• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unite & Conquer OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here

viloxii

Vis Per Mare
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is the OOC for Unite and Conquer! Please keep all out of character conversation in this thread!!!

Hi!!

k so just some questions then:

• We are humans in like a Mesopotamia setting?
  • No magical powers, right?
  • But we are heroes of some kind of renown right?
  • And like are we great leaders too?

Hi!!

k so just some questions then:

• We are humans in like a Mesopotamia setting?
  • No magical powers, right?
  • But we are heroes of some kind of renown right?
  • And like are we great leaders too?

Answer 1 - So, it's more like a... how do I put this... Lord of the Rings/Game of Thrones/Wheel of Time type setting. The first post will be the Traveler arriving in the continent, with the Moravan Hero (The person playing the Moravan heir would be roleplaying beside my character, the Traveler, at the time. But all the other characters are free to do as they please in the beginning, but all the characters are drawn towards each other.). It would be the first time a full blood Moravan had stepped foot on the homeland in many centuries.

Answer 2: So, it is revealed by the traveler, that Moravan's full or part blood, do have powers and skills. Hundreds of years ago, the ungodly levels of strength and endurance or ability to wield magic was something lost to the Altareans.

Answer 3: So, the heroes can have some type of renown.

Answer 4: Your character can be whatever you please, as long as it makes sense, and their first posts are in the Altarean Capital, where the 5 will meet.

Answer 1 - So, it's more like a... how do I put this... Lord of the Rings/Game of Thrones/Wheel of Time type setting. The first post will be the Traveler arriving in the continent, with the Moravan Hero (The person playing the Moravan heir would be roleplaying beside my character, the Traveler, at the time. But all the other characters are free to do as they please in the beginning, but all the characters are drawn towards each other.). It would be the first time a full blood Moravan had stepped foot on the homeland in many centuries.

Answer 2: So, it is revealed by the traveler, that Moravan's full or part blood, do have powers and skills. Hundreds of years ago, the ungodly levels of strength and endurance or ability to wield magic was something lost to the Altareans.

Answer 3: So, the heroes can have some type of renown.

Answer 4: Your character can be whatever you please, as long as it makes sense, and their first posts are in the Altarean Capital, where the 5 will meet.
Ahhhh k. Thot it was Mesopotamian cuz I saw people wanting to return the land to Tiamat which is a creation goddess from that era. But Lord of the Rings is cool too. Buuuuuut like is it cool if my charrie is a 'person of colour'? Lol just wanna ask cuz LotR is based on old western Europe i think?

K so thinkin a bit of lore with a bit more specifics might be necessary as a baseline then? Cuz other than that I'll be asking like a gajillion questions lol

---

K SO!!! ~~~~~>>>>> my basic concept is that my girlie is a renown hunter of beasts in a chiefdom led by her chieftan mother. My charrie has a fraternal twin sister but her people back my charrie. Cuz despite her twin being exceptionally intelligent and innovative, my charrie is based in the here and now, and a primal force. She is an influence by her deeds and being rather vocal despite refuting to take on the leadership role. Her twin is gorgeous but a shrewd and cunning bitch. Despite the best intentions for the chiefdom but her ways and methods are too outside the box and non-traditional that people rebuke her. Doesn't help she is a bit of an introvert and a 'do it my way cuz princess talking here!!.'

Mama chief wants sisters to unite to lead since united they bring best of both worlds. And tho the twins love each other and actually get on reeeeeeally well together (hell they besties!!), they differ too fundamentally to work together as joint leaders. So given first opportunity, my charrie will gladly go and help out the Traveller since it will take her away from this headache. Thinking its here where she learns that she has Moravan blood coursing through her veins which would explain why she is elite of elite at what she does.

Ahhhh k. Thot it was Mesopotamian cuz I saw people wanting to return the land to Tiamat which is a creation goddess from that era. But Lord of the Rings is cool too. Buuuuuut like is it cool if my charrie is a 'person of colour'? Lol just wanna ask cuz LotR is based on old western Europe i think?

