Other Unpopular Opinions

Telling someone to lose weight when they're overweight isn't body shaming.
It actually saddens me that this is somehow an unpopular opinion. It's just medical fact that being overweight can lead to loads of health issues.

Telling someone to lose weight when they're overweight isn't body shaming.

I think people just shouldn't be commenting on other people's bodies unless they're a professional in the medical field.
Not to mention there are many, many, many illnesses and medications that cause people to gain weight like hypothyroidism, neurological conditions, hormone imbalances, anti-depressants etc etc

I gained 30+ kgs when I went through chemo because of the medication. How do you think I would've felt having someone come up to me and tell me I needed to lose weight while my body was going through something so harsh to begin with? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that be in some way, I guess... body shaming? Idk. I guess that's just my unpopular opinion

my current likely unpopular opinion is if you have life get in the way or have writers block for a month plus you should maybe just step out of your RPs and and inform everyone about it. I get both are things but when an RP is held up for a month people just going silent until you bug them enough or them to explain it is no fun just like seemingly needing to drag people back to an RP kicking and screaming that they say they want to be part of.

I think people just shouldn't be commenting on other people's bodies unless they're a professional in the medical field.
Not to mention there are many, many, many illnesses and medications that cause people to gain weight like hypothyroidism, neurological conditions, hormone imbalances, anti-depressants etc etc

I gained 30+ kgs when I went through chemo because of the medication. How do you think I would've felt having someone come up to me and tell me I needed to lose weight while my body was going through something so harsh to begin with? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that be in some way, I guess... body shaming? Idk. I guess that's just my unpopular opinion
Most of the people that do this use social media to make such comments/attack people because that's what it has become and they feel they are somehow justified to give such idiotic opinions.
I don't anyone in their right mind who would go up to someone on the street to tell them they need to lose weight, not where I'm from at least. But yeah, if you're not a professional, mind your own business.

I don't think this applies to EVERYONE. If my husband or some other loved one is gaining weight rapidly to the point where it's putting their health at risk, and they don't appear to be concerned...? That's an issue lol

I feel like body shaming is deliberately making someone feel like a lesser person because of their body. Attacking their identity. I don't think it counts when it comes from a place of genuine concern. Just how I'm fairly sure "you should really get that mole checked out, I'm worried" isn't body shaming.

I don't think this applies to EVERYONE. If my husband or some other loved one is gaining weight rapidly to the point where it's putting their health at risk, and they don't appear to be concerned...? That's an issue lol

I feel like body shaming is deliberately making someone feel like a lesser person because of their body. Attacking their identity. I don't think it counts when it comes from a place of genuine concern. Just how I'm fairly sure "you should really get that mole checked out, I'm worried" isn't body shaming.
This.

It's how I approach the issue. I don't go up to random people and tell them they need to lose weight.

This one usually gets me killed for saying it, but chocolate is PUTRID.

Tastes disgusting and the color and texture of it makes me barf. 🤮

Bacon is overrated. I enjoy it here and there, but I see it advertised more than I think it should be, and over-dramatacized. And some of the people that like it can also make a really big deal about it. I also dislike bacon on pizza. If anyone asks for it, the appropriate action is to respectfully but firmly ask them to leave. Nah just kidding! But for real, I don't want it near my brick oven.

Turkey bacon does not get enough love. Like it's good. It's not crunchy like its pork alternative but it's good.

Bacon is overrated. I enjoy it here and there, but I see it advertised more than I think it should be, and over-dramatacized. And some of the people that like it can also make a really big deal about it. I also dislike bacon on pizza. If anyone asks for it, the appropriate action is to respectfully but firmly ask them to leave. Nah just kidding! But for real, I don't want it near my brick oven.

Turkey bacon does not get enough love. Like it's good. It's not crunchy like its pork alternative but it's good.
I don’t get the obsession with bacon in everything either you’re not alone. No joke Jack in the box used to have a bacon shake there’s a bacon soda. I can’t have pork and turkey bacon doesn’t get love it’s yummy.

I don’t get the obsession with bacon in everything either you’re not alone. No joke Jack in the box used to have a bacon shake there’s a bacon soda. I can’t have pork and turkey bacon doesn’t get love it’s yummy.
That does sound awful. All that grease in your ice cream too, like no thankyou! I actually do enjoy just a plain vanilla shake. A simple but enjoyable flavor.

That does sound awful. All that grease in your ice cream too, like no thankyou! I actually do enjoy just a plain vanilla shake. A simple but enjoyable flavor.
I miss that one cinnamon roll ice cream Ben and Jerry’s my grocery store they don’t carry it anymore.

I don't eat pork so will eat turkey bacon as an alternative. I actually really like it. Definitely under-rated.

Please don't murder me but Beyonce is overrated. She said put a ring on it and the world went crazy for no reason 💃💃💃💃💃
To be honest, I don't like her music. I love all kinds, just not hers. Moreover, she's not that great of an actress either.

To be honest, I don't like her music. I love all kinds, just not hers. Moreover, she's not that great of an actress either.
I enjoyed her music far more when Destiny's Child was still a thing.

EXACTLY oh my gosh every time I've said this to someone they've looked at me like I just said I was going to murder them. Like she's a cool person, just really overrated

Facts, like she's a cool person and all, it's not like her acting or music is awful, but there are a lot more people that can easily outshine her in those regards
Musicians usually can't act and vice versa. However, there are some exceptions. Lady Gaga comes to mind. She can both act and sing. That's pretty rare. She's even won Oscars iirc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back