• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Delilah smirked back at Nathan, "I want to see if my monster can handle the beast first." She chanted as her arms crossed.

Ban sighed as he noticed Delilah, turning to Hayden, "Sure." He said. As he got open and moved to Winter's ear and whispered, "I just saved you. Keep watching." He said as he got up, feeling eyes on him, he headed straight for Delilah.

Delilah smirked at him when he got closer, as he got a foot or two away, his hand reached out to her cheek as he pulled her in. In moments, his lips locked onto hers. Putting everything into that one moment, to make it believable that it was a natural act between them. Delilah smirked a little in his lips grip as she returned every motion. And when they pulled away, Delilah smiled back at Winter. Before turning to Nathan, "Can you eat with Hayden?" She asked.

Michael walked towards the table with Chris and Oli who was seating across from Cass. Michael moved the hand that held Claire over the table so she sat beside Oli and he sat with Cass. "Hello." Oli smiled at Claire. "I'll Olivia. Chris' mate." She said as she moved Chris over a little so they all fit. You meet Cass, hear, sorry about that."

"I'm not. But I get to do something about that tomorrow." Cass pretty much bragged with a grin.

"Not what I said." Chris said as he looked out the window.

Cass pouted, "Yes, brother." She sighed, "I apologize." She said with a glaring gaze, "I shouldn't leave Oli's side."

Heaven smirked, "How can I help? The usual?" She asked as she handed Claire a menu.

"Please, heaven. Oh, how is Kelvin? Did he finish the goody bag I left?" Oli asked hopeful.

Heaven smiled as she bowed, "Thanks for that. He did and he loved them. They actually just finished this morning. Kal was up with them until just an hour ago. I think Kal had to report in."

"Oh. Where is Kelvin?" Oli asked. She was socialable with the pack and everyone in it.

"In the back, resting for now. Kal should be in, in about another hour. I hope he sleeps that long." Heaven smiled. She looked at Claire, "When your ready, just let me know."

Even Hayden's eyes widened in surprise as she watched Ban kiss Delilah. Surely there could have been other ways for him to show that he was not available. She glanced over to Winter whose eyes had widened and then narrowed, locking on to Delilah. Hayden was surprised as she realized, Winter had just accepted whatever weird challenge was beginning between them for Ban.

Winter was more than a little surprised that Ban had chosen some freshman to be with. Did he know what he was getting himself into?! Did he really enjoy a challenge that much? She let out a small huff of annoyance as Cali placed her hand on Winter's shoulder. "Come on, we'll fix it later." Cali whispered to her. Winter looked over to her friend, to Hayden who now wore a smug smirk, then to Ban and Delilah who had just broken their kiss.

"Right." Winter said, schooling her features and putting on that smile. She waved to Hayden. "I'm sure we'll be seeing you around." She said dismissively before they both left.

Nathan, like just about everyone else in the courtyard, just started in shock. That kiss was more than a little believable and that in itself surprised him. He hadn't really believed delilah, but he certainly did now. He chocked out a laugh and then nodded a little.
"Yeah, no problem...enjoy yourselves." He said with a snort of laughter as he left Delilah's side and went over to where Hayden was sitting. She offered him a shy smile.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey." He said in return. There was a moment of silence, not awkward, but just quiet as the courtyard returned to its normal noise and Delilah and Ban went off to do...whatever they were going to do. Hayden couldn't help but to look over to Nathan who pulled out what remained of his lunch. She liked being in his company, she felt relatively safe around him, but she never knew how to act around him or what to say when their siblings weren't there. She bit her lip and looked away, focusing on finishing her own food, returning to observing the others around them, though she was keenly aware of Nathan with her. It had never bothered her before except now they also got curious looks from some of the other students. She tried to just ignore them like Nathan seemed to.

Claire offered Oli a smile. "It's nice to finally get to meet you Oli." She said, thanking Heaven for the menu and tensing a little at Cass's words. She glanced to Chris, curious about him as he looked out the window and then down to her menu while Heaven and Oli talked. Before Heaven left she ordered a breakfast platter with a lot of meat. She realized she hadn't eaten since she left her pack the day before and she was famished. She felt like she needed to say something in the silence that followed Heaven leaving to put in their orders, but she wasn't sure what to say. She wasn't sure what was okay to talk about and what wasn't...having Cass there definitely didn't help. She glanced to Michael and offered and uncertain smile and then over to Oli.
"Were you born and raised in this pack?" She asked. That was a harmless enough question to start with....right?

Delilah was amused, as she found Winter just before the school ended, "WInter? Right?" she said. Hayden had told her who the girl was, and she smiled when she found her. Ban had already gone to wait for her, but he didn't know that she was looking for Winter first. "I wanted to take a moment and talk to you, without your little twin pest. I just wanted to know how hard you plan on riding behind him? My boyfriend, I mean. Because I heard from a little bird, that you are a witch." she smiled. "So, let's walk through this and make sure that you don't get him to hate you. Because I know that you will use later, I would hate for my boyfriend to straighten you out with what he can do." she smiled sweetly, "So, let's play."

Oli smirked at Claire, as she nodded, "Yeah. My father was the Beta of the past Alpha."

Cass smirked, "Oh, I remember that one. His intestine sparkled in the sun." she excitement as she took part in the conversation.

"Cass!" Chris warned and Cass pouted again, as she got silent.

Oli gave a half-smirk, sadder than anything, "Right. He went against Garrett when he first took over and was killed for it. But that was a long time ago. " she said, as she sighed, took get the thought out of her mind. "Garrett took me in, after my father was killed, kind of to keep an eye on my mother and me. Which is how Chris and I meet." Oli said as she smiled at Claire, "It is part of the reason that I take part in some of the enforcers' missions."

Winter turned to face Delilah as she approached her, looking at her with disdain and boredom. What freshman thought she had a right to talk to her like that? Despite Delilah's reputation, Winter was not so easily intimidated. "Your boyfriend." She scoffed. "Sweetheart you've been dating him all of, what? A day? I think that hardly counts yet, especially for a little freshman like you." She said, her tone too sweet to be genuine. "I'm not afraid Ban, this game is all about figuring guys out and he's quite the prize. I intend to win Rein, especially against a girl like you. I can play for the long haul, the question is can you? I may be witch," She grinned. "But you're something else entirely. I heard that even your family can't stand you. That the only one you can get to stick your side is that broken little bird who clings to you. Do you really think he'll be able to stand you for so long?" She asked, arching a brow.

Claire cringed a little as the topic quickly turned from safe to likely totally off-limits. She did want to ask Oli more about the enforcers, but she figured now was not the time or the place. "At least you were able to find your mate through it all." She offered with a kind smile. She could ask for more details later, if they got time alone perhaps. But then she realized the mistake in that comment too and once again inwardly winced, resisting the urge to look to Michael. He hadn't said anything to her, had treated her with nothing but kindness. But she couldn't imagine he also just happened to not have the mate bond instilled into him like her. She took a sip of her water, not really sure what else to say. She was about to ask if Oli had any siblings or if her mother was still around, but had a feeling those weren't topics she should broach either.
"This is a great town. I can't wait to get to see more of it." She said. It sounded lame even to herself and she decided after this she should probably just keep quiet.

