Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coffee... is weird . It's just a drink, but that drink (or brand) can have a lot prejudice. It's juat a drink! It's doesn't determine your personality or anyone else's. What if someone drank applejuice and now you're assumed to be a hypocrite?

Shakespeare is Not That Good, y'all just think you're quirky for liking classic lit

I feel like you have to state what writing is good if you give this opinion lol
Stuff that I can actually sit through reading and that English teachers don't ask you to dissect
Basically anything not boring

Stuff that I can actually sit through reading and that English teachers don't ask you to dissect
Basically anything not boring

I think any play is boring, when simply read. Especially without context.

Shakespeare, as with any play, is meant to be performed. A teacher that doesn't insist their students act out the scenes is doing both the kids and the text a huge disservice.

Seriously, though, one of the best productions I've ever seen was a local staging of Macbeth where Banquo just ran around the dinner table, offering oblivious partyguests parts of his exposed, rotting brain, while Macbeth quietly pissed himself in a corner. Plays are awesome.

I think any play is boring, when simply read. Especially without context.

Shakespeare, as with any play, is meant to be performed. A teacher that doesn't insist their students act out the scenes is doing both the kids and the text a huge disservice.

Seriously, though, one of the best productions I've ever seen was a local staging of Macbeth where Banquo just ran around the dinner table, offering oblivious partyguests parts of his exposed, rotting brain, while Macbeth quietly pissed himself in a corner. Plays are awesome.
That's fair. I've never seen a Shakespeare performance. But just reading them, it bores me to death.

Both marvel and DC are starting to bore me.

Anime is starting to get stale

And I'm finding most everything I actually read in fiction end up rehashing the same tropes again and again...

And I think that this is probably from an overconsumption of entertainment.

Last edited:
Both marvel and DC are starting to bore me.

Anime is starting to get stale

And I'm finding most everything I actually read in fiction to rehash the same tropes again and again...

And I think that this is probably from an overconsumption of entertainment.

I've got a few off-the-beaten-path comics recs, if you need a break from Avengers/JLA/etc.

Calling out people for wearing trendy anime clothing who haven't actually watched the anime shouldn't be considered gatekeeping. If I got bullied for the same shirt but you wear it now for likes, you should be called out for being hypocritical.

Calling out people for wearing trendy anime clothing who haven't actually watched the anime shouldn't be considered gatekeeping. If I got bullied for the same shirt but you wear it now for likes, you should be called out for being hypocritical.
Is that an actual phenomenon?

Lowkey, I was kind of intrigued byThe Happening (2008). The whole walking backwards, repeating, and then death thing just completely unnerves me. Especially with how people died. Truely terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back