• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Universal Space Deliver Service

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Chordling

Bardbarian, the Divine Chordia of Concordia
Welcome to the
Universal Space Delivery Service HQ

Please proceed through HQ in an orderly fashion.

“Good morning Earth-topia, I’m Mindy,”
“And I’m Q,”
“And this is Good News Earth-topia at 7:30. Traffic this morning is less than ideal with the continued tube repairs in the Highrise District. Here’s city Mayor Hopkins’ short statement from last week regarding the incident.”

We are very saddened. Deeply saddened by this tragedy. It’s a great loss for our city.

“Mayor Hopkins later informed the city that he will be motioning a new construction plan to upgrade all tube lines over the course of the next five years. But the plan’s inevitable tax raise has many looking to oppose the expensive repairs.”

Ginny stared in fascination at the screen in front of her with a small bowl of cereal balanced over her knees. She slowly fished out the remaining rice crispies with a small spoon, scoop by scoop. Her phone buzzed on the coffee table. The screen illuminated with a new notification.

Work. 10 min.

The sudden realization that she could be late almost made her spill the rest of her breakfast. The public tube lines might have been a mess but Ginny had her own HydroScooter, and for this, she was thankful. Long gone were the days of public transportation. She did not miss the crowds and the motion sickness. The HydroScooter liked to take its time, though, but had the advantage of traveling with the low level airship traffic. Ginny would make it to work just in time, or at least arrive only a few minutes late, and it would only require her to break one or two speed limits.

The commute brought her past the Highrise District. Ginny caught a small glimpse of the wreckage and knew from the footage on the morning news that it was even worse on the other side. But trafficking on her side was smooth moving. Ginny always believed that more people should invest in a good HydroScooter. Hers was red but there was an infinite assortment of colors to choose from. A blaring horn interrupted her thoughts and Ginny caught herself veering too low, and too close to the sidewalk. But her correction reflexes were too late. The front of her HydroScooter smashed into a sign which read, ‘NO PARKING’ and small amounts of steam spewed from the back.

“Crap,” Ginny muttered to herself, “I forgot to turn off the TV.” She pulled her phone from her bag typed in number for repair services.

“Thanks for dialing Molly’s HydroScooter On Demand Repair Services, how may we assist you today?”

“Hi, I’m Ginny Marshson, and I was just in a vehicle accident” she replied.

“I’m sorry to hear that, Ms. Marshson, can you tell us your location so we may service your vehicle as soon as possible?”

“Yeah, one sec, I’m at ugh…” she looked up.

Welcome to the
Universal Space Delivery Service HQ

[center]“Thanks for watching, I’m Mindy,”
“And I’m Q,”
“And This has been Good News Earth-topia at 7:30.”[/center]

DrBezendrine DrBezendrine Vexumin Vexumin

Startup initialized.

Most machines don't often appreciate this part of waking up in the morning. Usually it's because they're just mindless creations that don't want for anything more than to get an order and pour someone's coffee. Josi on the other hand didn't wake up to anyones beck and call. At least, not always. Today, unfortunately, Josi was going to be departing from the Stagemark for good.

Vision module activating.

A blur of color. Each day was like being born again, except still having all of the knowledge of the previous day and each day before that. Seeing color was nothing but a joy for Josi. Though the company did not allow for him to create his resume for the Universal Space Delivery Service, he wished that he was allowed to do so. He remembered seeing a section for personal talents and hobbies or something of the sort when Stagemark was sent a resume document to fill out on the machines behalf. Oh, if he got his hands on the document first, he would have put down that he loved to color and paint. Maybe he would be able to enjoy such things a lot more from here on out. Now that he wasn't the property of a company that is, even if he is being transfered to another company anyways.

Motor controls online.

Movement. Once his vision had cleared into a sharp and clear image, he was cleared to move about. Another thing that he was excited to do was deactivate while laying down. He read this thing about beds used by organics that he was dying to try out. Hopefully he was assigned to a ship where they hung a hammock in the corner or something. Hammocks. He read about hammocks somewhere and he had fallen in love. He asked Stagemark for a hammock to hang in the container they provided for him to live in, but the request had been denied. They instead installed a docking module into the container. It wasn't pleasant, hanging there, suspended above the floor when he awoke. Josi wanted to wake up to stars.

