• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern University on Deck

Nia meandered back to her "family" stopping a few feet away from them, she leaned on the wall with a smug grin. "So uhhh. Mom, Dad... when do I get my allowance?" Her smug-ness grew as she asked the question. She might not be able to actually get anything out of this, but she would try regardless. Because sometimes Nia is just an annoying little shit.

life life Xanto Xanto The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

James stared up towards Lav with a blank look as he held back the urge to bare his teeth towards her. His left eye twitched a bit as he let out a annoyed sigh. "I hate my life," he mumbled before burying his hands into his hoodie and leaning back into his seat. "If we're gonna do this then lets do it later, I'm in no mood for this crap," he said and looked to the teacher with a glare. He already knew he wasn't going to like this class. He flipped his hood over his head and pulled out his phone to scroll through his messages. He had gotten a few from his old crew back home, but they were mostly just about how drunk or high they got last night. Though one did interest him. It was from Zack, a real sleaze ball, but he was good at his job in gathering info. Anyway, he had informed James of a few potential business partners that he could hook up with in Korea. James flashed a small grin under his hoodie and chuckled. At least there was one positive thing to this day.

Xanto Xanto R Rock And Roll Boy Parallax Parallax

Jackson Hayashi

11:39am-11:42am

"I'm determined to get an A," Jackson clarified looking over his shoulder as he replied to Edward. It was true. The guy might not have seemed like the type to nerd out on grades, but he actually was. "Challenges intrigue me," The man stated facing back forward. Why did it seem to take forever to get to Nia? She was only halfway down the corridor. "Maybe I am enjoying this," Jack paused in thought still walking toward his daughter, "Because I found something I like in it." This was referring to the fact that even if Jackson wasn't all-in on the project, the idea that it was a challenge motivated him.

Sara's voice caught Jackson's attention, but he didn't bother to look back at her. He just blinked when she emphasized their daughter. The family finally arrived at Nia thanks to her making her way to them as well. It didn't take long for Nia to throw an in-character question right at Sara and him. What would dad Jax do? "Here's a better question. What's our family name?" Jackson asked with a slight head tilt rerouting the discussion to a student oriented question. It both held off Nia's topic and got the project started. . . The man couldn't help it though. His grey gaze shifted over at Nia just before he handed her five dollars, "
You got guts, but don't get used to it."

Zenjiro Sakamoto
Zenjiro looked up from his book and noticed the kid he scolded the other day. Mr. Hoodie was just doing his own thing while his group mates were obviously working on the project. Then again, children do throw tantrums. The professor thought to himself before returning his attention to the book. It was that student's option to learn something valuable or completely waste moments of his life.

life life Joker987 Joker987 Duke of Doge Duke of Doge The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Last edited:
"Now, James, don't be a grumpy boy. Or I'll be very angry, so will Lav. We want you to have a great life, not hang your head and bicker" Chasity scolded him, really into it. "You're nine years of age and growing up fast, the world is a scary place to grow up in. We want the best for you".

Joker987 Joker987 Parallax Parallax

He looked at Lunabi, "If your asking if I am sick, no." He then muttered, barely audible, "For once." He then asked "Can we go now? It will be fun!"

Lav Koda

Lav nodded as Chastity scolded James, but with a polite tone. She always was the more sensitive and kind one. Lav giggled to herself, covering her smile with her hands. She was actually really starting to enjoy this. She wondered, however, how she got pregnant and why Chastity wasn't mad about it. Or, perhaps she was meant to be?

Koda looked to James expectantly, waiting for him to join the two by the door. The teacher did end his big spiel with a "Why are you still here? GO." And as such, Lav felt free to go until 12 o'clock bounded her back to her responsibilities. She wasn't going to let someone bummed out ruin this fun time for her. She had so many questions. She couldn't wait to learn about why this would be a beneficial experiment. What the teacher had on his mind must have been bustling with creativity to come up with this. This class would quickly become her favorite over 'Student's tears in a bottle' man.

Chastity cuddled up to Lav's arm and stroked it a little. It felt odd coming from a girl, but a part of her couldn't help enjoying the feeling. Sticking to character, she quickly gave Chastity a kiss on the forehead. "I love your gentleness." She purred, smiling.

Outfit: Grey one
Tagged: Joker987 Joker987 R Rock And Roll Boy
Code by apolla apolla

Lunabï nodded at Ryo, not looking as happy as earlier. She didn't want to leave her sister... but took a deep breath and smiled. "As long as you're feeling good".

