• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Two years of peace // 1x1 Unova RP [PRIVATE]

blitzfritz

he's so babygirl i want him to know the horrors
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1639791998557.png

Two years.

Two years since the arrival of Team Plasma, two years since the incident at the league, two years since Ghensis' arrest and N's disappearance as the King of Team Plasma, and of the vanishing of the hero of Unova, who meddled in Team Plasma's affairs every step of the way. Two years of relative peace and of technological prosperity, with the construction of the Marine Tube, Pokestar Studios, and the Pokemon World Tournament, among other changes.

Two years.

/ 🎶The City of New Beginnings (B2W2 ver.) - Aspertia City🎶 /

Two years and some weeks. On the cusp of spring, where the bitterly cold north was to warm up with the sun's rays, a trainer and her pokemon was looking over the outlook in Aspertia City. The girl, her cape fluttering in the wind, was gazing over the scenery that the lookout provided-forests, a lake, and mountains. It wasn't much, but while Evangeline didn't call the city her home, it was close enough to Virbank City that it would be easy to get there. It was just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the city, after all.

The blue-haired girl gave a sigh in contentment, before hearing a ping from her Xtransceiver; a short message from her father, Evaline saw. The contents were as follows: "I'll be in Nimbasa for the next few weeks to oversee a production-the musical calls. Love you, don't get into trouble." Evangeline leaned back a bit on the bench, feeling something tiny squirm on her back, before shooting a simple text back to her father: "ok. love you too."

A ping to show that the message went through, before the girl glanced over the lookout to the scenery. In all honesty, she did wish that her father's work didn't take up so much of his time-crossing her hands over her lap, Evaline took a few deep breaths before finally addressing that squirming that was occurring on her back. She quickly reached behind her...and pulled out a Sewaddle.

"Penny..."

The Sewaddle, Penny, folded her bonnet-like leaf over her face in a pout as Evaline clicked her tongue. She wasn't scolding the bug-type, of course, but when an equally stubborn but friendly Sewaddle becomes your partner for your journey, you'll usually find the Sewing Pokemon in places that they refuse to move from. Like the inside of the girl's cape.

// _Graphite_ _Graphite_

Last edited:
The voyage to Unova had been an unforgiving one. The ship had been packed from stern to bow with excitable trainers eager to travel to a new land. With so many bodies packed into one vessel it left very little room for one the properly lounge about. This entire ordeal had left a certain white-haird individual a little irritable. The voyage from Johto lasted only a day but that was enough to draw Nero stir crazy. He needed to plant his feet on solid ground and soon. Luckily the vessels captain announced that they were now docking in the Unova region. Without a moments hesitation Nero quickly gathered his belongings an darted to the ships rear. Once the proper docking procedures had finished Nero quickly departed the ship; ignoring the handouts that the crew were passing out to each trainer. That was a big mistake on his part.

Nero couldn't be happier being out in the open. He let out a sigh of content as he felt a gentle breeze pass by. He then reached down to the Poke Ball clipped to his belt and released the creature within. Within moments a small draconic looking Pokemon formed before him. The Jangmo-o let out a small yawn as he stretched. "You're looking better. Sleep well?" Nero asked the small Dragon-Type who offered a nod in agreement. Much like Nero the Jangmo-o wasn't comfortable with the voyage and had in fact gotten a little sea sick within the first few hours. So Nero thought it would be for the best if his Pokémon spent the remainder of the trip in its Poke Ball. "Good to know. Just one more thing before we get going." He added.

Reaching into his bag he brought out his Pokègear; a device native to his home region. Good he was still getting a signal all the way out here in Unova. Looks like that new update his mother installed was working properly. Speaking of whom Nero noticed he had a message from her. He opened it and couldn't help but smile as he read it.

"Hey kid by now you should've arrived in Unova. Just remember things there are a lot different than in Johto. Much more of a hustle and bustle type region. Just do your best to stay out of trouble and try not to embarrass yourself out there. Oh and Lance wishes you luck as well."

