• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

Matreania

Expect the unexpected, it expects you
Ban panted a little as he can to a stop, his backpack settled behind him and he was at the gate now. He stopped as she turned to the man beside him, his father. Alec looked at his watch when he smirked before he turned to his son. "22 minutes and 42 seconds." he said proudly, as he nodded to his son. "You keep this up and Boot Camp will come with ease for you." he assured Ban. That was the plan, BAn would be a military man, like his father, grandfather, and even his mother. The wars that they had seen were going to be easier for Ban to face. He has trained and ready to face anything. At least that was what he had been training to be.

Ban nodded, "I will." he promised. Ban was loyal t his father's plan, his mother was not happy about it. But as long as Ban accepted it, she wouldn't stand in the way. Ban turned to look at the school, this was the first time he would be going to a school off base. A non-military academy school. This was going to be an interesting place for him, considering that he was used to the way his life was. But his parents were starting at a new base and that meant that they had been moved to a base so small, the school was nearly non-existent. So, their parents decided to bring them here, and that is why he was there. They lived about 3 miles away and Ban was told to run to school within the 25-minute window, his father gave him. It was an order that Ban was more than used to.

"Your mother will be back in two days, I expect you will handle things." His father started as Ban turned back to him. Ban stood straight, his hands by his side and his posture at attention. This was the way he was taught to stand and t became second nature to him.

"Yes, sir. I will make sure that everything is in order, for when she does." Ban assured his father, he knew what was expected of him.

"Schedule?" his father ordered, it was his way to make his son tell him, to make sure he understood.

"Wake up at 0400, morning exercise and breakfast, make sure that Kael and the twins make it to the bus on time and ready to learn, 3 miles run to school, pay attention in class, home by 1600, homework is done by 1700, dinner at 1800 and make sure that everyone is in bed by 2100 every school night and 2300 on weekends. At 2200, on weekends, exercise drill for Ja, Jo, and Kael." Ban said, listing everything that was expected to happen and what his father wanted to be sure happened. It was the same every day and the only change was the free time activities that they had. When they were alone, they were free to do as they wanted. When their mother was around, she wanted family time, but they were free to do as they wanted sometimes. But when they had their father around, drills, training, and studies were the only thing that they could do, but their father was with them.

"Good. Math?" his father stated.

"Mrs. Clark, 47, 5'8", brown hair with an average grade of 78, throughout her schooling. She has no children, a fiance, and a cat." Ban stated. He had made sure to learn everything he could, because knowledge was the only way to win, as his father taught him.

Alec smirked, "Good." he nodded as he sighed, "There is a lot of people, stick close to home and make sure you know what you are up against."

"Understood." Ban stated before he turned to the school, it was about time to make sure that he was ready, "Father?" he asked, getting his father's attention.

"Yes?" Alec answered as he watched his son, Ban looked at the school a bit longer, before turning to his father again.

"What should I do about the unknowns?" Ban asked, "If I learn everything, won't that make everyone curious about my history?"

Alec grinned, "Plan H12." he explained and Ban nodded, understanding that Alec was telling him, that he had to make sure they didn't find out. Which meant that he shouldn't use any information against them and should avoid talking about himself, as much as possible. Ban figured that would be easy enough since he didn't really talk much to everyone else.

"Understood. Ban said, as he stood in attention and waited.

"Go. And be sure to remember, we have a plan." Alec stated, Ban nodded as he moved towards the school, and away from his father. By the time he turned back, Alec had already started his run back home.

Delilah sighed, as she moved through the courtyard, to find Hayden. It wasn't long for that, but with the school year starting, it was crowded in the yard. She pushed through everyone to get to Hayden and sighed when she finally did, "Geez, you would think that some of these people forgot they had feet." she sighed when she reached Hayden. She smirked, at her best friend, "You know, next time, let's meet at the front gate. Then we can push the crowd around." she teased. She wasn't the type to hate people, but when people did stupid things, like stand in a courtyard, instead of going to the cafe, she got annoyed. "Anyway, "I heard you spent some time with a Junior, how very daring. I think you are starting to step out of that shell of yours." she chuckled, as she joked. Hayden wasn't shy, to the point that she didn't speak to new people, but she was reserved from conversations, she read the room in a way before she spoke. But Delilah, speaks her mind, and worries about the consequences when they come. She was a wild child, in that sense, and it made most parents want their children to stay away from him. But Hayden's mom understood, Delilah just couldn't hold it back or think first, as it was said. She was an honest person and spoke without thinking, but she never meant it in a mean way. After all, Delilah had always stated, that she doesn't insult, she speaks the truth.

It was the first meeting, Michale sighed as he and Christopher, stood outside the door with another wolf. They didn't know her but were sure that she was probably who they were there for. It wasn't completely out of the way, the Alpha Meeting Hall was just at the edge of a mountain, that the town wasn't facing. They live in a mountain town and their pack was one of the most feared because of their alliance with the witches. But their father, Garrett, was in a meeting, which he called them to meet him at. Garrett was working on a pack-to-pack alliance. Normally the one calling for the alliance gives a gift, but because the Moonlight Pack was much stronger, they would be receiving the gift instead of the one that is being requested. It was a power thing.

It wasn't long, before the door open, Garrett motioned his sons to enter, "You need to watch this." he stated. It was an important thing to learn, when you were Alpha, to be able to make alliances. Joining the packs was a smart move for any Alpha, but it was not something that was done often or easily. Too many egos in one room were never good. Not to mention, even though most packs believed that they should all be allied together, too many captains trying to lead each other. It was chaos and that was why the pack-to-pack meetings were so important. That was why Garrett wanted his sons there. "You were saying?" Garrett started to the Alpha as if he had interrupted the wolf in mid-sentence. Garrett was powerful, a lot more than most because he was the first of his line to become Alpha in a long time. As a young wolf, he challenged his Alpha and won. Drinking the blood of the Alpha, made a wolf powerful as the Alpha. But killing on and eating their meat, not only made your power as an Alpha but made you Alpha. So, that was how he became Alpha, and why he was feared for it. It wasn't just the rough edges he had, but the fact that he was powerful enough to take on an Alpha before he was an Alpha.

Hayden sat atop one of the picnic tables in the courtyard, sunning herself as she waited for Delilah. She smiled in amusement as she watched her best friend push through the crowd from atop her little perch. She liked this spot. She could see everyone better from the slight height it gave her. And it gave her a little bit of space in the sea of chattering students. She laughed some once Deliliah reached her and bumped her shoulder against her friend's. "Just think, when we go inside we get to push our way through those same people in a much more confined space." She said with mock cheeriness. Smirking as Delilah mentioned they could have pushed through the crowd together. Delilah was just like that and it was just one of the many things Hayden loved about her. She leaned back a little, arching an eyebrow at Delilah's comment about her hanging out with a Junior, and then snorted.
"Oh you know, the start of a new chapter and all that crap, I figured I needed to become a little more daring." She teased. Then she shook her head a little. "His sister and my brother are friends, we were bound to run in the same circles at some point." She added. She had heard about Nathan even in middle school. He was popular, everyone liked him, and he seemed to be quite the athlete from what she had heard. She felt herself become a little shyer around him, but the more she had seen him over that summer, the more comfortable she had become with him. She let out a deep sigh as the first warning bell sounded and looked over to Delilah. They still had time, but it was to let students know they needed to start making their way inside.
"Well, shall we make our way inside? We can even shove some people aside if it makes you happy." She teased, again playfully bumping her shoulder against her friend's.

Nathan stood inside the main gates to the school, on the outskirts of the crowded courtyard. He was supposed to be meeting with a new student. Ban Shaffer or something like that if he remembered correctly. Nathan had been asked to act as the new student's guide to the school, help show him the ropes, and get him acquainted with the new place. Whether the new student liked it or not it was a mandatory thing he had to do on his first week. Nathan didn't mind the task. He would also be there to help the new kid out as he adjusted should he need it and to act as a friend. Nathan didn't mind that either. He tried to be friendly to everyone. He didn't see a point in being a jerk, and having a little sister who was as shy as his own was, he was conscious of how careless actions and words could affect others. So he tried to be kind to everyone.
Now then...where was this student? When Nathan saw someone who looked about his age entering the gates, Nathan offered a smile. That had to be him.

"Ban?" He called out. He approached him. "I'm Nathan, though you can call me Nate. I'm your mandatory guide to the school." He said with a friendly smile, holding out his hand to Ban.

Claire had traveled with Alpha Richard McKay to the Moonlight pack as he made final arrangements with Alpha Garrett. She had remained silent during the trip, uncertain of what her new life was to bring. She had heard stories about the Moonlight pack. She would have had to live under a rock to not know who they were or what their power was. She had put on a brave face and dutifully agreed, but there was a small part of her that was frightened. What would the pack do to her? Would they accept her? All of that she put aside, pushing down her emotions, and hiding them away as she entered the meeting hall with her Alpha. She was instructed to wait out in the hall until otherwise told. So she did, tensing a little when two wolves joined her out in the hall not much later. She looked to them briefly, recognized their scents being similar to that of the alpha inside, and quickly averted her gaze. She was not timid, but she was expected to be respectful, and in her own pack, staring opening at the Alpha born would have earned her a slap upside the head. When they were called inside, Claire looked up again, but her Alpha shook his head a little. They weren't ready for her, not yet.