"Well you're a beautiful girl and I don't want to think that I'm not". Chasity chuckled as her forehead received a kiss. She returned the favour, kissing Lav's cheek. She didn't want to go for the lips, even though she wasn't with anyone. Plus, it could make things weird.

Countryrps Countryrps Parallax Parallax

He then looked at Kasumi "Mom, do you want to go to the pool to? I feel good today." He asked. He was okay with just going with his older sister, but he wanted to offer anyways. He didn't really like his younger sister, (decided from the minute he saw the list) so he didn't offer.

Edit: Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear R Rock And Roll Boy

Last edited:
James shook his head and rose from his seat, an aura of irritation surrounding him. He made his way for the door and looked to his two parents with a frown. He took a deep breath and gritted his teeth as he spoke. "Lets go, moms," a vein nearly burst in his head as his cheeks grew red with embarrassment. This was going to be the worst assignment of his life.

R Rock And Roll Boy Parallax Parallax

Lunabï was fine with going to the pool, although she wasn't going to go in it. She hated water and having to change and wear swimwear.

Chasity gave James a glare, wagging her finger. "No wonder you were left at the adoption home, no-one wanted you and your abhorrent attitude. Now you either shut up and appreciate your mothers, or you can kindly fuck off back to where no-one else wants you. Grow the fuck up, you ungrateful shit"! Chasity had let all her sudden anger come forward, her face red from rage and from the realisation from what she'd just done. She had gotten too deep into this.

Countryrps Countryrps Joker987 Joker987 Parallax Parallax

He came with her, no ifs, ands, or buts. It was easier this way. He slipped his hand into his older sisters, he was probably most attached to her, for she usually ended up taking care of him when he was sick, mom was usually at work and couldn't help it most of the time. He then asked her "Are you going to swim?" To be honest he wasn't embarrassed about acting like a twelve year old in public either. He was rarely effected by the feeling known as embarrassment. He didn't let what other people thought about him affect him. Plus, as long as he knew this was for his classes, he was fine with it.

He looked at his big sister "I know, I just thought... Maybe... Today..." He said. He looked forwards, trying to avoid eye contact.

James reeled back his head from her outburst and held his chest as he raised his eyebrow. "Damn," was all he could say as he looked at Chasity. Now that was just a bomb ready to blow and James wasn't about to be the unlucky victim. "Alright, alright chill, I'm going with it. Sheesh," he shook his head as he left the class room. This was gonna be a nightmare.

R Rock And Roll Boy Parallax Parallax

Lunabï looked up at him and nodded again. "For you, big brother, we'll go". She moved her hair away from her face, giving him a sisterly smile. "I can't really say no to my little brother".

Chasity hid her face in her palm, taking deep breaths. She gripped Lav's hand and let her head rest against her shoulder.

Countryrps Countryrps Joker987 Joker987 Parallax Parallax

Kasumi Cheiko Gen'ishiLocation: Classroom/Hallway
6ce945399c4e156de85980e9d4094ded--navy-blazers-professional-outfits-blazer.jpg
Current outfit​
Kasumi flipped the paper over slowly, and stared down at what seemed to be her worst nightmare. Ryo was the first one to react to these new assigned roles and began to play the little brother of Lunabai. They started to interact with each other pretty well but Kasumi couldn't get herself to interact with them just yet. This was all too real for her, she looks up at the professor, but he was busy reading something. Kasumi wanted to go up to him and say that he might as well fail her now, because she couldn't do this. She was in a panic mode, everything seemed to be like her own life. Kasumi barely registered her two 'children' leaving to go to the pool, she was still staring at the paper, almost close to tears.

As the groups left, they were all getting into their roles besides herself and the 'new' girl. She didn't know this person at all, not even from the previous class, and now she was her supposed 'daughter.' Kioko was supposed to be ten, the age her father actually died. I was a daddy's girl too, she thought to herself as she read the description that Kioko felt neglected. This was also true in a sense for Kasumi, even though she was single child, her mother had to be away more often and work without her father. Kasumi sighs and looks over to Kioko. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to stay or go. Well, Kasumi was often left alone when she was ten since her mother couldn't afford anyone to watch over her while her mother worked, but she was always fine.