He then began to type his own reply. "Dont worry I have Aegis with me. We'll watch each others back." Once finished he hit send. Now for some that may have seemed like an extremely casual way for a parent and child to speak to one another. Though those who new Clair understood that's just the way she was. She wasn't one to express her emotions so casually. She was no helicopter mom and expected Nero to clean up any messes he got himself into. Of course this is not to say that she didn't love him, she did ever so deeply. After all Nero was the only good thing that He had left her with. "Come on Aegis no point in wasting anymore time." With that the two made their way into town which had a sign saying Aspertia City at its entrance.

Once the two had entered the city they aimlessly wandered about for the next fifteen minutes. How could they have gotten lost so easily? This place wasn't that big. The least the ships crew could've done was hand out maps for everyone... oh... Was that what they're passing out to everyone? It was then that Nero realized his mistake. Aegis let out a small growl as he glanced up at his trainer. "Yeah. Yeah. We're lost I get it. Just give me a moment to think." He glanced around and in the distance noticed a platform that overlooked the entire city. How coincidental. "Come on we'll get a better view from up there." It had taken them only a few minutes to reach the the overlook and a few more to climb the stairs, but by the time they reached the top Nero was breathless. Not from his long walk but at the sight before him. "Well would you look at that." he mused. It had taken him a moment to realize that he wasn't the only visitor there.

// _Graphite_ _Graphite_

The lookout was the prime spot for travelers to rest at for a few minutes, if only to enjoy the view it gave. Aspertia City, while it wasn't a port city, did have a river running through it for ease of delivery for ships. The city is also the location of the first gym challenge in the Unova league under the eye of the Normal-type gym leader, Cheren.

Though none of that really mattered for Evangeline at the moment, though, because Penny was still being a stubborn brat despite being put onto her trainer's lap. Curled up and relaxing, refusing to move from her spot; the trainer didn't have the heart to stand up and have her partner sprawling across the ground. So, she gave another glance to the forest scene before her. The girl's mind began to wander to the Pokemon that could be living in the forests-sprawling bug types, relaxing grass types, and a few flying types nestling in the trees, to name a few. Patrats, Purrloins, Sunkern, Pidoves, Sewaddles-the usual wildlife around these roads and forests.

Evangeline was so caught up in the sight and her thoughts that it took her a good few seconds to register that someone else was with her. She looked the boy over at once-hoodie, white hair, and a pokemon by his feet. The pokemon had yellow-tinted scales over its body and was a quadruped, but Evaline had never seen it before, through her trips to Pokestar Studios or otherwise. Holding Penny a bit tighter in her grip, she was mainly watching the Jangmo-o follow the boy.

At the tighter grip, Penny let out a squeak before wriggling out of Evangeline's hands and landing on her boots, curled up defensively as to soften the blow upon hitting the ground. Uncurling, the Sewaddle let out a cry to the fellow partner pokemon as if to beckon it over; Evaline tensed up at her pokemon's beconing cry, glancing up at the boy in case he noticed, before quickly scooping Penny back up and onto her lap.

"Sorry, sorry..."

"Hmmm. Despite being this so called bustling metropolis, I'm happy to see that Unova still has sights like this." Nero was far too lost in his own little world to take note of the loud thumping noise originating just a few feet away from him and the squeak that followed shortly after.

Aegis on the other hand had caught wind of both noises and his ears instantly perked up. The small draconoid's head snapped towards the source and he was surprised to see another trainer scooping up a bug like Pokemon and gingerly placing it back onto her lap. Judging by the way the other Pokemon had cried out it hadn't been any sort of threat or challenge, but an invitation. With an enthusiastic, "Mo!" In respone Aegis happily bounded towards the two strangers.

It wasn't until a soft feminine voice rang out did Nero realize that he wasn't alone. "Hm?" Spinning around on his heels Nero was surprised to see a peculiar looking girl sitting on a nearby bench. Without so much as a word he carefully examined her: both her hair and eyes where as blue as the sky, she wore an extravagant dress akin to something a stage performer would wear, and curled up on her lap was a caterpillar like creature with a hood that looked like a leaf. His head curiously tilted to the side as Aegis stood up on his hind legs and carefully balanced himself by propping up his front legs onto the bench. With multiple wags of his tail Aegis moved his snout foward and sniffed both trainer and Pokemon. "Well. Well. Looks like someone has taken an interest to you."