Alpha Richard McKay did not care for the way that Garrett treated him, it probably bothered him more because the Moonlight Alpha was almost two-decades his junior. However, he was not stupid. The Moonlight pack was powerful and a force to be feared. Richard knew that this alliance was needed more than anything to help save his own pack. It was why he had brought Claire, to offer her as the alliance gift. From what he had seen of her and what he knew of her parents, he knew she would be a perfect choice.
He held in his growl when Garrett had interrupted him to call in his sons and then offered a respectful bow of his head to the two younger males. He returned his attention to Garrett and resumed what he had been saying.

"I was merely thanking you Alpha Daniels for accepting our request to a treaty. I understand that our circumstances are unconventional, but I do hope they will result in a sturdy alliance between our packs. I brought a female from my pack, her father is one of my top lieutenants and highly respected among my people." On cue, Claire entered the room, bowing her head to Alpha Garrett, and then she took up her place to Richard's left and slightly behind him. She stood quietly, lifting her gaze to the males in the room, working hard to keep her heart beat normal. "This is Claire Hart. She is a pride to our pack, and I would like to offer her as a potential mate to your son. An alliance through mates and through marriage is a strong one." He explained. It was not an uncommon way for alliances to be made, and Claire knew the likelihood of Richard's offer being accepted was high if both Alphas were serious about this alliance. She was the first daughter of the top three wolves in her pack. Neither Richard nor his Beta had any heirs, and so she was first in line to be bargained with.

Delilah smirked at Hayden as she wanted shoving others around, she chuckled, "How about that? Someone has some confidence." she teased as she nodded. She moved away from Hayden, "Come on, Hayden." she said as she started to make her way through the crowd. She didn't moved through the crowd too far from Hayden, just in case, she needed some help. She was not really too focused on anyone, but when it came to Hayden, she felt like sometimes she had to be the one that stepped in. "If we are late for class, I swear that I am going to make you pay." she sung. It was a playful threat that she meant to be serious.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ban paused as he was meet by another student, a guy that introduced himself as Nathan. He stopped in his steps, at attention as he always did as he looked at the guy. There was a lot that he was expecting, his father had made sure of it, but this Nathan guy was strangle happy to see him. Ban nodded, "Ban Shaffer." he said as he took Nathan's hand and shook it. "Nathan Freling? I see." he said, more to himself then to Nathan. He smirked to Nathan, "You can call me Shaffer." he said as he started to pass Nate and head to the inside of the school. He didn't really say anything else, as he did. He figured that someone would have to guide him through the school. But he had been trained to always know his surroundings and he didn't really need the help. But he wasn't going to tell him that.

Garrett glanced to Michel, as Richard spoke and nodded, "What do you think?" he asked his son, Michael only nodded as Garrett smirked, turning to the Alpha. "Marriage is a strong bond, but for the time...." he paused, as he smelled it.

Calvin entered shortly after Garrett turned to the door, with Jeremy beside him, "Sorry for the miss." Calvin stated as he moved towards Garrett. "But I have caught up." he said as he stopped, to turn to the Alpha, "Alpha McKay, I see you brought a guest with you."

"A gift." Garrett corrected with a smirked, "For my son, Michael." he pointed out as he then turned to the other Alpha. "As you know, each wolf in my region is connected to a witch. This is Calvin Shaffer, my witch, the Head of the Coven. And his son, Jeremy, much like Christopher, Jeremy will be the next Head of the Coven" Garrett introduced them to the Alpha.

"Nice to see you." Jeremy stated to the Alpha and Claire, "We look forward to the details of the treaty." he added on as he moved towards Christopher, between Chris and Michael. As Calvin moved beside Garrett, with a small grin. Calvin understood being nice to the Alpha was pointless. No wolf cared to speak with a witch, so he doubt that the Alpha would care what he had to say.

"Continue." Calvin stated to Garrett, as Garrett looked at Calvin with a small grin before he turned back to the Alpha.

"So, you will have a handful of my wolves in your pack, under my command, to make sure that all know that you are protected by me and my pack. While you rebuild your strength. While in return you will open your packs resources to us. The thing that makes your pack worth destroying." Garret clarified, "Well, you are rebuilding, you are welcome to the town, for visits, obviously."

"Wait." Calvin stated, "In your visits, you understand how this town works. You might be joining forces with the Moonlight, but the Coven is in charged of the town. Entering the town, you might be protected, but you will be expected to stay in line." he added, "The Coven and Pack have an understanding, war is not an option here. To ally with the Pack, you do understand this? Because if not, no gift of yours will welcome any further opening for discussion."

Garrett sighed, nodded, "Calvin is correct. In this town, the pack has the land but the town is Coven ruled. This treaty is to help us both, you to rebuild your power and my pack to have access to the resource your pack is hunted for. But that means you understand that with the Packs help you must obey the treaties we have in place, even with the Coven."

Hayden laughed at Delilah's sung threat and shook her head a little. Luckily for her, they arrived to class on time...though barely. It had taken some shoving and growling at a few students who refused to move out of the way. Deciding that they wanted to sit right in the middle of the hallway and in the way of everyone else who wanted to get to class on time. Once in their classroom, Hayden gave Delilah a playful, almost triumphant grin and then moved to find her seat. Sure, it had been all Delilah getting them through, but they weren't late because of Hayden at least.

The first half of the day went by rather quick for Hayden. She didn't mind the first days of classes because things were relatively easy and laid back. regardless she was excited for the free time lunch offered for her to be able to meet back up with Delilah.

Nathan raised an eyebrow as Ban just walked past, but then shrugged and smirked as he followed him inside. He wasn't bothered. He'd met plenty of new students who loved having someone around them as they navigated their first days and he'd seen others who absolutely hated having to be chaperoned. It was school rules for that first day to ensure the new students got everywhere on time. Part of why Nathan had been assigned was because he and Ban had nearly all the same classes. He followed him to their first class, curious as Ban seemed able to navigate through the school with relative ease.

By lunch hour, he caught up with Ban again. He had a few fliers for sports tryouts throughout the school year as well as tryouts for various other groups and information for the various clubs. From what he'd observed of Ban so far, the guy would find the resources for things if he wanted...he'd also quickly figured out that Ban did not care to have him as a chaperone, and he couldn't say he blamed him...he also chose not to take it to heart.
"Hey Shaffer. I have some resources the front office wanted me to pass along to you for extra curriculars. No problem if you're not interested but it wouldn't hurt to look at them at least. I have to go drop something off, but we can eat in the cafeteria if you want." He offered. He wasn't overly optimistic about Ban liking the idea of eating with him. First, he had to go find Hayden though. He could have waited for the end of the day, but at lunch he'd at least know where to find her. Her brother had left some things last time he hung out with Nathan's sister and he wanted to return it to her.

When Calvin and Jeremy entered the meeting hall, Richard tensed. Even Claire tensed, though it was more in reaction to her Alpha. She looked over to the two witches, her eyes widening a little. Not out of fear though, just out of curiosity. She'd never been this close to a live witch before. She could sense their power, or at least that it was a different power than her own or any other wolf. Her attention turned to Jeremy as he addressed him, and she bowed her head in respectful acknowledgment.

Her gaze then flicked up to her Alpha as Garrett reminded him that part of this alliance meant getting along with the witches in this town. She could see him mulling over everything. She felt a sudden burst of annoyance towards her Alpha. Why was he taking so long to think over this? He had known the important negotiation details before hand and their pack could not afford to lose this alliance. She balled her hands into fists, digging her nails into her palms, being careful not to draw blood though and as a result the attention of all the wolves present who would smell that blood. Her role was simply to be a silent, obedient gift, but her family was at risk if Richard did not go through with this and she did not want that to happen. Especially to her little sister. She had seen what happened to weak packs, had seen how they'd been torn to shreds. She never wanted her sister to be afraid of that happening.

Finally, after what felt like far too long of a time, Richard replied.
"I understand. As I mentioned at our last meeting, I do agree to those terms. I understand that our resources will be shared with your pack in return for protection and...I understand that we will have to follow the rules of the coven and respect them." He ground out. He didn't anticipate any of his pack coming to this town unless he had business here. If they were allied that would happen on more occasions. He supposed it was possible Claire's family may come to visit her, but he didn't anticipate that creating an issue.
"We are in agreement Alpha Garrett. Our resources and Claire in return for your protection. My pack will respect the authority of the coven here." He assured Garrett. He didn't like the witches, but he was not stupid. This alliance was far too important to let something like that be an issue.
"Do we have a deal?" He asked. Claire swallowed hard, relieved by her Alpha's reply. She looked over to Alpha Garrett, then Calvin and Jeremy, and then finally to Chris and Michael, remaining absolutely still as she waited for the reply.