K so thinkin a bit of lore with a bit more specifics might be necessary as a baseline then? Cuz other than that I'll be asking like a gajillion questions lol

---

K SO!!! ~~~~~>>>>> my basic concept is that my girlie is a renown hunter of beasts in a chiefdom led by her chieftan mother. My charrie has a fraternal twin sister but her people back my charrie cuz despite her twin being exceptionally intelligent and innovative. My charrie is based in the here and now, primal. She is an influence by her deeds and being rather vocal despite refuting to take on the leadership role. Her twin is gorgeous but a shrewd and cunning bitch. Despite the best intentions for the chiefdom but her ways and methods are too outside the box and non-traditional that people rebuke her. Doesn't help she is a bit of an introvert and a 'do it my way cuz princess talking here!!.'

Mama chief wants sisters to unite to lead since united they bring best of both worlds. And tho the twins love each other and actually get on reeeeeeally well together (hell they besties!!), they differ too fundamentally to work together as joint leaders. So given first opportunity, my charrie will gladly go and help out the Traveller since it will take her away from this headache. Thinking its here where she learns that she has Moravan blood coursing through her veins which would explain why she is elite of elite at what she does.

Absolutely! That sounds perfect!

Absolutely! That sounds perfect!
K so where would best be this chiefdom? On the old continent or new?

Like thinkin they'd be best as a non factor between the two sides since I don't want them to be involved with the politics of it all until my charrie goes and gets involved. My charrie, Princess Stupid, thinks she acts independantly, but yeeeeahhhh... she is a royal sooooo yeah, she reps her mom and people lol

okay, so, the only thoughts in my head right now is warrior monk vibes— not sure if i'm going to run with that though.

for the heirs (either of them), is there any information that's vital to their character in terms of creation? like, status with their families, skills, planned out future (ie an arranged marriage or something like that), etc?

Last edited:

---

K SO!!! ~~~~~>>>>> my basic concept is that my girlie is a renown hunter of beasts in a chiefdom led by her chieftan mother. My charrie has a fraternal twin sister but her people back my charrie. Cuz despite her twin being exceptionally intelligent and innovative, my charrie is based in the here and now, and a primal force. She is an influence by her deeds and being rather vocal despite refuting to take on the leadership role. Her twin is gorgeous but a shrewd and cunning bitch. Despite the best intentions for the chiefdom but her ways and methods are too outside the box and non-traditional that people rebuke her. Doesn't help she is a bit of an introvert and a 'do it my way cuz princess talking here!!.'

okay wow she sounds really great already!!

okay wow she sounds really great already!!
TYSM!!

Yeah I thought this was like ancient, ancient times so hunter was the first thing that popped in my head. Then a mish-mash of ideas for charries i written before started to form a charrie that could fit this setting lol.

But yeeeeeahhh.... warrior monk sounds awesome for this kinda' prophecy uniting of the people type setting fo'sho!!

Just googled Tiamat to make sure I wasn't off base. Lol me...

Wikipedia says she from a game called D&D. She is a 5 headed dragon Queen of the first layer of hell and births evil dragons. Wow... daaaayaaam. That's actually pretty amaaaaaazing.

The traveler shared with the heir that even some of the Altarean people wanted the Moravan heir to return to what once was Morava, now Tiamat. They prayed for the day that the prophecy would be fulfilled.

And I actually misread the thing about Tiamat. The new Morava land is called Tiamat. I thought they wanted to return the land to Tiamat lol

okay, so, possible character ideas!

for a simple hero (which banks on a lot of gm approval, as i'm doing a bunch of world building, please feel free to correct me in any case)
— an altarean monk of a religious sect close to the throne. a warrior religious of a unique unarmed fight style. a novitiate, within months of taking their final vows. the order would be secret keepers of ancient moravan texts, which they have previously used to develop their "unique" fighting style, though only the elders have seen them/know of this. the novitiate, raised to hate all things moravan, would find these texts and upon reading them, realize their outlook on the displaced people has been incorrect. maybe they would steal them, and try to seek out a moravan to return them to?

for the altarean heir
spiteful— an heir who would join up with the moravan hero of prophecy for one thing and one thing only: to kill their own father. a child, scorned, out for revenge. reasons currently unclear but that's brainstormable. a royal who would perhaps use this great prophesy for their own gain? an enigma for where their stance lies beyond their planned patricide. (this one is my favorite of the two).
betrayed— an heir who finds old records of the moravan peoples, passed down in their family since the exodus (kinda building off the monk character). furious that they have been lied to for all their life, they have fought with their father on the choices of their forefathers, to no avail. the old man would see no reason, and would still strike down an moravan he would come across. disgusted by their own blood, they flee from the castle, unsure of where to go.

i'm also maybe considering the moravan heir?? but all my ideas for them are basic tbh. thoughts are appreciated!!

