• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Trumpet Vines

Within a few minutes, bells rang everywhere. All the people hurried down the hallways to the back, where Emma would realize they'd be heading to the cafeteria . "Lunch time!" Roared out an elderly, seemingly angry male as the mic clicked to a mute. Cheers and roars were heard all around the area as they headed to the cafeteria for food.

"Food. Disgusting." Brynn wrinkled her ski slope nose, turning towards the cafeteria area with hesitation. "I hope they don't force feed us like at the rehab center. That was terrifying." She shook a little, her confident stride disrupted by the thought. "I'm vegetarian, if that's what you're wondering about," the girl explained to Emma, walking towards the steel doors with a frown displayed on cherry red lips.

Of course, there were foods for vegetarians of the sort, but treated poorly. It seemed like everything was cooked, covered in greese. But yet, there were loafs of bread which seemed nice to the eyes. As well as that, there were sweets as well.

After the first half hour of lunch, Joshua entered the steel double-doors with his arms handcuffed behind him, what seemed to be weighted cuffs as well. Two guards were eyeing the area, Joshua's eyes widening when he got their attention and nodded his head towards Brynn and Emma. They sighed, nodding as they watched Joshua walk over to them with a bright, plastered smile. "Hey guys." He said, chuckling in an embarrassed tone. "Look, uhh they won't let me eat without someone watching me, so I need some super visors." He pleaded, looking back to them. "Plus, I need someone to feed me." He said, looking to the ground with red cheeks as he shook his head, his eyes closed as he still smiled, but seemingly more alive within the false joy.

"Oh that sounds terrible, well I just hope they have pizza or fries." Emma really hoped the food was ok, cause she had heard prison food was as gross as school food, even a bit grosser. Well that burger she had wasn't that bad, so I can still have hope that the food will be ok and I won't starve to death because I refuse to eat such gross food. As Joshua walked over, she nudged Brynn. "Here's you chance go with him and get close." She winked and begin to eat a loaf of bread.

"I can tell you are acting. That smile is a little too joyful." Brynn said through gritted teeth as she passed his ear on her way to a seat. "Emma, no way. Did I not make it clear earlier?" She sat in an empty seat, looking down at her hands. Refusing to eat anything here, she instead stared down at the linoleum floor with heavy eyes. "Why not you, Emma?"

Joshua frowned, taking their misguided words as a way of moving around the question. "Alrighty.. then." He growled to himself, searching the area with a straight face for other people who would help him. Of course, as usual when this occured, almost everyone noticed, averting eye contact as they didn't want to be chosen or feel the vibs coming off of him. He grunted, leaning against the counter as he waited there, his face now upset as he panned the area.

She sighed, why not her, well she didn't want Brynn to get the wrong idea but Joshua looked like he really needed help and not helping gave her a bad feeling in her gut. She finished the loaf and got up. "I'm sorry that was way rude of me." She broke off a piece of bread and smiled at him. "I know it's just bread but the other stuff here looks really gross, here."

She was even more disgusted by the looks he got back than by the food, and let out a long sigh. "Fine. It's not like I have anything better to do." Twisting a long lock of her own hair around her finger, she looked over at Emma quickly, seeing that she offered to do it instead. Gratefully smiling, she shut her eyes afterwards, trying to think of what used to entertain her, classical music. Once upon a time, she had played the cello. It was the one thing in life at the time that made her happy.

From a pitiful frown, Joshua's face seemed to immediately calm and his eyebrows level as he saw the bread, gently taking it with his braced teeth. Surprisingly, he happened to have braces on his teeth. How they could have such a successful function in a madhouse like this was unknown, but there they were, straight and sustaining. He chewed the bread slowly, swallowing as he looked to Emma. "Thank you." He said with a calm face, taking the rest of the bread from her hand which she offered and began to chew it slowly as well.

"Welcome...I'm sorry I ran from you...I was just nervous and being around a girl seems like a better idea." She pulls out a small bag a chocolate covered pretzels and stares off into the distance. He seemed so nice but she had heard the fight and was very wary of him, was he a good guy or was she being lead on by a faker. Emma sighed and munched on her pretzels

Brynn's eyes flew open, her daydream ending with an instant idea. "Do y'all have a music room? Specifically, with stringed instruments?" The girl grabbed a piece of bread, stuffing it in her mouth and swallowing in almost an instant. "Don't ask why. Tell me if you do, or you don't." She smiled brightly, the first smile she had made upon entry to the Center, and awaited a reply.

