• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern University on Deck

Sara Hisashi

The tall man had a puzzled expression on his face for a brief moment before he spoke. His comment made her grin, her left eyebrow raising slightly in mock suspicion. "You seem trustworthy enough, but for all I know, you could be a serial killer. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now." She stuck her tongue out at him in a lighthearted sort of way. Sara definitely felt more at ease now that she'd managed to get a few words out. She watched him unlock the door without so much as a pause, and she flinched at the thought of herself attempting to do the same; a locked door was like her enemy.

Room 9... and only a door over from her supposed new friend's. It was nice to know that she'd have someone she knew nearby in case she needed something. Her eyes had been wandering over the contents of the room. One double bunk; meaning that she'd likely have a roommate, unless there was an empty spot. She didn't mind sharing, as it was cheaper, as long as her roommate was friendly and kept a clean space. Lost in her own thoughts, it wasn't until she looked back at Jackson for a brief moment did she realize that he was talking. "...hang out?" he asked. Sara blinked. Had he asked to chill with her? The offer was nice, especially since the chances of her getting lost were reduced with him by her side. She nodded. "Yeah, sure, that's cool. Let me just drop off my shi- stuff." She bit down on her bottom lip, entering her room. Dropping off her suitcase and duffel bag on the bottom bunk, she turned back to face him. "I didn't catch your name, by the way," she said, exiting the room once more. "I'm Sara," she said, taking the opportunity to introduce herself. "And can you please lock the door?"

Xanto Xanto

He then replies "Even my families boat isn't this big. Oh..."

"And..."

"Um....

"Ya..."

"Excuse me for a moment..."

He then walks until he is out of sight and then takes off at a run and gets into the bathroom, just in time to puke into a nearby toilet. He then washes his face in the sink, his mind buzzing. He had never asked somebody to teach him how to play an instrument before why her? He had only met her today... But he already felt so comfortable around her as though he could tell her anything. Why couldn't he ask her this simple question? Also why did he feel like he could tell her his deepest darkest secrets no sweat, even though they literally met like less than 2 hours ago? He then decided he had to go back to the table. "Great my breath reeks!" He thinks to himself...

Once he arrives back at the table he looks at Chastity and says "Will you please teach me how to... How to..." He just wasn't able to get the words out! He felt like a little child asking her how to teach him to do something. He was panicking the more he studdered the more childish and stupid he thought himself. He then looks at her his face a brilliant shade of red and begins to make strumming motions with his hands. Phew he found a way to end the sentence, even if it was awkward as hell...

Jackson Hayashi

Shi-stuff? Jackson thought slightly raising a brow in curiosity. Was she about to curse in front of him? His grey eyes followed his neighbor as she literally dropped her stuff on the room's bottom bunk and swiftly turned back around. Within a few seconds, the lady spoke out again. Wait, we're hanging out now? Jackson's thoughts were kind of lost in the woman's actions. Maybe she didn't catch that he mentioned chilling "later." It was no problem to him though, especially if she insisted to start their hang out at that moment.
Guess we should start early then. "Jackson," He stated following her out the door before shutting it right behind him.

Jack locked the door and glanced at the other student, "Pleasure to meet you, Sara." Then, his gaze gradually shifted around the area. Daylight was running out, but the dude was still chill as ever. Now to put the plan into action. The man walked to James and Nia's room before knocking his fist a couple times against their door. "Yo, it's Jackson," He placed his hand on the wall beside the doorframe waiting for a response. For his little adventure to work, they needed a little more than a small group of people.
"You like games?" Jack randomly asked looking back at Sara.

life life Joker987 Joker987 Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

ASHA YOSHIDA
And the stars blinked as they watched her carefully, jealous of the way she shone

Asha laughed when The little girl described her father. The older girl smiled when she introduced herself. "It's nice to meet you Katrina. I'll help you find your cousin." She promised her. She followed the little ball of energy to the lounge. Asha attempted to keep up with the small girl. "So is your cousin a student here?" She asked curiously. Maybe she knew him from the previous school years. "Maybe I know him. I'm great at remembering faces and names." She said. Asha shoved her hands into her pocket as she walked. "Ah so his name is Jackson...that does sound familiar." She said thoughtfully. Asha was trying to put a face to the name.
template by
astraea

Chasity stared at Ryo in awe before returning the gesture by making a similar strumming motion. "Sure, I can teach you how to play guitar. Do you want the basics? The chords? Then again, knowing you, you want to as much as you can, yes"? Chasity adjusted her glasses and sat up a little more

Countryrps Countryrps

James looked to the door as he tabbed his half smoked cig against the windowsill. It was Jason no doubt, he simply sighed before shrugging. It was better than doing nothing. "Come on in man, we're decent!" he shouted to the door.

life life Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Xanto Xanto

"You see I think I will have the basics down pat soon mainly because our two instruments are so similar..." He says looking back at her.

