• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Un-Befuddling Britain (interest check - a wizarding world roleplay, oc-rich story, golden trio era, small group - ONE SPOT LEFT)

Pigeon.

bird brain
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
UN-BEFUDDLING BRITAIN
Advert on behalf of Rhiannon Jones, authorised by Pensieve Publishing (Sept. 1995)
OUT OF CHARACTER
IN CHARACTER
SCROLL!
CALLING YOUNG WIZARDING PROFESSIONALS
Bore da! Firstly, many thanks for deciding to stay on this page of the Daily Prophet to give this a read! I bet you're being distracted by that irresistible Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour voucher right in this very moment. I'll cut to the chase in order to not waste your time: I'm looking for a team to help me gather evidence and research for my upcoming book on British wizarding history - Un-Befuddling Britain, a Historical Guide. It will be my first published work and I'm hoping to complete this research within six months.

I can contribute towards costs of accommodation and food along our journey with a lump sum provided by Pensieve Publishing, but we may have to pick up the odd job here and there to continue funding the journey. We will be visiting all corners of the British Isles, and will be frequently visiting Muggle areas of interest.

I can hear the question - What's in it for me? - from a mile away. Well, I am hoping that fellow young professionals like myself who are honing whatever magical talents they might have (herbology, potion-making, Muggle relations, magizoology, ancient runes, astrology etc.) would appreciate the opportunity to travel in order to conduct their own research, gather evidence or just to have the company!

I'm intending to set off sometime this month (September). Please be at least twenty one to contact, as I am twenty four. I am currently taking up residence at the Pensieve Publishing House in the Lake District, please send your personal details via owl and I will contact you if you seem a good fit. Diolch yn fawr!

RULES
NO.1 You must be 18 - I do not roleplay with minors, even in group scenarios - as I am a teacher of 11-16 year olds it feels strange to me to communicate with them.
NO.2 Third person, literate posts required - long novella posts probably won't work for this, but I am looking for 200-300 words at least per post (unless you're doing lots of dialogue!)
NO.3 Your character must be between 21-29. I'm hoping that having our characters be older and more experienced may make the story more mature and allow for darker themes.
NO.4 Ideally, characters will have semi-realistic/drawn/animation style face-claims as I want to avoid celebrity ones - I know that these can sometimes be hard to get though.
NO.5 I'm open to having characters with abilities such as being an Animagus/Metamorphmagus/Werewolf etc, but it has to come with all of the problems associated.
NO.6 While romance between characters can easily develop, and I'm a sucker for a good romance myself, it shouldn't come in the way of the overall narrative.
NO.7 Characters can have links to the existing canon, but overall most be OCs.
READ BEFORE RESPONSE
I'm notoriously bad at committing to group RPs, but this idea has been circling my head for YEARS and with the right players, it can be done! I will need to work out a timeline of key events and firm up an overarching plot, but there is plenty of room for your own characters' motivations to become side plots.

Additionally, as this is set within the Golden Trio era, we have real world events to play with too. This is directly after Voldemort's return, but before the Ministry of Magic accept that he's back.

I'm also of the belief that small groups might work better. With that in mind, I'm setting out a few character 'roles' - once they are filled, that will be it for now.
  • A magizoologist hoping to make their mark by discovering a new species - Danidify Danidify
  • A potion-maker and herbologist seeking rare ingredients - cwosont cwosont
  • An astrologer who is keen to see the skies from all corners of Britain
  • A translator of ancient runes on a mission to decode mind-bogglingly old documents - Arai Arai
  • A Ministry worker for the Department of Muggle Relations, keen to experience Muggle culture around Britain - Archie. Archie.
If you're interested, please provide a writing sample in a spoiler and tell me which role you'd like to take below.

