• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unleash the Beasts(closed until further notice)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ben nods at Hunter, "Yeah, here" he says tossing him the pouch to him. Now quite less affluent Ben walks over and sits down on the cobble stone street, head tilted quizzically at Marie, not sure how to proceed with her. So he sits there a pace or so away, knowing she will probably need him or Hunter to help her to the inn once the group got in motion again. As much as he figured she didn't like it Ben guessed she knew it was necessary for the time being, until she was well enough to walk under her own power. 'Maybe this will get her to trust us?' even though it hasn't worked thus far, Ben hoped that she was starting to warm up to them and the fact that they wanted to help her. 'If she even decides to stick with us, because we can't keep her with us if she doesn't want to stay. Even if we want to protect her.'

Hunter caught the bag and glanced at marie with a small sigh, "well, we better get moving ao we can get anything we need done before nightfall." He commented as he walked ahead of the other, he knew where the inn was without much trouble. When the group finally reached the inn, he placed the money on the counter, "2 rooms." He requested, his eyes watching as the elderly man glanced at the coins then the group

Last edited:
Lucy

2 rooms? That didn't sound right. Lucy counted the number of people they had, pointing to each and mouthing the number. Huh. "Wait, are we doubling up?" She asked, though it should have been obvious that Hunter wasn't gonna pay for each to have their own room. "As long as I don't have to sleep with Marie, I don't want to wake up dead." She agreed, surprisingly not too upset about the whole arrangement. Maybe her tune would change if whoever she ended up with kept her up too late. Lucy, being a morning person, can be quite the grumpy handful if she doesn't get her full night of rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marie was nowhere with the group and not realizing she was gonna have to share a room with someone. The woman was out picking clothes like she was told she needed. Being stuck in these clothes her old master gave her still made her feel like he still controlled a part of her. She wasn't his property anymore, wasn't in his hands anymore. He may still be after her and want her head on his wall, but at the moment he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

As she hobbled into a clothing store, she honestly didn't know what to look for. She looked clueless and tattered. The shopkeepers could clearly see this in her and took pity on her. At first, she didn't accept their kindness, until they picked out a whole new outfit for her. What they picked out for her fit her and her something fit for long travels. She came out of the dressing room in a grey dry-fit t-shirt with tattered jeans and some grey tennis shoes.

She felt weird being in something new, but also felt new and great. Her hand reached for the pink collar around her neck, the last thing of ownership of her. Her hands reached up and unlatched it with a sigh of relief, her blue eyes scanning over newly dressed body. Her neck felt bare. Nothing was on her that showed she was owned. It felt good. The shopkeepers was going to let her go with the clothes without paying, felt bad for her. Before she walked out, the shopkeepers daughter stopped Marie and handed her a little necklace with a clear Crystal in it. The little girl wouldn't take it back from Marie, just smiled and walked away.

Marie walked a bit with the necklace before looking at it in her hand. She sighed and put it on. In a instant the clear Crystal turned a deep grey, surprising Marie but she didn't think much of it. She couldn't see it that well as it was so close to her neck, but she could feel it burning. She hobbled back to the others, Marie looking like a new person. She looked between all of them, her hostile look was back as she saw the look of surprise on Lucy's face.
Seabourne Seabourne kenryuko kenryuko Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness Meglivorn Meglivorn

"You look good." Hunter commented as he looked marie over once, "anyways you'll be bunking with me tonight." He notified her as he turned back a finished signing a registration. He placed the pen down and stetched, groaning a little, "we still have some daylight to burn..." he muttered as a looked at the clock reading 5:53. "Come on Lucy. You can use time to get some combat practice in." He stated looking to the younger female.

Lucy

As Marie entered with new clothes, Lucy had to admit that she already looked better than she had in the tattered rags she'd previously worn. Still, Marie was an enemy in her mind, so all she got was a small glare before she turned her head to focus on Hunter when he mentioned combat practice. She'd done fairly well with it so far, and was certainly better off than when she'd left Gemono a week ago. "Right, good idea." She agreed, jerking her head in a quick nod. As the days passed it was easier to adjust to the idea of being in fights and doing mercenary work, even if she still had much more to learn. "Where should we go for that?"

