• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Unexpected love

isax

Ten Thousand Club
Seattle, Washington. What a beautiful place despite the rain that falls every other day. It was slowly growing on Amber and when she arrived at the airport, she called her brother.

"Hey Miles, I landed." She said as she smiled softly. Amber was excited to finally see her brother after four whole years. She even missed his over protectiveness and that was a lot for her to admit.

"Amber! Shit I forgot you were getting in today! Hey, I'm not there, I'm actually out in Louisiana about to fly my next flight. I'll be gone this whole week." Miles explained and Amber soon sighed. "Hey! Wait, I'll call up (y/c) and ask him to take you to the apartment. Majority of the pilots of this enterprise live there plus (y/c)'s a close friend and he had my extra key. I'll let him know you need to get picked up." Miles said and before Amber could even protest, the line went dead and she sighed as she sat on a bench, all her bags by her as she crossed one leg over the other and waited for this Dan guy to show up. All the men in Amber's life were pilots. Her father, her grandfather and her brother so she was used to them being away.

While she waited, she decided it would be a great time to just study so she grabbed her book and began to read all over again. She had a big test coming up soon anyways. Her job would be exciting once she could start.

@Lexxy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tristan wasn't really up to anything, he took the day to just sit around and do nothing, something he rarely got to do. He had this week off considering he has been working nonstop for the past month, flying all over. He loved his career, it gave him a chance to gain experiences he never would have otherwise. Getting to travel the world was a big thing for him, he loved adventure and not being tied down. That's why he never really committed himself to anyone. He wanted to be independent and love his life the way he wanted to live it not how someone else wanted him too. He was a free spirit, someone who hooked up with girls on a occasion but only when he knew there would be no strings attached. Not that he was a douche bag, he actually had a caring personality he just knew what he wanted and he wasn't willing to settle to make someone else happy. Getting a call from his best friend he was quite perplexed, he was away wasn't he? He answered the phone anyway. "Before you ask, no I'm not interested in whatever it is you're going to ask me." Tristan says only to pull his leg. "What's up? You're not eating gumbo without me are you? I hear it's pretty killer."

@Izzzy

Miles sighed as he heard what his best friend said and he walked through the airport, going to his fate for his next flight out of here. "Hilarious. The gumbo was fantastic but no I'm going to fly again in a sec but here's the deal. My sisters at our airport and I need you to pick her up. I forgot she was moving in this week and well I'm not there so can you possibly pick her up and let her into the apartment for me?" Miles said, all to fast but he needed to get going soon. He just needed Tristan to go and pick Amber up. "Please Tristan? Her car should have arrived there already so I just need you to do that. A perk since you have my spare key."

"Sister? Amber right? I suppose I could do that for you. But some brother you are for forgetting about her." Tristan couldn't help but laugh at his own comment. "So who am I looking for? Is she cute? I need some details to spot her out." Again he was just messing with his friend be wise he knew it would slightly get under his skin. Tristan always for a kick out of messing around with Miles.

Miles couldn't help but shake his head and couldn't help himself but laugh. "Oh Tristan. Yes her name is Amber. She has brown hair. She is pretty but she won't even look your way if she knew you just have a relationship with no strings attached. Please get her for me. Knowing her she has her head in a book at the airport." He said then hung up because he had to go. Amber was indeed with her head in a book. She had finals and she needed to pass.

Hanging up the phone Tristan sighed and went to change into more presentable clothes. When he finished getting ready he took a moment to search for his keys before he headed off. It was his day off the last thing he wanted to do was drive to this airport he spent most of his time but it was a favor for his friend and Miles would have done the same. Parking he ran inside and started to look for Amber. He had heard of her but he never actually saw her before. Brown hair wasn't much of a description to go by but he quickly sorted a young woman with her head in a book as Miles suggested. Placing his hands in his pockets he approached her. "Amber?" He really hoped this was her otherwise he would consider himself a complete idiot.

Amber looked up when she heard someone call out her name. "Tristan?" She asked him as she smiled and shut her nursing book up. "Nice to meet you. So you're my brothers best friend. I don't see why." She said with another laugh as she stood up and got her luggage. "It's nice to meet you by the way."

"What is that supposed to mean?" He asked confused as he took her luggage for her. Did she already have a bad impression of him? Not that he cares but she seemed the sassy type and he was never sure how to handle girls like her.

She laughed softly as she punched him lightly. "Nothing I was just kidding. My brother talks about you a lot." She said as she yawned and followed him to the car. "So you're a pilot too? Do you like it?" She was just trying to make small talk because she felt like she messed up plus he was very handsome and she was very nervous.

"He does does he?" Tristan was nervous as to what his friend had told Amber. It was no doubt he had his flaws but so did everyone else. Putting her bags in the backseat he unlocked the front door for her to get inside. Looking over to her he nodded in response to her question. "It has it's perks but it can be very demanding at points."

