• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unleash the Beasts(closed until further notice)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"We just need to make sure you know how to shift quickly and easily. From there we'll work on incorporating into you fighting style." He explained he sat opposite of her, leaning back with his arms crossed behind his head.

Maries blueish white gaze flicked to the new male as he said something about her pout and too close for comfort. "Obviously it's too close or i wouldnt have moved." She growled at him, rolling her eyes as the crystal on her neck changed to a blood red. Her eyes switched to Ben and Lila, scoffing at how nervous Ben was. His feeling for her was obvious and it made Marie want to gag. She wasn't big on the whole getting to know each other. And it mildly annoyed her that they all kept trying to get to know her. Can't they give it a break?? She huffed silently to herself, trying to ignore the crow man next to her. She hoped that her ignoring him would give him the idea to back off.
Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

The raven let out a sigh, crossing his arms over his chest. "No wonder no one wants to be your friend. I know I'm annoying, but you're down right bitchy. It's surprising that these people try so hard for someone as ungrateful as you." He shrugged gently, his tone cool and calm. "I suppose its their fixation on fixing something broken. But what's the point in trying to fix you?" He looked back to her, his eyes dark. It wasn't a hostile look, but rather a hollow one, only offering her a reflection.
Ben's hand sliding over her's locked her in place. Normally she wasn't one for physical contact, but he clearly needed it. She remained where she was, listening quietly to his contradicting statements. "Well.. I may not be good with talking, but my hearing is pretty keen, so if you ever want to tell someone I'm here." She offered him a kind smile, staying beside him.

Ben gives a small smile to Lila, "T-thank you Lila I... I really appreciate it I just need a minute to get my thoughts in order to..." He stops, hearing Johnathan call Marie bitchy. He lets out a slow shaky breath, not this... not again... Ben holds tightly to Lila's hand trying to use it to help him let it go. 'Marie is strong...she can take care of herself...' He starts to grit his teeth, 'She will be fine just focus on...' He feels his blood chill and a wave of anger passes over him, what's the point... there's always a point... you can't just... He gives one last, slightly sad look at Lila before releasing her hand, Ben's once shaky voice now booms through the room, "HEY!" He walks around Lila to stand in front of Johnathan, fists clenched and towering over the other male. "You don't get to decide who's worth it! You don't know us...know any of our stories! You don't know what she's been through to make her like this, what I've been through to make me like this!" He shakes a clenched fist as if to show him. "Look at her!" He points to Marie, "You haven't seen what she had to deal with, the way we found her, the man after her, the scars covering her...." He stops turning back to Marie, his voice suddenly quiet again," I...I'm so sorry I didn't... it wasn't my place to..." He purses his lips, feeling that he screwed up even more. Without another word he storms out of the inn hoping the others don't notice the hopeless tears forming in his eyes and shifts. Ignoring the yell of protest from a guard he runs off into the nearby brush, he runs a few more feet to the thicker trees. Giving a roar of frustration he gives several punches to a nearby pine tree, stripping the bark off and raining pine needles and pine cones around him. Finally spent with his anger he shifts back and collapses beneath the pine tree, panting and knuckles bloody.

Johnathan rolled his eyes as Ben stepped in front of him. If the damn monkey could just mind his own business. His immediate thought was to admit that he wasn't anyone to judge, but neither were they. Who were they to try and fix someone who seemed so hell bent on remaining broken. Of course he figured Marie didn't want to stay broken, and was hoping she would come to the same conclusion until the ape decided to play hero. He pinched the bridge of his in annoyance. It was not going to plan, but it was possible the outcome would be similar. Maybe, as a common enemy, Marie would get bad at Johnathan and connect with Ben. It wasn't orthodox, but he supposed it might work the same. Unfortunately it would again lead to him being ostracized.
Lila eyes widen as she watched Ben storm off to intervene in a conversation she was unaware was taking place. She flinched as his voice boomed in the small enclosure. The loud sound felt familiar and rattling, but she didn't have time for that. With a glance between the two remaining members of the group, Lila sighed before transforming and heading out to hopefully find Ben. How hard could a rampaging gorilla be to find?