"I think the local guard's teaining grounds are open." He looked to Lila and Ben, "I'll let you guys finosh up your business here. Come.find us if you need anything." He stated before turning to Marie again, "you know how to find us if anything goes wrong." He turned and left with Lucy in tow, "I'm thinking we should incorporate your beast form more." The crowd was thinner than it was when the group had first arrived at noon.

Ben smiles at Marie when she returns to the group, he nods along with the others before adding, "See?! You could blend in with anyone, no need to feel like people are looking at you. Just a normal girl, a little rough around the edges but" He drops his voice to a whisper with a smile, "I know you're just a big softy." He smiles at Marie before turning to Hunter, "You got it boss!" He laughs softly at Hunter as he heads out with Lucy. Turning back to Marie and Lila he asks, "So now... what trouble are going to," He does finger quotes, " 'not get into'... as if!" Ben laughs some more, not sure if he is being a little too goofy and comfortable but he was in a good mood and he liked sharing it with others. He turns to the elderly man behind the counter, "You won't rat us out right?" hoping his goofy smile would help him get the joke.

Once they all entered the inn Johnathan took a hold of Lila's hand and made a bee-line to the back room. Of course this went unnoticed, as he was a stranger to the group and Lila was too quiet for anyone but Ben to notice. The back door led to a small kitchen with stone trimming along the wall. An old woman sat at the wooden table, sipping a drink that smelled of bitter leaves. Her face quickly lit up spotting the familiar face. "Johnathan!" She held out her hands, coaxing him closer. "Good evening Mrs. Morgan, how have you been?"
Lila drowned out the small talk, taking a moment to appreciate the quaint room. Pots and pans hung from hooks on a nearby wall and an old oven took up a good portion of the floor. Beside the oven were counter tops, and shelves covered with cans and preservatives. The crow's attention quickly returned the conversation though as she heard her name spoken.
"This is my new friend Lila. She runs a sort of clinic in one of the other towns." He spoke slowly and clearly, making sure the old woman could keep up. "She came here to gather materials and you wouldn't mind helping a fellow healer!" All the wrinkles on the woman's face lifted as she grinned, obviously elated. She took a hold of Lila's hands. She held on so tightly, but her skin was cold and delicate like paper, and with one wrong move Lila wasn't certain the woman's bones would snap like dried twigs. "It's so nice to meet a fellow healer!" The old woman cheered. She truly seemed like a sweet woman. A light smile pulled onto Lila's face as she nodded.

Lucy

"I think I can try that." she agreed, "but it may take me a moment to shift. It's not reflex like it used to be." She said with a hollow laugh. Lucy had shifted more often as a child, and enjoyed spending time in her beast form. As time went on she shifted less and less, and longer spans of time separated her shifts. Still, she was certain she could do it, and was even a little excited to be able to spend some time in her other form. She'd forgotten how much she used to like shifting. "What are your plans for it? I'm fast and my senses are drastically better, and if I remember correctly I can jump very high. Is any of that useful for fighting?"

"Only if you learn how to use it and shift on the fly. I personally incorporate shifts, both partial and full, into my style." He explained with a shrug, "better to have a claw than a fist." The crowd disappered the farther they left the center of town, the sound sounds of birds replacing the noisy people as the training ground came into veiw. It was empty, "good. More room to work." He walked to the other end of a sparing ring, stretching. The bones popping were audible even from where Lucy was standing.

Lucy

She cringed at the sound of Hunters joints cracking, taking the time to stretch out her own limbs. The birds were discordant, but still pleasant, each carrying it's own tune. "What'll it be today?" she asked, not knowing what to expect aside from shifting. Her excitement to shift grew, as memories came to her from years ago. She could almost feel the change already, surprised to find herself slipping into the mindset so easily. Like riding a bike, it's hard to forget something that's such a large part of you, even if it's been distant.

"You have dodging and blocking down well enough for now. Lets take the offensive this time." He challenged with a smirk as he felling into a low stance, left in front of his right and his feet spreada little farther than shoulder length. One arm raised in front of him and his right hand roughly inline with his diaphragm.

