• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Umbrage Asylum for the Insane

Laney Lane

Lurking Neko that is dark and is writing a book
Welcome to Umbrage Asylum where we focus in special cases of psychotics. The ones we take in believe they have powers, ranging from telekinesis to pyrokinesis. Of course this is nonsense. But because they believe it so much, we keep most of them drugged and unable to use their "powers" as they like to believe. We hope you join the tour of our facility and in turn want to come work here one day. You'll never have a bored day after all.

PLOT: Students come to tour the facility and the patients finally escape. Some students may die if you wish, the patients run off with the students and soon they are pursued by the few successful experiments. (It's a escape and avoid capture while causing mayhem type, we can always expand the plot.)

Truth:

Umbrage Asylum is a place where special cases go. But these patients that they take in ranging from 16-20 aren't exactly crazy. They do in fact have powers. But as the note said above, they do in fact keep them drugged so they are unable to use such powers. The Asylum is doing experiments on their patients, in attempts to take their powers for themselves, but success has been limited. This has been going on for years under the eye of the owner and president, Dr. Drakos, who is relentless in his pursuit to duplicate the powers and transplant them in others, he even experimented on his own daughter, who was surprisingly a success, though the first few before her weren't so lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
At this time in the morning, the asylum was usually quiet, the nurses moving from room to room, checking on each patient, making sure they were given their medication to keep them and their powers subdued while they slept, but it wasn't like that today. There was a charge of anxiety and uncertainty in the air as the nurses moved about quickly to and fro from room to room. And this only ever happened on visitation day. A day where students interested in becoming psychologists and exploring workings of the mind came to explore the facility that had state of the art equipment and was known for its new treatments and techniques in helping its patients. Or at least that was what all the papers said. The Dr. Drakos was on the verge of discovering and accomplishing something that no one has even begun to see before. What they didn't know is that he had already managed just that feet, but the man couldn't stop playing God and wanted more, and visitation days meant new minds and new ideas along with potential employees and he looked forward to the new stock.

Umbrage Asylum is a large, white building on the outskirts of a city, surrounded by a 9 ft metal fence. It appeared to be two stories with few windows, and if there was any windows, they were all barred with iron to ensure no one escapes. But that was just the outside. Once you entered, you'd be greeted by the receptionist and searched, before allowed to sign in and talk with either Dr. Drakos himself, or one of the nurses, or other doctors that worked there. At the end of the lobby there is a door that you can only get through with a key card and beyond that there is a two elevators facing each other and halls that lead to the offices and the files of all patients and events that have taken place. The aluminum tile is white and almost blinding under the fluorescent lights. On these kinds days, students only ever visit the first floor and second floor, which houses a few patients, they are hardly ever shown, the sub levels, the levels that no outsider knows about That's where they have the dangerous ones, the constantly medicated patients who are a harm to others and themselves. The layout of the floors are all the same with a nurses' station in the middle of the hall and the rooms on either side of it, excluding sub level two. Where it is indeed the same there are also extra rooms where surgeries and experiments take place. Its the level all patients hate.

Iris let out a soft almost, psychotic giggle as she finished slipping into the scrubs of the nurse she had been impersonating the past two days. The lady looked very similar to the doctor's daughter, almost like an older version of herself, it was uncanny, but useful in the young woman's plan. Th nurse, Holly, had been the only one there when Iris had one of her psychotic outbursts, and the girl had easily over powered her, since nurse Holly was scared of harming the daughter of the prestigious doctor. She rolled her eyes and she pulled up her hair, imitating the nurse's style and look as she had the previous days. She held the card key in her hand and exited the room, pushing the glasses on her nose, up so they covered her eyes a little more. Now why would an experiment pose as a nurse and plan a mass wide escape and possible massacre? It was simple really. Underneath her compliant and submissive exterior, Iris was angry and full of hate. She loved her father, sure, on some level, but that didn't stop the loathing for everything she went through. But Dr. Drakos had conditioned her to obey and not have much of a mind of her own and it worked... Until her psychotic episodes started happening and her suppressed emotions and desires began to show through them. She wanted of this hateful place, and the only way to do that, was to rile things up, let a few experiments loose and then she'd get out for a while. She'd round them all up and return as she is suppose to.

