• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Trumpet Vines

Joshua saw the two run away, biting his tongue until he tasted his own blood. He knew as long as he put on a fake smile, everything would be fine. But the moment he'd want to take a break, he has people running away from all directions. His fist clenched the box till it crumpled, dropping it on the ground as they were out of sight. He disappeared into the Detention Center, not spoken about nor followed by anyone.

"It's-it's fine. I like company, just don't quite like people that remind me of my past. Not you, Joshua." The tears were glazing over her eyes, yet none spilled out. Unlocking the door on the stall, she came out with cheeks bright red and nose running, to face Emma. "Thanks, for following me. You're a good person, kid."

"If I was good I wouldn't be here, but thank you." She hands her some paper towels. "Yeah Joshua reminds me of an old boyfriend, not a good one though and I felt if I went with him bad things would happen. She hands Brynn a milkyway and smiles.

Joshua swung from the upper floor down to the second, landing on his feet as he pushed against the wall to keep him standing tall. He adjusted himself as he turned towards the doors leading outside. He walked down to the doors, looking through the window slot to see a single person out there with a ball in his hands, making shots at the hoop. He opened the door, letting it shut loudly by itself as he started towards the court.

She smiled slightly at Emma, leaning over the sink and wetting her face, the makeup she had put on the prior morning wiped clean until her imperfect face remained. An entirely different person, Brynn thought to herself, then looked over her shoulder at her. "He reminds me of my first. I hated him with all of my heart, yet stayed because he threatened to hurt me, torture me, and burn down my house if I did. Such tension makes me question a person like him. Hot summer nights, mid July, when you and I were forever wild, the crazy days, city lights." Brynn said with a sad face. A bar of candy was placed in her hand, and Brynn looked at her with a smile. "Thank you.. How did you know it was my favorite?" She said with a laugh, putting a small piece in her mouth.

Jace was about to shot three pointer as he heard the door slam loudly behind he didn't turn to face it and instead just took the shot from the three point mark as he was going to originally. He got it in the hoop so he would now turn to see why the door slammed its self he saw one man who looked slightly taller than him but as a distance it was hard to tell. "So what can I help you with Mister...." Jace said sounding very jolly facing the man who was approaching the courts.

Joshua's face was still bitter, looking at the man as his smile annoyed him. There he was, a man of true joy. He should've been happy. "I should be like that." He muttered, walking up to the man, then looking over him to see the basketball. He shot over, grabbing it as he began to dribble it through hit legs, bouncing it to his other hand behind his back as he walked to the checkpoint, bouncing the ball to Jace, offering a game.

"I didn't but I'm glad you like it. So what should we do now?" Emma really didn't know this place at all and she really didn't want to go off alone. She turned to herself in the mirror and smiled, she had always looked like a child, a feet which had saved and hurt her.

"I don't know, look around maybe? Hey, want some?" She pulled a tube of mascara out of her back pocket, setting it on the counter while re-applying the rose red lipstick on her full lips, making sure that it would contrast every single aspect of her, as always. Shrugging, she put it back into her pocket and handed the tube to Emma, staring at the door. "What did you do to get here?" Brynn asked randomly, sighing heavily.

"Ahh nah I don't wear much makeup, never got taught to wear it. I got caught with drugs, first time too, that's why I don't look like an attic yet. But yeah lets look around I don't really know where anything is and that's pretty bad." She stretches and holds the door open.

"Okay then." Brynn shrugged, tossing the tube into her pocket as well and walked out the door, holding it for the small girl to pass through, then closed it firmly. "If we get caught doing something we're not supposed to, need a plan, don'tcha think?" They walked close to another, as Brynn looked at the numerous rooms with locked metal doors, wondering which one had which use.

Jace grabbed the ball but simply spun it on his finger. "I don't play competitive since the out come is one of three things, one being I will lose and the out come is nothing, two being I will win and you will get angry and the final one being well simple one of us will win and nothing will happen." Jace said as he passed the other guy the ball back.