// _Graphite_ _Graphite_

It seemed that Penny's cry of invitation worked, as the Jangmo-o gingerly accepted it and bounced over to her. Having a closer look at the pokemon, it had plenty of yellow scales and claws, and was rather adorable. The dragon type seemed to be sniffing the two, and Penny crawled closer to chirp out a few hellos of her own, "Sew! Sewaddle, sew!" The bug/grass type was clearly happy to see the other pokemon, of course-a new friend in the waiting!

But Evangeline was less so. Sure, her status as a daughter to a Pokestar Studio actor often afforded her pictures and attention, but she wasn't gifted with the natural charisma that Esmond and Oliver had. She glanced up at the boy with an apologetic look before returning her attention to the two meeting pokemon, slowly extending a hand to the Jangmo-o for it to properly get acquainted with her scent. The sight of a balancing quadruped wagging its tail did bring a small smile to Evangeline's face, and she relaxed a tiny bit.

"I suppose so." Evaline looked back up to the boy, retracting her hand while the Sewaddle in her lap was leaning precariously close over her knees just to get closer to the Scaly Pokemon, "Sorry if I, um, interrupted the sight of the region by the way; Penny likes to meet other pokemon even if it means getting everyone's attention. Though I'm curious as to what Pokemon that is, if I may ask-I've never seen it before."

Nero continued to curiously eye the girl as she spoke. Judging from the tone in her voice and the way her body subtly stiffened as she spoke made him assume that his mere presence was making her somewhat uncomfortable. Oh wells. That was something he had grown accustomed to by now. While growing up many of the others kids in his hometown found him to be a little intimidating. After all growing up around dragons your entire life would have some affect on your social skills. Nero learned quickly than when handling such creatures you had to be assetive and direct. This was something that he unintentionally projected onto other as well. Though there was one girl; Kyrie, she was the only one that took the time to get to know the true him.

When she began to apologize for her so called "interruption" Nero simply waved it off and said, "Oh that? It's not that big of a deal so don't worry about it. I was just trying to get a lay of the land is all." His eyes then fell upon Aegis who now trotted his way back to his trainers side after acquainting himself with the the two strangers. "That little guy there is something called a Jangmo-o. They're a dragon type that's live in remote mountains on the Alolan islands. They're small creatures but they have a warriors pride." He added. Dropping onto one of his knees Nero stuck out his hand and gently stroked Aegis beneath his chin. In response Aegis' scales began to rattle against one another and a rhythmic clanging noise echoed out.

"Right. The name's Nero by the way." He said climbing back to his feet. With a gesture towards the Jangmo-o beside him and added, "And this here is Aegis. You've more or less made his acquaintance." Once again Aegis scales began to enthusiasticly clang together and offered a "Jang! Jang!" In greeting. "We've come all this way from Johto."

_Graphite_ _Graphite_

Evangeline only truly relaxed when he waived her off, and she gave a nod. As he explained the pokemon, she made a mental note of what it was; a Jangmo-o, most definitely not of the Unova region. At Aegis jangeling his scales, a smile fully came upon her lips-the scales sounded metallic, but rather pretty and had a rhythm to it. But at the mention of Jangmo-o's typing, something clicked in Evaline's brain: dragon-type. Yes, that's what was bugging her-that's why she was so nervous around this boy.

But at his introduction, Evaline gingerly placed Penny upon her shoulder and stood up as well to be an impressive 5'01". Yes, she was quite tiny, but that didn't matter when it comes down to acting prowess. "Nice to meet you, Nero, Aegis." She folded her hands in front of her and bowed her head slightly, "I'm Evangeline Adel, but I also go by Evaline. This little Sewaddle on my shoulder is Penny." At her name being mentioned, Penny gave a few more chirps in a proper greeting. "Sewaddle! Sew sew!"

Standing up, Evangeline most definitely looked more at ease with herself compared to the meek girl from before. Giving another glance at Nero's clothing, she fully crossed her arms and spoke back up, "I take it that you're not from Unova?" A moment upon realizing the question's weight, "I..I don't mean to be rude, of course. Unova has lots of tourists and visitors all the time, so it isn't unusual or anything."