Marie shut off Johnathan's words and ignored anything he said to her. She didn't care what he had to say to her, nor did it bother her. She heard the words about fixing her but she just huffed and walked away a bit. She didn't care. Her mind was elsewhere until Ben ran past her. All of a sudden rage filled her as she whipped around to face a irritated Johnathan. Her blue eyes turned a wolf like white as she got right in his face and snarled, "i didn't fucking chose to be with this group of misfits nor to be fixed or whatever you said to me. Im fine the way i am and if you think i need to be fixed then there is something wrong with your stuck up ass." She pointed her finger in the direction that Ben went as she snarled once more, "I don't know what happened but that ape," she spat in his face, "is the only one that I tolerate. If you ever, ever do any kind of damage to him I'll fucking make sure you will be a wingless bird. You're lucky I'm not plucking every feather you have off right now you twit." She snarled in his face with pure anger as she whipped around. Her senses were on edge as she the scent trail of Ben laid out in front of her. She had a million eyes on her cause of her anger fit with the man so shifting right now wouldn't be a good idea. Instead, her eyes stayed their wolfish color as she followed the trail without saying a word to the others.

The shouts of guards and nearby civilians tipped the bird off, drifting off in the direction Ben presumably was. The large silver back was easily spotted disappearing into the forest. Lila beat her wings against the air, picking up speed. She gently landed on one of the low hanging branches. The clearly shaken ape sat beneath a torn up tree, head down, blood dripping from his hands. The sight set off a number of primal warnings telling her to run, but Lila instead shifted, dropping down quietly in front of him. "Ben," her voice was soft in an attempt to prevent frightening him and setting off a possible attack. Her mouth opened to further question him or try to comfort him, but nothing came out. She couldn't find any words that seemed to do justice to the genuine fear she had for his mental well being. After a moment of hesitance she simple walked up to him, dropped to her knees, and wrapped her arms around him. "I'm sorry," she finally managed to mumble.
Johnathan stared at her, watching as she threatened him with comical harm. It was unfortunate to see himself become the bad guy in her eyes, but it worked. She opened up to caring. Hopefully now she would start to accept the people around her. Johnathan stuck his hands deep in his back pockets, standing in the middle of the inn: alone. The keeper of the inn peered out anxiously from around the back door. He opened his mouth to ask what happened, but stopped seeing a look on Johnathan's face. A look he hadn't seen in quite a long time.

Ben watched his tears drip off his nose and land silently on the forest floor beneath him, he had done it again... let his emotions get the better of him and it ended like it had several times before. With him feeling hopeless and his spirit fractured, this time with some added extras, he could feel his fingers starting to throb with pain. Fighting with the feeling that he deserved it, this pain and humiliation of letting his feelings rule him, he didn't hear Lila land in front of him. With his eyes on the dirt and mud covering his boots he didn't see her either. He finally heard something, a soft and quiet voice: just his name. He believed he wanted to be alone, just leave me to my wallowing and rage, they will fuel each other for quite a while. Suddenly she was there, holding him and apologizing, feeling more tears appear he buries his face in her shoulder. Turning towards her face he whimpers "Wh-what do you have to be sorry for... I just... I'm just not a good person... don't waste your efforts on me, I..." He stops, barely able to keep his voice level, and rests his head against hers. He needed it, damn the consequences, it felt good to know someone still cared. "I'm...I'm sorry L-Lila i didn't mean to... I just..." Ben's lips clamp shut, feeling a new wave of...his own mix of rage, shame, and misery, just give up on me... he wants to say but holds his tongue.

Lila felt tears dampen the fabric of her shirt. This only made her grip tighten on him. This kind of emotion wasn't something she was accustomed to, but it felt all too familiar. It felt as though that she didn't hold onto him she would lose the feeling again. She felt her own breath shake within her chest. His whimpers and sputters felt like her own. "I've seen some horrible things Ben.. I-I try to forget them. I pretend they don't exist and for a while it seems to work.." Her eyes became glossy with emotion. What was happening to her? Why was she saying these things? After so many nights of trying to ignore the thoughts, why was she digging them up now? "The point is," she turned to look at him, finding his gaze was already on her. "I've met some horrible people, Ben, and you are not a bad person. Far from it." She rested her head back against his, letting her eyes close. She choked back the emotions, telling herself she wouldn't let this be her breaking point. She couldn't fall apart when someone needed her.

It didn't take the female to find Ben, Lila already beat her there. She didn't make her presence known, seeing as the two were having a moment. She turned around when she saw that the ape was safe and went back to where she left the crow boy. She wasn't angry anymore, instead her anger crossed with confusion as she saw the look on his face. "Why are you making that face?" She asked, scowling at him. He was the one that brought out the caring side of her and she despised that out of this man, but maybe it's a good thing. What more can this man make the heartless she-wolf feel??
Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