"But you are right when you say I want to know it all though."

He then looks out a nearby window trying to avoid eye contact with her...

Sara Hisashi

Perhaps it was because of her lack of caffeine intake that day, or the amount of sleep-deprivation she'd experienced over the last couple of days. Either way, Sara was definitely feeling... off. He'd also mentioned his name; Jackson. At least she could place a name to a face now. She was just lucky that she was good at memorizing names. With the current mindset she had, it would've slipped quite easily. After watching him begin to walk away, it took her a good thirty seconds for her to realize that he meant for her to follow him. She trailed after him slowly before she stopped walking abruptly, not having noticed that the male was mere inches away from her own face. He'd stopped in front of another door. Were these friends of his?

Sara was totally clueless, but her observational senses that day were probably the worst they'd ever been. She cursed under her breath, chewing on her bottom lip in thought. Rubbing her eyes, she tilted her head back up to look at Jackson, her hands falling back to her sides. "Games...? Depends what kind we're talking about," she answered, carefully. "But I'd be down to do anything right about now."

She heard a voice come from the other side of the door seconds later. Decency? What was the other guy talking about? Blinking in confusion, she waited for Jackson to open the door.

Xanto Xanto Joker987 Joker987 Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

"We do play well together. We'll make something out of our duet and show everyone on the ship what we can do. I'll make my parents even more proud. I'll make my grandparents pround". Chasity's lips quivered and, behind her glasses, her eyes glimmered and started to water. She bit her lips tight, lowering her glasses and attempted to wipe away the increasing number of tears flowing down her face.

She accidentally brought up a topic that had affected her deeply, and it was showing.

"I miss them".
Chasity set her glasses down on the table and covered her face with her hands, her crying no longer quiet but becoming louder, nearly wails. She was shaking and struggling to breathe a little, getting up sluggishly and running to the toilets, accidentally running into the men's, not able to see the signs well without her glasses on, or much at all. She squinted through her teary, blurry vision, locking herself in the cubicle and sitting on the toilet, her cries louder than before.

Countryrps Countryrps

Last edited:
He then leaves the bill on the table and follows after her. He saw the men's room door close. "Did she accidentally run into the men's room?" He thought to himself. Great she brought up the grandparents topic... What was she trying to do make him cry? Then before he could stop it one single tear fell from his face, it was only one but that was all it took to bring back a stream of memories, memories he had tried to forget. He began to think of his grandparents, they were dead and meant the world to him. He started the violin because his grandma loved the sound of it. When she died, he was even more determined, even more determined to be the best!

That's why he sat up late every night playing until he couldn't hold up his violin anymore, until he fell asleep. He felt pity for this girl, he understood how she felt. Once he walked in, he walked to the only closed stall and knocked on the door saying, "You know your in the men's room right." A smirk on his face. He then said "c'mon we can talk about this in my room I have a feeling I understand how you feel more than you think."

Kioko Fujioka
Jackson. Recalling the boy Kioko had seen her with at the front of the boat, his face fit the name. Glancing to the side of her, she looked quickly at the girl who was walking next to the little girl. She was very very pretty, if Kioko didn't know any better, she would have assumed that she was a model. Moving her head back to look in front of her, she listened to the girl spoke. She talked for a minute before becoming silent, most likely to try and remember who this young girls cousin was. Kioko stepped lightly as she walked with the other two girls, breaking the short silence with her dull voice. "I'm Kioko" She mentioned to the other two, as it had just occurred to her that she never actually introduced herself to them.
Xanto Xanto erzulie erzulie

Chasity made herself get up and unlock the stall, her face dark red from crying and coughing.
"I... I left my glasses behind, and I can't see anything without them. And yes, let's get out of here, I've embarassed myself enough"

Countryrps Countryrps

Nia heard a knock at the door, it's cause soon announcing themselves as Jackson. She took time to finish putting up one last article of clothing before zipping over to the door. She opened it with a smile. "Hello. What is this about?" She asked Jackson, looking over as she then eyed Sara from head to toe, only offering her a small wave for now. Introduction could be postponed a bit.
life life Xanto Xanto Joker987 Joker987