Delilah smiled, "A day?!" she grinned with amusement, "Just a day and he kissed in front of all those students." she said with amazement, "I wonder how much that means he likes me?" she said as if asking a question that Winter could answer. "Anyway, I just had to see for myself, the pitiful Queen Witch, going after a taken guy. Ban really isn't that complicated, if you know what you are looking at. But I will catch you up." she offered, "He is loyal, to those around him, those he puts around him. He is a military-raised brat with siblings, that he cares for and when he picks something, he decides on something, he sticks to it. No matter where it takes him. Ban is an open book if you learn to read him. But that is all you need to know about him. Ban is my Boyfriend, and he chose to be with me. You don't have the cards to play for him." she patted Winter's shoulder, "But you are right. He told me the last round you tried playing the damsel, and that didn't work. Maybe if you ask him out he will say yes...wait no, bad idea. He said you should probably figure out your own stuff, didn't he?" she sighed deeply as she pulled back, "Well, good luck. Maybe try the sibling angle, I hear some guys like that. Well, I mean, if you can find them and convince them to like you. Tell you what, I am meeting them today when he comes over to meet my parents. I know, way too fast, but what can I saw, he is all in and I am not letting that go. Since the broken bird is all I got. But, I will take a picture and show you what they look like, tomorrow." she chuckled, "I am going to love the way your face looks, when I smash it in, at the end of this. You already lost and you still want to play, I welcome you to try. If you need any help, I am more than willing to give you some advice." she said then something came to mine. "I have to go through, his little sisters should be ready to be picked up, and apparently he has to take them somewhere....oh unless you want to babysit them. Perfect chance for you to try and win him over," she suggested, enthusiastically. She loved this game, Ban wouldn't go back on his word, not a military brat like him. Especially, since she was helping him with her thing, but she wanted to use Winter as an example. For all future girls, it was something she would normally solve with fists, but this time, she knew that she needed to be more lady-like.
Oli smirked, "Yeah, it is." she said before she paused, looking up, she motioned, "And looks like you might get a chance to meet a few other wolves." she said as York and Cora walked in, whispering to each other, aggressively. York stopped when he noticed Oli and moved towards the table, with Cora behind him.

"Chris, Michael, Oli." York greeted.

"Cassandra." Cora said as he took the seat next to Michael, and York took a chair from an empty table to seat in eth middle, "Excited about tomorrow."

"Cora." York said, warning her not to say anymore, and Chris glanced over to Cass before she could say anything.

Oli smiled, "Claire, these are a few enforcers, Cora and York. Cora is the only blood left of the preview Alpha and York is....well, he is the leash, for the lack of better work." Oli stated, "This is Claire."

Cora smirked, "The outsider." she commented as she reached for Michael's water, "Interesting, we meet your Alpha, nice guy. A little boring, but he had some claws to him a guess."

York sighed, "Cora...."

"No, she should hear this as a Moonlight wolf." York rolled his eyes, and Oli sighed as she lowered her head, there was no point in stopping Cora, if they did she would report Claire as being blanketed, that would be bad. "We enforcers have to make sure to keep our allies on a leash, so we had to visit your Alpha, tied his Luna up, and let him know that just the thought of crossing us, would mean his pack's death." she smiled, "Honestly, my favorite part of those visits is the helplessness of the Alpha. If they attack we kill their mate and if they think of killing us and going after the pack, Alpha Garrett gives the order and we kill the whole Pack."

York cut in, as Michael reached for Claire's hand for support, as Oli did the same to keep her calm, "But he didn't. Your old pack is safe and it was only a warning." he said before turning to Cora, "We came for a break, not to start trouble."

"I know, but my father was a fool and Alpha Garrett wants to make sure that she knows her place. Orders are orders." she said as she looked at Claire, "You agree, don't you wolf."

Winter clenched her jaw as Delilah continued to talk, continue to actually rattle her. Her! Of all people, there was no way she was going to let this brat get away with this. She was furious and for the briefest of moments worried about how on earth she was going to win this game. She wasn't going to let on to that of course. She offered Delilah a chilly smile and waved her hand dismissively. "How I go about things is of no matter to you, but I appreciate the tips anyway." She said. She gave a more predatory grin this time and slammed her locker shut after stuffing her last book into her bag. She stepped close to Delilah, speaking quietly into her ear. "You've started a war freshman...be careful of who gets caught in the carnage. I'd hate for little birdy to end up a casualty." She warned. Then she smiled again and moved to walk past Delilah and to leave the school. "You better get going Rein, you don't want to be late for your date." she taunted.

Claire tensed when Cora mentioned her Alpha. The way she mentioned him...had they...had they killed him?! She was careful to keep her expression neutral, especially as Cora continued on. She glanced to Oli who lowered her head and frowned a little then looked back to Cora. The mention of killing the whole pack, of killing the Alpha's mate...Claire's face drained of color as she immediately began to think the worse of what may have happened last night. She glanced to Oli again as the female placed her hand on her to help keep her calm and then to Michael as she took his hand in return, giving it a light squeeze as if to reassure herself. Surely her pack was okay. Surely someone would have told her if they had been slaughtered...wouldn't they? She was Moonlight now so why should she care? She hadn't realized she had been holding her breath until York confirmed that her pack was still okay.
She wasn't sure if she was imagining it, but she was fairly certain there was a challenge in Cora's question, as she asked whether or not Claire agreed. She was fairly certain the wrong answer would put her in a bind. She calmed herself.
"That orders are orders? I suppose from the Alpha that's how it goes." She answered carefully. "And I have been learning my place. This is my pack now, the sooner I learn that, the better." She added, her tone still remaining cautious.

Delilah frowned, as she glared at Winter as she walked away, "Oh, you haven't begun to see what I can do." she said, but she was sure Winter couldn't hear her anymore. It didn't matter as she started to go out sid to meet with Ban, she found Hayden first. She smiled at her and said, "Semes I have started a rivalry." she stated, "Care to help?" she smiled at Hayden, there was no way that's he was going to let a Junior step on her friend. She had a plan and that plan meant that she couldn't defend Hayden the same way that she did. She was going to do what Winter asked her to, she was going after the weaker part, and that means that she was going after Cali. "The girl that was talking to Ban. She wants to see how far you have come and I think I know what to show her."

Cora smirked, "That so?" she said.

Cass looked at Claire, then to Cora, "Then we kill them all." she stated.

Chris sighed as he turned to the table, it was the first time he had, as he listens to everything, "No." he stated, "The pack Claire is from is allied with us and for the time Jeremy has been keeping an eye on what they have been planning." he stated, "Until told otherwise, we honor our side of the deal." he stated, before turning to Claire, "Tomorrow you are taking a trip with Jeremy and me, we need to show your old pack something. Today, you meet Abigail, the witch from another coven that joined the Midnight Coven." he stated, "That is enough of that. Cass, Cora, you two can play the devil tonight, but if you two are going to test my patience you will test it when I am not busy, understood." he ordered.

Cass nodded, as she lowered her head, "I am sorry, brother. I promise to behave as father asked." she assured him.

Cora sighed, "Of course, Beta. I will take care of what I talk about." she stated as she rolled her eyes, "But to be fair, I am proud of my pack and to have an outsider come in who isn't happy to be here, is not right."

Micheal nodded, "You are right, but she is not here because she thought it would be fun. She was a gift to us and that means that she will not be where we are, with everything that goes on with this pack."

Oli nodded, "It's like a new pup." she said, "NO offense." she told Claire before she went back to explain, Chris had already gone back to looking out the window, "Pups are loyal to their parents, but not the pack, not just yet. She can't hold us above her family, as easily as some of those of us that have lost our family to the change. And we shouldn't expect her to. She has to first learn our ways, we have to give her a reason to love and be loyal to this pack before we expect her to forsake her old pack. We are not animals and you are coming off as one. This pack is more than just what we can become, we are still a pack that has outlasted war and being hunted, the dawn of time and we will do what we have to, to reach the end of it. You shouldn't let her believe that we are animals, because it takes a lot more than cruelty and force to do what we have done to survive change."

York smirked, "Olivia is right." she said as he looked to Claire, "It's late, but welcome to the Moonlight Pack. My name is Ezra York, but most just call me York. My partner Cora is Cora Weist, the previous Alpha Weist's daughter and last of her family. She has a strong passion for our pack and believes that the changes Garrett put out are needed, but she takes them to heart a lot more than she should sometimes, so she comes off as a b***h."

Cora glared at him, "I can speak for myself you know." she said before looking at Claire, "I am not apologizing for being happy with my pack, or believing we are the best. But as a new member, I will try to keep in mind that you are new and that you did come from another pack."

Hayden raised an eyebrow as Delilah came up to her, smirking a little as she mentioned the rivalry. "I'd love to help." She said, linking her arm with Delilah's as they walked to meet Ban outside. However, Delilah's words caused her to pause a little and look to her friend with some caution. She trusted her fully, but she wasn't sure what Delilah would have her do. "Okay...? Care to enlighten me? After all you apparently see something I don't." She said with a playful laugh. She would do whatever she could to help Delilah though, it was the least she could do for her best friend.