Delilah sighed as she looked around, until she spotted Hayden, she smirked, "You wouldn't believe how many warnings I have gotten to behave.." she chuckled, "I think this is a new record." She had always been told to behave by her parents, they even made her work in the convenience store, to teach her responsibility. But it was always amusing when she listened to others tell her to behave, just because of her reputation. It was like getting a gold star for being a troublemaker, she was proud of it, after all, it was something that set her a part from the rest of this town. It got her one step closer to actually being able to leave this small town behind. "So, how was your classes?" she asked Hayden curiously.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ban looked at the fliers he was being handed for a moment before he took them. Going through them he sighed, "I am registered for Athletics, already." he stated. He wasn't sure what sport yet, but he already knew that he wanted to play Soccer, Basketball, and Baseball It fit with keeping fit and making sure that he kept up with his father's plan. That was what was important to him, school was just a motion to get through, to start off. At Nathan's offer he nodded, "Okay." he said, it would give him a chance to study Nathan a bit, get more information on the school and gather the intel his father expected of him. "Lead the way." he said as he thought of what questions to ask, to make sure that he didn't seem too out of place. This was his first civi school, he had always been part of a military school, so he was used to being more stiff, as his brother called him, than most people.

Garrett smirked as he turned to Calvin, Calvin's eyebrow raised slightly in interest before he glanced to Garrett with a nod. He understood that Garrett had the final say, but Calvin also had to agree to the arrangement. Garrett turned back to Richard and nodded, "Looks that way. It'll only sting for a moment, don't worry." he explained without much detail. If there was anything about the meeting that Garrett was amused with, it was to make sure that the pack he was creating a treaty knew, that he was Alpha, not just of his pack, but in general. He was younger than some of the Alphas he had faces, but each time he deaminated, because he was stronger and he was never afraid to make that known.

Calvin sighed, as he glanced to Jeremy, with a nod. Jeremy obeyed, the moment his father commanded it, his hand raised an snapped, his magic branding both wolves in different places. "This brand will allow the Moonlight Pack and the Midnight Coven to identify you as allies. But you can think of it as a cure too, you have heard of the Grimwell Pack, I am sure. They made a treaty with us and than planned an attack on this town. The Moonlight Pack and my coven became aware when they came to do recon. We made sure they never left this town, while the Moonlight dealt with the remaining of the pack. So, this is your only warning, that make will tell us the moment you become a threat or try to think of a way to harm this town. I am sure being Alpha you are wiser than that, but the last Alpha we allowed in our town, thought he could break the pack and coven bond we have built for centuries. You won't be the first to try and I doubt you will be the last. Best to not test it out." Calvin warned, in a melo tone, as if the warning wasn't threatening for them at all.

Jeremy explained, "I branded you both and any blood connected to you, as well as anyone they are near. You pack should have the brand before you get there." he didn't say much after that. It was not his place, he was there to do as his father said and to listen to the way he was to assist the Alpha when it was his turn to head the coven. And that is what he was going to focus on, nothing more.

Garrett smirked, "Now that it is official, I gladly accept your gift and offer one of my own, to ensure that you don't misunderstand this as a mistrust." he said before he glanced to the door, it opened as a group of wolves came rushing through. They moved around the room and Garrett smiled, "20 of my trusted pack wolves, I will send them with you and we will start protecting your pack the moment they ensure your safe arrival back to it. A few are young, but very strong, so I felt it was important to send them, to make sure you got to your pack in one piece, in case Claire was all you brought with you. We can't have a war started, because you didn't make it home in one piece and your pack can't afford the lose. These wolves will make sure to deliver the resources from your pack to mine, each month, until you are back to your full strength." he explained as the wolves moved to surround Alpha Richard, pushing Claire one by one, away from him. "Christopher, you and Michael take Claire to her new home. An Alpha sudden be away from his pack for too long and Alpha Richard should have his pack protected as soon as possible." Garrett smiled, he had plans for the resources from this pack, but more importantly, he had plans for the land that they had. It was not too far from town, but Alpha Richard, had land that covered the east of the Moonlight Pack, a vantage point. While the Grimwell had the north side. Garrett planned on getting rid of them all at once, but taking over the land of the Grimwell was justified and easy, when they planned to threaten his pack, so it made it easier for him to gain the acceptance of other Alphas from dealing with them. He had planned on making the treaties first, before unleashing the wolves he went to each one and killing the pack off. But this was a lot easier, when he had more wolves to spread out than he originally planned, and the smile in his eyes was genuine. He didn't tell his sons the plan, because they didn't understand what it was like to be Alpha, they wouldn't understand why he had planned it this way and if they did, he doubt they would have the patience to pull it off. Michael was too soft hearted, Christopher was too attached to the family to allow anyone to be threatened, which was what this plan was, a threat. If they missed one step, the Moonlight Pack could be in danger and Calvin was not going to back them up on this, it was a Wolf Matter.

Hayden looked up from the book she was reading and smiled immediately at seeing Delilah, letting out a breathy chuckle at her friend's words. "Well, you always did have a knack for that...and now we're freshman, they just don't know you yet...." She tapped her finger to her chin in mock thought. "I wonder if those warnings will increase or decrease the more the teachers get to know you...?" She hummed thoughtfully, teasing Delilah, and then broke out into another grin. She shrugged a little in response to the question.
"I mean...it's school. I do like my history class and biology so those are two good ones. Can't say I'm looking forward to math later." She said with a laugh.

Nathan nodded. "Well, soccer tryouts are soon. The season doesn't start for a bit, but the coach likes to get the team figured out and have us start pre-training." He warned Ban. "I think football tryouts were before the semester started....not so sure about some of the others but it should all be in there." He gestured to the fliers and he walked with Ban to the cafeteria. He offered smiles and words of hello to some of the students passing by. He had actually been surprised when Ban had agreed to come to eat with him, but he was glad for it. Maybe he was just being humored, but he didn't mind.
Once they reached the cafeteria he stopped and looked around a moment, his eyes narrowing slightly in thought as if that would help him spot whoever he was looking for. Suddenly he caught sight of Hayden and Delilah and smirked. The pair were smiling and Hayden laughed at something Delilah said before responding. He looked to Ban a little and then walked towards the two girls.

Hayden stopped whatever she was saying as she saw them approaching, tilting her head a little when she saw someone she didn't recognize trailing behind Nathan. She avoided looking to Delilah. After her friend had teased her about hanging out with an upper-classman and gave Nathan a shy smile. She was actually very genuinely surprised that he was approaching them at school. Their siblings might be friends, but that didn't mean they were going to run in the same circles while at school. He must have noticed her confusion and offered a smile.

"Logan left some stuff when he hung out with Emily last week, I wanted to make sure he got it back." He explained as he handed over a small bag with art supplies in it.

"Oh! Thank you! He was wondering where some of this went." She said as she looked in the bag. She smiled brightly as she looked to Nathan. "Thank you." She added, a very faint blush covering her cheeks. Why did she still get flustered around him? He was nice, it wasn't like she had any reason to be nervous around him.

"No problem." Nathan looked to Delilah and smiled some. "Hey...oh I should introduce all of you. Ladies, this is Ban Shaffer, Ban this is Hayden and Delilah. They're freshman here so you may not see them around as often." He said. The classes for juniors and freshman were in different areas at different time and really it was just lunch where there was overlap with the exception of a few classes - like gym, art, and music - and some of the extra curriculars. Hayden gave Ban a shy wave and smile in greeting, but her attention turned to Delilah. She was always curious how her best friend intereacted with people who didn't know her. She wished she had been there for some of the classes where her teachers were meeting her for the first time.

Alpha Richard frowned a little at the metion of something about to sting. He tensed when Jeremy raised his hand and growled a little when the felt the sting of the spell. It didn't hurt per say, it was more just the surprise of having magic performed on him that caused him to growl. He did not like this. He didn't like the use of witch magic or the alliance with a coven. If his pack were not so desperate, he would never have approached the Moonlight pack. He wasn't stupid either though and knew that for the survival of his own pack, this was the only course of action.

He remained tense even as Garrett's wolves surrounded him. He let out a low warning growl to one who had gotten to close to him, and then turned his attention back to Garrett. Claire had moved to the side of the room, no longer fully a part of Richard's pack as she had been pushed away from him, but not quite feeling a part of Garrett's pack yet.
"I thank you for your consideration Alpha Garrett. I will return to my pack as soon as this meeting is finished. Should Claire become...unsatisfactory," He turned his gaze to her. She stiffened, standing straight, her expression unreadable. "Then please let me know, she will be punished and we will ensure a better match is sent." He added as he looked back to Garrett.

"Is there anything else we need to discuss?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. He did not wish to stay any longer than he had to. He wasn't even sure he trusted the wolves who were to be sent with him, but he'd rather chance them away from Moonlight than remain much longer among the pack and coven.

Delilah has paused when Hayden had stopped what she was doing and curl back into her shy self. It was an amusing sight, always reminded Delilah that Hayden was not exactly like her. As she turned to see who made Hayden like her, Nathan had already reached them and started to talk. She watched them closely and grinned, making a not at the slight pink tint that flushed Hayden's cheeks and the way her shy smile formed. When her attention was taken by Nathan. He was introducing them to the new guy, Ban Shaffer, who she had hardly even noticed, the way he seem to hang just off the edge of their little group. It made the mischievous smirk come out of Delilah as she approached him,"Ban, huh? That's a strange name, but I guesswhen you are a shadow you get to have a strange name and no one even notices." she teased. Even if it was the first time that they met, Delilah had a habit of speaking her mind and saying things, just to see how people would react. She looked him up and down to get a feel of him.