I’m in love with both of these AND I’m curious to see the Moravian Heir!

PSA: Characters are first come first serve btw! I am THINKING of also expanding the character slots, so no worries

okay, so, possible character ideas!

for a simple hero (which banks on a lot of gm approval, as i'm doing a bunch of world building, please feel free to correct me in any case)
— an altarean monk of a religious sect close to the throne. a warrior religious of a unique unarmed fight style. a novitiate, within months of taking their final vows. the order would be secret keepers of ancient moravan texts, which they have previously used to develop their "unique" fighting style, though only the elders have seen them/know of this. the novitiate, raised to hate all things moravan, would find these texts and upon reading them, realize their outlook on the displaced people has been incorrect. maybe they would steal them, and try to seek out a moravan to return them to?

for the altarean heir
spiteful— an heir who would join up with the moravan hero of prophecy for one thing and one thing only: to kill their own father. a child, scorned, out for revenge. reasons currently unclear but that's brainstormable. a royal who would perhaps use this great prophesy for their own gain? an enigma for where their stance lies beyond their planned patricide. (this one is my favorite of the two).
betrayed— an heir who finds old records of the moravan peoples, passed down in their family since the exodus (kinda building off the monk character). furious that they have been lied to for all their life, they have fought with their father on the choices of their forefathers, to no avail. the old man would see no reason, and would still strike down an moravan he would come across. disgusted by their own blood, they flee from the castle, unsure of where to go.

i'm also maybe considering the moravan heir?? but all my ideas for them are basic tbh. thoughts are appreciated!!

I like the Warrior Monk one best cuz reminds me of Denzel in Book of Eli for some reason. Protecting texts and all that.

Then I like the Betrayal one cuz the whole running from family... "now what?" is along the same lines as my concept but for totally different reasons.

The Spiteful one... Revenge is always good too but could just turn into ambitions to rule for themselves. Meh. Could be alright.

PSA: Characters are first come first serve btw! I am THINKING of also expanding the character slots, so no worries
K will wait to see what else is available before commitng to concept then.

omg bless, and okay, let me share my moravan heir concepts!
naive— a wild heir, eager to prove themselves. a warrior child, who cares not for the rules and procedures of royalty. a royal who wants nothing more than to step beyond the walls of rhema. kept behind lock and key, forbidden to pass beyond the borders of their realm, much less their own home, for reasons unknown to them. until the traveler arrives, and the heir will want nothing more than to step foot in the land of their forefathers. a chance to prove themselves, indeed. impatient, rash, stubborn, a childlike sense of wonder.
morose— a reluctant heir. upon hearing the great prophesy, does not believe that they can be the same champion spoken about. they are not a warrior, but a scholar. a learner. they never wanted to take on a great quest, much less risk their lives. yet, they are proud; proud to call themselves a moravian. (think, peter jackson's version of aragorn).

the altarean monk, the betrayed altraean heir, and the morose moravan heir are all different versions of the same character archetype, to be honest lol.

I like the Warrior Monk one best cuz reminds me of Denzel in Book of Eli for some reason. Protecting texts and all that.

Then I like the Betrayal one cuz the whole running from family... "now what?" is along the same lines as my concept but for totally different reasons.

The Spiteful one... Revenge is always good too but could just turn into ambitions to rule for themselves. Meh. Could be alright.

K will wait to see what else is available before commitng to concept then.
not gonna lie, that would possibly be a plot point for my spiteful altarean heir. working together happily is one thing, but i like to make things spicy; let's bring in the tension, the drama, the suspense— 👀 did someone say betrayal hmm? lol, just a little thought of mine! i have too many concepts to choose from but i'm glad you also like the monk!! i have so many ideas for them.

Last edited:
what’s WORSE is that i’ve already chosen character design for most of them which i love so that has made this so much harder for me, i’m already too attached lol

Last edited:
what’s WORSE is that i’ve already chosen character design for most of them which i love so that has made this so much harder for me, i’m already too attached lol
When more RPers join I'm sure they'll make it easier for you to choose then by process of elimination if you dont choose first lol

...speaking of... I'mma bump the int CHK

viloxii viloxii nope, i’m incredibly impatient and too attached to my poor warrior monk, may i also take a regular hero spot please!! i’ll have my character skeleton in super soon, i’m unfortunately getting very attached to this concept lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back