Joji watched the girl run past them with a lighthearted smile. The amount of energy some students have is rather unremarkable. He turned back to face Sakka speak, intently listening to her words. He gave her a small nod in response to her proposal. "Putting the play in the hands of the students... sounds like it could be worth the risk. It'd certainly offer them creative freedom if nothing else."
;Rain; ;Rain;

He then puts his arm around her shoulder and walks out of the restroom with her. He then walks to the table with her and grabs her glasses, handing them to her. As they walk down the hall he looks at her, and then he begins to cry, just a little at first, then a little heavier, he wasn't quite sobbing yet he was shedding tears rapidly as they walked down the hall. He walked into the lounge, and then into her room. When they walked into her room he began to stop crying. He then felt really childish, he hadn't cries since he was like nine! Why was he now twelve years later?

He then said to Chasity "Why do I feel like this? Why do our pasts have to be so similar? Why do you make me cry?" Why do you make me feel like a child?"

R Rock And Roll Boy

Jackson Hayashi
Without warning, Jackson faced Sara and tilted his head toward her. "Anything?" He smirked letting his grey eyes stare into her's. Just exactly how far was this woman willing to go on adventures? Did the dude finally meet another daring soul? It didn't take long for him to break the little mood with a quick smile though. Jack wouldn't let the group do anything life threatening. Forcing people out of their comfort zones wasn't something he did either. Soon, James's voice rang behind the wall. Jackson fully faced the closed door and mentally appreciated the fact that he didn't have to search the ship for them. It was a good thing that he and Nia were . . decent. However before Jack could reach for the knob, Nia opened the door with a smile. "Adventure time?" He simply questioned raising a brow.

Katarina Deangelo
Katarina looked up at the stylish woman and smiled, "Yeah, Jackson Hayashi." That was her cousin! The one she still couldn't find after hours of searching around the ship. She continued her walk down the corridor searching left and right in silence until the pink-haired lady introduced herself. "KIOKO! That sounds cool. I'm Katarina," The little girl announced saying her name with the Italian accent her family often spoke with.

Joker987 Joker987 Duke of Doge Duke of Doge life life erzulie erzulie ;Rain; ;Rain;

Lav Koda

Having boarded the boat with a flurry of thoughts, Koda already found herself in her room after myriads of minutes searching. It was later now, and she was tired as hell from what her morning held. However, she wanted to brighten up her own mood, and decided to distract herself from the gripping pain that was unleashed all over her body from Daddy dearest. She had no doubt there were bruises left over on her back and other places, so she wore a modest outfit. Lav smoothed out the sheets on her bed before sitting, breathing heavily. Walking around had tired her out a touch, so she took that moment to chill and think about what life would be like for the next few months. When she recovered however, the female reached beneath her bed and pulled out her violin case, opening it up to see the best looking maple wood displaying its rich earthen tones.

She stood, exiting the room and heading down the hall where the other dorms were. She knew people could be asleep, so she played a sweet melody that wouldn't pierce the ears of those listening. Her heart fell into her playing, and with each bow stroke, she felt herself becoming more and more at one with sound itself. Truly, she was hoping to reach someone. To connect. Possibly strike up a conversation. As she played, she spotted a dark haired man come out of a room [Jackson] and swayed with her music, giving him a light wink of greeting.

Tagged: Xanto Xanto Duke of Doge Duke of Doge life life Joker987 Joker987
Code by apolla apolla

Last edited:
James flicked the cigarette out the window and sighed as he walked to the door to meet Jackson. He stopped at Nias side and leaned against the door frame with yawn. "Yo, so what ya got planned?" he asked while scratching his neck. He looked passed Jackson and saw that he had brought someone else along. She was a rather small women as James looked down at her. 'Looks small enough to punt,' he thought to himself with a smirk. James looked her up and down one last time and sighed. "Brought more company? Guess that's fine," he said with a shrug. To be honest he didn't really want to make 'friends' with anybody on this damn ship, but he knew causing trouble with them on the first day would bite him in the ass. Though he is surprised no one has said anything about his stunt with the pictures earlier. "Names James," he said to the newcomer with a uninterested expression. At this point he has given up on the whole friendly guy act and is just acting like himself now. The smile is a pain to keep up.

life life Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Xanto Xanto

Chasity could see where he'd been crying, feeling so bad for bringing his bad memories to light. It felt good, however, that he could see where she was coming from. The last thing she wanted was to upset him like she'd upset him. That made her feel even worse. Sitting on her bed, legs folded, she buried her face into her palms.
"I'm so sorry, Ryo, I... I don't know what to say to you".

