Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Letting the government decide what you can and can’t say is a dangerous precedent to set. It stops the flow of different ideas and an open dialogue.

That’s dangerous. Really dangerous.

Yes, I know. The left want bigger government because they think if the government got involved in more things, they'd be able to solve everything.
Which is completely irrational, because the government sucks at everything. The left got the government into marriage, letting gay and lesbians get married and adopt children even though there have been studies that showed that children in heterosexual families are better off because children naturally need a father rolemodel as well as a motherly one---so there could be a balance.
They got the government to force Christian bakeries to cater to gay weddings when it specifically goes against their beliefs. That is already a violation of the freedom of religion. And now, they are trying to soften and safe space universities to the point where college students are even dumber then when they came in---all brainwashed with the same ideology and set of views, instead of having a diverse set of ideas and views.

The left are forcing diversity in movies and TV series----if a movie has too many white people in it, it's 'white-washed'. If there are too many males (especially those dreaded white privileged white straight males) then it's mysogynistic and anti-feminist. And diversity is fine, but that's the problem.
To the left, there is only diversity in skin color, but not diversity in ideas. You're fine as long as you don't have a different opinion, basically.

Oh and yes, I love Crowder's change my mind videos. Especially the 'there are 2 genders' video and the pro-life video. Thank you for sending it :P

Yes, I know. The left want bigger government because they think if the government got involved in more things, they'd be able to solve everything.
Which is completely irrational, because the government sucks at everything. The left got the government into marriage, letting gay and lesbians get married and adopt children even though there have been studies that showed that children in heterosexual families are better off because children naturally need a father rolemodel as well as a motherly one---so there could be a balance.
They got the government to force Christian bakeries to cater to gay weddings when it specifically goes against their beliefs. That is already a violation of the freedom of religion. And now, they are trying to soften and safe space universities to the point where college students are even dumber then when they came in---all brainwashed with the same ideology and set of views, instead of having a diverse set of ideas and views.

The left are forcing diversity in movies and TV series----if a movie has too many white people in it, it's 'white-washed'. If there are too many males (especially those dreaded white privileged white straight males) then it's mysogynistic and anti-feminist. And diversity is fine, but that's the problem.
To the left, there is only diversity in skin color, but not diversity in ideas. You're fine as long as you don't have a different opinion, basically.

Oh and yes, I love Crowder's change my mind videos. Especially the 'there are 2 genders' video and the pro-life video. Thank you for sending it :P
I don’t find government to be the solution. I think government is the problem. I believe in freedom. Governments are fallible. They can be corrupted. They can become tyrannical. They can become oppressive, they can become totalitarian dictatorships. Government is never the solution to our problems. And as you said, the government already is trampling on the rights of individuals. The US, for example, states in the first amendment that people have a freedom to religion without government interference. And as you stated, they’re interfering. We also have the fourth amendment that protects citizens from unreasonable searches, meaning you need a warrant. They trampled on that too. When you let the government chip away at your rights and not do a thing about it, soon there will no rights left.

And the diversity thing... it’s all about a victimization status. If you’re not a straight white male, or a white person, they find you to be the problem, that you apparently oppress minorities. They think the system is rigged against them (which Shapiro has pointed out that there is no credible evidence to back up that claim). Furthermore, they like to attack you and use buzzwords to describe you.

Don’t agree with gay marriage? Homophobic.

Don’t agree with transgenderism? Transphobic

Criticism Islam? Islamaphobic

Don’t agree with feminism? Sexist.

Don’t agree with letting in vast amounts of “refugees” and illegal immigration (and yes, having a wall as well)? Xenophobia and racist

I mean the list just goes on and on. But the fact of the matter is that even if you don’t agree with it, that doesn’t make you any of those things.

But to the Left, you are because they’re all victims.

And because there are apparently “too many white men running things,” they they vote on identity politics? Gay? You get a vote. Black? You get a vote. Islamic? V O T E! They could care less about policy issues. The fact you’re one of those (which isn’t limited to those), you get the vote because we need a woman, a non white individual, a gay, trans and Islamic person in there. We need them there for diversiry. Give me a break. I don’t care who or what the person is. I care about having the right person for the job.

Leftist progressivism has invaded Hollywood and universities, as mentioned. The universities seem to indoctrinate students into a biased world view because almost all professors are leftists. And that’s the issue. There is no diversity of opinion and ideology. Then, Hollywood is run by progressive elitists. They spew out more leftist talking points. They have fame for that and their view reaches millions of people. And then you have companies like Twitter who are so blatantly progressive, and push progressive moments, policies and trending hashtags.

This is just a part of a huge, growing problem. But the election of Trump has me feeling (at least in the US), the tides might be changing after having so many progressive laws and policies shoved down our throat.