Nathan waited out front with Ban. Mostly because he had nothing else to do until the movie a little later. He had asked Ban about when he should meet him at the theater and that had been about the extent of what they talked about as they waited for the girls. Well he knew Ban waited for Delilah, but Nathan would have been surprised if Hayden wasn't with her.

Claire wasn't sure why she was surprised to hear Chris speak, but she was grateful for his intervention that seemed much needed in that moment. "I understand." She said simply to let him know she had heard what he said about what would happen the next couple of days. Her attention turned to Michael and she gave him a small smile of thanks. Then to Oli where she offered a smile to say that no-offense was taken. Especially as Oli explained further and it was actually a very good at explaining the position Claire had been put in to. She was also relieved to hear that Oli - even as an enforcer - didn't seem to believe in behaving the same way Cass and Cora did. She bowed her head just slightly in greeting to Cora and York.

"It is good to meet both of you, and thank you for the welcome." She said, her words more directed towards York. The she looked to Cora, tilting her head a little.
"I wouldn't ask you to apologize for something like that, you should be proud of your pack and where you come from...and I do promise I plan to work on becoming as full of a member of this pack as I can as an outsider. This is my new home now. Oli is right, it will take me a little time to adjust, but I offer no resistance to that adjustment." She assured Cora. Granted she had no choice whether she wanted to or not, but that was also part of why she was going to do her best to embrace this new life.

Delilah smiled, "That friend of hers. Cali, was it? She seems to have a bit of a little lost bird thing. So, I need you to deliver something without being noticed by her or her little master." she said as she held tight only Hayden. "I think it's time to fake a crack." she giggled.

Ban noticed Delilah and Hayden first, as he sighed, "Delilah has something on her mind." he said, noticing the same smile she had when she left Hayden and him alone. He said it more out loud than anything else, but he was sure that she was haven't a lot more fun with this than he would. Of course, he would just call the deal off with a mutual understanding. But that didn't mean that she was going to trust that he could do that. Instead, he was pretty sure that she poked the bear.

Oli smirked with some pride at how Claire dealt with everything, but Cora sighed, annoyed. But she didn't say anything, since Heaven had already started over with their food. She gave Claire her food, "Breakfast plate with extra meat." she said as she moves to hand Oli, "Two Fillet Fish, and medium steak." she announced and then to Chris, "Three 3 pound rare steaks." she said before she moved back to the kitchen to get the rest. Sh became back with Cass', "The same." she said, Cass grinned with excitement, she always got the same as her brother, and she Heaven just smirked, as she handed Michael his plate, "One fillet fish with two steaks." she said as she sighed, placing a large basket of fries in the center. She looked to York and Cora, "The cook is working on your usuals, it'll be just a bit." she smiled.

Cora sighed as she got up, taking a fry, "Nope. I am not hungry anymore. Besides, my witch and I have some work to get done." she said as she rolled her eyes, and started for the door. York slides over to the empty seat beside Michael.

"Thank Heaven." York said, "I can wait. Oh and Kal said he had something going on, so he would be back as soon as he is done." he smirked, "Up to his old tricks, I am guessing." he said.

Heaven smiled gratefully, "Probably. I hope it doesn't get him in trouble. Kalvin is about to wake up."

"We can take him if you need." Oli offered, "Chris and I have some time and it can be fun."

"Thanks, Oli. That would be great, the humans around here are not really fond of me when I have to be mom and waitress to them." she smiled sheepishly.

Oli nodded, "It's good. I will be happy to help." she said as she watched Heaven nod and get back to the kitchen. "Kalvin is not exactly like his father, but when he has to stay here, he doesn't come out, so when Heaven has to go to him, her customers don't understand that it is because she has a son. They move around a lot, so when Kal comes home, they usually bit him home and Heaven has to do something, since Kal has stuff to do, before they live again." Oli explained, and sighed, "A few of the Pack families are like that, so you will rarely get to be around them."

Hayden narrowed her eyes a little, not so sure she was going to like how things were going to turn out, buuut she had said she would help. So instead she nodded, offering a grin. "I can go unnoticed easily." She chimed in, a bit of mischief creeping into her voice and some excitement at the trouble they were going to cause.

Nathan looked up as Ban spoke and chuckled a little. "She always has something she's scheming." He pointed out, looked over to Ban. "I suppose the longer you're with her the more you'll realize that there is always something," he added. He had heard just about every story and rumor everyone else in town had, but Hayden had shared a few with him he hadn't heard about that Delilah had included her in on. It was amusing to say the least.

Claire thanked Heaven for the food and then waited patiently as everyone else got their food, taking note of the kinds of things she could order. She was curious if the cook was also a wolf or a witch or if the status of the wolves around her just earned some supposed privileges that even humans accepted. Claire started to eat when the others did and was careful to listen to what Oli had to say. It was good information to know and keep in mind, even if it was minor compared to some of the other things she knew she would need to learn. "Is there not a daycare system or something specifically for the wolf and witch children? For the families like Heaven's?" She asked, hoping the question wouldn't come off as rude, she was just curious. She could imagine with all the moving around and then trying to be mom and work was hard sometimes for Heaven and her family. She also knew being a town mixed with humans and supernatural added plenty of challenges.

Delilah smiled as she nodded, "That is great. Just in case, I will find Cali and make a scene. I need the added push." she smiled as they reached the boys. "Hi, Nathan. So, are you riding with us, or just taking Hayden home. Ban has to head to the flower shop, so I thought Hayden was coming with us, unless you really want to take her?" she teased. Delilah made a point to glances over to Hayden while she spoke and than back to Nathan, before she finished.

Ban sighed as he listened, they had to stop and pick up his little twin sisters, the twins had a record for making friends, and they wanted to go to a girls house to play. So, Ban told them, they could the day before, which worked out for today. He had a feeling Delilah would spring something soon, so he wants to make sure that if the chance came, he could stand by his word. With Kael is art club, the twins going to a friend, Ban was sure he didn't have to worry too much about being home too soon.

Oli looked at her, as the others started to eat, "Like I said, Kalvin doesn't really have any experience with humans. Any daycare would be impossible for him to go to." she motioned to the kitchen, "There is no staff here that is not supernatural, but the customers are a different subject." she explains, "We all have human experience, but the pups that travel out, have none. They are wild and unpredictable, and even with the supernatural staff in daycares, there are still human children. Kill a drunk or an adult that wonders around, that is fine, but if a human child was killed.....this would not be a safe place for anyone." she explained as she went back to eating.

Michael sighed, as he said, "When it comes to the town, humans are the most dangerous for us. The witches help us, but against Humans, they can't take the risk either. Pups like Kalvin don't get to have any normal life, because their parent or parents are more important out there than with the pack. In the end, they usually end up travelling all their life and finding family and home away from the pack than within it. In town, there is no way that we can separate from the humans, because the moment they think we are, they will get the police involved, try to throw the law around about discrimination, and they will kick and scratch and drag their heels until they get their way." He looked at her a little confused, "You haven't been around humans very much have you?"

Cass chuckled, "Or at all." she added as she seem to hum, before looking at Claire, "Humans are the worse kind of monsters. Wait until you meet their hunters. You will have nothing but fear in your heart, with the way you see things." she chuckled.

"Cass, that's not nice." York stated, as he glanced between Cass and Chris, who had finished eating and was looking out the window again, paying no attention to anyone, or so it seemed. York sighed as he turned to Claire, "What Cass means, is that, we have seen a lot of things your pack probably hasn't, it's why we don't trust that easy. It's why, we travel with witches and the wars we have survived, is why witches and wolves in this town are a team. Our history proves that our pack has been in more wars than any that exist, because we are the last of the original packs. When we do something, say something, or plan something, like taking Kalvin, so Heaven can work, it's not out of kindness. Or at least, for some of us, it's not." he smirked to Oli, knowing she did do it for kindness, more than duty. "But we do it, because we know what happens if we don't. What it will start and this is the best option to keep our pack alive."