"Well it's good to meet you Evaline, and ofncourse you as well Penny." He followed up with a respectful dip of his head. He noticed that her posture relaxed even more; particularly when Aegis rattled his scales. To some degree Nero was envious of his Pokemon. Aegis had a knack for making friends quickly, and was much more sociable than his trainer.

"You know you apologize right?" Nero chuckled. "Though you'd be correct. I'm not a native of the Unova region myself. Just arrived here from the Johto region myself." He added. Judging from the way Evaline spoke Nero deduced that she herself may have been a native. Good. Perhaps she'd be willing to help him out with his little predicament. "Believe it or not I'm actually a little lost. I sorta... forgot to grab my self a map. Rather than wandering around liken a lost little Growlithe. I know this is kind of sudden but do you think you can help me out here?"

_Graphite_ _Graphite_

Evangeline puffed out her cheeks a little when pointed out what she was apologizing, though the reason was because of her mother. Always was pushing apologies out like a machine, and stressed to her daughter how important it was not to bother others or offend them. While it might’ve been good-natured, it certainly had a bit of an effect on Evaline. Crossing one leg behind the other to tap at her heel, the region that Nero came from piqued her interest. While Evaline hadn't heard much about Johto, she did know that it was a long ways off from Unova.

Though the boy's predicament she had to stifle a laugh at, but she gave a nod of affirmation. "Of course I wouldn't mind! It'll help pass the time on a decision of if you're gonna be staying in the city or exploring the region as well." Upon finishing her sentence, she started walking towards the steps and leading the boy. Down from the lookout, then taking a right to go farther into the city...

"So you're from Johto-can you tell me what it's like living there?"

Nero couldn't help but chuckle yet again as he saw Evaline pout. Now that was a reaction he hadn't expected. When she agreed to help him with his situation Nero responded with a simple, "Thanks." and followed along after her. "So you want to know about Johto huh?" He tapped his lower lip in though. Where to even begin?

"Well Johto is a region that a city girl such as yourself might not be used to." It wasn't his intention for his remark to come off as rude. "You see life in Johto is much more simplistic and quiet. We don't have any bustling cities, well except Goldenrod. Most of our towns are rural in nature and old." He explained. "I myself was born and raised in place called Blackthorn City. It's a 'quaint' little town that was carved into the Northeastern mountains of Johto." Now most of Johto's residence wouldn't have referred to Blackthorn as quaint. The environment was harsh; the mountainous terrain was difficult to traverse for those coming and going. The wild Pokemon that made the area their home were surprisingly powerful. And of course there was Clair. "Numerous dragon types and deagon tamers make their home in Blackthorn City. Most notable being our Gym Leader Clair. She's the final Gym Leader that those taking on our Pokemon Leauge have to face." Nero was somewhat boastful with that last statement.

"Johto is a land full of traditions and stories as well." He continued. "For example many of the older families within Blackthorn City, including mine, are descendants of an ancient order of dragon tamers. Then there's Ecruteak City a city who's traditions and history are entwined with Lugia and Ho-Oh." He thought back to the story of the Brass Tower, now known as the Burned Tower, located in Ecruteak City. How it was once home to the legendary Lugia. Sadly during a horrific storm the tower was struck by a stray lightning bolt and was nearly reduced to rubble. The tower wasn't the only thing that was nearly lost that day. Three other legendary beasts had made their home within the tower, but sadly they too were consumed by the flames. When the flames eventually died out it was said that Ho-Oh descended from it's tower and revived the fallen Pokemon. Nero went on to explain this story to Evaline as well.

"Now that I've done a great deal of talking I believe it's your turn to share." His blue-eyes fell upon Evangeline. "What is it like here in Unova?"

_Graphite_ _Graphite_

As Evangeline slowed down to walk side-by side with the boy, Penny scratched herself down to be back where the Sewaddle originally was-right on the inside of the girl's cape. But that didn't matter at the moment; Evaline, while still watching where she took the boy, has started to focus on how Nero told of the Johto region. With the slightly backhanded comment aside, she was invested in how he told of the region and the city of which he came from. Blackthorn, huh... A region of simplicity and peace-one that her father and brother might not be that used to, save if it had myths and ruins. Then Oliver would be wanted to visit Johto in a heartbeat.