BBQ sauce, Ketchup, Mustard, and anything sweet that should be savory is a threat to mankind and doesn't deserve to exist.

Also Destiny is garbage.
Also Also SAO was a terrible anime

I don’t find government to be the solution. I think government is the problem. I believe in freedom. Governments are fallible. They can be corrupted. They can become tyrannical. They can become oppressive, they can become totalitarian dictatorships. Government is never the solution to our problems. And as you said, the government already is trampling on the rights of individuals. The US, for example, states in the first amendment that people have a freedom to religion without government interference. And as you stated, they’re interfering. We also have the fourth amendment that protects citizens from unreasonable searches, meaning you need a warrant. They trampled on that too. When you let the government chip away at your rights and not do a thing about it, soon there will no rights left.

And the diversity thing... it’s all about a victimization status. If you’re not a straight white male, or a white person, they find you to be the problem, that you apparently oppress minorities. They think the system is rigged against them (which Shapiro has pointed out that there is no credible evidence to back up that claim). Furthermore, they like to attack you and use buzzwords to describe you.

Don’t agree with gay marriage? Homophobic.

Don’t agree with transgenderism? Transphobic

Criticism Islam? Islamaphobic

Don’t agree with feminism? Sexist.

Don’t agree with letting in vast amounts of “refugees” and illegal immigration (and yes, having a wall as well)? Xenophobia and racist

I mean the list just goes on and on. But the fact of the matter is that even if you don’t agree with it, that doesn’t make you any of those things.

But to the Left, you are because they’re all victims.

And because there are apparently “too many white men running things,” they they vote on identity politics? Gay? You get a vote. Black? You get a vote. Islamic? V O T E! They could care less about policy issues. The fact you’re one of those (which isn’t limited to those), you get the vote because we need a woman, a non white individual, a gay, trans and Islamic person in there. We need them there for diversiry. Give me a break. I don’t care who or what the person is. I care about having the right person for the job.

Leftist progressivism has invaded Hollywood and universities, as mentioned. The universities seem to indoctrinate students into a biased world view because almost all professors are leftists. And that’s the issue. There is no diversity of opinion and ideology. Then, Hollywood is run by progressive elitists. They spew out more leftist talking points. They have fame for that and their view reaches millions of people. And then you have companies like Twitter who are so blatantly progressive, and push progressive moments, policies and trending hashtags.

This is just a part of a huge, growing problem. But the election of Trump has me feeling (at least in the US), the tides might be changing after having so many progressive laws and policies shoved down our throat.

I agree with all your views. Point blank. It's on Youtube as well sadly. Everyone freaks once PewDiePie drops the n word in a live stream---he gets his Disney contract canceled, gets demonetized a bunch of times and basically gets screwed. Logan Paul on the other hand, gets his controversial video on the suicide thing in Japan (maybe you've heard of it) number 7 in trending on Youtube, and doesn't even get demonetized, even though his video was 10x worse but gets to milk millions of dollars out of the video. Their policies are trash now---they demonetize and try to silence conservative channels and some channels even get suspended. Twitter and Facebook are no better. I heard of this one case where Twitter suspended this one guy's account (the guy was an up-and-coming model/actor) because the guy had a Trump support thing as a background on his profile page. It's ridiculous.

And my god, don't even get me started on the 'fat acceptance' movement xD

I agree with all your views. Point blank. It's on Youtube as well sadly. Everyone freaks once PewDiePie drops the n word in a live stream---he gets his Disney contract canceled, gets demonetized a bunch of times and basically gets screwed. Logan Paul on the other hand, gets his controversial video on the suicide thing in Japan (maybe you've heard of it) number 7 in trending on Youtube, and doesn't even get demonetized, even though his video was 10x worse but gets to milk millions of dollars out of the video. Their policies are trash now---they demonetize and try to silence conservative channels and some channels even get suspended. Twitter and Facebook are no better. I heard of this one case where Twitter suspended this one guy's account (the guy was an up-and-coming model/actor) because the guy had a Trump support thing as a background on his profile page. It's ridiculous.

And my god, don't even get me started on the 'fat acceptance' movement xD
Yup, YouTube has gone down the shitter. All of these companies like that are run by the higher up progressive elitists. And again, that’s the problem. These progressives that own these huge companies make it fair game to push their agenda. They are another part of the problem, which looks to stop the free flow of different ideologies and push the one they wish. Silicon Valley is doing that. Most large company headquarters are there. The truth of the matter is that conservatives get more attacks on them for their ideological world view than the people the Left likes to claim victimization status for. And their blatant anti-white people views that some hold are the exact reasons why white nationalism, and to some extent, white supremacy, has increased tenfold. I myself don’t believe in either of those. But the attacks that the Left makes on white people, pushing white guilt, “white privilege,” “reverse racism not existing” has forced people to get into racial groupthink in ways. The Left has no one, and I mean no one, to thank for the giant spike in white nationalism and supremacy than themselves.

