• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Umbrage Asylum for the Insane

Nice snapped his fingers, appearing in front of Alexis. "You know, the elevators can't be opened without one of these." He waves an ID card in his hand. He snapped his fingers again, appearing behind Alexis. His card was put away. The asylum was quite heavily locked up. There actually was no way to get out without an ID card to open the elevators. He took his headphones off.

Yuri started to feel weird. Her head started hurting. Whatever was in the cake was really starting to mess with her head. Just as her head started hurting from the drugs in the cake, her mental episode started up again. Her body was shaking. She held her head weakly with her arms. She tried to let out her pain with a scream, but she still had no voice. Not a single sound came out of her. Yuri's body went absolutely loose as she fell backwards against her chair. Her wheelchair began falling back again.

A picture appeared in Yuri's mind. She couldn't see it clearly, but it was red. What she was seeing, was a dead girl, covered in blood. Her memories started to come back to her. She was beginning to remember the deaths of Nana, Maya, and Sera. She immediately denied it in her head. She hit the floor. Even then, she was still holding her head with her hands. Her eyes were filled with tears as she violently shook her head back and forth. It's not true... It's not true...! It's not true!! These memories...! They can't be real!!

Nice ignored Yuri's pain and walked off. He made it to an elevator, stepping in and making sure nobody else is in with him. He goes down to the second floor. Nice walked to the testing room. "Hey there. Miki, was it? Glad you're awake. I'll tell you this straight. You have two options. Either I kill you right now, or you do something about it."

Miki's eyes widened. She watched as Nice threw her the case she previously had. She stood up, throwing her bass out of the case and sliding her fingers violently across the strings, blasting sound at Nice. The door behind Nice got torn up. Nice stood there, not flinching from the blast that seemed to have missed him and hit the wall, even where it shouldn't have been hit given his position. "Is that all you've got? Geez, I was hopin' for a bit of a challenge."

Nice already had his headphones on before anybody even noticed. "I can see what nobody else can." Miki slid her fingers violently once more. This time, Nice snapped his fingers. He appeared right behind Miki, a hand on her shoulder. "I can see sound." Miki spun around and swung her bass at Nice like some kind of weapon. Nice snapped hid fingers. He appeared on the other side of Miki, with her bass giving off the sound of the strings being strummed. "Such a beautiful sound."

Miki fell to her knees. She let go of her bass. Nice caught it before it could hit the floor. He caught the once more unconscious Miki with his other hand. "Let's leave her with her powers for now. We should restrict her ability to produce sound in any way though. That means her voice as well. Make it so she can still talk, but not loud."

(e.o When somebody makes sure nobody else is with them in an elevator, it means there's no way to hide in the elevator... Where'd Alexis even be able to hide? Plus, he'd definitely hear her step in, and feel her grab him...)

((Swearing~ So if you no like, you no read~ And also, Leon might be coming into play.. Maybe, maybe not...))

"Oh f*cking sh*t!" Rose hissed as she ran a distance away from the testing room to hide behind a wall, hands over her fluffy, sensitive ears, trying to block out the sound that was so painfully loud in her current form. Hopefully no-one had seen (or heard) her flee. When it stopped, she hesitantly removed her hands, her ears still ringing slightly. She heard the faint sound of someone falling, and decided to silently head back to where Miki was. She had fallen to the floor, but the guy with the headphones had caught her, along with her bass. So that was her power? She hadn't caught what he had said his power was, she was too busy running, the bass washing out any other sound.

"Let's leave her with her powers for now. We should restrict her ability to produce sound in any way though. That means her voice as well. Make it so she can still talk, but not loud." He said.

She took a quick breath. This was the time where she needed to go out and help her. But she had doubts. She would potentially have to fight him. And to have to resort to using her other form... Even shifting further into her current one... She didn't want to do that until she absolutely had to. And if she started to lose control, then either she would be injured badly, or she could badly injure him.. And despite what she was doing, she didn't want to hurt him too badly. But she gritted her teeth. She would just have to keep it together.

She stepped away from her hiding place and into plain sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice gently sat Miki down on the floor. He kept hold of Miki's bass though. He strummed it lightly once. Just as his fingers went across the bass's strings, he was gone. There wasn't even enough time for the sound to reach Rose's ears. Just as Rose was able to hear the soft sound the bass made, Nice was behind her. "I knew that I'd have some jealous people spying on me to find out what my powers were, but for there to be a cat? Geez, being the second ever successful experiment makes you an idol, then being an idol makes your life tough... So many people trying to figure out and beat your power."

Nice lightly strummed once more, appearing on the other side of the wall. He was back inside the room, leaning against the wall. "I probably don't have to explain my power right now. It's pretty clear what my power can do." Miki woke up while Nice was talking to Rose. "That was... quite fun..." Miki coughed up a little blood. She was sitting up. "I get it now... Such an interesting power... Quite unique, too..." Miki forced herself to stand up, spitting a little blood at the floor again.

"Impressive, Miki. I can tell you've figured my powers out a little. For that, I'll give you my name. I'm Nice, or Successful Experiment No. 2, as Dr. Drakos and everybody who works here calls me. Miki, you're the first person to ever figure it out. In fact, not even those who gave me this power knows the truth behind it. They think It's warping because I was experimented on with Moral's DNA, a person who was born with the power to warp."