When the question got bounced to her, however, she had to pause a moment. "Well, Unova has it's places where you can find peace and quiet, but it's mainly hustle and bustle. Castelia City, for example, is the heart of business and economy, while Nimbasa City is the soul of entertainment and leisure-not to mention it being the biggest city in the region." She noticed that the two were approaching the Pokemon Center, so she changed the topic for but a moment, "Oh, and here's the Pokemon Center for this city; every major city has one, of course, but it also has a built-in Pokemart as well. A little further down a couple of blocks is the Trainer's School, which has the Asperita City Gym inside of its grounds."

Though she did stop but for a moment in front of the Center, Evangeline continued to lead Nero forward as she served at a guide. "Roughly two years ago, a group calling themselves Team Plasma wanted people to rally to their cause and release their own Pokemon, either through tricking people or by force. A chain of events happened, and an incident occured at the Pokemon League; after that, there isn't that much to find other than this so-called "Hero of Unova" disappearing along with Team Plasma, and their leader being arrested." Well, ain't that a bit of a sour note? Evaline shook her head to clear her thoughts and to not have such a damper of the mood, "But that was two years ago-Unova has gone through a lot of technological development since then. Cities have expanded, new routes have been found, entertainment has gotten bigger and brighter, and transportation is better than ever!"

Evangeline nervously gave a chuckle at trying to end the history lesson on a higher note, but she looked at Nero. "That's all I can really say about Unova, but words don't really do the region justice unless you experience it for yourself." She posed her sentence akin to a question and an invitation; will you explore Unova? I promise that you won't regret it.

Nero intently listen to Evaline as she described her homeland. Just from the way she described some of larger cities made it seem all so overwhelming. Yet a large part of him was curious as to howbthe cities look in perso. "Well if this Nimbasa City is as grand as you make it out to he then it must be a marvel." As the two continued to march fowards he couldn't help but let at an impressed whistle. In comparison to the centers in Johto these where far larger and much more convenient. His eyes then the fell upon the Gym at its mentioning. Now that was another thing that piqued his interest.

When Evangeline continued to tell him about an incident involving a group called Team Plasma he practically sneered. He couldn't believe that even all the way out here there where people trying to cause mayhem. "Believe it or not we actually had our own fair share of problems years back." He thought back to Team Rocket. How they hadn't just caused trouble for Johto, but for the neighboring region of Kanto as well. "There used to he this criminal syndicate named Team Rocket. They where founded in the Kanto Region and ran amok for years. These low lives stole and captured powerful Pokemon in the hopes of selling them. They performed cruel and highly lethal expirements on said Pokemon." Nero's voice drooled with disgust. "In fact they held so much powerful and influence that their leader Giovanni was able to attain the title of Viridian City's Gym Leader. Despite all of their money and power it only took a single trainer to bring down their entire operation." Fate had a funny way of working out like that.

"Sadly that wouldn't be the end of them. About three years later the remnants of Team Rocket tried to reestablish themselves in Johto. Much like in Kanto they harrased Johto's populace, they invaded Azalea Town and cut off the local Slowpoke's tails and sold them on the black market, attempted to forcibly evolve the Magikarp within the Lake of Rage so they could sell the resulting Gyrados at a higher price. Thankfully history was repeated and a single trainer thwarted their plans and the organizationa reunification." Of course Nero was only a child when all this happened. Yet there wasn't a single person in Johto or Kanto who didn't know the story of the two trainers that brought down an entire criminal organization.

When Evaline attempted to shift the conversation by talking about something else Nero's head cocked to the side. It seemed as though her final words had a deeper meaning. "Well that's the entire reason I came here. To visit all the sights and wonders Unova has to offer." He stated with a small smile.

_Graphite_ _Graphite_

At the NImbasa comment, she just nodded. Evangeline wasn't gonna say much about the cities until Nero reached them, especially when it concerns Nimbasa City; after all, that's where she was born at. Bouncing between Nimbasa, Castelia, and Virbank when on trips had became a common occurance to her. But at the mention of another team in the far-off regions of Johto and Kanto that stirred up trouble, Evaline couldn't help but think that, maybe every region had its own team that caused trouble for itself.

The one singularity between the team's downfall: a single trainer swooping in to take them down. Maybe it would be an impressive sight-worthy for a movie, most like.

