Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm aware of the anti-vaxx movement, my point was that being for vaccines is not, in any shape or form, an unpopular opinion.

Okie doke it is just my opinion I wanted to share because I feel strongly about it hah, I personally don't see the harm in that. Sorry if it bothered you.

Sports related; But the older I get the more I question who the aka GOAT of any sport really is..... Example: MJ isn’t the goat and no I’m not saying it’s Lebron either.

You can go by numbers, pure skill or what have you. But I question if either is really the goat and why Lebron is even in the discussion right now.

I wasn’t born in the era to have actually watched some of these legends play; But did everybody just overlook Kareem in favor of MJ or Lebron? Is it because Kareem was a center and didn’t have the ball in his hands all the time? Do they not know his pre-nba basketball history and numbers in addition to his pro career?

Anyways just my opinion accompanied by questions and thoughts to go along with it.

For most people Kareem was simply not the guy in the NBA, it was Bird/Magic -> MJ -> Kobe -> Bron. You'd have to be pretty old to have seen his entire career after all. Kareem instead gets put in the same bubble as Wilt/Russel in the sense that they are like myths of a bygone era who are also victims of simply being big men(which you mentioned). Big men have always been looked down on because they are not flashy enough to captivate fans and take "safe" higher percent shots. This is especially true in today's game where the holy three pointer is all some care about.

Kareem has the resume for GOAT without a doubt, but Bird/Magic were the ones that revived the league after a not so great 70s(another unfair knock against Kareem). Then MJ came along and changed the game forever.

Pretty much it's just unfortunate circumstances.

For most people Kareem was simply not the guy in the NBA, it was Bird/Magic -> MJ -> Kobe -> Bron. You'd have to be pretty old to have seen his entire career after all. Kareem instead gets put in the same bubble as Wilt/Russel in the sense that they are like myths of a bygone era who are also victims of simply being big men(which you mentioned). Big men have always been looked down on because they are not flashy enough to captivate fans and take "safe" higher percent shots. This is especially true in today's game where the holy three pointer is all some care about.

Kareem has the resume for GOAT without a doubt, but Bird/Magic were the ones that revived the league after a not so great 70s(another unfair knock against Kareem). Then MJ came along and changed the game forever.

Pretty much it's just unfortunate circumstances.
Now see I get that and even Bird sees disrespect by some people yet he was elite and a goat level talent without the typical athletic skill set and body but proof IQ can be just as deadly. (A legendary 3 ball level, tenacity and D helps too) Magic I know gets a lot of respect like those others and Bird and rightfully so as well. But I just can’t bring myself to say Lebron is GOAT when I look to past eras and the legends of older times. He’s hall fame elite level without a doubt, but GOAT is difficult for me to go along with, especially when looking at Kobe and plenty of people say he’s not even top ten all time. (Not all but plenty of so called experts)

I never truly saw any of those greats play only highlights and such, (born in 92) But sad to see Kareem get diminished due to being a big man who’s flash was more skyhook and not ankle breaking or flashy dunk related, etc. I realize a longer way of saying I agree and see your point, but still sad. Wilt is a player id of loved to see play in his prime, the guy doesn’t have the rings like the amount of Kareem or Russell and etc, but he had insane ability and talent and the stats are out of this world. Russell too for playing less years then Kareem and Wilt but had so much success packed into that time played.

I guess I’m learning more and more that I’m old school of mind and basketball love. I enjoy the dribble game and 3 well enough, but that mid range and interior game is more my style and the facilitating finesse as well that could be great even without the flash though flash is always nice. (Pistol Pete and those guys were one of a kind that changed the game)

Yeah that’s true, but also unfair at the same time. (Like you said already) I mean less I’m wrong a lot of the nba decline came from the way things were done and ran by the commissioner and crew not just because style of play started to change with successive generations. I believe games were on tape delay right? So live games and how they were broadcast were part of it all. On court skill and the players who played at the highest level still had that talent to become and be legends. I look at iceman and Dr J and think damn.... those guys could play and do stuff nobody else could at the time but they seem forgotten sometimes. Same with Wilkins. Bill Walton was low key revolutionary in some ways and skill was insane if not for injuries he could have had one hell of a career and even with he’s still a hall of famer who had a great career. Jack sikma too but more due to not being Kareem level and not injury but he left a legacy and was like Walton, was Jokic before Jokic and even before the great Arvydas Sabonis who preceded Jokic and gets compared to.

I mean I get the reasons folks have but some are just unfair and overplayed. More and more I look back and explore history especially in sports and basketball more so and get to thinking about a lot of things and becoming post career fans of legends i never actually saw play except in highlights I search out. MJ was great without a doubt, same with Kobe and Lebron. But always wonder if the true Goat is other players people talk less about in that conversation.