In the mean time, I'll get to work on a character sheet and set up a Discord for OOC chat so that I have actual links! 😊

© pasta

UN-BEFUDDLING BRITAIN
Advert on behalf of Rhiannon Jones, authorised by Pensieve Publishing (Sept. 1995)

CALLING YOUNG WIZARDING PROFESSIONALS
Bore da! Firstly, many thanks for deciding to stay on this page of the Daily Prophet to give this a read! I bet you're being distracted by that irresistible Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour voucher right in this very moment. I'll cut to the chase in order to not waste your time: I'm looking for a team to help me gather evidence and research for my upcoming book on British wizarding history - Un-Befuddling Britain, a Historical Guide. It will be my first published work and I'm hoping to complete this research within six months.

I can contribute towards costs of accommodation and food along our journey with a lump sum provided by Pensieve Publishing, but we may have to pick up the odd job here and there to continue funding the journey. We will be visiting all corners of the British Isles, and will be frequently visiting Muggle areas of interest.

I can hear the question - What's in it for me? - from a mile away. Well, I am hoping that fellow young professionals like myself who are honing whatever magical talents they might have (herbology, potion-making, Muggle relations, magizoology, ancient runes, astrology etc.) would appreciate the opportunity to travel in order to conduct their own research, gather evidence or just to have the company!

I'm intending to set off sometime this month (September). Please be at least twenty one to contact, as I am twenty four. I am currently taking up residence at the Pensieve Publishing House in the Lake District, please send your personal details via owl and I will contact you if you seem a good fit. Diolch yn fawr!

RULES

NO.1 You must be 18 - I do not roleplay with minors, even in group scenarios - as I am a teacher of 11-16 year olds it feels strange to me to communicate with them.
NO.2 Third person, literate posts required - long novella posts probably won't work for this, but I am looking for 200-300 words at least per post (unless you're doing lots of dialogue!)
NO.3 Your character must be between 21-29. I'm hoping that having our characters be older and more experienced may make the story more mature and allow for darker themes.
NO.4 Ideally, characters will have semi-realistic/drawn/animation style face-claims as I want to avoid celebrity ones - I know that these can sometimes be hard to get though.
NO.5 I'm open to having characters with abilities such as being an Animagus/Metamorphmagus/Werewolf etc, but it has to come with all of the problems associated.
NO.6 While romance between characters can easily develop, and I'm a sucker for a good romance myself, it shouldn't come in the way of the overall narrative.
NO.7 Characters can have links to the existing canon, but overall most be OCs.

READ BEFORE RESPONSE
I'm notoriously bad at committing to group RPs, but this idea has been circling my head for YEARS and with the right players, it can be done! I will need to work out a timeline of key events and firm up an overarching plot, but there is plenty of room for your own characters' motivations to become side plots.

Additionally, as this is set within the Golden Trio era, we have real world events to play with too. This is directly after Voldemort's return, but before the Ministry of Magic accept that he's back.

I'm also of the belief that small groups might work better. With that in mind, I'm setting out a few character 'roles' - once they are filled, that will be it for now.
  • A magizoologist hoping to make their mark by discovering a new species - Danidify Danidify
  • A potion-maker and herbologist seeking rare ingredients - cwosont cwosont
  • An astrologer who is keen to see the skies from all corners of Britain
  • A translator of ancient runes on a mission to decode mind-bogglingly old documents - Arai Arai
  • A Ministry worker for the Department of Muggle Relations, keen to experience Muggle culture around Britain - Archie. Archie.
If you're interested, please provide a writing sample in a spoiler and tell me which role you'd like to take below.

In the mean time, I'll get to work on a character sheet and set up a Discord for OOC chat so that I have actual links! 😊

Last edited:
cwosont cwosont All good with me (: I'll put a tag for you next to that role as soon what other interest this gets!

EDIT: Scratch that - it wouldn't let me tag in the main post for some reason, I'll just strike through the role for now!

EXTRA EDIT: I'm an idiot and realised I was only tagging in the mobile friendly section...

Danidify Danidify we would love to see you in the discord!! 💚

gm is also still accepting for the astrologer role! they're a bit busy this weekend, but i'm sure they'll appreciate coming back to some interest~

Super interested, in the astrologer role, Pigeon! I’ll see what I can conjure writing sample-wise… 💜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back