Chris broke his silence, "We needed your resources, it is the only reason you are here." he turned to Claire, "But if you are staying, you should learn what happens to wolves of this pack and the history of why we have survived. We have been weak, weaker than your pack now, just as many times as we have been strong. Don't just learn the rules, understand why they are in place. Because if you don't, you will never be one of us." he said as he stood up, "And when I am Alpha, if you are not one of us, I will kill you, for the protection of my pack." he said, Cass giggled with excitement as Chris moved out of his chair, "I will get Kalvin." he said, as he left the table.

Oli growled under her breath as she watched him, than turned to Claire, "Don't listen to Christopher. It's just his father talking. You should learn the history and reason behind it all, but he won't kill you."

"But I will." Cass added with a grin, as she stood up, "I will love the way the warm blood drips down and your organs bast in my hands as I crush them. And when I am done, I will hang you up as a warning to all that wish to cross my brother." she giggled before she moved to follow Chris.

Hayden glanced between Delilah and Nathan, her eyes narrowed. Delilah had something else up her sleeve and Hayden didn't like that she couldn't tell what. Then she looked to Nathan who replied.
"I'd be happy to give you a ride Hayden if you don't want to run around with the new couple." he gave Delilah a playful smirk. He hadn't really realized that it would be all four of them going to the movies earlier, and it seemed Hayden hadn't realized that either, but he didn't mind. He just hoped that she didn't mind either.

"Uh, sure. I mean I have to go by the flower shop first though to drop something off for my mom, s-so I could just go with these guys if you prefer." She said shyly. Nathan smiled a little.

"I can take you Hayden, it's no problem. I'm killing time until the movie anyway." He assured her. Hayden glanced briefly to Delilah and for a moment Nathan was sure she was going to reject him and opt to just get a ride to the florist with Ban and Delilah and then walk wherever she needed to go next. He couldn't figure her out and found himself often wondering if he had done something wrong when he was spending time with her. He knew she was quiet, but she seemed different with him.

"O-Okay, sure, if you don't mind." She finally said, moving towards where his truck was parked. He smiled brightly.

"Not at all." He assured her, then he looked towards Ban and Delilah. "We'll meet you guys at the movies." He assured them

Claire blushed a little at Michael's question and shook her head, embarrassed. "My...old pack was nearly wiped out by hunters, so the Alpha before Richard relocated us as a private commune. No humans are allowed in and we weren't allowed into any of the nearby human towns without an escort who could make sure we wouldn't cause trouble. I had only been allowed to go a couple of times to the human towns. I-I know they can be dangerous though, especially when they're afraid." She admitted quietly, reminded even more how much of an outsider she was to this town.

She listened to each of them as they spoke, soaking in the information as York explained a little. Then she looked to Chris as he spoke to her. She turned just a little paler, but her expression remained neutral and she nodded at his words. "I Understand." She said simply, even as Oli went to reassure her they wouldn't kill her. The female was kind, but even as Chris' mate, Claire had trouble believing her. Her fate was death if she did not learn everything there was to learn about this pack as quickly as she could. And even that would be fruitless if her pack didn't keep to the rules of the treaty. Even so, she couldn't help as her eyes narrowed as she glanced to Cass and the words she spoke. She also realized that none of it may matter should Cass decide she's had enough for Claire.

Once the siblings had left, Claire let out a deep sigh and looked down to her half touched food. She wasn't as hungry anymore. She offered the remaining three a smile she hoped didn't look too forced. "I'm more likely to be killed than I am to survive being here, I'm not foolish enough to think that isn't true. But I am still going to learn everything I can about this pack. It's my home now until either one of the Alphas orders me dead," She shrugged, she didn't dare hope to live to old age. "Is there anywhere I can go where records of the pack's history is kept? Anywhere I can start that research?" She asked. Her tone was unbothered and curious, there was no use showing and admitting to her discomfort in her new position, and there may have been a little fear and sadness there too, but those she would keep locked securely away.

Delilah found some amusement in the situation that she put Hayden in, as she watched Hayden and Nathan walk away she couldn't help but think how amusing it would be if Hayden let Nathan like her. But at the same time, she knew that she couldn't let Nathan know Hayden that well. It was a little sad to think that Hayden could not be as well known to others as she was to Delilah. But was because others wouldn't understand that Hayden didn't need their pity or sympathy.

Delilah sighed as she entered the store, late, since she went with Ban to pick up his twin sisters and drop them off at a friend's, before she dropped him off, in front of the store, before he started to the flower store. He wanted to pick the flowers without Delilah there to watch him. But he did leave her with something since they have to stop at his house before they dropped the girls off, he had picked a military model plane that Kael had put in his waiting pile. Knowing that they would never be able to get to it, because Kael was waiting for his father and his father would not give him the time that was needed for making the model. So, when she got into the store she smirked a little, to her father, "Is Elliot doing his homework in the office?" she asked. It was rare for her to take interest in her little brother, as much as Hayden did. After all, they had nearly nothing in common, other than the fact that they had the same parents. But that was about the extent of how things were between them, really.

Oli looked a little sad at her, but Heaven came with York's order before she could say anything, "Your usual." she announced, then looked around confused, that the conversation between them seem to have put a dark shadow around Claire.

"Actually, I am going to take Claire to see Kate, best make it to-go." York stated as he watched Oli, who nodded at him in thanks, and Claire. "I will take you to the person that you need to talk to." he told Claire. "She can help you to understand what has happened to our pack and how we know a lot of what we do. It is important for you to learn these things." he explained.

Michael nodded, "Good idea." he said as Heaven nodded, taking York's plate to pack it to go. "Abigail is at school right now, anyway. You can't meet her until later on." he explained to Claire.

"Heaven." they heard Allen call, as he entered, getting their attention, Allen wasn't a wolf or a witch, he smelled different than any human and the way he moved was relaxed.

Oli smirked, as she touched Claire's arm, in case she became alarmed by the fact that he was not someone a wolf would normally have contact with, "That is Allen, we are not sure what he is, either. But Kate will be able to explain, that we learned the different creatures also live well together. We have allies, other than packs, for that fact, we just don't let anyone else know and they are very good at keeping hidden when other packs are around." she explained.

Allen moved towards Heaven in a rush, "Calvin told me I could keep up the order." he stated.

Heaven stopped on her way back to the table and smiled, nodding, "Yeah. Give me a moment." she said as she came back to the take to give York his to-go order. "Here you go." she smiled.

"What order?" York asked, curiously.

"Oh, Calvin ordered for the celebration, but had it sent here. You know how Allen is, Calvin just didn't want the order to arrive and Allen not be there." she smiled at them, "I will be right back." she said as Allen had stopped and was at the counter to wait for her, she turned towards him and started to go to him, so she could lead him to the back, into the kitchen.

Michael smirked, "You will get used to the difference in this pack to yours. There a lot, but you should know that it will take you time and you do have time." he assured her, in spite of what his brother had said. Chris had a plan, he was sure, on how he would become Alpha, but Chris was patient, Michael was sure it would be years before he actually moved on Garrett, because he was sure that Garrett was nowhere near stepping down, now.

Nigel didn't even have time to point out that Delilah was late before his daughter spoke. He was standing behind the counter, looking at the clock when the door opened and Delilah entered. His eyes widened slightly in surprise as she asked about Elliot and then narrowed a little in suspicion. His daughter never asked after her brother. He crossed his arms, frowning ever so slightly in mild confusion.
"He is. Your mother is back there with him. Delilah, honey, you are late. Before anything else, you need to tell me why you are late." He said. His tone stern but not angry or upset. Just...fatherly. Before he could say much more, Maria stepped out from the office and let out a small sigh of relief when she saw Delilah and saw that it didn't look as though her daughter had been up to any mischief.
Elliot had started to come out to see what had grabbed his mother's attention, but was promptly sent back into the office to continue working on his homework until she came back.

Claire looked to York in surprise, not bothering to hide it at his rather kind offer. But then she offered him a slight smile and nodded. "Thank you, I would very much appreciate that." She said. Whatever she had been going to say next was cut off as Allen entered. She felt herself tense, unable to identify his scent or what he was. The others didn't seem to be alarmed though and at the same time Oli touched her arm. Claire glanced over to her, frowning a little in confusion. She wasn't really even sure what to expect with that. She returned her attention to the brief interaction between Heaven and Allen and then to Michael as he spoke to her.
She offered him a smile and a nod. She didn't believe that, regardless of his position, but she still appreciated his kind encouragement. "I'll do my best to learn everything I can." She promised him, offering another kind smile. She let out a small sigh and then moved to get to her feet. "I suppose we may as well go? I don't want to keep you away from anything else you need to get done today." She said to York, offering him a smile as well. She was genuinely appreciative of his offer to take her to someone who could help her learn the pack's history.