The conversation went much smoother than Lila had anticipated. The woman was delighted to help her and thought the idea of a trade route would be a good idea with the rise in taxes. More options in medicines meant more customers. Lila thanked the woman furiously for her generosity and hospitality. The old woman simply laughed. "Your mother and father must be so proud of you, raising such a polite and smart young lady." Lila's face went blank for a moment. What would her parents think of her? Would they be proud? Lila snapped back to the old woman and painted on a fake smile. "I'd like to think so," she responded before exiting the room and rejoining the others. Johnathan simply observed the interaction, taking note of the shift in the crow's behavior at the mentioning of her parents. He followed her out to hear the end of Ben's question. "Trouble, huh? Sounds like a good time." He slid his hands in his back pockets, leaning on the heels of his feet in a way gravity wasn't most fond of.

• Marie was about to growl at hunter and snap about sharing a room with him but he left before she could. She didn't want to share a room? She would rather sleep outside than be in a cage like room. Not to mention she's never slept inside a place other than a actual cage outside. She didn't know what to expect when she went inside a hotel room. Her mind was snapped back into reality when Ben came up to her with a grin and spoke about her having a soft heart. She scoffed and was gonna say something once more but Lila and the new guy showed back up. She rolled her eyes at how cheery the new guy showed up and she moved off and away from the group a little bit.

Ben still felt indifferent to Johnathan, not the jealousy that he had felt burning it's way in his heart from earlier but he knew it would take some time before he felt... he didn't quite know. He wasn't too keen on wanting to be his friend or anything of the sort, Ben felt that even in the presence of him that his blood started to boil. Why? He hasn't done anything to slight me, nor has he been anything but helpful to us. Then why am I unable to tolerate him, why does that smug smile and posture irritate me so much! He had to take a breath, calm down before his emotions got the better of him and he set his mind on fighting the newcomer for no reason other than he had a talent for fueling a cold rage in his chest. He glanced at Marie scoffing and retreating off to the side, she must be as annoyed with this guy as I am! He hoped, but wasn't too sure on her thoughts as that reaction has been bestowed on practically everyone in our group, myself included. Ben smiles at how childlike the behavior has become, what will irk Marie today, 'I guess it makes sense though... she hasn't been around people who actually want to enjoy her company and her person before.' He ponders that for a moment before turning to Lila and asking, "So how did it go? Did you find everything you were looking for? Will you be needing to head back to your Grandpa soon?" He smiles at her before realizing he had completely ignored Johnathan, but Ben was utterly surprised to find that his actions didn't bother him. More accurately they made him feel good in a 'tell everyone you don't like to screw off' kind of way, his emotions fought with this idea, he knew in his heart it wasn't him and that he shouldn't be acting like this... but why did it seem so easy? Why was it so easy for him to be mean to Johnathan when he felt like he shouldn't no matter how much he wanted to. Maybe he wasn't as kind as he thought... The realization made him disappointed in himself, I'm not the kind person I thought I was, in if I'm not that... what do I even... His mind starts to race and his smile fades, even as Lila starts talking. Ben's eyes dart up and down a few times before resting on the floor, semi-lost in thought and unsure of what he should be doing anymore, he always was the peacekeeper, friendly to everyone and always there to be kind to you but now it seems to all just crumble away with just this one action. With his brain running way to fast, making him believe that he has failed with just this one action, irredeemable forever, it takes a lot of his concentration to not become visibly upset. So he just stands there, shuffling his feet shyly and unsure of any step he could make.

Lila paid no mind to Marie as she separated herself from the others. Johnathan, on the other hand, did. He raised an eyebrow, watching her casually. "Too close for comfort?" He finally said, watching the natural pout on the girl's face. "It's a shame you're such a pouty thing. I bet you would be a lot more fun with a smile." He took his fingers and traced a grin on his own face.
The crow girl nodded at Ben's question, opening her mouth to begin when she noticed the sudden shift in Ben's expression. The way he held himself seemed to drop, his feet shuffling anxiously. "Is something the matter, Ben?" She inquired lightly. The gorilla seemed to be a person who responded positively to contact, so gently she set a hand on his large arm, dwarfing her hand in comparison.