"Delilah Rein and Hayden Kritikos." Ban said as if shooting back a remake. But it caught Delilah's attention.

"How do you know our last names?" Delilah asked, there were titles when talking about Delilah, but Hayden didn't have it in her to be a troublemaker, like Delilah, so not many people knew her name.

"Delilah has a reputation for causing hell, and Hayden has a secret, no one knows. Makes people curious, how good meets trouble and sticks together. But I have an idea." Ban stated, as if in a match with Delilah, "You seem like the type that likes to surprise people, I am not easily surprised." he stated.

Delilah glared at him, then calmed her face and smiled, an idea had already gotten into her head, "An Alpha in a pack of sheep." she said. As she stepped back, she crossed her arms, "Well, are you too grand to say Hello, Nathan is the king of the school and he doesn't have your ego. Makes you wonder." she moved to seat with Hayden, as if protecting her, as she always did, "What is your secret."

Ban sighed, "Nice to meet you." he said, brushing off Delilah's comment. He had a few things that no one was supposed to know, but the fact that he did his research wasn't one of them. Better everyone thinks they have to hide from you, than everyone trying to be your friend when you are trying to gather intel. There was nothing worse than hundreds of eyes on you when you are trying to get everything you can from others about them.

Garrett smirked, "Go. We are done." He said as he motioned for the wolves to last the wolf alpha along.

Christopher lead the way, as Michael walked beside Claire. He looked to Claire, "My father has arranged for us to stay at a separate location. That way we can get a chance to get to know each other." He stated as they followed Christopher. They were going to take her to part of the building for her to change and get into something that smelled more like their pack. Than they were going to take her to the place that she would sharewith Michael.

Hayden's attention was quickly pulled from Nathan as Delilah interacted with Ban. An amused smirk settling itself onto her lips. She always enjoyed watching Delilah work and enjoyed watching how people reacted. She glanced to Nathan who rolled his eyes a little but seemed equally as amused to watch the scene unfold. Then she returned her attention to Ban and Delilah's exchange. When he said their last names she started, and when he mentioned she had a secret she went utterly still, her smile immediately falling away. She made sure to give nothing away and she listened carefully now to what the pair said. Nathan glanced to her with the thought of sharing a knowing smile at how Delilah was behaving and being equally amused that she seemed to have met her match in Ban, but frowned when he saw she was no longer smiling. He knew something had happened to her before she and her family came to this town, he had picked up little pieces from when her brother spent time with his sister, but he had never asked about it, he hadn't felt it was his place to...even if he had been curious. Now was still not the time though and he put on that smile once more as he looked to Ban and Delilah. Hayden didn't move even as Delilah sat next to her, just kept her gaze on Ban. How did he even know her name? She was a nobody and she liked to keep it that way. Merely Delilah's shadow, there but often unseen.

"Well...this was an...enlighting interaction. We'll catch you, ladies, later, let you get back to lunch." He said, clapping his hands together to try to get their attention. He was amused, but he wasn't sure he wanted to see where this would go between Ban and Delilah. She had indeed met her match it would seem, but maybe that could be saved for another time.
"Shaffer, you want to go get some food in before our lunch period ends?" He offered.

While Claire was still nervous around her new pack...her future husband...she had noticeably relaxed once Richard had left. She walked beside Michael, looking over to him as he spoke to her. She nodded her understanding, a brief moment of nervousness coursing through her at the mention of them having their own place. It was logical, after all they were both of age and it would be important for them to become acquainted as quickly as possible.
"That sounds like an excellent idea." She said, offering a tentative smile. She was grateful for the chance to change and did so quickly. She would still attract attention from the other wolves in town, but having the scent of the pack in her clothes would be of help...though she was curious if she would even be able to enter the town at first once she and Michael were sent away? She wasn't sure, though she knew she would find out soon.

Once she had dressed she met back up with Michael and Christopher. She really did look forward to a chance to get to know Michael. She was nervous too though. She had heard the stories about Garrett and she wasn't so sure if his sons would be the same. She wasn't sure how she would handle that if they were...but she knew she would have to learn how.
"I am ready. Just let me know what you require of me." She said.

Ban turned to Nathan with a nod, as Delilah glared at him before he moved to follow Nathan's lead. Ban had figured that the mention of secrets would make Delilah flock back to Hayden's side. It was a pattern he had learned about those pair. They held close together, Delilah did it as a way to protect Hayden, while Hayden did it to keep that secret under wraps. Because Delilah wouldn't allow anyone to hurt those she cared about. He let too much out, for a first meeting, but he didn't have a choice. Delilah would never prove his point if he hadn't opened a crack of what he knew. But that also meant that he had to be careful, if so many people figured out what Delilah obviously did, he would not be so welcomed with information.

Delilah sighed, as she called out to Ban, "Careful, Military Brat." she said and watched as Ban didn't react before she glared at him for another moment before she started to smirk. She turned around in the table, beside Hayden and took Hayden's hand. "Don't worry about him, Hayden. I have a plan." she assured her. There was no way that she was going to be able to face him head-on, but she was going to give him a choice and that was going to end any concern about if he really knew the trust and whether he would keep it to himself. Delilah had made sure no one in the school knew and told no one. So, Ban was a lot smarter than most of this town or the only one that would say anything. Delilah couldn't take the chance that he was going to keep Hayden's secret, or if he really knew. So she smiled at Hayden, "We should eat." she was carefree at the moment, she was confident in her choice, "Before they take all the good food."

Christopher nodded, as he looked to Michael, "I have to go. Oli is coming back in the morning with Cass. Mother wants me to be sure to be with them. Cass wants to meet your new..." he tried to think of how to say it but decided to use the Alpha's words, "gift. Best to do it in town. At the cafe."

Michael nodded, "Yeah. The last place she would do anything." he commented, the truth was, Cass was the oldest of them both, the strongest and the most unstable. She had ideas in her mind that made them wonder sometimes if she had the wolf instinct to protect and be loyal to your family and pack. But she was their family in the end and they did. Christopher loved her because they were twins, so it was not a concern to him if he was around her, but anyone else, he was on his guard. He believed Cass would never harm Olivia because she was Christopher's mate. But Michael's gift....he was almost sure that the wrong trigger could cause Cass to be aggressive.

Chris nodded then turn to Claire, "I will see you." he said before he started to walk away.

Michael sighed as she motioned her to follow him, "Come on, we should get some rest. Meeting Cass is going to be a challenge and we should talk about does and don't. Best to be prepared." he advised as he lead the way, away from the direction Chris just took.

Hayden watched Ban go until Delilah took her hand. Her curiosity had been piqued about the new student who seemed to know so much about her and Delilah both, and this supposed plan that her friend mentioned. Her family had made it a point to run from their old life, from the horrors that her father had done to them and attempted to run from the nightmares. Hayden's still followed her, though less frequent in recent years. But she still reacted to things that triggered those memories. How many hospital visits? How many times had the police been called to their ramshackle home? Logan had been kept out of harm's way at least, that was all her mother and she had tried to do. She shook her head a little and gave Delilah a mischievous grin.

"Good. I would love to see what you have planned. Let me know how I can help also." She said, pushing down every one of those memories and making sure her mind was in the present. She got up with Hayden and followed her over to get in line for their lunch, making sure her brother's things were tucked away safely as they got up. They resumed easy conversation, and before too long they were smiling again as they chatted.

Nathan glanced to Delilah and Hayden after taking a seat with Ban, and was relieved to see both of them smiling. He turned his attention to Ban then, tilting his head a little in curiosity. He wanted to ask how Ban had seemed to know what he did about the two girls. Was curious about what he knew about himself. He hesitated, then decided - for now - it wasn't the time to ask.

At the end of the school day, Hayden was quick to find Delilah. "Do you want to come over today? My mom is working late and I think Logan has art club for a couple of hours so it would be just us." She offered, linking her arm with Delilah.

Nathan had his last class of the day, like most of his classes, with Ban. As they left at the last bell, he looked over to the new student. "Do you have any questions about the school or classes or anything so far?" He asked, genuinely curious, though he was fairly certain he knew the answer already. "I mean I guess you have my contact information if anything comes up, but still figure I should check." He added.

Claire listened quietly to the two males, tilting her head in slight curiosity. She knew she would be meeting the two new wolves they had talked about, but they seemed more hesitant about...Cass was it? She waved to Christopher as he walked away.
"See you later." She said. Then she looked over to Michael as they started in the opposite direction. She didn't particularly care to keep being called the 'gift' but she wasn't sure what else she was either. She wouldn't complain of course, it was such a minor thing, why would she bother?
"Who are Oli and Cass? Why do I need to be so prepared to meet Cass?" She asked, genuinely curious. She wasn't trying to be rude, and she didn't think he would take it that way, but until she knew and understood all of them better, she knew to be a little more cautious.