Delilah looked at both her parents and shrugged, "My boyfriend had to pick up his little sisters." she said in a matter fact way. "He has a lot of responsibilities since he is the oldest. So, I decided to go with him and meet them." She smirked a little, "He dropped me off, and we stopped by his place to pick this up." she said as she showed him the model plane, "It's some military-grade Black Widow 2. Whatever that means?" she shrugged, "He thought Elliot might like it. It was bought recently on base, somewhere in Texas, I think he said." she said to her father. "You told me that a military kid would be good for me to hang out with. So, there was a new guy at school that was military, and we hit it off. I didn't get a chance to tell you about it yesterday, because you sent me straight to work. He is going to stop by soon, he just went to get something for mom, said it was wrong for him to stop by without respectfully gifting something to her. You know how those military brats can be, they have to be respectful to every new authority and his mom is heading back into town tonight, so he wouldn't want to upset her by not showing my mom respect." she said with some pride before she glanced to her mother and then back at Nigel. "Can I give this to Elliot now? I promised to give it to him before he got back and I am half sure that he is going to see Hayden, but she probably won't be able to hold him up that long." She said as she motioned towards the office, as a way to ask if she could go give it to Elliot, again.
York smirked as he nodded, "I need to go that way as it is." He said as he stood up. He motioned for her to follow, as he started to the front exit.

"We will see you later." Oli smiled as she waved bye to Claire.

"I will find you later." Michael said as he smirked at Claire.

York opened the door, waiting for Claire to exit before following her out, "So. Kate is kind of the historian of the town and the pack." He said ad he followed her out, he motioned to the center of town, "She normally is at the historical museum slash oldest home in town. It is actually the last house standing building in town. It was built when the town first formed." He informed her. "But I am sure she is with her husband across town. He is our cleaner, the mister fixer of town. But I think Cass went a little crazy outside of town." He said as he pointed to the left, "This way." He said as he started to walk.

Nigel and Maria shared a look, seeming to be speaking to one another through that look before Maria disappeared back into the office with Elliot. Nigel turned his attention to Delilah. "Go ahead and bring the gift to Elliot, I am sure he will be thrilled." He said, there was a note of bewilderment in his tone and it was as if he was still trying to wrap his head around the idea of Delilah having a boyfriend. "But, come back out after, if you have a...uh....boyfriend, we have a few things to discuss. Preferably before we meet him, but if it must wait until after then so be it." He said, motioning with his hand for her to go ahead. Maria was just leaving the office again after having gotten Elliot on track with his homework so she could speak to her husband privately in the moment that Delilah was with Elliot.

Elliot was already eagerly waiting, having snuck to the doorway to listen anyway, and was thrilled he was getting a new model plane, though he hadn't really heard much else about it since he'd run back in before he would get caught.
"Is that more me Del?" He asked excitedly as soon as she had entered the office, jumping to his feet.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nathan had brought Hayden to the diner in town where her mom worked to grab a fresh unifrom and then brought her to the flower shop where her mom worked during the day. As they went inside, Hayden handed over the fresh uniform to her slightly frazzled mother, who in turn thanked her and kissed her cheek.
"Oh, Nathan, how good to see you again, it was nice of you to give her a ride." She said as she stowed the uniform away in her locker in the employee office and then she turned back to them. "Sweetheart I don't have a lot of time I'm afraid." She said apologetically to Hayden. Hayden just smiled and shook her head a little.

"It's okay mom." She smirked a little. "Delilah has a new boyfriend, and he's coming by to pick out some flowers for Mrs. Rein. I thought I'd stick around until he got here and help him pick something out." She explained. Madison looked to her in mild amusement but then smiled an nodded.

"No problem. You kids make yourselves comfortable. I have to finish getting some orders arranged. You're welcome to use the table in here or the tea table in the front to get some work done if you like. Just let me know if you need anything." She said, kissing Hayden's forehead before rushing to the back once more. Hayden shook her head a little, but smiled and looked to Nathan. She seemed a little more relaxed here and if he remembered right she had gotten a job the last few weeks of summer helping her mom out in the flower shop.

"Want to go work on some homework until Ban gets here?" She asked Nathan, gesturing to the front of the store, He nodded and followed her out.

Claire gave Michael and Oli a smile and then followed York out of the diner. "If she is with her husband will it really be okay for you to be brining me to her?" She asked. Especially if it sounded like her husband might be a little busy. It had taken her a moment to catch on to what York meant by cleaner, but once he had mentioned Cass, she was able to figure it out quickly. "Does Kate ever help him with the...cleaning?" She asked, genuinely curious. She was eager to learn and she couldn't hide that fact, but she didn't think that was such a bad thing.

Delilah smirked as she nodded, going to the office, she nodded to Elliot when he asked if the gift was for him. "Yep." she told him as she moved to the desk to seat on the desktop, "My boyfriend wanted you to have it. He is a military brat, with three other siblings. He thought you would like this because his little brother really liked them when he was smaller." she smirked, as she handed him the box. "It's a Military plane, called the Blak Widow 2. He said it shouldn't be too complicated, but he can get you an older model if you master making it. But if not, let him know and he will get you another one, or he could help you with this one?" she suggested. Ban had told her that the military planes were more of a two-person thing, for his family, so he would be willing to help her brother. But she wasn't going to tell him that he simply offered the help, she wanted Elliot to think it was a challenge. "You know, I think he is just trying to butter you up, to keep an eye on me, but you wouldn't do that to me, would you?" she smiled. She knew that Elliot might tell his parents about her, but when it came to others, he never really had a chance.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ban sighed as he got out of the car and saw Nathan and Hayden were already there. "Hey." he said to them, knowing that they were probably there to meet him. But he was not really someone that needed the help as much as most people might think that he did. He sighed again as he went to find the right flowers. There were a few selections that looked like the right flower, but he knew what a Peony and Snapdragon looked like. He had been to the Mediterranean with his father and he was sure that he could find them just fine. But he wasn't going to refuse the help if he was faced with it. He was sure that it wouldn't be how Delilah would expect him to be and he had to play the perfect boyfriend, to make sure that he didn't fail in the plan. It was easy to play the boyfriend to a girl he knew nothing about personally. He knew details and facts, but that was about it for what he really knew about her. But being her boyfriend was pretty easy, when he thought about it, he just had to listen to her and respect the way that she did things while keeping her under control, to avoid it affecting the plan in any way. Thinking about that, Ban was sure this was going to be worse than when he has to control Kael, but he didn't have a choice.

York laughed, "Kate is a Historian, she helps her husband when she gets a chance, but her position and job is history. Surprised you don't know her name though, your Alpha had to get in contact with her before he could even talk to Garrett. All Packs have to go through her, first. Because our history is passed down in a different way, than most packs, access to the Alpha is a lot harder than when you try to talk to any other wolf, even the Beta." he chuckled, as he explained. "From what I hear, your Alpha was like every other Alpha, when he found that out. Annoyed. But it's important that we keep others from our Alpha. You aren't the first 'Gift' we have gotten. During the previous Alphas, we got a few through the ages and some come for information, some for escape, and some for a short line to get to our Alpha." he explained further as he leads the way, walking with Claire. "In fact, Abel, Kate's husband, is a child of a 'Gift'. His mother came from a pack that didn't value a lot of the females unless they could breed and that was pretty much what they valued of them. She had to fight and kill a few other females to be given to us and when she came, she was expecting to be treated the same way. But she was given to a wolf that Travelled a lot, like Kal and me. But she had to stay with the pack for a few months. When we found out how she was treated, the previous Alpha released her from her obligation and after his father died last year, she went back to her old pack to help the females." York smiled at Claire, "We stop in a few times, to make sure she is okay and to help out with any males that want to change things. His mother actually is getting some motion on getting her females the rights, as our pack does. So, I wouldn't worry too much about what Chris said. He is a big silent grouch but he wouldn't just kill you off." he assured her.

