• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Unexpected love

Miles smiled at his mom and nodded excitedly while he played with her his laughs filling the room again. Tristan had to leave early that morning for work. Leaving his wife on his family's hands until he returned home. But of course Liz had to show up after she heard what happened with her best friend she had to check on her to make sure she was alright now. Stepping in the doorway she watched Amber play with her son and smiled l. Miles looked up and saw Liz before his mom did. His eyes went wide from excitement and he held out his arms to be picked up. "Awntie!" He exclaimed with a giggle.

Amber laughed softly as she looked up at her son and watched her best friend walk over and hold the boy. "Hey Liz." She whispered. She really did miss her best friend and was so glad to see her here. She was exhausted but was glad her son was so attached to her best friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Hey sicky, I see you're doing better." With a smile she kissed Miles cheek and ran her fingers through his hair. "Your daddy isn't having a fit about how long your hair is?" She asked the baby teasingly before she covered his face in kisses. He was so precious, she loved him.

Miles giggles filled the room again and he couldn't help but laugh as he smiled. Amber was glad her son was so happy and she kissed his cheek softly. "Actually, Tristan hasn't but I love Miles long hair." Amber admitted with a smile as Miles smiled a wide smile. He liked his hair too.

"He's a cutie either way." Liz says as she kissed his cheek again. Setting him in the char Liz went in her purse and pulled out a stuffed bear dressed like a pilot and handed it to the little boy. Liz always spoiled him and nothing was going to change that.

Miles looked at the stuffed bear and gasped when it was dressed like a pilot. He grabbed it quickly and hugged it right with a few giggles. Amber laughed softly at the sight and smiled. Her son was adorable and she was happy Liz got him something he would enjoy. "How are things with you at Jay?"

Liz laughed at Miles reaction before turning to her friend with a content sigh. "They're fine, how are things with you and Mr. Dreamy?" Her best friend asked with a cockeyed glance. She knew they were having their differences.

Amber laughed softly at the nickname but sighed and looked at her best friend. "There was a rift but now I think we are good. We worked it out I think." She whispered with a soft laugh.

"You think?" Liz asked with another glare "I'm starting to worry about the two of you.l her friend admitted before she picked up Miles again when he clung to her leg. They had only been married a short time and already they were acting like this. "I would assure myself if I was you, his name is Mr. Dreamy for a reason."

Amber laughed softly as she sighed and nodded. "Wel it is worked out. We talked about it each other." She said with a soft smile. She really didn't want to lose her little family she just got.

"I'm sure you did, "talking it out" like you always do." She said with a smirk before she swayed Miles back and forth in her arms which made him laugh. "You're so cute Miles." She whispered and he smiled but looked to her confused when he felt something and Liz couldn't help but laugh again. "Wat that?" He asked as he placed his hand where he felt it and Liz couldn't help b lush.

Amber laughed as she rolled her eyes at her friend and shook her head but watched Miles interact with her. He was adorable and he loved his aunt so much but the movement caught not only his attention but Ambers too. "Yeah. What is that?" She asked her best friend questioningly.

"Well, they may have been something I forgot to mention." Biting her lip she looked at the one year old with a bright smile and whispered something in his ear before he turned to his mom confused but repeated but Liz said. "Baby?" He asked before he turned back to his aunt and curled into her resting his hand into her neck.

Amber blinked at what she was told by her son and looked at her friend as she shook her head and threw a pillow as hard as her weak body could. "How dare you not tell me!" She said as she shook her head and smiled softly. "I'm happy for you." She added, "So boy or girl?" She added. She guessed her and Jay were ready to take the big step.

"I wanted to tell you in person." She said grabbing the pillow before it hit Miles in the head. "I wanted to see your reaction." With a laugh she began rocking the sleeping Miles in her arms. "I don't know, we decided to wait to find out."

Amber laughed softly as she smiled at her friend. She was so happy for her and their new addition to the family. She smiled as she watched Miles sleep. He was her everything and she herself began to fall asleep from exhaustion as well. She wanted her husband to be back soon even if everyone else visiting was nice.