Delilah smirked at Hayden, "I actually have to put my plan on moron, before Ban has to go. But if I can do the milk run again, I'll stop by. You know my parents hate letting me out of their sight." She said, the truth was, She rarely was able to leavethe store after school, unless it was to Hayden's house. It was an annoying fact, but it meant that she couldn't cause trouble. And that was what she really was good at, sometimes even without meaning to. "I'll try to get to your place any way I can, but I will see you later." She said as she started to go and find Ban, which was easy enough. After all, Nathan attracted the female eye. And Ban was definitely not someone that could be overlooked.

Ban looked at Nathan for a moment, before she shook his head. "No. I have no questions." He simply stated. Ban had made the soccer varsity without an issue in athletics and had spent the rest of class working out his baseball and soccer schedule with the coaches. He spent his last class in silence and noticing a few little things to add to the information he already had on his science teacher and a few of the student. Now, he just wanted to make it home so that he can make sure the twins started their homework and Kael was home.

Ban was about to dismiss himself, when Delilah stepped in his path with a smirk, "We need to talk." She demanded more than stated, even if it sounded like she was stating it. Ban raised an eyebrow, he was sure that she would want to talk, but this soon was just a little impatient.

"I have 15 minutes." Ban stated befire turning to Nathan, "Thanks." Was all he said, to be nice. His father said not to burn bridged and he didn't. He did manage to catch attention, but he was never ride enough to be passed off as an enemy by anyone without meaning to.

Delilah smirked, This won't take long, as long as you aren't stubborn." She assured him.

Michael gave her a half smirk, "Oli is my soon to be sister in law. She is his mate, which is why you were given to me instead of him. Cass is my sister. My oldest sibling, Christopher's older twin. She is a very....unique wolf. One that can be more of a threat than a friend, if the wrong thing is said or done." He explained as he lead the way.

He didn't want to explain that the way they would have to be would be the only way she would survive her first meeting with Cass. Cassandra was Christopher's twin and first best friend, so Michael couldn't stop her if he wanted to if she decided to kill Claire. But he wasn't sure how she would be when Cass meet Claire, so it was the only way he could explain his older sister.

Hayden smirked and nodded. "Sounds like a plan, maybe I can make a store run." Hayden offered. The less trouble Delilah got into, she knew the happier her parents would be. Hayden wasn't sure Delilah knew how to stay out of trouble regardless. Normally, she would go by the middle school to pick up Logan and walk home with him. But since he had his art club she would go home alone and Logan would take the town bus to get most of the way home when he was done. If their mother had time she would pick him up but usually by then she'd be home sleeping for a couple hours before starting her nighttime shift at the 24-hour diner.

Nathan nodded, glancing over with a wary eye as Delilah approached. Normally he'd have to leave to pick up his sister, but with art club after school he was going to try to make it to the pools to get a few laps in until it was time to pick her up. "I'll catch you later." He said with a wave and then he was off. They would be on the soccer team together, so whether Ban liked him or not, they would begin working together more in the pre-season workouts. Not to mention the classes they had together.

Claire nodded her understanding as he explained who Oli was, but she paled ever so slightly as he discussed Cass. As far as she had heard of their family, there had never been mention of a sister. "So that's why we'll go over the dos and don'ts." She said a little warily. She let out a sigh, not realizing it had been so audible until he came out. She flashed Michael a quick apologetic glance. Do you know, will I be allowed to go around the town freely? Or will I need to remain where ever we'll be living unless you or someone else is with me? Or in circumstances like tonight with meeting at the cafe?" She asked, tilting her head a little. Uncertain of how trapped she would be in this town. After all she was only a gift, but a gift with a duty to perform, which meant doing whatever she was told.

Ban nodded, as he followed Delilah, they went to the part of the courtyard that the students weren't around. Delilah turned back to Ban when they were sure to be alone and smirked, "You are pretty clever, aren't you? Let me guess, you did your research and you are still doing the work, right? Someone like you doesn't have an interest in anyone like you have been doing. So, I am guessing your military parents have taught you a few tricks, huh?"

Ban smirked slightly to her, "You are a lot more clever than anyone gives you credit for." he complimented her, but didn't agree with her assessment. Instead, he ignored it and that only made her feel like she was right on the dot with what she thought.

"Yeah, I like it that way. Makes people leave Hayden and me alone," she confessed.

"Hayden? Seems strange that someone like you would be so attached to someone like her." Ban commented.

"Maybe. But I have my reasons. Just like I have my reasons for saying this. If the students found out you were after their secrets, like you are, they wouldn't trust you. You would be blacklisted." she pointed out.

"Right. But there is more than one way to get what I need. Your point?" Ban stated.

"I wonder how much you can get if every one of the facility understood what you were doing? Or what if they knew exactly what you could do? I imagine some with your figure is just into working out for fun. You probably know how to fight like a commando. And I am sure your parents would get into some trouble if the military finds out that you have skills that they were taught. It's borderline child abuse if you even have a slight bit of their training, isn't it?"

"Are you blackmailing me?" Ban asked, knowing that if anyone knew, that his father taught him, more than just how to get information, that it could be the end of both his parent's careers and his plan.

"Bingo. You keep your mouth shut about Hayden and I will keep your little secret, and to make sure you keep your side. I am going to tell you exactly how we are going to play this." she said with a smug grin, "You get to play my boyfriend. This means you get to hand out after school with me and keep anyone else from finding out."

"You are asking me to be your boyfriend?" Ban asked confused by what was just explained to him.

Delilah grinned mischievously, he was the exact type of person that would get him out of store duty. Her parents would be only too happy for Delilah to have a military brat to hang out with, and as a boyfriend, she might just get a curfew and time to hang out with Hayden when Hayden wanted to go out, instead of staying in Hayden's house, if she wanted to be away from the family. Delilah figured that he was the perfect reason for her to be a normal teenager and with what she knew about what he could do and was doing, he would make sure that any trouble she got into never reached her parents. It was a win-win for her. "You are going to be my boyfriend and keep Hayden's secret to yourself. And I won't tell everyone all the dirty little details of what you shouldn't know how to do. It's a good deal. We both get something from it. You get to keep your little spying going on, which I might even help you with, for fun. And you get to keep your parents from getting you taken away from them or worse in any military trouble. I know the military is a lot more strict and hard on its members than civilians do. So what do you say?"

Ban rolled his eye, this was not something he had a choice in. He could deal with being away from his parents, it would hurt his plan, but he would find a way to get back on track, but he had three siblings that were younger than he was. He couldn't allow this girl to ruin their lives, because he was stubborn, as she had said. He nodded, "Fine." in annoyance, "So, now what?"

Delilah grinned, "I'll see you tomorrow, meet me here in the morning." she told him, before she started off, she had to get to the store before her parents knew how late she was after school and started to ask questions. She couldn't really tell them she blackmailed the new student to be her boyfriend in order to get some freedom, make sure Hayden's secret was safe, and allow her to start really spying, which sounded like fun.

**********************************************************************************​
Kael sighed as he waved to Jo and Ja, as the bus rode off. He had been invited by the art teacher to seat in on the art club, to see if it was something he would like. Kael didn't draw, but he hasn't exactly artless. He really wasn't looking forward to this, but he had wanted to check out what it was all about. Ban was a good artist, he was good at pretty much everything he did. But Kael had not found his thing, but he was good with languages.

He was a little late for the club when he walked in they looked like they had started, but he walked in and sat down. He sighed as he sat, placing his bag on the desk, while he listened in on what they were talking about, not making a point to interacting. It was his first day and he kept to himself, spent a lot of time that way. On his first day, he got his escort to go into the girl's bathroom and get caught, so he ditched him pretty early on in the day. He kept to himself the rest of the day, watching everyone around him to get a feel for the world he was now in. After all, these were not military brats like him and he was not going to fit with them. He hated moving schools, but with the way his parents worked, he couldn't avoid it, he was in a new school every two to three years, to the point he decided making friends would be pointless. Sometimes the same kids went to his next school, but they would not follow all the time, so he didn't get attached to them.

Michael paused for a moment in his steps, before he glanced at her, as he tried to figure out what she meant. It took a moment before he snapped that she might just mean exactly as she said. He smirked slightly, "You have free ran anywhere you want, but the Alpha's house, unless invited." he told her as he was about to start walking again when he stopped at the sight of the woman in front of them.

The one tilted her head, "I can because I smelled him, but I guess being the shadow, you would smell like him." she smirked with slight amusement, "And who is this?" she growled, with a singing hum behind her throat.

Michael was quick to stand between Claire and the woman, "I thought you weren't going to be here until later tonight." he said.

It only made the woman grin more, "Oli is not as fast as I am. I wanted to see my dearest of brothers, but seems he isn't here. If I knew father was hosting bait, I would have run faster." she chuckled, darkly, "Did the Alpha behave? I would love to have been there when Calvin entered. His muscles must have reacted? The idea, makes my claws itch." she snarled playfully as her hand started to transform, "She smells different. I wonder what her muscles feel like." she said as she started towards them.

Michael took a step forward, "Sandi, stop." he growled, in warning, but he knew that she wasn't threatened by any wolf, the female only grinned with amusement.

"Do you think Michael can stop me, before I reach your throat, deary?" she said playfully, "I really want to see if he has improved in my time away." she challenged.