No, we'll leave and forget this place. Who cares what the others do? Dad wouldn't like that. He isn't going to like this. We should stop. I'm fine with being here. No you aren't! We're leaving, even if you are just going to return to this horrendous place. I can still change your mind.

She shook her head and pulled her card key out to swipe it at the staircase. She entered and went up one level to Sub Level one, she peered around and moved towards the patient rooms. It was nearing 8 o' clock. Time for meds. Only the patients hadn't been getting their usual dose of medications for the past 8 hours, which would mean they should be feeling a little more lucid than usual. Well they hadn't been getting their power suppressant med that is, just a fake. There was no way she could have stopped giving the sedatives, but now she didn't have to. It would take a while, probably well into the tour and visitation would they get some feeling and be able to stand and cause havoc. That was what she was looking forward to. She slipped past the nurses, swiping a few more key cards and pocketed them. She then moved to one room and while no one was looking she opened the door and slipped a card inside. She did this with another door. She left not too long after that. She couldn't risk visiting level 2, not with her father up there. So she returned to sub level 1 changed back into her clothes and went to her room, just before they entered to draw her blood for the new round suppressants they'd be making for the day.

Christian laid in a bright room, lights shining everywhere , his room made especially for him. All of it was a blinding white, the florescent lights bright and blinding. There was no shadow to be seen, lights having been placed under the bed and any other object in the room. Not that he could make a shadow himself since he was being restrained and was tied down to the bed. His eyes were closed tightly to the annoying light, but his eyelids still glowed red. He couldn't stand the light, it hurt him, made him feel nauseous almost, weak. He could feel his drugs ebbing away, not that it did much good, since he knew the nurse would be coming for him soon.But it was weird that he had felt the ties to his shadows stronger than usual, even if there was none in his room. Maybe they were getting lazy, but that didn't fit right. He cursed tiredly under his breath. He hated the light, he hated them. Period. He needed his shadows. He pulled weakly against his restraints, knowing it was useless. After he had harmed a nurse, torturing her, they had taken away all the darkness in his room, and tied him down to be sure he didn't try anything. He nearly growled, somehow knowing they were peering at him through the window in his door. He heard the door open and something scrape across the floor and then the door closed. He frowned, his lethargic mind not quite understanding what was happening, or about to happen today.

"Please follow me, and do not wander off," one of the nurses cooed to the students as she walked down the hallway with the small group of kids behind her. Honestly, she wasn't sure why the director had allowed for students to be allowed into the asylum. Of course, it was for educational reasons, but that didn't mean she was very fond of it. Something inside of her, perhaps intuition, was telling her that something wasn't right. That something was bound to go wrong, and she wasn't sure what it was. That worried her the most. She swiped her card at the leveator and took them to level 2, to show them around and answer their questions.

(Sorry the end is rushed. But I have work and its a double. It doesn't have to be that long guys. Hahaha sorry!!! BYE)

Blair walks in the back of the group taking notes on anything important about the facility. She doesn't know why but it feels like this is the place, this is where she want to start a carreer. For two months she has been looking for the perfect workplace and finally she struck the jackpot, the technology was top notch and the patcients cases varied greatly, and the building even had a strange twisted beauty to it with its sterile color scheme. This place surely was a phycologists paradise and there was no way she was letting this opertunity slide.

(I'm assumin' Belph's in sub-level one or two right now, as it's not really listed in the overview where I'm at, y'know...)

Belphegor was in his little room, one of the cuter workers there, who was tasked with taking watch over him because she was supposedly 'sinless', in order to keep his powers from taking control of her, like he did to the last person he had taking care of him. He had one hand on her chin, seemingly flirting with the girl, not a single other soul there to take witness to his actions. He kissed the girl softly, causing her to faint from the shock of their lips meeting. He caught her, softly sitting her in a chair and taking her key card before leaving the room.