Elliot's eyes lit up as he took the model plane and he was hardly listening to Delilah as he turned it over in his hands and looked at it. He was itching to open it up and begin piecing it together, but he knew their parents would get mad at him if he did that before he finished his homework. He finally looked back up to Delilah, a hard set determination taking over his look and he shook his head a little. "I can build it myself, I don't need help." He said, but then he turned a little sheepish. "But maybe he can still help if I have trouble with it." He suggested and he grinned. "You wouldn't let me even if I wanted to." He giggled when she asked if he would keep an eye on her for her new boyfriend. He smiled more. He loved his sister, but they had never been all that close. "Is he cool? When did you get a boyfriend? Do you like him a lot? He really said he would get me more of these if I finish this one?" He rattled off the questions in rapid fire, obviously already thrilled with Ban, even if he had yet to meet him.

Before Delilah could answer though, Maria came back. "Elliot, sweetheart, go ahead and finish up your homework okay? Then we can go home and you can work on your new model. I need to talk to your sister." She said. Elliot nodded, giving Delilah another big smile before he went back to where his homework was waiting for him. Maria gestured for Delilah to come back out to the main part of the store where her father was.
"You know we are not against you having a boyfriend," Her mother started.

"Especially one with a military family." Her father chimed in.

"But we would appreciate a little bit more information Delilah." Her mother added.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hayden and Nathan both looked up as Ban entered. "Hey." They replied in unison. Hayden hesitated, staying at the table with Nathan as Ban walked in, then glanced towards the cash register and back to Nathan.
"Just stay here, I'll go ring him up so my mom can finish what she's doing." She said. She only worked at the store now and then through out the school year, at least that was the deal with the owner, but she didn't think there would be an issue if she helped to ring up a customer now and then. She got up and went to let her mom know and then returned to the main part of the store, walking over to Ban.

"You'll probably have better luck in that section. Do you need help finding anything?" She asked. She gestured towards the cash register. "If not I'll start getting together some stuff to wrap the bouquet and I can check you out once you have everything. Is Delilah at her parents' store?" She asked him curiously.

Claire smirked a little. "I knew he had to go through another wolf to even get things started, he was pretty annoyed by that, but I never heard the other wolf's name." She explained. "I was only chosen because I was the highest ranking daughter in our pack. Our Beta and Alpha do not have daughters." She added. She listened to what else he had to say and couldn't help but to smile a little. "Don't get the wrong idea, but that sounds both out of character and in character from the rumors I've heard about this pack." She said with a wry grin, looking over to York. Despite his role in the pack, there was something about him that she felt a little more at ease with and she felt she could be a little more open with what she said. She would still be careful of course, she had no doubt he could kill her in a heart beat, but still. "I do suppose the wariness around accepting a 'gift' is warranted if that's how past deals have gone. Not that it means anything, but I can assure you I am not here for any ill intent." She smiled again, knowing full well that it was only her word and she had not yet earned that kind of trust. "I do like that your...that the pack is helping those female though. I know a wolf from my old pack that would very much like to help with something like that. Though according to Alpha Richard she is far too wild, I don't know if that would be beneficial or not to that kind of cause." She said with a light laugh.

Delilah smirked as she nodded, but before she could let Elliot know that she was sure Ban wouldn't mind. But when her mother came for her, she started to the door and looked back, "Let me know, and I will tell him." She assured him, as she left the room.

When she got to the room, she shrugged, as they stopped speaking, "His name is Ban, he is the oldest of four, his mom is a translator and his father is like a combat specialist or tactical specialist. He is a Junior in the high school, it is his first time in a public school and he is on the Varsity team for soccer." she smirked a little, "I don't know what else to tell you. I was late yesterday, because we were talking and this morning we just happen to click a bit more and thought it would be best to give the relationship a try." She shrugged again, "I mean, he hasn't had one and I haven't had one, we liked each other. It seemed logical to him, so we did.

Ban nodded, "Yeah, she is. I dropped her off, so she could talk to them and get our story straight. We came up with an answer to just about any question they could ask. While I was getting my sisters and dropping them off. So, I will get some flowers and than go to the store. By then, she should have answered the questions and I just have to deal with the series of questions that they will have." eh said as he moved to the area and located the flowers. He placed them in a mix, as he moved towards the cashier, "So, you have work now?" he asked, "Or still just helping out?" he asked.

York chuckled, "Wild is what out pack is known for, but yeah, I guess the way others know us, is a little mixed with the way that we honestly are." he smiled, as he walked with her, he sighed. "But I wouldn't suggest that you not tell that wolf friend of yours. If word got around that she went to help, with a Moonlight problem, without the okay from our Alpha, she would be a target. And your pack was kind of nice. Your Luna is sweet and if any of the homes are like your Alpha's, I wouldn't want to have to go back with orders." he explained. He sighed deeper this time, "But I will mention the interest in telling another wolf" he said as his hand brushed through his hair, "But Garrett won't like it. The female pack thing, has a Moonlight wolf's paws all over it, which means the Moonlight has her back. Anyone else helping, would be an insult to us. And the Alpha will take it as someone thinking we can't handle our own." he smiled, "Ju a heads up, anything you learn from this pack, the smallest detail, stays within this pack. Especially what Kate tells you. I think you will fit in with the pack just fine, nice even. But the Golden Rule is, what happens in the pack stays in the pack." he said as he paused, stopping as they reached the edge, he looked around for a moment before he motioned her to follow him.

As they got deeper into the trees a crunch hit metal, as an old pick up slightly came to view. York pointed towards it, "That is Abel's truck." he announced to Claire.

Nigel and Marie shared a look. In their eyes, logical hardly ever seemed a word that was associated with their wild daughter. Even so, it seemed her mother was fighting back a smile. She was happy to hear that, though she would be happier to have proof that this boy was actually as Delilah described. But with how her daughter described him, she sincerely hoped that maybe he would be able to help tame Delilah. Or at least help her to be a little more responsible.

"You already said he was coming with something for your mother. I hope he is also coming to officially talk to me about dating you?" He asked, an eyebrow raised. Both parents knew that Delilah was fully aware of how things needed to go for her to be able to date someone, even if he was a military brat. Both Nigel and Maria needed to approve of him, and they expected he would speak to Nigel for permission to date his daughter. They were old fashioned that way and they knew it, but it was how they ran their home.

Hayden smirked a little as she neatly wrapped white tissue paper and then gold - Maria's favorite color - around the flowers, placed them in a plastic sheath, and then tied a pretty ribbon around it to hold everything together as she replied to Ban. "I'm just helping. My mother is the only one working today which normally is fine. But one of the owners top customers ordered a huge amount of floral arrangements this morning that needed to be done by tonight and so she is trying to finish those off. I worked here for a little in the summer and the owners are letting me pick up shifts throughout the school year as I can," She explained, then paused as she handed Ban the finished bouquet, not sure why she had to explain that much. "Long story short I'm just helping. Then Nate and I are killing time until you and your new girlfriend can meet us at the movies." She added. She rang up the flowers and then gave him the cost.
As she entered in his payment and then handed him his change, she looked up to him. He still made her uneasy, but after what happened at lunch, she felt a little better about trying to interact with him. She smirked.

"I'd wish you luck, but by how your own father sounds - or rather by how you act - I'd imagine no girl's dad is going to intimidate you." She said. Nigel could be intimidating, but he wasn't a large man necessarily or one who was physically imposing and she had no doubt this would be a walk in the park for Ban. "Don't forget to officially ask him to date Del." She added as she came back around the counter. She would have liked to watch everything happen, but she knew she would have to settle for Delilah telling her about it later.

Claire smirked a little. "I won't say anything to her. As much as I appreciate you being willing to say something to Alpha Garrett, it is something that can wait. I can respect Moonlight wanting to handle that without outside help." She said. Her friend Kelsey would have loved such a project, though Claire wasn't so sure the female would handle some of it in the best of ways. She shook her head a little. "I will do what I can to protect my old pack by being a part of this one. And I swear I won't say anything to them of what I learn here." She added, smiling slightly. Besides, she wasn't sure she could even talk to her old pack even if she wanted. Well not that she wanted to, but she knew she would miss her little sister and best friend. She supposed asking about contacting them would be something that would have to wait until she gained more trust though.