Ben lifts his head slightly at her touch, 'S-she actually cares... about me..' He doesn't know what to do, unsure of how to express himself especially with Johnathan and Marie around although they seem to be involved in there conversation. "N-no...w-well yes but..." He mumbles awkwardly, glancing at the small delicate hand on his arm, thinking about how warm it feels. "I-I'm not sure I just... I don't know..." He says, sighing at his own failed explanation, 'maybe she will think I just need something and will stick around... but I don't know if she will...' He tosses ideas over in his head, still too unsure of himself to do anything other than to place his own hand on the back of hers, desperately hoping it doesn't scare her away. He looks back shyly at her intelligent but kind gaze, feeling the hairs on the back of his neck stand up as their eyes meet. The continued gaze causes him to twitch ever so slightly and his face lights up in a blush of embarrassment as he hopes that she didn't notice it, or at the very least know that she was the reason. "I... umm... it's...it's n-nothing..." he bites his lip to prevent any further mumbling outbursts, just holding her hand and silently praying she just stays where she is, he just wants her kindness but believes his actions will scare her off. But how can he help it w-when she looks l-like that... Ben mentally kicks himself trying to stay still and calm but it is a quickly failing response.

Lucy

She sunk towards the ground, mimicking Hunter's stance. She held herself stable, ready to hold her ground and defend herself. "You want me to attack first?" She asked, unused to initiating the training. Readying up, she shifted her stance to prepare to go at him. Wracking her mind for ways she could advance, she decided that she would dart straight ahead and go for the chest. Lucy took a minute to size Hunter up, before leaning back and springing forward to meet Hunter. Fist wound up to punch, she aimed for the center of Hunter's torso, her other arm clumsily held up to protect herself if Hunter struck back.

kenryuko kenryuko

Hunter didn't react until the last minute, grabbing Lucy's wrist, and directing the punch to the left, "You're broadcating movements. It makes you easy to read." He stated, backing away, "try not wind up."

Lucy

Stepping back again, she huffed and stuck her lip out. She set herself again, then reared back a bit less before running back at Hunter. Delaying her next punch, she waited until she was in danger of just running into Hunter before pulling back and trying to land a hit in the same place. It was slow and sloppier, but hopefully less predictable. Stray hairs were already falling from her ponytail, two or three strands hanging in her face. As she trained she was certain it would become wild and unmanageable.

Hunter ducked, hooking his shin with Lucy's, and sweeped forward, causing the rookie to lose footing. "That's why you don't rear back. Moves your center of of gravity too much and makes moves like that easier." He explained as he helped the brunette back to her feet. "Watch." He settled into a basic boxing stance, and threw a punch. There was no noticeable wind up of pull back, just the appendages moving form point A to point B. "You want to be able to do that with every move you can. The only reasons you'd wind up is either your body already postioned in a way for it. Or you're winding up a haymaker."

Lucy

"Right, okay." she grunted, acknowledging his advice. She tried again, putting focus into her timing and taking care to not wind up. Each time Hunter deflected her attack as if he were merely swatting away a bug, but Lucy felt like she was beginning to improve. After several tries she managed to throw punches without cocking her fist back, even if she had to focus on it to do so. Her brows were furrowed in concentration, sweat beginning to bead on her forehead. Clearly she didn't get much exercise as a waitress.

Hunter smiled, a glimmer of pride shining in his eyes, "good. Keep it up and you'll be able to give Matie a run for her money." He chuckled, ruffling the smaller woman's hair just to mess with her. "Let's take a break, then we'll move on to your beast form."

Lucy

It was no time at all before Lucy sunk to the ground, leaning back on her palms to rest. Beaming with pride in herself, she regained her breath and gave Hunter a crooked smirk. "Not entirely hopeless, yeah?" She asked, thinking of just a week ago when she would've never dreamed of being a mercenary. She hoped that she would be able to complete jobs on her own once she got through this, though her services might not be worth as much with her pitiful experience. With one hand she swept her hair out of her face. It got in the way a lot, and she considered cutting it all off someday. "What are your plans for training in beast form?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back