Belphegor took a look around the level of which he was in, though was uncertain if they'd brought him back to sub-level 1 yet, or if he was still in sub-level 2 from how he caused a bit of murder by manipulating the inner sinful emotions within his last caretaker. Regardless, he made his way to the students, sneaking into the crowd just as they all walked into the elevator. He'd put one male student into an unconscious state just before joining in, taking all of his belongings, especially any money he had on him. Clearly, he'd let his greed take a little control, as as he now had all the money from the five closest students, them unable to even know he'd stolen their money without checking their pockets or wherever their money was at.

Belphegor made his way to Blair without really intending to. Eventually, he took notice of her, deciding to give his shot at the girl, but just as he was about to talk to her, one of the few people who was watching over him walked by, so he had to hide his face slightly for a few seconds, until the man was gone. He revealed his face once more, looking at Blair in a painful-friendly way, speaking in a painful, lacking existence way. "I'm Belphegor... Pleasure to meet you..."

One of the other students started trying to make fun of him for the 'Belphegor' name. He simply reacted by snapping his fingers in a lazy and uninterested way that held some kind of aura as though he was some kind of cool guy, making the student's best friend start letting out his angry thoughts towards him, then the student who made fun of Belphegor's desire to punch his best friend come to light, making him and his best friend argue a bit before breaking up, going to opposite sides of the crowd of students. "One insult leads to another... Such is the truth, behind the sins in all hearts."

Sitting alone in his room, listening to the sounds coming from the hallway "Do you think we will be able to leave soon alex, it sounds like a lot of people are on this floor today." Alex responds in a soft sigh "No we wont ever have the option to leave this place, you should know that Alexandra." Gets up slowly and looks out the window of into the hall way, seeing a student passing by alex enters his mind. "Hello my name is alex, Why are you here?" Frightened the student explains why they are in the building. "Get me out of here, or else I will kill you" Alex brings him back to the real world and goes back to the corner in his room. "You know you couldn't kill him alex" "Yes I know" lies down on the bed and closes my eyes waiting for the workers to give him drugs.

alexis trying not to get angry knowing that the drugs are about to wear off thinks of music to calm herself.

after a while she hers the card scratching and she looks away slowly acting as if she is asleep.

this was her chance to get back at them.

Blair notes thats there's something... different about the patients here and tries not to make eye contact as she passes by them on the tour. After awhile she reads over her notes she made over various subjects ranging from neurobiology to her laughable attemps on trying to understand simple computer software. She is later interupted as Belphegor introduces himself to her, she moves away slightly and tries acting shy to see if he'll leave her alone, she's far to busy to deal with a social life or romantic interests currently.

(Imma make this a little long, so forgive me 'bout this shit.)

Belphegor pulled out a penny from his pocket. He flipped the coin up over and over, eventually catching it on the tip of his index finger. He rolled his finger in, holding the penny atop his index finger and under his thumb. He flicked the coin straight at the door to the room Alex rested in, the penny going through the door the skinny way, leaving zero holes, sticking to the back of the room. It was clear Belphegor had flung that penny. There was zero sound from the penny going through the door.

Belphegor'd changed the properties of the penny and the door, having turned the location the penny went through to a liquid for the moment the penny went through, then the penny to a gas, turning the liquid and the penny back to solid just as the penny was through the door. He cave a lazy glare with his eyes before the penny flew back towards the door, actually attached to a nice string, which allowed Belphegor to use his powers on the door and penny through indirect contact. The penny hit flat against the door, then pulled it open slightly, the lock on the door broken then repaired. Only Belphegor, and those in the room that watched the penny could tell the door was opened slightly.

Belphegor's penny went right back through the door, slipping back to his hand. He threw the coin in his pocket, amused at how none of the people around him noticed such a trick being done. His little charade as student was done for when the same man he hid his face from earlier came back down the hall, seeing Belphegor's face and immediately grabbing his arm, trying to steal Belphegor from the crowd of students without any kind of scene, though that was what it was going to turn in to.

Belphegor grabbed the man's wrist, making his strength three times the normal level, as well as weakening the man's wrist before breaking it with one simple squeeze. He snapped the fingers of his free right hand before flicking the guy's forehead with his left hand, sending him flying back against the wall, just barely enough strength behind it to actually do so. Since they were sort of close to the wall, it looked more like Belphegor was a normal kid that had just defended himself against a random worker who tried to attack him.