But Evaline stopped in her tracks once hearing Nero's reason for visiting. To see Unova, huh? She crossed her arms, exchanging back a small smile as well. "That's good to hear! However, a few gates lock trainers out from exploring past specific points until they have the requisite badges to progress. I can get around it thanks to my father and his status, but I don't think you'd be so lucky..."

"But hey, beating the gym leaders can help you get stronger to able to see more of Unova as well as get you through the gates! It's a win-win situation!"

So Unova restricted certain areas to trainers that didnt have the proper badges. "That's a strange way of doing thing." He hadn't heard of such a thing before. "In Johto you're more or less free to travel town to town if you're not interested in partaking in the Gym Battles." He wondered what Unova's purpose for doing such a thing would be. Though it was Evaline's next statement that caught his attention

What she had said lingered in his mind. What did she mean by thanks to her fathers status? Was he some sort of big shot here in the Unova? Had to be if she was afforded such a privilege. That begs and even better question. Though this begged an even better question. Who was it that was by his side? Curiouser and curiouser. For now Nero pushed those thoughts to the side. After all he had yet to reveal his own heritage as well.

His gaze then fell upon the Gym. She did have a point. Taking on the Gym's would improve his Pokemon's abilities far better than the average trainer battle. With a shrug of his shoulders he said, "Eh why not. Besides if I want to see all that Unova has to offer then it sounds like I really don't have a choice."

_Graphite_ _Graphite_

Evangeline listened, but sheepishly shrug her shoulders. "That's always been the way. Unova wants to make sure that trainers who are unprepared don't stumble upon pokemon much stronger then they can handle, I guess. If you have a trainer's ID, then you're a pokemon trainer-regardless of region; gym leaders, famous actors, and others like that are an exception to the rule as long as they have a pokemon with them at all times." Of course, her father had a team of pokemon-most of them were his "co-actors" when he performed, and play vital roles in the films that he acts for. Though Esmond's team was capable in movies, they were a fierce force in combat.

Though Evaline perked up a bit when he agreed to travel around the region. "Good to hear!" With that, she turned on her heel and made haste with a light run towards the Trainer's School, only stopping in front of the school itself. Once Nero caught up, she extended a hand towards the school's entrance to let him go inside; "Travelers first."

"When you put it like that then it does make sense why'd Unova would implement such a system." Once again Nero found himself thinking back to his hometown. While Johto never imposed such restrictions it was unanimously agreed by the people of Blackthorn that the cities children required proper supervision when leaving the city. Of course that didn't stop Nero's own curiosity. Some days he'd sneak away to visit the Route 45 or the winding caves of the Ice Path. Though there where times he'd get lost in the latter and his mother would have to come and resuce him.

He quickly snapped out of his doldrums once he heard Evaline speak. He noticed that she was standing by the school's entrance and gestured for him to enter. With a smirk he made his way towards the door and reached for the handle. Just as he was about to pull the door open he hesitated. But why? He wasn't entirely new to Pokemon battles. Him and Aegis had sparred many times with the neighborhood kids and their Pokemon . Heck he even helped his mother's Pokemon with their training.

With a sigh he pulled away his arm and brought it down to his side. Without bringing himself to meet Evaline's eyes he spoke. "When we walk through these doors what should I expect?" A faint hint of nervousness filled his voice.

_Graphite_ _Graphite_

Nero indeed did step forwards, though he hesitated at the door. Was it because it was an entirely new league that he was about to face? Frankly, Evangeline didn't blame him. Unova's gym leaders often were, ah, extravagant with their interior of their respective gyms; at least, that's what she knew about the third gym and beyond. She never went into any of them, of course-while Evaline did have a badge case and trainer's ID, she never willingly participated in the league challenge. She would much rather be with Esmond, watching the fights from the sidelines and trying to get a foot into an acting career.

Evaline moved so that only a foot was on the first step, "Well, the gym leader is the main teacher of the Trainer's School-I've seen him out and about sometimes whenever I visit Asperita. Black hair, white dress shirt, red tie. Other than that, the front half looks like any old small-city school on the inside, and the students'll happily help newcomers on where to find the gym leader."

How did she know this information, despite not being a part of the league challenge itself? Esmond going to each gym leader to offer them roles in one or two of his movies, of course. Same old, same old...