Oh yeah... fat acceptance... i hear you there.

You have earned a follower for this conversation

Hawaiian pizza is bloody delicious.
Unpopular opinion to this:

Calmly eating Hawaiian pizza while a ballistic missile warning is sounding off and everyone is panicking for their lives is bloody delicious.

The Fault in Our Stars isn't even that good of a book. Yes, I have actually read it. More than once to try and find appreciation for it like others have.

Everyone deserves the assumption of innocent until proven guilty, no matter what they're accused of. That seems to be increasingly unpopular.

The Fault in Our Stars isn't even that good of a book. Yes, I have actually read it. More than once to try and find appreciation for it like others have.
It’s like the stereotypical romance story: two people fall in love (sometimes by odd chances or something)... and then someone dies and it’s sad

Practically every chick flick or romance book I’ve read or heard about, someone always dies in the end. I myself am not sure why it’s so loved. I read it and watched the movie

Yup, YouTube has gone down the shitter. All of these companies like that are run by the higher up progressive elitists. And again, that’s the problem. These progressives that own these huge companies make it fair game to push their agenda. They are another part of the problem, which looks to stop the free flow of different ideologies and push the one they wish. Silicon Valley is doing that. Most large company headquarters are there. The truth of the matter is that conservatives get more attacks on them for their ideological world view than the people the Left likes to claim victimization status for. And their blatant anti-white people views that some hold are the exact reasons why white nationalism, and to some extent, white supremacy, has increased tenfold. I myself don’t believe in either of those. But the attacks that the Left makes on white people, pushing white guilt, “white privilege,” “reverse racism not existing” has forced people to get into racial groupthink in ways. The Left has no one, and I mean no one, to thank for the giant spike in white nationalism and supremacy than themselves.

Oh yeah... fat acceptance... i hear you there.

You have earned a follower for this conversation

You too :) It's nice to finally have a person who shares the same views as me and who can also laugh alongside me on how idiotic the left is. Being conservative is new counter-culture these days. Though really, I'm more of a Libertarian with a few conservative aspects. Honestly, it's facts over feelings nowadays. If we keep letting feelings get in the way of logic and reason, we will go backwards as a society.

You too :) It's nice to finally have a person who shares the same views as me and who can also laugh alongside me on how idiotic the left is. Being conservative is new counter-culture these days. Though really, I'm more of a Libertarian with a few conservative aspects. Honestly, it's facts over feelings nowadays. If we keep letting feelings get in the way of logic and reason, we will go backwards as a society.
Once I got more we’ll versed with the political compass, I had no idea where to put myself until this past summer. I’m a paleoconservative that leans on the libertarian side. I’m not authoritarian in many ways. I’m more libertarian so I tick down a little bit into that section of the compass. But, either way, conservativism is. It seems conservatism, and even some ways a modified version of traditionalism, is becoming a counter culture. And yeeeeeeees we need to focus on facts. As Ben Shapiro says, “facts don’t care about your feelings.”

But don’t feel too alone with what you believe. There’s more people out there that believe this. They’re just hidden. But hey, you found out Troldmand Troldmand and I agree with you. So don’t feel alone on this website in thinking this way :)

There are two genders, and neither of them like me.
Abortion is highly immoral yet the right to receive one should be accessible, with stringent guidelines.
Day z > PUBG
As Christianity goes out the door, so do the world's peacekeepers and protectors.
Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton are responsible for a majority of problems the US faces today.
Bernie Sanders was unfairly smeared and discriminated against by the DNC and Hillary Clinton.
Hillary Clinton should be in jail.
Campaign Finance Reform and Nuclear Defense are two of the most important issues facing our world today.
The sooner the Koch Brothers die out, the better.

Ay yo hol up
So you be sayin he wasn't a kang?
In seriousness I rank FDR as one of the best presidents of all time, why do you think the opposite?
The New Deal prolonged the Great Depression, and would have lasted longer had it not been for World War II. Also he put people in camps because of their race.

The New Deal prolonged the Great Depression, and would have lasted longer had it not been for World War II. Also he put people in camps because of their race.
Uh, the new deal kind of did help end the great depression. Although I agree that WWII did help end the depression, the new deal definitely did help as well.
And the Interment camps were definitely wrong, but that was the reality at the time and hell, a lot of people didn't like Asians after pearl harbor, and especially after Nazi Germany's surrender. While rounding people up into camps wasn't the best solution, it was really the only thing they could do due to mass hysteria and suspicion. What I'm saying is that what we as a nation didn't know what to do, although what we did was not the best choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back