Claire found herslef quieting though as York looked around after his stop, then followed when he motioned. She couldn't help but to look around, and as they came upon the truck she stopped when he did. "Do they live out here, or are we just looking to see if Kate is with Abel?" She asked curiously.

Delilah smirked, "Yeah he is. Made a big thing about it too. I don't see why he has to though. I thought bring about to make me happy would be good enough." She sighed as she shrugged, "It's not like I'm a child. Plus it's not like we are ever going to be alone. He has to take care of his siblings a lot, if it wasn't for the fact that his sisters made a friend, they would be with him now." She said, annoyed by her father's statement. Ban had already stated it, when she told him that they were strict with old fashion ideas. But it was still annoying.

Ban smirked as he took the flowers, dressed up in gold and a bow, "I have this handled. Don't forget to bring your date." He teased, as he started to back up. "I have a plan." He said as he turned just before hitting something. He knew it was there, learning yoir surroundings in seconds was something he had down. But the way he turned moved just right. He had to keep himself balanced,but he was starting to think if he was a little less balance he could get Hayden to relax a bit more. It would make things easier when dealing with Delilah. Having Hayden around to suspect him, was noticeable. But he went to the car and sighed, as he placed them gentle beside him.
York smirked, nodding. He didn't say anything at first. Claire's words told him her loyalty was to her old pack alone. But she had only gotten there, so it was something to be expected. He sighed as he shook his head, "It's a pack thing. Kate will explain. No one lives this way out of town. It's suspicious. Unless you are the Alpha or his family. Something else kate will explain." He assured her. As he did, he motioned to the blond woman closing the truck tailgate. "There she is." He said as Abel came from the side and sighed. "And that is Abel." He said as they got in earshot.

"That it?" Kate asked.

Abel nodded as he tossed another bag in the back and smirked, " For once. Yeah." He chuckled as Kate nodded in approval.

"Good. I think she is getting some control." Kate said as the chuckled. Abel moved closer to her and they kissed softly before the turned to York and Claire. "York. Claire. That took less time than I thought it would." Kate said, knowing that they were coming.

"We left when I said." York said as if it was no surprise.

Abel chuckled, "I am going to head back onto town." He told Kate. Then turned to Claire, " Welcome to the pack. We won't see much of each other, I hope. But I will see you around town."

York smirked, nodding, "Yep." He said as he turned to Claire, "Like I said he is a cleaner slash fixer. Generally only seen when you are in trouble." He pointed out as Abel kissed Kate one last time before he moved around the truck to the driver's side. "Hold up." York said as he moved to the passenger side. "Catch you later, Claire. Kate will take good care of you." He assured her before getting in the truck.

Kate motioned Claire over, "Come on. I got all the details from York on your way here. Let the boys make their mess. We have a lot of talking to get to." She stated as she moved around tbe truck to get out of the way so Abel could reverse. "This is as far as the vehicles came go. So he will reverse until he get to the road." She told Claire, explaining why they had been packed there. "I spoke with your Alpha before. A little young for his age, if you can believe it." She commented. "But I am glad he kept his head. Garrett would not have been very nice if he wasn't. I did warn him."

Nigel's gaze hardened a little. "You're only 15 Delilah. I am glad to hear this boy has enough sense to know to come talk to use first." He said. There was a brief awkward silence. Her parents had made it clear that she was very much still a child, especially based on her actions.

"Is he handsome?" Maria asked after a moment, offering Delilah a peace offering smile. "I mean I'll see him with my own eyes, sure, but your view is different than mine." She added, still offering that small smile. Their relationship may be strained, and they may not have been the closest mother and daughter, but was it so wrong of her to take an interest when her daughter found a boy she liked enough to want to date?

It wasn't too much longer before they heard the bell at the entry door ring and Nigel and Maria both looked over to see a young man enter, carrying a bouquet of flowers.

=+=+=

Hayden blushed at his words, despite herself, and then smirked a little. Luckily Nathan hadn't heard the remark, otherwise it would have been far more awkward for her. "We'll see you there." She said as he left, curious about this plan of his. Her eyes widened a little as he actually ran into something. As he showed movements that were even a little clumsy and despite herself, she smirked again, snorting a little. More out of sheer surprise than thinking the act itself was amusing. She waited until she saw his car from the front shop windows pull away and then went back to the table with Nathan.
"We probably have a little more time to work before we have to go." She said, and Nathan nodded.

Claire offered York a smile as he left and waved. "See you around, and nice to meet you, Abel." She said before turning her attention over to Kate, stepping out of the way of the truck as Kate did. She sighed.
"Alpha Richard can have quite a temper, but he is a good alpha, and the pack is important to him. Though I can imagine it was hard for him to rein in that temper." She said with a smirk. She liked Kate too, the woman seemed kind already.
"I look forward to learning all you can teach me, thank you for agreeing to talk with me." She said. She moved to follow Kate, curious if they were returning somewhere or just taking a walk through the woods. Frankly she didn't mind either way. She did have a question though.
"It's been hinted at some, but when you said York told you we were coming...that was through a mind link? I know some packs utilize such a thing, though I admit I don't know more than the basics we all seem to instinctually know."

Delilah was taken aback, with all her planning and misleads, she came to a point that she realized that she never really looked at Ban that way. She never looked at him as more than a means to an end, but she smirked a little. "Well. Yeah." She said as she recalled so many eyes on Ban, nearly as much as Nathan got. She had to make a note to look at him closely. Maybe he was handsome to her, that would be a plus, right?

It wasn't long until Ban opened the store door, knocking to get attention and walking in. Delilah played her part with an excited grin, as he walked into where Delilah was huddled with her parents. "Mr. And Mrs. Rein." He nodded, before handing her mother the flowers, "For you. My mother tells me that flowers are for the mother, as a gift, for giving life and helping to develop her daughter. A dozen seemed strange, so I got 15, for every year with Delilah." He offered, before he smiled, "Hayden helps me with them, so I hope they are an acceptable gift." He said then turned to Mr. Rein. "Sir." He played the nervous shift in his stand, to give Nigel the feeling of superiority. "My name is Ban Shaffer."

