• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Unmei no Kaze (L5R, Hardcore mode)

Thorn Darkblade

I know lots of things. Lots of things...
I'm looking to see if anyone would be interested in playing L5R, 4th edition. A few details though:

-Rulesset will be L5R, 4th Edition. All official sourcebooks are fair game. I'm also adopting some house rules as well, including crafting.

-This will be a HARD game. You know how most games the GM works with the players? This is NOT one of those. I will play fair. I will play by the rules. I will, however, NOT play nice. Those of you who have played my games before know this is very unlike me. I'm trying a little experiment here.

-L5R social and societal issues will be focused on heavily. If you're unsure, please read up, and ask questions before your character does something. As stated above, I will play fair, but I will not be forgiving.

-Characters will be Ronin. No exceptions. No special favors. You're the scum of the Emerald Empire, and likely to die. Deal with it.

-Some of you WILL die. Possibly all. There is a good chance this game will NOT have a happy conclusion. Heck, it might even not have a happy beginning, depending on how things go.

-There will be a heavy RP focus on this game. Bring your A-game to the forums, :P

-Novice players to L5R are welcome, but, just be warned...this may not be the best game to get your feet wet in this system. I'll help you make your character and point you towards the rules, but it'll be your responsibility to learn said rules.

Now that all that's out of the way, anyone who is still interested, feel free to ask me anything! I'll be choosing somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-4 players for this....maaaaaaaaaybe 5. Maybe. Unlikely, but maybe.

I just finished a epic Emerald Empires group myself. A very grumpy Utaka Battle Maiden. I'd be down to play a ronin. Very curious about the house rules ^_^ . Anyways guess I'm saying I am in if you'll have me.

Genma said:
I just finished a epic Emerald Empires group myself. A very grumpy Utaka Battle Maiden. I'd be down to play a ronin. Very curious about the house rules ^_^ . Anyways guess I'm saying I am in if you'll have me.
Most of the house rules are taken wholecloth from the fan supplement 'Little Truths' (Google it, it's a free fan supplement). It involves a lot of Lore expansions and a much needed overhaul of the crafting system.

Grey said:
Ooh, I remember this. Still have my character, I think.
So does @Alexandra
Huh, you were in the last attempt? I remember Chaka and Reaver were but that was all I remembered :P

Oh, wait, hurr, I'm confusing it with Imperial Histories and the coup.

I wanted to join this but I think it actually closed before I got my sheet finished.

I think this will be fun. I've never looked at the ronin at all before in the past. I however am liking what I see.

Grey said:
Oh, wait, hurr, I'm confusing it with Imperial Histories and the coup.
I wanted to join this but I think it actually closed before I got my sheet finished.
Then here's your chance sir!!!

Yeah, half the people stopped posting. It was like mostly Chaka doin stuff last time sadly. Hopefully this time we'll get steady posters :D

Oh, a bit of additional information: Characters will be built as standard starting characters, with a bonus 5 XP for answering the 20 questions in the core book, and an additional 5 for answering the second set of 20 questions, in conjunction with a good backstory

Gimme until tomorrow to pore over the books I have access to.

Or PM me if you want something specific for plot-shenanigans.

Naw, I can work with anything. Only plot specific thing I should mention to everyone is you're currently being held in Crane lands, awaiting execution. Considering you're ronin, it's also not exactly proper samurai jail either. Enjoy the poop on the floor.

I thought someone pitched failed ninja?

I almost want to go with Spider-fanboy, assuming we're in the Taint-by-consent timeline.

Oh, yeah, Morde is failed ninja, my mistake, ^-^;

And, yes, we're in current timeline, under Empress Iweko. You going with a tainted character Grey? I likey.

Debating concepts.

Both clan ronin based.

Yoritomo whose lord went too far and got himself sepukku-lost.

Ronin whose daddy was a Kitsuki who just determined to push too far in non-Dragon territory, and knows the basics of the Kitsuki method.

I want to be clear, which sounds better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back