Michael knew that he couldn't take her and he knew that the moment she started to move in for an attack, he wouldn't be able to stand in the way, so he stepped to the side. He decided to try something else, he whispered, "Do not move." he told Claire, "Cassandra, this is Claire, my partner. Christopher has decided that she will take the place of my mate." he introduced Claire, a looked to Claire, not letting the female to his back, " Clair, this is my elder sister, Cassandra." he turned to Cass, "Say Hello." he said.

When Delilah arrived at her parents' store, her father - Nigel - was standing behind the counter, looking over some papers. He heard the door open and close and barely looked up as he spoke. "You're late...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since I know you're adjusting to a new school schedule, especially with it being your first year at the high school." He said, marking something off on one of the papers and then flipping through to another. "Your mother was in the back, she just left to go pick up your brother. Help her by finishing restocking and then, she should be back by the time you're done, if she has nothing else for you, then you can go do your homework in the office." He added, still not even looking up. He didn't leave room for argument or discussion. She had been dismissed and was expected to do as she was told.

=+=+=

Logan sat close to Emily in their art club. It was during this time that they had decided to keep working on the comic they had started over the summer. They had become close friends since starting middle school and since then Emily had really opened up around Logan. She was still painfully shy with just about everyone else, but she had at least her best friend. However, when the new kid - Kael was his name if she remembered right - came in and sat along, she nudged Logan.
"Ack...Em you just messed me up..." He muttered distractedly, though he was smiling. She smirked a little and nudged him again, this time getting him to look up at her. "Yes?" He asked, smiling as he set his pencil down. She motioned with her head towards where Kael was sitting.

"We should go sit with him." She suggested. She knew nothing about him, but she knew being the new kid was hard. Logan knew that too. They both had heard the story about him getting another boy in trouble for going into the girls' bathroom - the story had spread fast in the small middle school. But beyond that, knowing his name, and knowing he was new, they had heard he was a bit of a loner but neither knew anything about him.

"Em he doesn't look like he wants to be bothered." Logan said, a little uncertain. She gave him a playful pout.

"Please? I don't want to go by myself." She begged. Logan smirked a little and sat back.

"Won't it seem like we're ganging up on him if we both go over? If you go over alone it'll be less intimidating." He said with a knowing grin. Emily had a heart of gold, but initiating an interaction with someone she didn't know? Logan had seen her almost pass out from hyperventilating while giving class presentations and certain interactions. He still tried to push her to get out of her shell but he didn't push too hard....though that didn't mean he didn't tease her now and then about it.

"W-well maybe, but Logan he shouldn't sit all alone. What if you go over first?" Her face lit up with the smile she gave him. He rolled his eyes and went back to what he had been drawing.

"Tell you what, you go over first, and I swear I'll be right behind you." He suggested. Emily was silent a moment, biting her bottom lip as she looked over to Kael and then back to Logan.

"You swear?" She asked. He looked up to her.

"I swear...and have I ever broken a promise to you before?" He asked. Emily shook her head no. "I'll be right behind you." he promised. With shaking hands, Emily picked up her things and moved over to where Kael sat. She stumbled out of clumsy nervousness and her face turned a bright shade of red, only seeming to get redder as she sat at the same table where Kael sat alone. She set her things down, tugging at the sleeves of the over-sized sweater she always wore, trying to keep from shaking. For a moment she couldn't speak, couldn't make the words come out of her mouth.

"H-hi, I'm....I'm Em-Emily...." She started, her heart raced. A moment later Logan came over, sitting between her and Kael and setting his stuff down. Instant relief washed over her.

"Hey, I'm Logan...the stuttering one is Emily. You're new here right? Mind if we sit with you? You don't have to talk to us but collaborating can be fun sometimes...or I can show you some of the work I've done." He offered. Emily was shy about her work, but he knew if Kael asked to see it, she would show it.

Claire nodded, seeming to relax even more as she offered him a smile. She didn't have a chance to say anything else before the other wolf approached them. She tensed as Michael stood between her and the female, her body going on high alert, ready for a fight should one come. She was a good fighter, she was strong, but she also still needed a lot of work. She did what she could to keep her heart from racing as she kept her gaze on the female, listening to the exchange between her and Michael. Even so, as Cass pondered if Michael could do anything to keep her from ripping out Claire's throat, her heart raced, her breathing quickening ever so slightly. She glanced to Michael only when he moved to the side, giving the smallest of nods to his command to show she had heard him. She returned her gaze to Cassandra, taking her in.

"Hi, Cassandra. I hadn't expected to meet you until tonight, you'll have to excuse me as I am still adjusting to how your pack handles things." She said, pleased with herself when her words managed to come out steady and even. She kept her eyes locked on Cassandra, not daring to look away for even a moment. She clenched her hands into fists though as instinct caused her own nails to start to elongate, preparing for a threat. They dug into her flesh as she willed that fight instinct back into submission. "It's nice to meet you." She added. For the time, she decided being kind but not a push over would be her first tactic. She just hoped it wouldn't be her last.

Delilah sighed as she moved to do as she was told, there was no point in talking to her father about anything. It had been like this for a while now, since the theater accident, which was a lot more amusing than she let on.

*****************************************​
Kael raised an eyebrow when Emily sat down and he watched Logan when he got there. It was not that he was upset, but he had no idea what made them come to him. He was not one that attracted a lot of attention, it wasn't the fact that he was a lost puppy or something. So, he sighed, when they introduced themself, "Kael." was all he said before he shook his head, "Honestly, art is not something that I am that into. I'm only here because I spray-painted some stuff and the art teacher thought it was a better way for me to use my talent." he explained as he looked between the two, "So, you two don't have to be nice." he assured them.

Cass watched Claire for a moment, and then smirked, "Than let me help you." she growled, but stopped when she heard the voice.

"I wouldn't." Jeremy said as he came from behind Claire and Mcahel. "Christopher would be disappointed if something happened to Oli because you ran ahead."

"Oh, pet. Oli is a lot more dangerous than you understand." Cass said.

Jeremy glanced to Claire and Micahel, "Take the long way." he said motioning Michael to take Claire. Micahel nodded as he took Claire's hand and led her the way they had just come from to go the other way. They would have to go around the building when they exit, but it was better than letting Cass kill Claire, just because of her scent.

Cass growled before she roared out, "You are a pet." she snapped.

Jeremy nodded, "And you can kill me. But you won't. Christopher would be very upset if you did and your father would chain you back up like he had last year. Have you not learn your lesson yet, Cassandra. You get orders, you get to kill,; not when you want to, but when you get orders. Christopher will be disappointed if you break your position and have to be chained again."

"Where is my brother." she snarled.

"Waiting for you and Oli, best get to him. Or you could return to Oli's side. his reaction to your early arrival may not be good if he finds out what you have been up to." Jeremy challenged.

**************************​
Michael sighed as they finally got to the point of the building that he couldn't smell Jeremy and Cass, but Cass was hard to smell, she had been away from the pack for so long, that it was not surprising that she didn't smell like the pack most of the time. He let Claire's hand go, "Sorry." he said as he led the way. "I really didn't expect her to be her first. Oli is Christopher's mate, I didn't expect Cass to allow Oli to be alone, or unprotected from where they were coming from."

Logan snorted a little and pulled out his sketch book. "I should have known it was the new kid who had been caught for spray painting. Rumors spread fast here." He said with genuine amusement. He looked over to Kael and shrugged. "We're not being nice...well she is, but she's always nice." He gestured towards Emily. "What'd you spray paint? If you're interested I know a place you can do that sort of thing and not get caught." He offered.

"Logan." Emily chided quietly, Logan flashed her a smile. There were some abandoned buildings near the outskirts of town that were on private land. They weren't supposed to be going back there, but kids went there all the time to hang out and show off their graffiti work. As long as they were smart about it, it was easy to avoid being caught.

"Well, if you're stuck here anyway, you may as well find something to amuse yourself. Drawing is easiest, but there are paints and pottery and a bunch of other stuff here if you want." He offered instead. His personality would have made many think he was Nathan's brother instead of Hayden's. He looked up to Nathan like a brother, so he didn't care when the comparison had been made. Emily just sighed as Logan kept talking and pulled out her own sketch book, bringing up a drawing she had started to work on a while back. She was an exceptional artist for her age and before too long it was easy for her to tune out Logan and Kael and get lost in her drawing.

Claire followed Michael without hesitation, glancing back over her shoulder just once to see Jeremy talking to Cass. She turned her attention forward again, staying silent until Michael seemed to relax and let her hand go. She shook her head a little.
"It's alright." She said, letting out a shuddering sigh. "So...that was your sister? Is Christopher the only one she gets along with?" She asked cautiously, not wanting to overstep. Given how Cass had spoken and how Jeremy had spoken to her, that was what she had gathered. It had surprised her when Jeremy arrived. It had been hammered into her head that witches were bad and to be avoided or killed. While she would be on her best behavior, she knew it would be an adjustment to have a coven allied with the pack. But she had felt a sense of relief almost when Jeremy had arrived...probably because he'd taken Cassandra's attention off of her and Michael.
"Jeremy is...Christopher's partner? I-is that how the Alpha had put it? Each wolf has a witch partner?" She asked, trying to better learn.