Amber couldn't help but laugh again as she nodded. "I know what you mean. All the men in my life are pilots so it's always been just me and my mom a lot of times." She said as she sighed and looked at him. He was very handsome and she admired that. "You're handsome. Miles always said you were ugly." She said with a soft laugh and began to yawn. She was exhausted from her flight over here.

Tristan listened in slight interest to what she said about all the men being pilots. So she understood. Interesting. What she said next he wasn't expecting and he couldn't contain his laughter as he shook his head. "Of course he would, that sounds like him."

Amber laughed with him as she nodded and she admired the way he looked. "Yeah. He's jealous of you I guess." She said with a soft laugh as she looked at his car. "So tell me about your car. I'm assuming it's a 2011. What extras did you add to it?" She said with interest. She loved cars and loved to help fix her dads when he had the time.

Tristan looked to her with a bright smile. "Smart girl, nothing much just a sun roof and heated seats for the winter. Nothing too flashy." Hitting a stop light he turned towards her. "So, why are you here? I mean no offense you're brother's not that interesting and neither is Seattle. All it does is rain."

Amber laughed again as she smiled and looked over at the pilot. "Studying to be an RN. I got a transfer over here so I can focus on just school since I know I have an apartment with my brother. That's really it but the rain is nice. I love the rain so it doesn't bother me much." She admitted with a soft smile as she looked out the window and enjoyed the view of the city. It was pretty. "Can you really bungie jump from the space needle?"

"Ohh, I see going for the big bucks." Tristan says teasingly before he nodded to her question. "Yes ma'am but I wouldn't suggest actually doing it, it seems a little sketchy.

"Always. I have to be financially stable." She said teasingly as well and then smiled big and bright. "Well I'm going to do it anyways. The adrenaline rush will be nice." She said with a laugh as she looked at the space needle. "So I'm starving. Any good restaurants here?"

"So I take it you're the total opposite of your brother? He's timid, I have to pressure him into doing almost anything that seems fun. He's a stick in the mud." Turning his eyes back on the rod he nodded again. "Of course they are, eating out would probably be a good idea because I would bet money the only thing your brother has is some type of Booze and left overs he left in the fridge to grow their own life forms."

Amber sighed as she listened to him. "We are total opposites and as far as food, I don't doubt that. My brothers apartment probably looks like a tornado it too. I don't see how girls aren't turned off when e takes them there." She said with a laugh as she heard her stomach growl. "Any good Italian food? I'm in the mood for some pasta and wine." She said with a soft smile.

(This could end so badly and I'm tempted to go there [emoji23][emoji23])

Tristan laughed so hard by that he teared up a little. "If only you knew the types of girls I've seen him bring home." He says controlling his laughter. "I mean, I probably shouldn't have said that but I wonder the same thing. You like Italian food? I can order you some once we get back. I promise it's worth it."

(I'm up for anything so go for it.)

Amber laughed at him as she sighed and shook her head. "My brother sure is something. I would love to see how many girls stay when they know I'm living there. I'll walk out when they get home on purpose." She said with another laugh as she played a scenario in her mind then looked over at him and smiled. "Order Italian food? I've never once heard of that but if you say it's worth it, I would love that. Got any wine I can drink with it?" She said with a soft laugh but when she saw the apartment complex, she blinked and stared at it. "It's so huge.." She said under her breath and took pictures with her phone. She loved taking pictures and her pictures were like photography pictures. They were perfect according to some people.

"Yeah, it is, it's nice too, I almost feel sorry for myself I'm not home enough to enjoy it." Pulling into his parking space he grabbed her things for her again. "Well, welcome home." He says with a sigh. "I apologize in advance for what you might see, I have not the slightest clue what's behind this door." Reaching for his keys he uncooked Miles door before he took the key off of his key ring and handed it to her. "You'll need it more than me." Setting down her things in the spare room he turned to her. "Not too bad I guess, I'll get to finding that take out menu and see what I can find in wine. There should be cable and you're always welcome to crush Miles in his video games. God, he's such a gamer it's embarrassing."

Amber laughed softly and just looked around the room. Not that bad, just clothes here and there. She was defiantly going to pick them up however. She hated this mess. "Not at all bad. I'll finish picking up but thanks." She said as she smiled at him and put her purse down in the island and took in the view from the living room. It was gorgeous. "I used to crush him at games so I don't want to crush him even more." She teased with another laugh and then nodded. "Thanks again for ordering the food for me."

"It's not a problem really, I'll be back." Leaving her to whatever it was she was going to do he went to order her pasta and grabbed some wine he had in the fridge. After picking up her dinner he brought it back to her, knocking on the door since his hands were full and he no longer had his own key.

(Naw it's so wrong they just key and that's his best friend's sister. [emoji23][emoji23])

Amber was fixing up the apartment and cleaning until she heard the knock at the door. She walked over and opened it as she smiled and helped him with some things and set them on the island. She was now wearing an oversized t-shirt with running shorts and her hair thrown in a dutch braid. "Thanks again. So what pasta did you surprise me with?"

(Just do it[emoji23] I feel like I know what you're thinking.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back