"Designing a Gym to function as an operating Trainer School is certainly an interesting choice." More often than not a Gym's design reflected the Gym Leaders personality. Taking this into account, and Evaline's description of the Gym Leader, Nero figured that they must be an incredibly knowledgeable trainer with years of experience. Perfect. They'd make a worthy opponent for him and Aegis.

"Well what are we waiting for? That badge isn't going to earn itself!" The hesitation in voice had completely vanished and was now full of overconfidence. He hadn't come to Unova just to tuck tail and run. No. He was going to display the overwhelming power of dragon type Pokemon to all who challenged him. With a smirk he pried the door open and sauntered into the building.

"All right! Listen here Gym Leader my name is Nero and I'm he-" His voice trailed off as his eyes scanned the room. Before him he noticed a number of younger kids nose deep in their books. Right...a school. "I'll just uh...wait over here." He said while stepping to the side. Maybe had jumped the gun a little to soon with that entrance.

_Graphite_ _Graphite_

Though Evangeline had to agree with him-having the gym function as a running Trainers' School is certainly an interesting choice. Then again, most of the aesthetic choices from the gym leaders themselves was funded entirely by the cities of their choice, and some of the gym leaders took creative liberties with their freedom. But she perked up once his determination shined, and followed him into the School...only to cringe a bit when he made an entrance. Even she wasn't socially inclined to bring herself attention like that.

So, Evaline pat Nero on the back, "Save the high-strung introductions for later, hot shot." Yes, she did slightly tease him in a friendly rivalry-esque banter. But his introductions did garner the attention of a few students, who popped up from their books to give glances to Nero. A couple of lasses off to the side giggled a little, but overall the attention didn't stay on Nero for long. Looking around at the open classroom, it seemed that he wasn't in session and the students were doing a self-study; so, beckoning Nero to follow, Evangeline took the lead again.

If only to not have Nero embarrass himself once more.

Evangeline scooched herself around the edge of the desks, and approached a younger lass who had fancied herself with writing status conditions onto the blackboard at the front of the classroom. "Hey, question. Where's Cheren, by any chance?" The lass, who wore a purple blouse, tilted her head as if she was confused by the question. "The gym leader? He should be in the backyard; are you here to challenge him...?"

Evaline nodded, before turning back to Nero. "Hallway is behind this room, and then the double doors in the hall should lead you outside."

In response to Evaline's playful teasing Nero responded with a disgruntled groan. Not even a day in Unova and he'd already made a fool of himself. Adding to the fact that his little outburst had caught the attention of several students his embarrassment only amplified furter. Even Aegis couldn't help but snicker at his trainers actions. Luckily for the boy these students' redirected their attention back to their books and resumed studying.

Realizing that Evangeline was gesturing for him to follow and so matched her pace. With a quick poke to her side he said, "If you tell anybody about what happened I will wholeheartedly deny it." While his expression appeared serious he was merely joking.

When they arrived before the lass at the head of the classroom Nero put on a half smile. For the moment he chose the remain silent and let Evaline speak. The least thing he wanted was to attract any further unwanted attention. Once the girl told them where to find this Cheren, Nero spoke "Thanks. And...apologies for the interruption."

Hearing Evaline's instructions Nero followed the directions given to him and made his down the hallway and towards the double doors. Once again he found himself hesitating to open them. It wasn't nervousness though there was something else eating at him. He glanced over his shoulders and spotted Evaline in his peripheral. "Thanks for showing me around Aspertia City. You've really helped me out big time. But I think this is where we part ways."

_Graphite_ _Graphite_

Following after Nero, Penny had crawled back up to the crook of Evangeline's shoulder as she stayed just a few steps behind the boy. He hesitated once again, and spoke up. To thank her for helping him. A smile showed up onto Evaline's face...before it dropped once he said the next sentence. "Part...ways?" The possibility hadn't occurred to her at all, and Penny gave a worried chirp at her trainer's tone. Conflicting emotions presented themselves before Evaline, and it took just a moment before her mouth started moving faster than her brain.

"Hold... hold on, who said anything about parting ways?! You're gonna need a guide for Unova-it isn't exactly the most friendly place to get lost in! Besides, what if something happens to you while you're off going on an adventure? I want to know more about Johto, Nero, and I'm not going to be taking "no" for an answer!"