Ben gives a final soft sob before nodding against her. “Th-thank you Lila... that’s really nice of you to say.” Feeling a pang I’d guilt rocket through him as he hears her breathing hitch and shake. No I didn’t want to make her upset to, that wasn’t my plan, well... what even was my plan... He shakes off his sadness for a moment and taking care not to get blood on his company he wraps his arms under Lila’s. “Hey... please don’t worry, I’ll be all right.. I just needed to let off some steam. It will be just fine...” Ben tentatively starts to rub her back, not sure if anything he does will remedy her, but wanting to do something... anything if it had a chance to make her feel better. “If you need to talk I will listen... I j just don’t want to push you too hard I... oww” He retracts his hands a little having accidentally touched the cuts on his knuckles. “S sorry I’m right here for what you need just...” He pulls back slightly, an ashamed blush on his face, and continues “ If you could help with my hands I would appreciate it...” He grins sheepishly and releases his hold around her. I hope she will feel comfortable at least letting me help her feel better, even if it is just to forget again for a while. As she puts it- it seems to help if only for a time.

Normally, Lila wasn't the type to enjoy physical contact, but there was something about Ben's arms holding her to him that seemed to ease the pain in her chest. She gave a small nod before flinching at his sudden retraction. A light smile pulled at her face as the gorilla seemed to return to his somewhat shy state. "Of course, that's what I'm good at after all." She carefully took a hold of his hands, examining the gashes and bruises that had already start to set in. "I'll need some of my things back at the inn to treat this properly." Taking a moment to breathe deeply, Lila rose to her feet and stuck out a hand to her friend. "Ready?"
Johnathan stood in the lobby for quite a while, considering to move on, when Marie came back, wearing her usual scowl. He raised an eyebrow as she questioned him. "I have no idea what you're talking about." He stated simply before taking a step towards the front door. He figured it would be appropriate to wait outside for the others to return, say goodbye to them, possibly apologize to the monkey. He wasn't certain yet, though he figured leaving was going to be a given. With the looks he had received in the past ten minutes, it only seemed logical.

Ben nods before taking her hand but not wanting to tip her balance with his sheer height and muscle he mostly stands up on his own, his gaze fixed on hers. His shy smile broadens a little and he laughs, “Mhmm! The best doctor around!” He looks at her, leveled out again and feeling a little better, with her behind him he makes his way through the brush back towards the inn. Seeing Johnathan standing outside his heart falls into his stomach, he hadn’t expected to see him outside nor so soon. I don’t really have a plan here, nor do I know him well enough to make one, shit... He weighs his options and feelings as he closes the distance, no real change in his pace. At the last second he finally locks on his plan and without a word approaches Johnathan and embraces him in a hug. He holds him for a second before backing off and muttering “S-sorry... I just...” He huffs at himself and takes the second to find his words. “I meant to say that I apologize for snapping at you, a and for not being so nice to you since I met you... I’d hope you could give me another shot to be civil to you. You’ve helped Lila and for that you have my thanks.” He shuffles his feet awkwardly, genuinely wanting to be nice but not sure if anything he could do would be enough, as he feels so ashamed for how he acted.

Johnathan swore to himself as he noticed the familiar mountain of a man come walking his way. He imagined he was about to get one hell of a beating. A shame really, considering his hair seemed to be cooperating so well today. His expression was blank, but his heart slammed against his chest as the adrenaline started to course through him. Ben's constant pace wasn't helping his rising fear. Shit, shit, shit, here we go. Johnathan braced himself, feeling all muscles tighten, but was left utterly surprised when the gorilla pulled him in for a hug. He was.. sorry? What the hell was going on? Johnathan's eyebrows furrowed as he watched Ben shuffle awkwardly. "Are you serious? I'm an asshole and you're asking for my forgiveness?" He asked incredulously before laughing. "Holy crap, you have no idea how scared you had me." He set his hand on Ben's shoulder. "You have no reason to be sorry. I'm the one who acted out of line." The raven's gaze flicked over to Lila. Clearly she must have said something to keep Ben from pulverizing him. He'd have to thank her later. "We'll just call it even alright? Start from scratch." He offered a dopey grin before stretching out his hand to Ben. Once Ben took his hand he noticed the blood that caked his knuckles. That could've been my blood.

Lucy

"Okay, I'll go ahead and get ready to shift, so maybe it won't take very long." She agreed, closing her eyes. Memories of spending time in her beast form with her family surged upwards, a fond smile blooming on her face. She spun her bracelet around her wrist, a simple silver band set with a red stone. Everyone in her immediate family was some form of feline, her mother being a puma. She'd given Lucy the bracelet to remember her by when it was time for Lucy to move away from home. "It's nice to remember your roots sometimes, y'know?" She said, seemingly out of the blue. A nostalgic mood had hit her. "I'm happy I have something I can easily carry with me, to remember my family." She confided.

