• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Ulgaria: Adventures in a Grim World (Closed for now.)

I think it looks fun. How does the magic system work exactly?
Basically magic is split into many "Traditions" (basically types of magic). For example a fire mage uses mainly fire spells from the fire magic tradition. Though there are unique magical traditions/lores which belong to certain factions and cultures. For example the subculture of Derro who make their home amongst spider-infested caves have a magical tradition focused on spiders and venoms.

A mage can cast magic in many ways. Sometimes the spell is as simple as thinking of it (for example thinking of a fireball in your hand and conjuring it), other times it may require a word to be spoken or hand gestures or even certain rituals to be done. The origins of magic are a mystery, but it seems whatever the Titans did to manipulate the world also let's magic flow more freely.

My idea was for a puppetmaster/doll maker to make life sized creations that she can make fight for her and have some sort of intelligence to them. Would that work?

After a few more character sheets perhaps and after I approve em all. I ofc appreciate people who submit em, but I may ask for changes after reading em all fully so they fit better into the world n all that
Alright! And yeah do let me know if i need to change anything.

Hi!!

K I know I said I dint want to do the whole guns thing but changed my mind lol. BUT! First can i be a pilot? Like if its ww1 tech then there are like planes and airships then right?

Hi!!

K I know I said I dint want to do the whole guns thing but changed my mind lol. BUT! First can i be a pilot? Like if its ww1 tech then there are like planes and airships then right?
There are Airships/Zeppelins! Dwarves (with aid from Gnomes, Humans and other more industrialized races) have also created the flying machine (basically small Helicopters). Planes do not exist. (Though Zepellins/Airships basically replace them.)

Still kind of undecided on my character idea. Demonic biomancer,or animate doll that's completely unrelated to the doll-animating magician?

Still kind of undecided on my character idea. Demonic biomancer,or animate doll that's completely unrelated to the doll-animating magician?
But that would be so cool if they were somehow related. Either way, I think my character will be very fond/interested in yours if you go that route.

Alright, I am home! Letting you all know that I will be reviewing all your character sheets soon. So stay tuned as I will review em all in bulk haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back