Kate smiled at her, as they walked, as she listened to her, and nodded, "Yes." she said, simply. She fell silent for a moment, before she sighed, "The instinctual link is what most packs know, the ability of an Alpha to link between his or her pack. But the Link we have is a lot different and no other pack we have met has the same kind." she said as she tried to think of how to explain. "Well, I should explain this, in history, that is why you needed to talk to me, right?" She sighed softly as she thought of where to start, and then she spoke, "At the beginning of our race, there were the four-packs, each had an Alpha and each Alpha, was part of what was known then as a Counsel of Alphas. And we lived in isolation until a group of humans mistook a wolf of one of these packs as a normal wolf and shoot them. Killing that one wolf, started a trend in the humans, and the war started. The Alphas moved to their packs being killed and all but one Alpha was killed. Banding the last of those loyal to the Council of Alphas, he created a nameless pack. He was badly wounded in the fight that the Alphas had tried to stop the humans. He was weak and so, this small pack would care for him and to keep him hidden, would only hunt at night, at the light of the moon. This is how we got the name Moonlight, it is the name the pack took on. But some wolves grew tired of waiting for the Alpha to gain strength and moved on to make packs of their own. One pack wanted to still have the alliance with the Alpha and gave a gift. The daughter of the leader of the pack rejoined the Alpha's pack, for a time. She gained the trust of the pack and was thought to be loyal to the Alpha, enough to be alone with him. At that moment, she nearly killed him. It started another war, as her father came to save her life, and he attacked. While the pack was being protected the Alpha told a young wolf that he should kill the Alpha and eat his heart. The Alpha explained to this young wolf, that to save his family, this was the only way. The Alpha was so powerful, that it would still be years before he could be in fighting strength. It was a power that needed to be passed down. So, the young wolf killed his own Alpha and ate his heart, gaining the knowledge, strength, and power from the Alpha. With that act, our pack survived, with the Alpha's leadership and so, to prevent a betrayal within the pack again, the new Alpha decided that he would further the instinct of the wolves. The original Alphas had secrets about our kind that they did not tell anyone because they felt sharing that knowledge would cause chaos within their packs. And it could have." she explained as she stopped, "One night, when the moon was full and the pack was whole, the new Alpha gathered his blood and joined it with all the wolves in the pack's blood. They all gave blood under the moon's shine and the Alpha opened himself and shared the mixture of blood in a ritual that linked them all. As Alpha, he drank first, his second drank next and as all the wolves drank, the ritual sealed them all together." she smiled as she looked at Claire, "Creating a link like no other, an open link, allowing all the wolves to feel and see, hear and think together as one. But leaving the Alpha the one lasting power to control every wolf under his command. A power that has been abused and respected throughout our history. But it is the link we all share now." she chuckled, "One you will experience. When you are a pup, it is like an open world, and being without it, knowing others do not have it, is like watching a fish struggle to breathe. You gave pity and sadness, but you would never want to share in that experience. You learn to control it, open yourself to who you want, and closeout others, it is hard at first, but as you grow, you get stronger and it becomes easier and easier until all you know is control. That is what we did, York told me that you were coming, I used his eyes to know what you looked like. I let him know where we were and how to find us. I showed him what I was doing and let him know why. It is how we have so much trust in each other and know the peace of the family, with all our pack members. When you can be welcomed into this link then you will understand how it feels. Right now, there are so many wolves curious about you, watching you through my eyes, they have so many feelings, they think so much, but they want to trust. And some want to kill you, they think you are dangerous." she giggled a little as she looked at Claire, "Less of them want to kill you. We all still have our own thoughts and beliefs, but our link with each other can be so open or we can close it off." She sighed as she started to walk again, "Come. We should go to the highest peak, it will be better to talk up there."

"Oh! Well thank you Ban, your mother taught you well." Maria said as she brought the flowers up to smell them. She smiled and looked to Ban again. "These are my favorites, thank you." She added. Even if Hayden had helped him to pick them out, she still greatly appreciated the gesture, and that he would care enough to make sure he got flowers that were her favorites. "I'm going to go put these in some water." She added, turning to go. She looked to Delilah and offered her daughter a soft smile. So far, she approved.

Nigel looked to Ban, his eyes narrowed slightly in what his wife called his standard over-protective father look. She had teased him for it, though only in private. Even so, he gave the look to Ban, as if assessing whether he was actually a good fit for his daughter. "It's nice to meet you Ban." He finally said as he reached out to shake Ban's hand. He sighed, looking over to Delilah and then back to Ban. He was actually at a bit of a loss himself, the young man standing before him was not at all what he expected, and he seemed exactly as Delilah had described. "Delilah say's your from a military family, then you understand how important having self control and order is." He said, giving Delilah a pointed look. "I imagine you're here to ask her out officially? I'll approve, but I expect that you will not be encouraging my daughter's poor behavior. If I find out you have she is not the only one who is going to be in trouble, do I make myself clear?" He asked.
Before Ban could reply though, Elliot came running out from the office, clutching the model plane Ban had given Delilah to give him. He smiled brightly when he saw Ban.

"Are you my sister's new boyfriend?" He asked. "Thank you for the plane, she said you could help me if I needed help. I don't think I will, I'm really good at these, but can I ask you for help still later if I need it?" He asked, excited and enthusiastic for the gift he had been given. Nigel sighed a little but couldn't help smiling at Elliot's excitement.

Ban opened his mouth to answer Nigel when Delilah's little brother came in and he smirked with a nod, "Yeah. That is fine with me. I am used to helping out with the models and it is a great idea for some bonding. You can ask me to help you with whatever you need." he assured Elliot. He patted Elliot's shoulder, "Just let me know and I will help." he looked to Nigel as he took his hand and shook it, "Trust me, sir. Trouble is not part of the plan." he said with a straight star into Nigel's eyes. He had let the father be superior, now, he held his gaze into Nigel's eyes, to show that he was serious. There was a plan for his change in demeanor, he wanted Nigel to understand he was serious about Delilah. "And I did want to ask you first if I could take her to the movies, this afternoon," he said, lastly. "There would be no point in asking her before you, to be sure that she could go with Hayden, Nathan, and I. I understand just the two of us, could seem suspicious, so I thought having a group the first date would be something you would be more open to allowing?"

Kate smiled at her, as they walked, as she listened to her, and nodded, "Yes." she said, simply. She fell silent for a moment, before she sighed, "The instinctual link is what most packs know, the ability of an Alpha to link between his or her pack. But the Link we have is a lot different and no other pack we have met has the same kind." she said as she tried to think of how to explain. "Well, I should explain this, in history, that is why you needed to talk to me, right?" She sighed softly as she thought of where to start, and then she spoke, "At the beginning of our race, there were the four-packs, each had an Alpha and each Alpha, was part of what was known then as a Counsel of Alphas. And we lived in isolation until a group of humans mistook a wolf of one of these packs as a normal wolf and shoot them. Killing that one wolf, started a trend in the humans, and the war started. The Alphas moved to their packs being killed and all but one Alpha was killed. Banding the last of those loyal to the Council of Alphas, he created a nameless pack. He was badly wounded in the fight that the Alphas had tried to stop the humans. He was weak and so, this small pack would care for him and to keep him hidden, would only hunt at night, at the light of the moon. This is how we got the name Moonlight, it is the name the pack took on. But some wolves grew tired of waiting for the Alpha to gain strength and moved on to make packs of their own. One pack wanted to still have the alliance with the Alpha and gave a gift. The daughter of the leader of the pack rejoined the Alpha's pack, for a time. She gained the trust of the pack and was thought to be loyal to the Alpha, enough to be alone with him. At that moment, she nearly killed him. It started another war, as her father came to save her life, and he attacked. While the pack was being protected the Alpha told a young wolf that he should kill the Alpha and eat his heart. The Alpha explained to this young wolf, that to save his family, this was the only way. The Alpha was so powerful, that it would still be years before he could be in fighting strength. It was a power that needed to be passed down. So, the young wolf killed his own Alpha and ate his heart, gaining the knowledge, strength, and power from the Alpha. With that act, our pack survived, with the Alpha's leadership and so, to prevent a betrayal within the pack again, the new Alpha decided that he would further the instinct of the wolves. The original Alphas had secrets about our kind that they did not tell anyone because they felt sharing that knowledge would cause chaos within their packs. And it could have." she explained as she stopped, "One night, when the moon was full and the pack was whole, the new Alpha gathered his blood and joined it with all the wolves in the pack's blood. They all gave blood under the moon's shine and the Alpha opened himself and shared the mixture of blood in a ritual that linked them all. As Alpha, he drank first, his second drank next and as all the wolves drank, the ritual sealed them all together." she smiled as she looked at Claire, "Creating a link like no other, an open link, allowing all the wolves to feel and see, hear and think together as one. But leaving the Alpha the one lasting power to control every wolf under his command. A power that has been abused and respected throughout our history. But it is the link we all share now." she chuckled, "One you will experience. When you are a pup, it is like an open world, and being without it, knowing others do not have it, is like watching a fish struggle to breathe. You gave pity and sadness, but you would never want to share in that experience. You learn to control it, open yourself to who you want, and closeout others, it is hard at first, but as you grow, you get stronger and it becomes easier and easier until all you know is control. That is what we did, York told me that you were coming, I used his eyes to know what you looked like. I let him know where we were and how to find us. I showed him what I was doing and let him know why. It is how we have so much trust in each other and know the peace of the family, with all our pack members. When you can be welcomed into this link then you will understand how it feels. Right now, there are so many wolves curious about you, watching you through my eyes, they have so many feelings, they think so much, but they want to trust. And some want to kill you, they think you are dangerous." she giggled a little as she looked at Claire, "Less of them want to kill you. We all still have our own thoughts and beliefs, but our link with each other can be so open or we can close it off." She sighed as she started to walk again, "Come. We should go to the highest peak, it will be better to talk up there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back