(Nice just showed off his power a little to stop Alexis from going outside of the building, Miki's been beaten up twice by Nice, Yuri's on the floor from her wheelchair fallin' back again and her head's in pain as she's shaking it violently in tears, Blair's been affected by the drugs in the cake, and Belphegor hasn't done shit. Everythin' else either doesn't affect the situation of my char's, or I've just missed/forgotten about.)

She bristled when he said cat.

"I am not a cat. And you are probably the last person I would think of as an idol." she growled, flexing her fingers. God he was annoying. So self obsessed. Keeping an eye on Nice, her ears still flattened to her head, she quickly ran over to Miki, avoiding the blood. Was the after-effects of her powers really that bad? Nice's words registered briefly. Who the hell is Moral? But she was more focused on helping Miki.

"That was... quite fun... I get it now... Such an interesting power... Quite unique, too..." Miki said. Rose had a vague idea of what Nice's power was, but she wasn't completely sure. But ,at that moment in time, she didn't particularly care, either.

"Are you ok?" Rose asked. "Actually, that was a stupid question. You're obviously not ok."

She looked back up to Nice, green eyes narrowed.

So what now?

"Do we really all need to fight like this, what is your peoples problems. Can we please just call in Dr.Drakos and get this over with, I dont feel like spending more time then I need to in here. This room is borring and the sounds are really annoying me." sighs softly and and went over to Miki and Rose "she is no good to him dead so I would suggest taking her to a medical room, Let me know if anything happens" turns to leave.

"I'm guessing I'm the only one here who knows about Moral, given the looks you all had when his name was mentioned. Moral was... Dr. Drakos's first assistant. Moral was also... No, never mind. I won't say that part. I can tell you Moral died four years ago. You see, Moral was a very special person. All of us here have a single power, right? Moral, had two powers. He could warp around wherever he wished. He could also change his appearance at any given time."

Miki wiped the blood off of her cheek. "I'm quite fine. Just got hit quite hard by him. Twice today, I've gotten to see such a unique power." Nice took his headphones off of his ears and placed them on his neck. "My power... My sound can't even compare to yours, can it... I knew manipulating sound was possible thanks to my power, but... You can actually see sound... You can also travel inside of sound... Am I right...?" Nice looked at her for a few seconds. He then clapped his hands. "You've figured out my powers, Miki. Dr. Drakos was right... There are some talented minds in that batch of students."

Miki was fine. She didn't need any medical attention. Well, that's what she thought, but her body would get a bit damaged if she didn't do something to make sure she isn't coughing up too much more blood. It wasn't nearly bad enough to kill her though. "Well, now that I've learned everything I came here for... Care to let me get back to my tour?"

Nice knew he'd gone too far with the cold act, and that stopping it now would make him look even more of a jerk. He actually didn't care about himself one bit like he'd been making himself seem. He didn't think of himself as an idol. Those were all just empty words to keep up the appearance that would keep himself from getting attached to people, for other people's sake. Ever since he caused his childhood friend, Birthday, to die, he'd decided never to get close to someone again, to keep others from being hurt.

Miki was about to leave. "I'm sorry, but you've learned too much. Dr. Drakos'd have me joining Moral if I let you go, then he'd have you killed before you could leak any info. If you'd come with us, nobody'd have to die." Miki closed her eyes and tilted her head down. Her shoulders shook for a second. She was starting to giggle from everything. "I made the right choice coming here. I didn't think anybody'd show me their powers if I asked, but... You just made coming here worth it." She kept giggling. After a few seconds, she stopped.

Miki whistled a high-pitched, but almost silent whistle. It hurt everybody's ears a little bit before she went unconscious. She was strangely smiling. It was clear everything that'd happened was what she'd asked for, not something Nice'd rudely done. "Geez, she's an interesting girl." And a cute one, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
"This is really getting on my nerves, can we please kill her alex, please ohh please, it would be fun don't worry" (did miki pass out again) "Why do we keep having to do this its so boring, I have to stand around all day and pick people out like this, such a stupid job" sits at the door waiting to see if anything else happens before he deciedes to leave or not just incase.

((Rose is a patient, and Leon (my other char) is an experiment, but I'm waiting a bit to start with him..))

(Uhm... Fire can't stop sound... Fire creates sound... Plus, Nice'd be able to see you, as he has eyes y'know... Plus, temperature doesn't stop the fact he'd still feel you touching...)

(Then he'd hear the melting, see the melted area as he looked around... The reason I did this making sure nobody followed part is 'cause having four characters there's enough as it is. A fifth would make things go a little less smooth on the progression, as there'd be a bit of problems deciding what does and doesn't happen.)

(If she entered after he'd checked, she wouldn't have been albe to get in. Normally, you check for anybody hidden in the elevator after the doors close, y'know.)

(It would be almost impossible to not make noise. If she were to try and melt the door as it starts moving, He'd see her do it, and even if she did so when he couldn't see her melt it, it'd take at least a few seconds to melt the door to jump through, by which time the elevator'd be down at sub level 2.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back