Countryrps Countryrps

Last edited:
He looks at her and says "it's not your fault Chasity. Its just, its just I feel so sorry for you, I know where your coming from..." He looked away from her trying to hide his tears, for they had begun to stream down his face again. It felt childish to cry, but it also felt good to have someone he could tell all this stuff to. Why was he telling her all this stuff? They had only known each other for a few hours... Why did he trust her so much? Why did he trust her like he did, like a child would trust a random stranger? He was ashamed of himself really, crying like this in front of a girl...

Chasity gasped quietly and felt even more awful as Ryo began to cry again. She felt like Lunabï, back when she was comforting her during one of her breakdowns.
"Hey, hey, it's okay" Chasity whispered softly, wiping away his tears with her thumb. "Unlike what others boys say, boys can cry. And I'm glad you're being open and honest in front of me, I appreciate that". She wiped away more tears before finding herself hugging him.

Countryrps Countryrps

As she hugged him, he slightly panicked and tensed for a brief second before relaxing again. He never said anything was wrong with him crying. Did she think it was wrong then, but was just trying to mask it? Or was he just imagining things, he must be he thought, this girl is to nice. He felt weird hugging her, but it was nice to. He felt like he was going to explode with awkwardness, yet he felt he could explode with happiness as well.

He then returned the hug, resting his head on her shoulder. (he was quite short for someone of his age and gender and was able to with ease...) Why he was resting his head on this girls shoulder he had no idea, he probably would never have a good answer to that question. It just felt right, but it felt weird also he never had a girl comfort him like this before, not even his own mother, the only person who ever came close to comforting him like this was his grandmother. At this thought he began to sob, "when was the last time I cried like this?" he thought "the day of Grandma's funeral" he answered himself. That was when he was eight...

Chasity ruffled his hair awkwardly as Ryo rested his head against her shoulder, not the best comforter but she was crying and she didn't mind that he was crying at all. Besides, he helped her out during that earlier breakdown, so she was helping Ryo whilst he had his. Chasity softly sang Wonderwall as she rubbed his back, her angelic voice hopefully able to calm things down.

"And all the roads we have to walk are winding. And all the lights that lead us there are blinding. There are many things that I would like to say to you but I don't know how. Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me. And after all, you're my Wonderwall".

Countryrps Countryrps

"Today is gonna be the day, but they'll never throw it back to you. By now you should've some how realized what your not to do. I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now." He sang through the sobs. "And all the roads we have to walk are winding. And all the lights that lead us there are blinding. There are many things that I'd like to say to you but I don't know how. Because maybe your gonna be the one that saves me. And after all, your my wonderwall." He sobbed. He then began to slow his sobbing down to just tears, by looking at her eyes. They were so calm, and beautiful, with the glasses as a finishing touch. He then stopped crying completely. But for some reason kept hugging her.

Chasity smiled her sweet smile as he looked into her eyes, glad that he was more calm now, unaware of how he truly felt towards her, he'd have to show her. Chasity kept hugging him, willing to hug him all night if he wanted her to. She kept rubbing his back softly, humming a little. "Are you feeling better now? Either way, I'm sorry for bringing up bad memories. Do you want to keep hugging? If you want to keep doing so, I don't mind".

Countryrps Countryrps

Last edited:
Sara Hisashi

Surprised by Jackson's sudden turn, Sara blinked at him twice. Her expression was blank, her brown eyes locking with his gray ones for a brief moment. Was he testing her? Hmmm... interesting. She smiled and nodded assertively; whether or not she'd regret her decision now was something she had to deal with in the future. "Yeah. Whatever you can think of." She watched as a smile of his own appeared on his face before he turned back to the door. Her poker face returned as someone opened it.

Sara bit her bottom lip as a girl with red hair and green eyes opened the door. Her striking features made her feel plain, but she could care less at that point. She waved, giving the girl the effortless smile that had come to her own face. A man who was easily a foot taller than her came to the door momentarily. She could feel his eyes looking down at her as he spoke, the smell of smoke evident on his breath. Usually, people referencing her height didn't bother her since it happened all the time, but his indifferent attitude was kind of pissing her off. She wanted to tell herself to play it cool, but she suddenly didn't want to. He introduced himself as James. "Nice to meet you," she started. End it there. Chewing on the inside of her cheek, she reached up and flicked his forehead. "I'm Sara." Shit.

Xanto Xanto Joker987 Joker987 Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back