In the end, Kasumi made a decision. "You'll be alright dear while I'm gone? I'm going after your siblings," she says with a nervous gulp as she tried to get into her role with Kioko. Not really waiting for an answer, she stands up, and walks out of the classroom. She had to get out of there, whether she was supposed to play a role or not. Her mother was always kind to her, so for now she would be like her mother was to her 'children.' Kasumi looks down the hallway and and spots some of the other groups as well as the rest of her own group. Kasumi walks briskly down the hallway, catching up to them with ease. "Kids, wait for your mother," she says awkwardly to Lunabai and Ryo as she catches up with them. "Ahh..Ryo, how are you feeling today?" She asks him, recalling he had a low immune system. Kasumi felt bad, it was painfully obvious she was having a hard time getting into her role, but she didn't want to let the rest of her group down. ;Rain; ;Rain; Countryrps Countryrps R Rock And Roll Boy

large.jpg
s w e e t​
Kioko Fujioka

Just as Kioko had entered the classroom, Professor Sakamoto had written down groups on the board. She sighed softly, Kioko hated group work. She would much rather do everything all on her own, then have a chance that one partner might not do what they are suppose to. Her distain for group work only grew as the professor recited what the work consisted of. Seriously? She was going to have to pretend to be a ten year old with attachment issues.

Kioko quickly made her way over to he group, where everyone had already gathered. They all seemed like a somewhat quiet bunch, that is until she noticed that two of them, her brother and sister, had left the room talking in character. Kioko watched them leave, her 'mother' saying a quick sentence to Kioko before following them out of the classroom. That was probably exactly why she felt neglected...
'So I guess she did a good job then?' Kioko thought before standing up and trailing after them. This role was going to be hell for Kioko, mainly because she had forgotten what it was like to be 10 year old. Shaking it off, Kioko walked slowly behind her 'family', listening to their conversation in order to figure out what kind of dynamic the family was going to have. She stayed quiet, figuring that if she did feel neglected there must be a reason, maybe because she was a naturally shy kid? Or maybe completely because of the mothers fault? Nevertheless, it just seemed like in this instance of Lunabï apologizing for endangering Ryo's health, it seemed right for her to stay in the background.

Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear Countryrps Countryrps R Rock And Roll Boy

s o u r​
code by pasta

Last edited:
Edward Pennington
e2c804d0ba9a438cce4c6ba5d4f4710d.jpg
What was he supposed to do now? Edward had no clue as to how a 7 year old would act. What made it even worse was that the faint memories he had of when he was 7 were absolutely inapplicable due to how his life was radically different to a traditional child. Not to mention, the prospect of being acting never appealed to him, as it had no purpose other than to entertain. And entertaining was the job of a clown, not Edward. However, his teacher disguised this terrible game of sorts as an experiment on studying behavioural science. What a load of bullshit. Was the first thing that came to his mind upon hearing the answer. With the word of the teacher being upheld as law, he pretty much had to force himself to go on with this menial task.

Edward never had any siblings himself, older or younger. But, he never wanted one to begin with. It just seemed like a younger brother would only stand in his way. An older one would mean that he would have to obey another person. And simply obeying someone was not something he liked doing. He liked being independent. The line of thought of his went on a tangent that simply wasted time. But he did draw the conclusion that younger children often draw inspiration and follow around their older siblings. With a clear goal in mind, he went in to act like a 7 year old. He walked to Nia but kept his normal composure. If anything, instead of acting like an energetic child, he seemed devoid of all emotions. "So....What are we going to spend it on big sister?" He said in a monotone, clearly not interested with the task. Wasting effort on a stupid task was not his intent.

life life Joker987 Joker987 Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Xanto Xanto

Lav Koda

At Chastity's outburst, Lav's eyes widened bigger than that of a cats'. She looked over to her after James spoke up and said, "Dang Chastity.. That was harsh. Are you alright?" She questioned, wondering why this affected her so strongly. Did this somehow hit home for the woman? Either way, James complied, and they were able to begin heading for the deck. She put her arm around Chastity, originally a total stranger, and now supposed wife. It felt so odd, especially after the awkwardness her outburst caused the dysfunctional group. However, Lav was determined to make this enjoyable.

"Alright guys. We're at the deck." She leaned over the railing and peered down at the waves far below. She turned to the couple, back resting against the railing. "I've got a deck of cards in my pocket. Who wants to see a magic trick? Hint hint, you have to say yes, my two honeys." A glint in her eye revealed that she already had mischief in line.