A silence fell as Evaline realised what she spouted out, her cheeks flushing a darker color in embarrassment as her body stiffened and her lips became a thin line, refusing to look Nero in the eye. Now she had made a fool of herself, same bombastic flair as his little entrance when entering the Trainer's School.

"Arceus, kill me for my theatrics."

Without so much as a word Nero stood there with his head cocked to the side. Of all the ways that Evangeline could've responded this was most certainly something Nero hadn't expected. Her words did hold some truth to them. Without her aid he'd still be wandering about Aspertia City aimlessly. Not to mention that in the short time they spent together he had already grown accustomed to having her around.

At last Nero let out a small laugh. "When you put it like that I don't think you're giving me much of a choice." He teased. "You're right though. Getting around Unova on my own won't be an easy task. So if I'm going to have to travel with anyone I'm happy that it would he you. Besides I think Aegis here enjoys your company as well." Glancing down at the small dragon type Nero smiled as Aegis bounced up and down with joy.

Well…at least Nero wasn’t weirded out by her little theatrics. In fact, he laughed about it, and gave a compliment as well! Evangeline’s cheeks returned to a normal color as she nodded to agree, a small smile coming to her lips. “… Thank you.

But time would be wasting, and she gave a glance to the double doors after a few moments of assurance. “So…are you ready?” Evaline took a step towards the door, pushing it open to let the light shine through, and stepped forward to lead the way a little. If Nero wanted to do his grandiose entrance, then he could do it now.

It was a big dirt yard, though. A square backyard, with signature white arena markings lining the ground in chalk. And on the far side was what looked to be a podium that you could regulate and stand from, enough to pace around on. There was a boy sitting on the edge of it- black hair, red tie, slightly crinkled dress shirt with blue pants- that couldn’t have looked more than a few years older than Nero and Evangeline. It seemed he was preoccupied watching a Patrat and Lillipup play together on the ground.

"Yeah. That badge is as good as ours. Right Aegis?" The draconoid beside him gave its scales a triumphant rattle in agreement. Unlike his previous little outburst Nero decided to take the subtle approach as he followed Evaline out the door and into the backyard. His eyes scanned the field until he found what he was looking for; lounging about on a podium like structure was the presumed Gym Leader. Taking in a deep breath both trainer and Pokemon marched forth to greet their opponent.

When Nero arrived before the Gym Leader he stopped and gave him a once over. This couldn't possibly be Aspertia City's Gym Leader could it? The young man sitting before him couldn't be more than a couple years older than him or Evaline. Of course if this really was then Nero needed to steel himself for the coming battle. If someone this young was chosen to be a Gym Leader then he and his Pokemon must have som serious skill.

Clearing his throat Nero spoke, "Sorry if I'm interrupting something here." His gaze turned to the Patrat and Lillipup playing together. A part of Nero felt bad to be disturbing the two of them, but he had a battle to win after all. "But are you perchance Cheren?" A hint of challenge filled his voice as he spoke.

Last edited:
Yes, this was the gym leader. In short, Cheren had a hand in helping the hero of Unova go through the region and stop Team Plasma, as a rival for the hero; after the incident, he withdrew from the public eye and worked with Lenora as an understudy, and stepped in once she stepped down as gym leader for the Basic Badge. That also meant a change of team, and the once six-pokémon user resorted to two or three, and with Normal types instead of multi. Cheren had a lot of knowledge, yes, and a lot of expertise as well for a gym leader of his status.

He looked up to spy two teens walking his way, glancing down at his Pokémon. “Oh, no, you’re not interrupting-they’re just playing around and relaxing.” Though taking a once-over of the two, Cheren could spy a dragon-type by his side. Not a native to Unova, but a strong type nonetheless; a smile quirked upon his lips, though he did not move.

Cheren noticed the spark of challenge in the boy’s tone. “And I take it that you’re not students either.” A tone, equal in taunt to observation, punctuated his sentence as he finally moved, sliding off the platform-it gained the attention of the Patrat and Lillipup, and they quickly scuttled to his side. “But yes, I am Cheren. It’s nice to meet you both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back