"Such a pain... Everywhere I go..." Belphegor kept a painful attitude. The man held his broken wrist, slowly stumbling up to his feet and trying to grab Belphegor with his free hand. "Dammit Makoto, you're supposed to be in your room right now, not playing student!" Belphegor dodged the hand. "Never call me Makoto...!" Belphegor looked at him with an evil glade for a moment, flicking him on the forehead with enough power to knock him out as he got slammed to the wall quite hard.

Two more of the workers came to help try and restrain Belphegor, him snapping his fingers, causing the two that rushed from opposite sides to immediately turn on each other out of their lust; their heavy desire to be the single person rewarded for subduing an out-of-control experiment. Belphegor looked off to his left slightly, as though looking at somebody. He looked up slightly. "Asmodeus, your lust's quite the thing, isn't it?"

The two men suddenly became too lazy to keep going on, so they both parted ways and held the same painful look Belphegor had. They both made their way elsewhere, now out of sight. "Everything's such a pain... Even living..." Belphegor looked back over at Blair. "I hope you're not going to make things a pain as well by ignoring me... I get quite tired of things when I'm ignored by the few people I decide to actually talk to..."

Belphegor was immediately interrupted by some kind of tranquilizer dark hitting him in the neck. He stays frozen in place for a moment, looking as though about to collapse. The dart held no effect on him though, and he just as suddenly returned to his painful look. The dart fell straight down to his left hand, the actual needle part nowhere to be found. The needle wasn't even left in his neck, as it never even pierced the skin.

Belphegor tossed the dart back up, the needle reforming out of nowhere. He flicked it towards behind him with the tip of his index finger, sending it flying too fast to even be seen, sticking into the shoulder of the very man that fired the dart at him, all the way down at the end of the hall, mostly hidden by the corner. "Ah... I try and enjoy playing a kid in school, and I get this trouble instead..."

Sits up slightly and sees the door open "Well it seems you were wrong Alex" "Shut up" Slowly opens the door and talks to one of the students scaring them into giving me their clothes. I join the group of students and stands next to Belphegor. whispers "how'd you get out?"

Belphegor looks at Alex, clearly tired of the world. "Ever brought forth the sins of a person who had no sins...?" He snaps his fingers silently, which causes a girl's most prominent sinful emotions and feelings to surface. The girl was full of lust, and immediately grabbing on to Belphegor's arm and hugging it tightly, her face bright red. She was quite cute, yet held some kind of mature feeling to her appearance. Belphegor turned to her. "Ah, another cutie who's fallen in love with me..." He kisses the girl a few seconds, then looked back at Alex. "I control the seven sins and any emotions tied to them within everything. I can also... manipulate physical properties. For instance..." He flung his penny straight at Alex's forehead, it splashing out as water upon contact. The water becomes ice once away from him, then reforms in the shape of pennies, about ten of them. They ware all exactly like the penny, aside from now transparent and made of ice. They dropped to the floor before returning to normal pennies, tails up.

"hmm, that's nice isn't alexandra, Thanks for you help. They will send her after us you know. We need to think of something quick before she gets here." Looking around to make sure Iris is not coming or anyone else. "if we are going to escape we need more people"

"Escape...? All I want, is to have some fun before I'm killed..." He gave a quick dead laugh before two more girls came up just light the one still clinging to his arm, all three girls giving in to lust, yet somehow not fighting, as he'd suppressed any desires to have him to themselves. They all clung to him. "This is definitely fun... I haven't even had a girl look at me in two years... Exception being, one they put watching over me two days ago..." He was starting to change to his more lustful self due to his use of powers to manipulate the lust inside of the people, though kept most of his laziness to him, as it'd been what he'd used the most by far in the past two years.

"Now that I think about it... My birthday's a few weeks away, isn't it...? Oh well... Today was such a fine day to get out of that room... The two-year anniversary, of becoming an experiment... Scheduled for my birthday... a party to celebrate the two-year anniversary of killing my parents... Oh how life holds so little joy for me... I find it... lovely..."