She'd known Hunter for a week, now, maybe a day or two longer. It was a short time, all things considered. For some reason he felt like an anchor. Lucy wouldn't consider him more than a friend, nor did she think it would ever go past that, but he was clearly a natural leader. Somehow he was easy to talk to.

kenryuko kenryuko

Hunter only only gave a small smile as lucy mentioned family and remembering. He couldn't really understnad the idea. It kept just let him get attached and emotional. Maybe it was because the closest thing he had to keepsakes were scars. That wasn't her problem though. "Sorry, I can't relate. Never really had anyone close to me." He replied, gazing at the bracelet, shining just ever so slightly in the wind. He snapped his attention back to lucy, "whenever you're ready."

Lucy

She offered Hunter a tight smile upon learning that he was without any loved ones. Comforting others wasn't her strong suit. Trying to hide the slight pity in her eyes, knowing that nobody liked to be pitied or felt sorry for, she stood up and dusted off. It's now or never. There was hardly any point in waiting around. The shift came easy enough, and Lucy felt her form distort and reform into something different. It was refreshing, but as she changed she felt a sharp tug and a mental shift. Static.

Four paws hit the ground. The animals ears swerved, facing behind the leopard to listen for anything behind. Birdsong. Strong scent of trees. Person. Person? Her eyes opened, pupils thin and sharp. Amber eyes locked onto the human form before her. Bad. She crouched low and backed away. Go. Spitting and hissing, the fur on the back of her neck bristled. Claws extended, she lashed out with a paw. Warning. Do not come. When she had backed away a sufficient distance, she turned and ran, looking for an escape. Go far.

She ran for long minutes. Getting tired. Her head turned, looking about. Lots of trees. Cover. She set to work climbing, her ankles locking as she sunk her claws into soft bark. Pulling herself up, she settled in a branch which she felt she could safely jump from. Tree is too vertical to climb down. Needs to curve.

Hunter's widened as Lucy started to hiss and spit, "shit." He muttered, knowing what had happened. She was feral. He attempted to keep himself from appearing as a threat, only to watch as she ran. "Why is this is the third time ive had to do this?" He asked himself with a sigh as he turned to get the others, though not before noticing a silvery glint on the ground. It was Lucy's bracelet. "She must have dropped it during the shift." He smiled to himself as he picked it up and putting it into his pocket.

He ran to the inn, spotting Johnathan and ben talking while lila and Marie were off to the side somewhat, "sorry to interrupt the bromance but we have a problem." he spoke with a cold, but calm voice "Lucy went feral." He stated as his eyes scanned across the group. "She ran into the woods. We better start searching before it's too late to bring her back."

Ben glances up at Johnathan’s reaction, he had been looking down at his feet and hoping that Johnathan would believe him and know that he was being genuinely sorry. “N no I’m the asshole... I overreacted and... I don’t know...” Ben grimaces, really unsure of what else to say. Flinching at him talking about how scared he was Ben feels a new wave of shyness and guilt come over him. “S sorry I didn’t mean to... I just get angry sometimes and I really shouldn’t have lost it... I didn’t mean to scare you.” He breathes a sigh of relief when Johnathan says they can start over, “ Thank you Johnathan I really appreciate it... I don’t want any bad blood between us...” He grimaces again as Johnathan takes his hand and notices the blood taking on a darker maroon color on his knuckles and fingers. “S sorry poor choice of words...” He grins sheepishly until he notices Hunter approaching them. “ What?! Where’d she run off to? We should try to split up and find her right?” He glances around at the rest of the group, he looks at Lila and smiles. “I guess we will have to fix my hands later” Looking back at everyone and seeing that they were all ready to go he makes his way back to where Hunter and Lucy were training. Noticing the claw marks on the ground Ben follows them to the start of the forest where they disappear into the brush. Shifting himself he turns back to the others and calls out “I’ll see if I can find her!” and then bounds off, crashing through the leaves and branches. Hopefully she hasn’t gone too far... although she could go anywhere by now. Hoping to find her quicker he picks up his pace, grumbling at all the branches slapping his arms and shoulders. He hoped he wasn’t making so much noise as the scare her off. Maybe she’s found a place to be comfortable and not so skittish so I can try to calm her... Glancing up in the trees every so often he continues to search for the girl, desperately hoping to find her soon and to not have her slip away and disappear. Although she probably already knows I’m here, with all this noise, Ben sighs softly and shifts back. He calls out “Lucy!” He listens but hears nothing “Lucy!!” He calls again, louder this time. “What am I going to do...” he mutters to himself.