Luckily things went back to normal once Amber was released from the hospital and made a full recovery. As Miles got older he became more keen on his escape artist skills. One one morning while Amber was at work Tristan had left Miles to play in the living room while he ran upstairs to retrieve something. When he came back down the stairs and he didn't spot his son he looked around and didn't see him. Calling out to him his heart stopped as he looked out the glass doors and watched him fall into the water from the dock. His eyes widening in horror as he didn't even think he just ran as fast as his feet ran as fast as he could carry him as he jumped into the lane full force to pull his son from the life threatening grasp of the water that embodied him.

During this time, Amber was still at work and helping out a new patient who arrived from Colorado who just refused to speak. She would warm up to him and she just felt beyond terrible that he was as sick as he was. After that, it was time for lunch and she realized she left her wallet at home on the bed so she quickly drove home and when she called out to her boys, she was confused when she didn't see them. She saw the water moving from the glass doors however so she quickly ran out and saw Tristan holding their son who wasn't breathing and pale. Her heart dropped then. This couldn't be happening. When Miles was in the dock, she leaned over as she began to cry. "What happened? No Miles way up! Wake up baby! No... Mommy loves you." She whispered as she cried and cried. "Tristan, pat his back, let me call 911." She said, trying to get her act together.

Tristan was soaking wet and shaking while he held their limp son in his arms. When he saw his wife running to the dock his eyes were already filling with tears as he was trying to get Mikes to breathe. Anything. While his wife ran to call 9-1-1 he patted his back and started CPR again whispering things to his son in hopes he would wake up. He had to, if he didn't Tristan would never forgive himself.

Amber couldn't believe this was happening. Their son had to make it alive out of this. She couldn't lose him and if she did, she would never blame her husband for it. 9-1-1 arrived as fast as they could and quickly tended to Miles. What the hell even happened? Amber cried and cried against her husband as the paramedics tried to get the little boy to breathe. "What happened.... How did this happen?" She asked and cried harder when they got a response from Miles and moments later, he was coughing up all the water he swallowed. "Daddy.." He whispered as he began to tear up and cry and his parents immediately ran over to him. "We're here baby. Daddy and mommy are here." Amber said as she cried and played with his hair.

Tristan just shook his head when his wife asked what happens. This was his fault, all his fault and he had tears standing his cheeks. He felt like a horrible parent. What father lets this happened to their child? He would never forgive himself for it. He should have known better than to leave Miles alone. When he heard his son call out to him he ran up to him and held him as close as he could. He needed to know this was real, he wasn't going to lose him. Slowly his panic lessened but he began to feel numb. Miles scared him to death almost.

When Miles felt his dad hiding him, he hugged him back and clung to his father. "I wuv you." He said and Amber smiled at the sight. She didn't know what happened but she felt like her husband was blaming himself. She didn't know the story but she kissed him softly on the cheek. "It's okay babe. He's safe and fine." She whispered and then kissed him gently.

"I love you too." He whispered to his son. He simply nodded to his wife for now, he didn't want to talk about it, if she knew she would blame him to. He was supposed to be watching him. The possibility that he could have lost his son today was not something he preferred to think about. Once arriving at the hospital Tristan took a deep breathe when it set in Miles was going to be alright. Tristan was still soaked from the lake but he couldn't leave his wife alone, not now he was afraid if he left something would happen so he called his mom to bring him dry clothes.

Amber really wanted to know what happened but she knew her son was going to be okay so she just let it go for now and stayed in the room with him, laying in bed like Miles wanted and held his close against her. She was glad he was fine and when she looked at her husband, she held his hand in hers and squeezed it assuringly. They were all she had and wanted nothing else.

Tristan couldn't take his eyes off his son after what happened today. He didn't leave his side, pulling away from his wife's hands and stroked his son's cheek as he slept before he looked up at his wife with sad eyes and sighed. He told her everything but it didn't help with his guilt, it just made it worse, she was going to be disappointed in him and he couldn't blame her. She had reason to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back