But agreed. A longer way of coming to this conclusion but started typing and kept going.

if you bullied and tormented actual emo/goth/alternative people for years due to their taste in music/fashion and are now suddenly dressing in a similar way because it's currently "trendy", you suck.

also, billie eilish is not goth lmao.

Fireball is trash-tier whiskey. Seriously... cinnamon? Yuk! And it isn't even 80 proof.

if you bullied and tormented actual emo/goth/alternative people for years due to their taste in music/fashion and are now suddenly dressing in a similar way because it's currently "trendy", you suck.

also, billie eilish is not goth lmao.
That's where it pays to be a metalhead/punker. People come to talk shit, they leave with a busted lip.

'This is just my belief and not everyone should have my same beliefs' should be said more often as having the same beliefs isn't going to improve this world. At best, the world would be boring and at worst, it would be a more sucky world than today.

Lavander doesn't smell good.

Caffeine is the widest spread drug used around the world, and we should be doing a lot more research and possibly restricting it more.

I miss lime skittles.

It's Okay to be agnostic, it's okay to admit that you don't have all the answers.

money will not buy happiness.

Nothing is as ever as good as you remember it being.

Christmas is not a christian holiday, neither is easter.

If you are ever so sure of something that you cut off the possibility of being wrong, that something has blinded you with a Dogma.

People are not naturally good, that's why you have to strive for it.

America is not the greatest country in the world, but it isn't completely without merit.

Technology will probably be the end of us as a species.

Starwars episode IV: a new hope.. is kind of garbage.. and luke is a whiny selfish baby.
Those darn pagans.

• Fairy Tail is probably the same tier of writing as My Little Pony and watching anime while judging MLP as lesser is cringe (I don't watch either, really).
  • Fuck tiny fonts, fuck center-alignment. I just wanna read man, stop trying to be superficially quirky and channel your creativity into writing instead.
  • The idea of "authentic" food is so stupid. Just make good food, I'mma put cheese in my burrito. If the pizza is made in a stone-oven that's good enough, usually.
  • Gender is more or less a spectrum and people who don't identify as man or woman don't want the expectations that come with labels pushed onto them. Just let them be man.
  • While I understand the idea of ACAB, alienating everyone in the police force and dehumanizing them is not what you want to be doing.
  • Dragons are pretty eh, vampires are pretty eh, zombies are extremely eh.
  • Mayonaisse is the boomer-condiment of choice and pretty plain. Sriracha-mayo is pretty good though.
  • Veganism is going to be the norm in some thousand years and everyone will look back and be like "we were so barbaric what the fuck". Meat-eating is recreational genocide.
  • Steak is extremely overhyped. Just give me a dish that's spiced.
  • Everyone should be able to experiment with their sexuality without being judged, at the same time we should avoid the horrible counter-culture of shaming people for not experimenting with their sexuality.
  • Brandon Sanderson's writing is extremely bland. His worldbuilding is really good though.
    also if you like Discworld and wanna roleplay that satirical style please dm i just want similar-minded friends

Objectively speaking, the corona virus has been the best thing to happen to the world since it's weeding out the weak and the stupid.
Yeah, whether you're immunosuppressed or not determines your value to the world. I wish Stephen Hawking was alive so he could get hit by it, and it's not like the people infected by a larger strain (given off by someone infected not wearing a mask) of the virus are more likely to impaired more. There's a difference between and unpopular opinion and an uninformed opinion.

Don't forget werewolves. equally as overdone and cliché
I dunno I always liked them as a kid because it felt like they had to suffer more than they had power. It felt like there was more drawback to being a werewolf than a vampire.

I dunno I always liked them as a kid because it felt like they had to suffer more than they had power. It felt like there was more drawback to being a werewolf than a vampire.
I guess it depends who's vampire. But I just meant that Vamps and Werewolves are both really played out. I see them everywhere for RP stuff and just roll my eyes at it now. The worst is Vampire Vs. Werewolf. Super cringe

Yeah, whether you're immunosuppressed or not determines your value to the world. I wish Stephen Hawking was alive so he could get hit by it, and it's not like the people infected by a larger strain (given off by someone infected not wearing a mask) of the virus are more likely to impaired more. There's a difference between and unpopular opinion and an uninformed opinion.
So you're saying that it's better for coronavirus to keep existing because it weeds out the weak and the stupid, nice

I must admit, I thought reading comprehension would be higher on a site like this.
More than anything I believe sarcasm doesn't translate well through this medium, you were obviously making the point that you can have a weakened immune system and be a huge contribution to society. Also that you can do everything as advised and because of the carelessness of someone else i.e. someone who is asymptomatic and refuses to wear a mask so transmits it to someone who does. The issue here for those who didn't understand that point it seems like you were agreeing with this ilinformed opinion.

Edit.

Also though the reading comprehension is actually rather high on this site, there are a lot of users whom don't belong to the English language as a native. So please, be kind and keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back