"Yeah, I get that a lot." Joshua muttered towards Emma. "The smartest thing to do? Stay cl-" He was interrupted by Brynn's instantaneous question. He bit his tongue until he drew blood, a lot of it at that, maintaining a calm face but inside raging at her audacity. Brush him off, then suddenly ask for things? THEN telling him not to ask why? "N-" He let a trickle of blood escape his mouth, looking down to it embarrassed as he swallowed. "No." He responded, coldly lashing his head out as he grabbed the section of napkins and tossed it to the ground, using his feet to wipe the puddle of blood.

"Oh. Nevermind then." Her eyes grew colder, the bright smile instantly closing, a rare occasion ending so quick. She watched as he knocked the napkins to the ground, lifting a hand out as if to help but drew it back as he managed on his own. Looking to Emma carefully, she apologized with her eyes and then looked far off, masking her face as if it were in deep thought while instead, she thought only nothing.

Emma gasp at the blood. "A-Are you ok." She didn't realize he was that badly hurt and felt shame for thinking bad about him. He probably was in some real pain right now. She gave a weak smile to them both at Brynn look

"I'm.. I'm fine." He said, having to swallow as his mouth sounded full of water. "I am, really." He nodded, leaving the napkin where it was as he felt a sharp pain in the center of his tongue. He wondered if he'd managed to bite through it, but knew that he was only oh so angry at her choice of words. Overreacting on a question? Almost unbearable to think. He smiled weakly at her, sitting down at their table as he winced, moving his arms around to a more comfortable position.

"Open the door." He responded, looking back to the exit of the cafeteria with a stretched neck, his chest muscle and tendon flexed as he tried to look with arms which stretched the other direction. "That'd be appreciated, rather than me crashing into it." He said plainly, getting up and swallowing once more, an iron taste all inside his mouth as he walked.

She hurried over to the door but Brynn got there first and opened it. Why didn't anyone seem to care that this guy was hurt, what if he died. She bite her lips and frowned, these really was a horrible place.

Brynn snapped out of her own mind and stood up passively, opening the door quickly for him, a her face reading no emotion except for her eyes. A mix of several feelings were swirling in the brown-black pools, and she shielded them from his as he would exit. "Goodbye." She choked, pressing her weight against the door as it opened.

Joshua paused for a moment, looking as both of them shot over and held the doors open. He looked at both of them with a confused face, moreso towards Brynn, but then turned out the cafeteria and down the hall. Then, he would go to the medic, who would treat his wound and hand him sedatives he'd keep for later, probably bargain or bribery.

"I am such a ditzy," Brynn started as soon as Joshua had left the area,finding her way clumsily back to her seat, now cold from her lack of presence. "From now on, when you see that look on my face, slap me. Hard. Don't be afraid to." The girl ordered over to Emma, her face falling into her graceful hands. "Stupid things that I love. Always makes me end up falling on my ass, royally."

She giggles, "I knew you liked him, he seems to like you too so it's ok." These to would be super cute together if they weren't so stubborn. She walks back to the seat with her and smiles at her. Emma the matchmaker was on duty, even if it hurt a little she would get them together.

Joshua remained in his cell block, on a time restrict for the next three days. "Outbreak." He scoffed, pacing his small area. "I was keeping things in Line!" He roared, smashing his body against the door as the bell rang for the lunch time to end. Joshua regretted his decision of outburst, sitting down on the bed with his arms slightly extended. He sighed, looking towards the ground as he felt the bandage on the roof of his mouth, thinking. "I'll get outta here." He mumbled to himself. "Oh yes, no one will get me there. No duties, no jobs, no nothin'." He spat a remaining amount of blood out of his mouth, continuing to think with a straight face.

(And now I bid Adieu, goodnight ^^)

"And now it's back to the zombie-like nothing." As the bells rang, she stood up harshly, her skin stained starch white for some odd reason. "I really do wish they had a music room, though. I remembered, right at that moment, that I used to play the cello. I kinda forgot where I was," Brynn chuckled a little, opening the door open for the smaller girl to get her way through then shut it closed. "Only place I know that has the slightest bit of entertainment is either the basketball court," she gestured out towards the doors, "or the cell blocks. Pick is up to you."

She yawns,"it's been a long day for me so I'm going head back to the cell and sleep, you can follow but it will be boring." Emma yawned again and hopped on back to her cell. This had been a long day and she needed to think and relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back