Marie's eyes were fixed on Johnathan as Ben walked up. Watching him to make sure he didn't do anything to hurt the man. When he started laughing and joking with Ben, she looked away and backed away. She got herself out of the situation quick. When she heard Hunter come back and talk about Lucy being feral, she snorted. "The smart mouth girl?? Feral? Hard to believe she can hurt someone." She huffed. She didn't want to go after this girl. The girl annoyed her and she felt no reason to.

Lila couldn't help but smile watching her big goof shuffle around shyly- wait did she say her goof? What on earth would possess her into thinking such a thing? It must've been an overwhelming day. Of course, Lila didn't feel tired or exhausted, but the lapse in thought led to believe she must have been. With Hunter's return the thought was quickly discarded. Just like the others, she shifted, preparing herself to scour the surrounding area. Marie's comments didn't come as much of a surprise, though they were counter intuitive at a time like this. Johnathan considered interjecting, but after the current events he figured it would only cause the wolf to complain or roll her eyes at the least, things he wasn't particularly in the mood for. Both birds had shifted and hovered near the group before breaking off once Ben had run off to begin his search.

Lucy

The forest provided good shelter. She crouched in her branch, her tail hanging below. Crashing, movement. Branches bend and snap into place a few yards away. Reluctantly, she slinks further up. Too high and she will need to hop down branches to leave the tree. Dangerous. Takes time. Wood splinters and cracks as her claws push into it, a few pieces of bark chip off and fall to the ground. A couple leaves rustle. She keeps her eyes on the patch of moving underbrush from her new, higher perch. From it emerges a large, dark-haired creature. It changes. Now stands a person. He calls, strange sounds strike a distant chord. Unsettled, the leopard balls up tight, hoping for the green leaves to hide her. Her coloring did not best suit the environment.

Ben slowly turns, still muttering to himself about how he is going to find Lucy, and with a sudden rustle nearby he whips around and scans the direction the noise came from. "L-lucy?" He calls out softly and tentatively, "...is that you?" his eyes flick about and with a sigh of relief he spots her, or at least he hopes so but how many leopards could there be in this forest. He takes a slow steps forward not wanting to spook her, his hands out by his sides and his voice low and calm, "Lucy? It's me...Ben... I know your scared right now but I can help I promise... just let me get a little closer and we can figure this out ok?" He's partly unsure if she can even understand him but his own talk is keeping his movements slow and he hopes that-that is enough. Finally making it within a few feet of the tree he stops, not wanting to negate his slow and tedious progress to get this close. "I'll just stay right here ok Lucy? I won't get any closer... I don't mean you any harm just come down from the tree so I can help..." In a last attempt at seeming non-threatening he sits down cross-legged on the forest floor, just glancing up at the clearly skittish cat, "I'll just wait right here and let you get used to my presence ok? Just don't jump off anywhere alright? Just stay put and I can start to help you..." Ben glances around, if she takes off along the branches I might not be able to keep up with her because even as a gorilla I have to stick to the ground... He grumbles to himself, unsure of how he can mitigate her flight risk, 'just let her calm down and get used to me, then maybe I can get a little closer...'

Marie grunted when everyone left her to go look for the girl. She was alone for once. Everyone was worried for the girl. She was just the only one that wasn't. Marie was content on being alone for a while until she started getting weird looks from the people around her. She felt awkward. She's been around that group for so long she was comfort with them being gone now. Was she getting used to them? It was like she wanted them around her. She huffed at herself and rolled her eyes as she started walking towards the edge of town. They were all in the forest, running after that now feral, annoying girl. Why did they care so much over her? She Was annoying, didn't really know how to fight. Why was she so important to all of them? So many questions ran through Marie's head as she walked to the edge of town. One question reached her mind as she finally reached the edge. Why was she so important to them? They took her in without much thought and took all her hatred that she lashed out. No matter how mean she was they still gave her the time of day and a second chance. She sighed as her eyes scanned the forest ahead of her. Maybe these guys can be trusted. She was still uneasy with the idea, but she might give it a shot.

Lucy​

More strange sounds. They were soft this time. Not so loud. The gorilla-person slowly moved towards her, prompting a hiss. He stopped and sat, still garbling out oddly familiar sounds. The leopard growled low in her chest but did not flee. She did not take her eyes off the not-so-unknown stranger. Sudden movement would send her running, but to make a quick escape she would need to leap from her perch high in the tree. The ground looked far away. Too far. Cautiously, she crept down a couple branches, until there was a gap too large to simply step down onto. She bared her fangs. Do not come closer. This height felt safer to jump from. Her shoulders stiffened, ready to push off and set her running if anything came too close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back