"Hmm well, if you don't plan on escaping I don't any use to me. Thanks for the help and enjoy life here" Walks away heading in the opposite direction of the rest of the group. Staying in the shadows of the hallway and mumbling to myself.

Belphegor threw the ID card towards Alex, it flying like a bullet past his head, sticking right in the wall. "You'll need that, by the way. Also, I'd recommend... Never mind." As he said the last two words, he started to walk back over to Alex, the three girls that were clinging to him moments before now all fighting with each other over who gets to be with him. "Let's go have some fun... I'm bored with those girls."

(@UltraYuseke you're character seems over powered. He needs more of a weakness. And it really is suppose to be one power per patient. I didn't notice the second power. Sorry.

Controlling a sin is fine, all the main deadly sins as well, and amplifying them. But only when they are exuding and showing such a sin.

The way you have your character makes it hard to believe he was even captured and subdued in the first place. Their powers shouldn't be at their strongest just yet. It can't be a walk in the park to leave because that defeats the purpose.

Side note: you are changing his strength and other things as well. That should be kept the same.)

(Well... not sure what to do, then... All of that work... How should I proceed... Now that I'm finding out you didn't really notice I had a second power when you accepted my char... Also, he wasn't ever really captured and subdued. He was compliant, for the most part, given he willingly let himself become an experiment. Not sure how to proceed now that all this is coming up...)

Everything was very grey and foggy thanks to the medication that was constantly pumped into him. It made him unable to thank straight or process anything on the outside world. Not that that wasnt normal for him but still... Thankfully he still had his imagination and schizophrenia wasn't really that treated by it in fact it gave B and Lily freedom in his mind since he can no longer keep them under wraps.

The docters didnt need to know about that though.

Yawning Crimson looked around boredly sucking on his imaginary candy Cain. It was tastless but gave him something to do. Really you would think he would be having a blast lost in his imagination but its been a while since he was put on the weird medication so he's done all there is to be done. Now he was just boreeed.

Beside him B hummed happily in his own little torture chamber as he sliced up a living victim. The victims screams of pain bounced off the walls like the annoying buzz of a bee. It wont stop unless the bee was killed. Thankfully B soon grew bored and sliced the victims throat making his screams turned to gurgles. Sighing Crimson turned his gaze over to Lily her long brown hair in pink tails as she danced in a little meadow picking flowers and humming ignoring B and his victim. She has gotten quiet good at the he noted as he stood to join her.

"What's up lily?" Crimson asked sitting on a great bench. Lily glanced at him amused and stopped humming. "Your bored sent you?"

Deciding not to try and keep it a secret since he would fail Crimson nodded sending her a pout as he fell from the bench and onto the grass to watch the endless grey sky above. " Very. I need your wisdom dear sorceress. Tell me is there any way out of this place?"

Lily collapsed next to him by the force of her giggles. After a moment she regained her composer though small outburst still poured from between her lips occasionally. Looking at him with sparkling Blue eyes she teased. " I may know something."

Crimson dramatically gasped crawling toward her to collapse at her side. Begging he looked at her. " Please dear Sorceress give me your wisdom. I beg of you."

"Alright! Alright!" Lily yelled between giggles. Putting on a serious face ruined by her smile she patted him on the head. " Soon you will be released from your colorless prison."

"How long until then?" Crimson practically shouted desperate to get away from here. He was so bored.

Lily just smirked at him and he was about to scream at her for answers when he noticed something.. Weird? The place seemed to be fading leaving B and Lily as the only clear things. "What?" He muttered but neither answered only smirked as he was ingulfed in darkness.

In a dark scarcly decorated room lit up by a lone light bulb a nurse new to the place watched with fear from the floor as one of the more dangerous patients gasped his eyes shooting open. Curious Crimson looked around the room taking note that beside the hospital bed and iv drip on the floor there was nothing else decorated it. How rude you would think they could spare a few flowers to liven it up a bit. Huffing he turned his gave onto the nurse on the floor taking note of her twisted ankle. The foolish girl must have tripped and taken the iv out. He honestly thought the medicine would have taken longer to fade though. Oh well.

Good for him bad for the girl.

