustav, head below. Your wound needs tending" called Damian, rushing over.

Looking at the priest with minor confusion, the flat nosed sailor checked himself over, the dripping pus and blood from the wound on his arm quickly apparent. Helping him to the doorway, Father Damian let him go below deck. With a stumbling haste Gustav went down the stairs so the Nuns could treat his wounds.

The cawing of ravens murmured behind Damian, as the looming shadow of a Redeemer hung over him. Clad in ivory platemail, these hulking suits of armour were a gift from the Merry Monarch of Molochi, on whose lands his charges beckoned from them. Guides to the afterlife, these heavenly beings protected everyone on board until it was their time to leave this plane.

"Not today, seraphim" spoke Damian, putting his hand on the eager Redeemers chest plate, leaving behind a bloody handprint on the pristine celestial as he walked away.

Checking on his charges one final time before he went ashore, making sure they were all fed and rested, the clergymen captain would take whichever Nun could be spared as the rest tended to the poor unfortunates below. He would seek the blessing of the local establishment of the Church or the Governor to begin setting up colonies in the neighbouring isles, affording his charges the freedom to live away from persecution.

37_Scurvy_Header-2000x1334.jpg

The Ship...

The Caridad
Class: Merchantman
Type: Large Merchantman
(Half Armed)

...and her Crew

Father Damian (10) (Captain)
Astral (4) Priest
Skills: Oratory
Medicine
Alabaster Maids (5)
3 astral magic/3 water magic -- Expert unit with mage abilities. Have 2 specialties chosen on joining the Venture.
Masako Goto (Biology/ Herbalist)
Josephine Dutton (Espionage/Architecture)
Marianne Cope (Theology/ Castellan)
Louise Conrardy (Theology/Translator)
Jane Dinner (Medicine/Biology)
Magical Healing, Small chance to heal afflictions. Spreaders of light and succor, the Alabaster Maids are Holy Nuns who Follow Father Damian and constantly tend to the wounds of the diseased and afflicted. If cornered, they will use maces to defend themselves where magic fails. Especially dangerous to undead and Demons (but not Devils or Qlippoth)
Redeemer (3)
These holy goliaths are mysterious celestials that followed Father Damian to the Godless Isles. Very Tall with a slender grace even in Ivory heavy platemail, they dance with sword and shield with the power of true super-elite units. They never speak, but occasionally make the sound of doves or ravens, depending on their mood and posture. Absolutely Deadly Tanks in Battle. Magical Weapons and Armor Descriptor, Holy Descriptor, Radiance (10 feet). Tireless Descriptor. Gain progressive bonuses in combat. In melee, Heavenly Shield has 50% chance of absorbing 3d6s in melee. Shield helps against ranged attacks at GM discretion
Gooey Ones (30)
These are "full bodied" lepers, whose skin and flesh is dripping off their bones. While normally gentle and seeking peace, these units can nonetheless defend themselves and serve effectively on a ship, as well as labor for the greater good of the colony. Have "Diseased" Descriptor. Fear (5)
Accursed (11)
These people have suffered so much with their disease they are little more than mummified heaps of scabs and welts, their bodies transcendent of their disease and somehow strengthened by it through faith and perseverance. So devout, they can lend themselves as mana batteries to friendly priests and casters, though have no spells of their own. Their decomposed bodies bear the equivalent of Medium armor, and have (un)holy strength equivalent to medium weapons. While relatively weak for an Elite unit, lesser units will find Accursed hard to deal with. Have "Diseased" Descriptor, Have "Twist Fate" descriptor, (un)holy strength descriptor, Mana Slave Descriptor.
The Maimed (60)
These are unfortunate people missing arms, legs, eyes, you name it. Extremely weak and frail, they fill the bottom tier of the venture serving as pathetic objects of sympathy or simply poor seamen and cannonfodder. Have "Diseased" Descriptor. Have "Affliction" Descriptor.
Orders:

Seek an audience with the local Church/ Governor for their blessings/ protection to build a colony with Father Damian, 1 Alabaster Nun (Sister Jane) (Oratory/ Theology specialty used)

Reliant on order above (possibly)
Recruit volunteers/ the unemployed to help establish and build a colony with Father Damian, 1 Alabaster Nun (Sister Jane) (Oratory/ Translator speciality used/1 Wealth put aside for possible boat/ incentive)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back