Kael smirked, "I am strategic. Drawing doesn't have as much planning ahead for me." he admitted, "But if there is a place, point me at it and I'm there.": he said as he thought of his brother, Ban wouldn't like the idea that he was doing anything that was against the rules. Perfection was Ban's thing, though. Kael did what he wanted, his model was 'Best to ask for forgiveness than permission' and he lived by it. So, he tried not to think about anything that would upset or make Ban lecture him about being older. There was a lot that he loved about his brother, he was a lot better than his father, in Kael's opinion. But he was also not his parent and he didn't like how much Ban expected from him. It was no more than their parents expected from Ban when he was Kael's age, but still. Their father was hell, Kael couldn't wait for his mother to leave their father, he would be with her all the way and be happy to never deal with his father again. But he knew that his mother loved their father more than their father deserved and that is what killed Kael the most.

Michael nodded, "Yeah, Jeremy is going to be head of the Coven and Chris is going to be the Alpha, after my father. We are all partnered with a witch, so that if something happened, why would all be evenly matched." He assured her, But Cass doesn't listen to anyone, but Christopher. Not even my father or mother, but she gets along with just about everyone, as long as she isn't going to kill them. If you have the pack scent, she doesn't want to kill you, that is why I was hoping to have time with you before you meet with her." Michael explained, Cass was an enforcer for the pack, it was all she was good at and what she was trained to be. She lost her chance to be Alpha when she was born and nearly died. There was something wrong with Cass, from what Micahel was told. "You will get a witch assigned to you when you meet with Calvin in the morning. Most likely you will be with Abby, she doesn't have a wolf and she was from a coven that did not deal with wolves the same way. She will be able to help you get used to things. But that is Calvin's call. When you see him again, though, I wouldn't thank Jeremy, at least not in front of Calvin. What just happened, is pack business. He shouldn't have said or done anything. But other than Chris, Jeremy is the only one that can take on Cass without her attacking first. Calvin will punish Jeremy if he finds out though and my father is not going to let Jeremy get away with getting into pack business. So, best not to say anything about it." he explained. There was a lot she was going to have to get used to, separating pack business and coven business was one of them. It was all something he was going to try and crash course her on before she stepped in that position. He didn't want her to fail. When it came to Pack and Coven relations, there was a system. It wasn't perfect, but it worked for Calvin and Garrett, so it was the way things worked.

Logan grinned and nodded. "I have a lot of places I can show you if that's the kind of stuff you're in to." He said. This caught Emily's attention and she looked up to the two boys. She was too shy to say much to Kael, even if she had wanted to be friendly with him, but Logan....

"You promised Hayden you weren't going to go to those places anymore." She said. Logan looked to her and gave her a sheepish grin.

"It's all in good fun Em, it'll be okay." He assured her. She bit her lip, but then nodded a little hesitatingly. Logan bumped his shoulder to hers playfully. "You're always going to be my number one, don't worry." He added quietly, causing her to smile a little more. He never wanted her to feel like he was going to replace her, but having a guy to hang out with now and then would be really nice too.

"What other kinds of things are you in to?" Emily asked Kael, causing Logan to look to her in surprise and then he smiled more. She was a little more confident with Logan there as a buffer.

Claire nodded, taking in everything he said. "god...this place is so different." She breathed. She gave Michael a small smile. "Not in a bad way...I just...there's going to be a lot for me to learn huh?" She asked. She took a deep breath and nodded to herself a little. "Okay, so say nothing of what juts happened, I can do that. Did he step in because of Chris? Because of the relationship between Chris and Cass he didn't want her to do something...uhm...unplanned?" She asked. Will we have time now to try to do whatever you had planned to alter my scent a little better than just the clothes? I imagine we're still going to be meeting with her again once Oli arrives as well?" She added. Her head with swarmed with questions and trying to keep names straight as well as trying to be careful about what she said and did. Though she was beginning to feel a little more comfortable around Michael. He seemed like a really good guy, and kind, but she still didn't know what would happen if she overstepped her place and was trying hard to make sure that didn't happen either.

Kael smirked, his interest was peaked and even more so when Emily stepped in, "Trouble." he said as Emily asked him about his hobbies. "Spray painting is kind of something I do when I have some color. But normally, I hang out with my baby sisters or train with my brother. But I like talking with my mom in different languages, but my favorite thing to do is trick people." He explained, as he thought of anything that could interest him. Than he thought of a question of his own, "What about you? Other than the drawing think you do, what do you do?" he smirked mischievously at her, "I'm sure there is more to you than the good girl."

Michael smirked, "He probably stepped in, because Chris and Jeremy are linked. If a wolf threatens him, Chris will come to try and save him. And the same if a witch threatens Chris. If Cass threatens Jeremy, there is no way Chris can avoid protecting him, even if he doesn't want to." Michael explained, than nodded, "Oli is a good wolf for you to know. She is head strong and sweet, so she is probably your best option to getting to know the pack a lot better." he explained. He wasn't sure how to explain that since Cass already met her, it would be a little useless without making her feel silly, so he just shook his head a little and said, "I need to let know Chris know about Cass. It'll give you a chance to get to know the new place without me there and if you want, when I get back, I will show you how to get into town from there." he suggested.

Emily listened, genuinely curious. She couldn't help thinking that he was such a...a boy! Though his interest in languages did interest her. She didn't know any other languages, just a little French from what she was required to take in school, but she had always found languages fascinating and wanted to learn more. At his question directed so specifically to her though, her cheeks once more turned a bright rosy pink. She shook her head quickly, causing a chuckle to leave Logan.
"I-I don't really do much else. I read and w-write...but mostly do art. You can even ask Logan, we've been best friends since the sixth grade." She said. Logan smirked and shook his head a little.

"She doesn't get into trouble, tends to keep to herself...though..." He started with a playful grin and Emily's eyes widened a little. "If I remember, you were the one who showed me that place to spray paint." He said with a raised eyebrow. Emily's eyes widened even more. It was the only thing she did, only place she ever went that would possibly take her out of the 'good girl' label. Even her brother didn't know. She couldn't help herself though, sometimes she needed to express herself that way. She had learned about it from one of her brother's old girlfriends. They still hung out an until Logan started going with her, Emily wouldn't go unless the older girl came with. It was also one of the few times she seemed able to come out of ehr shell a little more, even with strangers around....though it was also becuase of those strangers that she never went alone.

"S-so? It's a cool place." She said, shrugging as she dutifully looked back to her paper, though she was still listening to the boys talk.

"We'll take you out there tomorrow if you want?" Logan offered, looking to Kael. "What kinds of tricks do you like to do?" He asked.

Claire nodded some. She looked forward to meeting Oli then. She hoped that the other female would be open to at least getting to know her. She knew bringing a new wolf into the pack could be a difficult transition. For some reason this one felt like it could be extra difficult if she didn't make the right friends.
"I guess that sounds good." She said with a shrug. Not sure what else to say. She mulled over what he had said about Chris and Jeremy's bond, the bond that apparently all the wolves had with a witch here. "How does the bonding happen between a wolf and witch? Is there a spell or some ritual?" She asked curiously."

Kael smirked, as he nodded, "The sooner the better. I have some ideas that I would love to get out." he said as he leaned back. He had known a lot of people, since he moved around, but these two seem to have something strange about them. He was sure that Emily was more than just a good girl, she had it in her to be a bad girl. Kael was sure that once she let herself find that out that she would be a lot less shy about it. Than there was Logan, he seem to be open about not being a goody good, which made it clear that Emily was already on her way to finding a different path. But Kael was more of a pusher, when it came to what he saw, and Emily was going to be a project in a lot of ways. He had to be careful how he manipulated her and showed her exactly what he was seeing now. At the same time, he had to be sure that Logan was on board. Last thing he needed was someone else trying to stop him, who had more influence of Emily than he did. "Seems Emily is a bit of a bad girl, though. A wolf is sheep's cloth, as they say." he commented.

Michael smirked, she was very curios about everything and when he thought about it, maybe that was how most packs were, when they thought of his pack. After all, witches and wolves have had so much against one another that the fact that they had found common ground, was something that everyone else, must think is crazy. But to them, to him, who was born into this type of relationship, it was natural, so it was amusing to hear the questions that came from others. "Well, the wolf gain's the connection like they would with their pack, it just gets amplified when it's with a witch and the witch will need a ritual, but you shouldn't worry about that. Abby is not old enough to really understand the connection, the only reason Calvin would assign her, would be that you both are from different understandings and she is the only one without a wolf at the moment. NOt to mention to keep an eye on you." he stated. He wasn't sure if she had understood it yet, but she was not really in a position that stated that she was completely free. Until his father had her pack under his claw, there was no way that they were going to completely trust her. After all, unless she was useful in taking down her pack and stayed loyal to her new pack, than she would always be the outsider to them. It was just how his pack worked and he wouldn't be surprised if that was how her pack world.