Josi does a quick joint diagnostic, rolling a few of his mechanized joints and rolling them about in their magnetized sockets. Josi featured a full range of motion so that no matter what tight space he found himself in he could likely still use a multitool on things even behind him. Everything, thankfully, was all in order. Hung from an old world hangar, the wooden kind that used to decorate old world houses, was Josi's jacket. It was a puffy engineers jacket, given to him by his previous caretaker. It was special to Josi, wearing it wherever he goes. At least, that was after his personality change. He still wasn't sure just what kind of robot he had become, but he thought for himself quite a lot now, like when he left that one crew to die. I mean, it was a reasonable reaction! They told him to perform a command that would have definitely gotten him killed. Not his fault they fell for a lame excuse that made them lock themselves in with those ravenous beasts. One has to look out for themselves in this universe.

System operational: all functions nominal.

All was ready and it was time to go. Josi made the very mature decision to leave his things for Stagemark to simply dispose of. New life, new robot! From this point on, Josi would create his own new life in his brand new company. This called for a sticker. Josi sifts through a few flattened pieces of paper sitting in a drawer and plucks one with something bright and yellow on its surface. A smiley face. He slaps it onto his chest to express his current mood, making sure that he's got a patch of adhesive removing wipes in his jacket pocket in case that changes.

"Josi, it's time to go," a man says from the opening of the robots container. Josi turns and follows along. The company prepared transport for him and everything. Top of the line commercial transportation... even if he simply sat in the darkened compartment in the back. Didn't bother him too much though. In no time at all he would step through the front doors of the USDS HQ, looking around with an excited expression, on the sticker, of course. "This is it," Josi says, a digitized gasp escaping his vocal module, "It's finally time to start my new life."

Running and eating breakfast at the exact same time is usually not listed in someone's skills when asked.

However, sometimes... You just have to multitask. And that was exactly what Jan was doing. Running down the street while a dull green bot matched their pace, while seemingly holding a plat of eggs, bacon and even a coffee cup caused just a few other heads to turn before ultimately going back to their days. It has been a few weeks since Jan has held a job, staying home and playing video games or tinkering on a multiple few prototype drones wasn't really waking up at an appropriate time or really taking complete care of one's self. Nevertheless, today wasn't a day to be late.

Shoving a rather large forkful of their scrambled eggs inside of their mouth, they began to chew rather quickly and swallow just as fast. Following that was the coffee... Then the bacon before the plate was completely empty. PT, the hovering drone, placed the plate carefully inside of it's internal storage for later before making a few prompting beeping noises as the time appeared before Jan. "Y-Yeah, I get it. I overslept." Jan replied, continuing to run and try to beat the clock even more.

The beeping grew to sound a tad sarcastic as the drone crossed it's arms, looking away. Each beep made the blue light flash just a touch before going back to a constant glow. Jan rolled their eyes and continued. "If I keep this pace, I can get there with two minutes to spare. I don't know why you're taking it so seriously."

More beeps. Seemed to be scolding like a parent, however, this did not reach any further than before as Jan shook their head. "You're malfunctioning. I'm fine." Jan huffed, continuing to run before rounding a corner. "See? The building is on this street. And I got plenty of time." The insulted drone turned slightly and began beeping under it's breath before they both stopped, seeing someone losing control of their HydroScooter.

Watching them smack into the sign brought a slight chuckle to Jan's face as they moved forward in a jog to check on the operator. "Uh... You alright?" They asked, trying to wipe away the sweat that had been slowly forming at their brow as well as hide the slight smile they had. "That didn't look too fun. You don't usually park like that, right?"

The bot made a few low beeps and seemingly scanned the scooter before a multi-tool ejected from one of the arms. Now, holding it to Jan, Jan just shook their head. "I can't just... Look--I made you, but I don't want to mess with a strangers Scooter." They spoke low, trying to push the tool away. "Please, PT."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back