Outfit: Grey one
Tagged: Joker987 Joker987 R Rock And Roll Boy
Code by apolla apolla

Lunabï noticed Kioko approach, yet remain inconspicuous. She gave her a smile. "Little sister". She felt strange calling Kioko her little sister, since Chasity had always called herself that.

"I'm fine, sweetie" Chasity said with a little sigh, sticking very close to Lav. She kissed her cheek once they reached the deck. "Those waves are beautiful. But nowhere as beautiful as you, my dear".

;Rain; ;Rain; Parallax Parallax Countryrps Countryrps

Last edited:
Jackson Hayashi

11:45am-11:50am

Jackson watched as his two . . children plotted on what to get with Nia's five bucks. The man slightly shook his head before scanning the area around them. Sakamoto did say "take notes." His grey eyes paused at a family interacting with one another. With a slight tilt of his head, Jack observed the five person family bickering amongst themselves. The two younger kids were running around, while the eldest one seemed to be busy taking pictures. Meanwhile, the two parents were occupied by trying to navigate their way around a map.

How can we relate to that? Jackson thought glancing over at Sara. Maybe he had to observe the scene a bit longer. "Give me back my camera!" The older girl abruptly shrieked at her younger brother who was cackling circles around their younger sister. Jack's grey eyes quickly eyed the father's reaction as the mother scolded their only son. The dad seemed just as indifferent as Jackson. In fact, the older man made it seem like it was all part of a usual routine. Argue, mediate, and repeat.

It didn't take long for the wife to suddenly raise her voice at her husband though. That woman's words were filled with such annoyance that Jack could only focus on her tone. The most he could understand was something about the dad "never" doing anything about their children getting out of hand. This doesn't look good. Before Jack knew it, the two parents were at it as well. The whole family was arguing, while the youngest child began to waddle away from the crowd.
How far could she get before any family member even noticed? Well, at least nothing bad could really happen to their youngest child.

Jackson heard rolling wheels a bit off to the side and nodded at Robert who was pushing a large steel cart. Robert in turn waved, but accidentally tripped over nothing immediately releasing the cart under his grip. Everything happened so fast. The ship even went over a wave causing the platform they were all standing on to tilt. Of course. Jack's eyes quickly aimed at the young girl the cart was undoubtedly headed for.

"Ch-chotto matte!" Jackson suddenly yelled darting after the young girl standing in the middle of the corridor. In the blink of an eye, Jackson scooped the young girl over his shoulder just in time to have her hair make contact with the cart.

The family stood there in silence almost reflecting on their whole lives for the few moments Jack continued to hold the girl under his arm. What followed was a crazy group hug. It was awkward . . . because Jackson was in the middle. Once the family disbanded, Jack put the girl down and watched as the two siblings and their parents made up for the arguing. The two siblings shamelessly blamed one another one last time before embarrassingly hugging and apologizing. The parents on the other hand, took things differently. The mother went off to the side weeping, while the father comforted her with a hug from behind.

This was probably going to be the most challenging assignment Jackson ever did.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect life life

tAG_196819.jpg

Sara Hisashi
Sara watched her "son" speak in a monotonous voice, addressing Nia. Why was he so devoid of emotion? Was this Edward's idea of child-like behavior? She could only imagine how he'd treat a child of his own. Nia had gotten into character, but Sara questioned whether even she understood the purpose of this assignment. Glancing over at her supposed husband, Sara opened her mouth to say something just as the ship went over a wave.

Jackson's face had morphed into something unreadable. Perhaps she was just bad at comprehending facial expressions. That wouldn't be surprising, considering her lack of social life in addition to her awkwardness. Leaning onto the wall, she watched, her eyes widening slowly as they followed Jackson. It all happened so fast, but things seemed to go in slow-motion. All she saw was him jumping in front of a heavy-looking steel cart to save a young girl. A family who seemed to appear out of nowhere gathered around him for a hug.

A warm feeling spread through her, followed by a cold awakening. Her own family had never bothered to behave in such ways, regardless of whatever happened. Even when she suffered from injuries that landed her in the hospital, both her parents attended to their work more than they'd ever cared about her. Shaking off the thought, Sara reassured herself, knowing that others had it much worse than her. Her heart filled with warmth once again as she watched what could only be described as an enlightened group of people.

A grin swept over Sara's usually-straight face. She approached Jackson slowly as the family dispersed. "Nice going... honey," she added, almost as an afterthought. It was getting easier to speak to him as time passed, especially after what had just happened. "You're quick to think."

code by pasta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back