Logan grinned and nodded. "I think there's art club tomorrow too...that can be our excuse if you need." He offered. "Besides, we're technically doing art." He added. He'd always been a good kid, but he had a rebellious streak too. The graffiti and other things had helped him with his initial adjustment to this new town and now it was just something to do. It was harmless. He just did what he could to make sure Hayden, or his mom didn't find out. He loved them both and didn't want either to worry about him. He looked over to Emily at Kael's assessment of her, curious what the new kid saw in his best friend that he didn't see. She was blushing, unused to the kind of attention she was getting from Kael.

"I-I'm not a bad girl." She pouted a little, though his words made her heart race a little. She liked the attention he was giving her; it was different than the attention she got from Logan and she was hesitant to even admit that to herself.
"Besides, I-I can't go with you two tomorrow, you'll have to go without me. I'm supposed to go home with Nathan right after school." She added. She would have no way to get home otherwise, and her overprotective brother did not like her walking home alone. Logan knew this.

"Hayden and I can walk you home." He offered with a playful grin. Hayden scowled at him and then sighed.

"Can I leave it at 'we'll see'?" she asked. Logan snorted and smirked.

"Fine, but you know your brother would let you stick around if Hayden and I both walk home with you." He pointed out. She no longer had an excuse, Logan was right, and Nathan adored him. The two had become as close as brothers, especially over this past summer when Logan spent most his time with them and Hayden had picked up a summer job.

Claire nodded. She didn't expect to be given any freedom upon arrival. She had half expected to be sent...well wherever the Alpha decided, and not allowed to leave without an escort. That she would be in a house and allowed to come and go was more than she thought she would be able to do. The packs had allied but the relationship was still tense, it likely would be for some time until the two packs got into a better flow with one another. And regardless she was an outsider, a new wolf being brought back into a pack was always quite the adjustment.
"Will I see you very often while we first get to know one another or are you pretty busy with your duties? I-I know it was said before that you would be able to stick around some, but I know you must be busy too." She asked. She would accept whatever he said, but she hoped to at least have an ally in him, if no one else....especially if they were to be mated, she wanted to work on building that bond. Once they completed that ritual, whatever natural mate bond they had been born with would disappear and be transferred to be between them. It wouldn't be as strong as the natural mate bond, but it would be there at least.

"My brother could give us all a ride." Kael offered, "If kind of the one that stays home, so my parents got him a car when he turned 16." he offered. He shrugged as he said, "If I ask him, he might even bring mom's car, could feet the three of us and both your siblings." he smirked, "My mother would love to know that it was being used." he said. There was a lot of responsibility that Ban had, so he was given a lot of privileges, and as annoying as it was, Ban wasn't the kind that would make his brother walk. Ban was like their father, he was hard to figure out, because of how quiet and rude he could be, but he cared too much, just like their mother. It was annoying to Kael, Ban was a mix of his parents' best personality traits and he felt like he was the worse. From what his mother told him, his father had been rebellious at his age, coming from a military family. Kael hoped that being a rebel would get his father's attention, but Kael was not Ban, the firstborn. His mother had made sure that Kael wasn't trained the same way, she taught him language, to make sure that Alec didn't force his spying on him like he had Ban. But Ban was good at getting information, he was handsome and had a trusting face, at the same time. Kael just looked like trouble, so that is what he did. It wasn't something he wanted at first, it was just the easiest way to be.

Kael smirked, "You know, I think my brother mentioned some Nathan guy, supposed to meet him at the gate. He wasn't thrilled about it, but I bet that your brother was that guy. So, I think it would be interesting if there were, so he would be cool with it if my brother did. After all, no one dislikes my brother, unless he wants them to." he said with some pride, after all, Ban was his best weapon against pretty much anyone when he wasn't scolding him.

Michael shrugged, "Honestly, I am not really am not interested in being Beta, but my father has this idea of what his pack should be like and that is only with Chris and me. " then it hit him. She was surprised by his sister, to learn he had one, like everyone else, but normally those that found out were either from the pack or killed. "By the way, about Cass. You can't let anyone know she exists. As far as anyone knows, my father only has two sons, if they find out about Cass, they will start asking questions and my mother will be upset if my father kills Cass. I doubt in a fair fight he can, but he has already made it clear, that as long as no one knows about her, she can live. She is impossible to be around, but she is my sister, and she had saved my ass, a few times, just because. " he said.

"But yeah, we should have some time to be together." Micahel answered her question, "My father needs to make sure that you are loyal to our pack, so I am sure that he will have someone with you at all times." he said, "At least until he gets linked with you, the way the rest of us are." he said, as he explained how his father thought of their bond. She was a tool to Garrett, no matter how you looked at it. Everyone was some tool to him if they didn't fit his perfect idea of a pack. Cass was the firstborn but was born with a lack of control, making her different, so her father was going to kill her when she survived, and Claire was no different. She was a tool to get her pack close, Garrett planned on using her for information in the end until it was time to slaughter her pack. Then, she would have to stay loyal to him, and only him, for the rest of her life, or be killed with her family.

Emily looked over to Kael surprised. "Give us a ride to the abandoned buildings? Or just back home from the school?" She asked, frowning a little. "Would he actually be okay with you going out there?" She asked. She was sure Nathan would be relieved to know Ban was giving her a ride home from "art club" the next day if he wasn't able to do it. If she remembered right he was going to be at some practice or other which was why he wasn't going to be able to give her a ride later in the day. But if this Ban guy got her brother's seal of approval, then her parents would be okay with it too...not that they'd really know, they always worked late anyway, which was why Nathan was always the one driving her to and from places. Suddenly Logan chuckled a little and she looked to him. "What?" She asked.

"You pretty much just agreed to go with us tomorrow. So...I take it that you're in?" He asked. Her cheeks turned a light pink as she realized he was right, but then she shrugged.

"Y-yeah, I guess so." She muttered. She wanted to go with them, she was just...uncertain about it all. It was different when it was her and Logan or her and her brother's ex, but it would be different now having Kael there too. It wasn't like she disliked him, and she liked his attention, but he was still new and she struggled with new people. Logan grinned and looked over to Kael.

"We'll just meet up right after school and go there. Art club is usually two hours so that gives us that time at least." He said. He wasn't sure if Kael would need an excuse for being gone longer. He knew Emily's parents would be working late and Nathan would likely be at whatever practice he had until much later. His own mother would be working and Hayden...he'd be able to think of something if she asked him where he was. As long as he let her know he was okay though, he was sure he could stay at the abandoned site much longer than just a couple of hours.

Claire listened, raising an eyebrow in question as she listened to what he said about Cass. She nodded slowly though, promising that she would not say anything to anyone about the female. She was really hoping to have to interact with her as little as possible. Though she supposed once she and Michael completed the mating ritual then it would be unavoidable that she and Cass would have encounters now and then. She also nodded her understanding as he explained that she would likely have someone with her at all times. She wasn't surprised.

Before too long they were coming to the house where she and Michael would be staying. She wasn't sure how she felt about being alone for the next little bit. Michael had said she would be while he went to tell his brother about Cass. She supposed it would be nice to get herself acquainted with the place though and to have whatever little time alone she was given since it sounded like she wouldn't have much more of that in the near future.

Kael smirked, "Art trip." he said as he explained everything, "My brother would take us where ever we need him to, as long as he thinks that we are going somewhere that is okay." He grinned, as he leaned in a little close to them. "We are new, so how is he going to know, that the art club doesn't have field trips. This is the first time we haven't been on base. So, yeah, he will take us anywhere, as long as you don't tell him the truth." he smirked mischievously. "Learn to play the game, dear, or I will have to teach you a lot more than you are me." he told Emily.

Kael was sure that he could get Ban to drop them wherever he wanted, at least for this first week, but there was always that the fact that Ban was in high school with both of the siblings of these two. There was always a small chance that Ban could talk to one of them, and the beans would be spilled. So, he had to be careful with everything that happened and was told to Ban. But at the same time, Ban was no fool, Kael knew that Ban would figure everything out, sooner rather than later, which meant that he had to be very careful. "Just an option." he said as he shrugged, he looked at his watch..."Hmm, I have to go, though. " he said as if he was scheduled for something. "In 5, 4, 3,...." Which is when the door to the art club room got a knock. "See ya." Kael said.

When the teacher opened the door, Kael sighed, as he packed his bag. Ban was standing at the door, with the twins, behind him, with their little grins. "Sorry, but I need to talk to Kael." Ban said as he looked at his little brother. "Spray Paint? Again." Ban stated.

Kael smirked, "Still your fault." Kael said as he chuckled, "By the way, did you know that that wing thing is actually pretty cool." he chuckled end more as he moved passed Ban, who only sighed, Kael patted his little twin siblings on the head. "Nice joke, girls."

Jo and Ja smiled, "Kael is on punishment." they joked, together.

Ban sighed, "Sorry again." he told the teacher as he started to follow Kael and the twins, as they started down the hall.

Michael sighed, as they arrived at the house, he stopped at the door and opened it for her, "I don't know if anyone will stop by, if they do, while I am gone, it will probably be the Benedicts. They have a 5 year older, and I think Kal just got back too. Cass is fast, but if she got back, Kal is probably back too. He won't pop up yet though, he likes his tricks, so I still have to report to my brother and father. " he said as he motioned her inside, "I shouldn't be gone too long unless we have to track done Cass. So, you don't have to wait for me, if you get tired, okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back