Sending her a charming smile as he ignored Bs cackling form he chirped. "Where exactly am I darling? She stuttered unable to answer as her mind was clouded with fear. She wasn't even supposed to be here. She had just wanted to explore! Unfortunately Crimson wasn't a patient person and her stutters turned into screams that abruptly ended before they began.

Giggling Crimson skipped from his room swinging the keys lazily clad in the nurses gown as he headed were he heard people after locking the door behind him. Hopefully they would be friendly. He liked having friends.

B cackled in his mind and Lily began humming again content to stay out of sight for now.

Back in his room the nurse clad only in her underware shivered and curled up in a ball. She laid unconscious in a puddle of her own blood from a hit to the head with the sheet from the bed stuffed in her mouth and keeping her hands tied together. At least Crimson hadn't killed her.

(Sorry for long post)

(I can do something about the being overpowered part, such as make his head start pounding hard after a certain point. He's only really stopped four people from getting him as well, so... Let's say he's easy to stop by a large group, something like six/ten people'd suffice. Anyways, gotta go now... I'll make any changes later, as it's a bit hard to really change anything when you're down to fifteen minutes before you literally pass out.)

"Sounds good" taking the card out of the wall. "We will want a few more to help us if we are going to get past her. Lucky for us most of the stronger ones are on this floor" checking the hallway and heading down the hallway and runs into crimson

(

UltraYuseke said:
(Well... not sure what to do, then... All of that work... How should I proceed... Now that I'm finding out you didn't really notice I had a second power when you accepted my char... Also, he wasn't ever really captured and subdued. He was compliant, for the most part, given he willingly let himself become an experiment. Not sure how to proceed now that all this is coming up...)
(And that is my fault. But if he is an experiment his powers must have flaws. And if he wanted to be there and volunteered to do so, causing hvoc seems strange. But he is crazy so that is understandable.

Since it was my slip, he can keep both, but that means he just needs to have more flaws, its taxing on him, it wears him out, gives him headaches and gets more painful as he continues to use it. Anything like that is fine. .

(@Tanshin I thought Alex was an experiment... my whole world just got turned upside down)

Crimsons hummed as he neared the talking. Finally he will get to speak to real people! His humming was cut off as someone suddenly turned the corner and ran into him. Yelping his stumbled back barely stopping himself from falling. A little angery at almost falling he pouted looking at the man his anger leaving as he realized it was another human. Excited he looked at him with wide eyes literally bouncing as he held out his hand and began to ramble. " My names Crimson. Are you really another human? because if you sent I'm going to be really disappointed. Where are we?"

(@Tanshin so one going against the system and running as well? )

( I need to breathe and think and just maybe go over everything again... I'll reply later... tomorrow after work around 5/6pm. Goodbye)

(Yeah, manipulating physical objects (which includes strength, durability, etc. of himself) weakens his body in proportion to the manipulation done, though if not too severe, can mend itself. Manipulating the sinful emotions of others can cause severe headaches, possibly even send him into insanity temporarily (if not already as insane as can be), and will then soon lead to unconsciousness, possibly a full coma-like state. In fact, I'll make light effect of that right now before I go.)

Belphegor placed one hand on the side of his face, two fingers covering his eye lightly. His head hurt a bit, though he ignored it for now. His right arm was actually too loose at present to really use, making it his left hand currently held to his head. He closed and opened his right hand a few times slowly, a cracking sound able to be heard if placed right next to it. Just my luck... Powers are already getting to me... Guess I don't have my full strength back after that year locked up with some kind of drugs... "Hey, I'm one of those stronger ones, you know. Unless, of ocurse, you didn't see me take out those four guys without anything more than one hand, and barely at that." He turned the corner to see Crimson there with Alex.

Belphegor was obviously an experiment given how he was completely odd compared to the other two. He was quite definitely insane, but held this aura of self-control that could only come from knowing he was there willingly or emotionally forced to be willingly there. "So, are you an experiment too, or are you just one of the patients they've holed up in a coma...? I'm guessing the latter..." Belphegor decided to just not continue on, as he'd rather not get found by more people at the time. He made his way to the crowd of students, blending in once more after they'd been calmed down and told everything was okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back