Joshua spat, throwing the ball blindly at the hoop and hearing it smash against the backboard, then bouncing. He looked around the area, a large box, nothing new. But yet, it was at the same time, a box. A box of metal, rather than cement. A box with razors to keep needy hands away, and wanted ones in. He trailed his fingers alongside the fence, stopping at the far back, noticing a large amount of green on the side which he hadn't noticed ever before. From the looks of it, it was quite old, a large section of the fence gone from vines. He pondered his thought, looking straight at the plant until he felt a sharp, paining needle in his arm. He looked down to see ahornet, which he gladly smacked three times and watched its dead body fall to the ground. He looked back up to the vines, walking away as his eyes soon looked ahead of him, but then back for a small moment.

"Yeah I guess but what do these door even have in them?" She was all for doing cool thing but she all did them if they lead to big rewards. She look around seeing nobody around, maybe this wasn't a good idea but what choice does she have. "Alright what are you thinking?"

"No idea. We were lost? Technically not a lie, but I guess it will work." Brynn looked around the corner, sticking her face out first then the rest of her body followed. "So, empty.." She commented, walking the halls like they were about to close in on her. No windows were in sight, probably a suicide preventer. Neither were handles on the doors, just a seamless metal slab between her and whatever laid behind the protection. "What are they like? Drugs?" She asked, curious to know.

Jace just watched the man who hasn't said a word yet. "You don't talk much do you or even tell people you're name do you nope you seem like you would just rather walk around staring at vines on the fence and kill insects." Jace said in a mocking tone of voice just to see what his reaction would be.

Joshua turned around for a moment, standing at the door as he examined the facial features on the man. He then broke out a smile, seemingly strange after an insult as he bowed dramatically towards Jace, turning around and exiting the small court, shrowded in thorns and rubble.

"Lost..well that suck, I'm getting hungry and tired." She yawned and sat down. "Drugs are bad mhk, they make you hate yourself and other, believe me I've seen how living with them is. Never do them ok, they make people ugly." She yawned again and layed down.

"Okay, I won't. I was just curious. And, I don't think we're lost, that would be our excuse if someone found us. C'mon." She said, grabbing Emma's hand and pulling the small girl up off her feet. "If you want to sleep, just go back to the cell blocks. I'm going to go get some kind of fresh air. Unless, you do want to come?" Brynn sighed, hoping that the time she would spend here wouldn't be as dragging long as now.

"I'll come,I'm too lazy as it is." Emma smiled and started to skip out. Fresh air would do them both good and she had alright been missing the sunlight.

Joshua stood near the center of the halls, the third floor as he looked down upon the crowds of people. He had his fake smile on once more, panning the area as he saw people come and go. But then, the duo came back once more. He saw the blonde girl, staring at her for a few second sbut then pulled away, fleeing from the area with haste.

"Actually," Brynn said, her eyes locking on Joshua who stood above the few people passing through leisurely, "I think I'm going to go somewhere." The girl broke her stride next to Emma, finding the staircase quickly. Dodging other inmates clumsily, she made her way to the third floor. Ducking her head around a corner, she spoke, "Hello?"

Emma just clicked her tongue. Again with being the third wheel, she may say she don't like him but action speak louder than words. She sighed,she was still going outside, it looked like no one was out there and she was bored. As Emma made her way outside she wondered what to do, sing dance, or something else. These was a basket ball court out here but she had never been good at sports. She looked around quickly before starting to dance. As she dance she felt free and happy, not restraints.

Joshua froze from humming a tune, turning around to face a blonde, beautiful woman once more. In his hand he was flipping around a shiv with incredible speed and talent, not stopping as he turned to look at her. "Yes?" He asked with a smile, of course seemingly real but as well fake as he leaned against the wall as he flipped his blade around, tossing it to the other hand which he caught without looking, obviously practicing on doing that before.

Her eyes relaxed a bit as he stood in the hallway, and she walked to his side softly. "A boy of risk, aren't you?" Brynn gestured towards the blade he flipped in his hands as if it were an amazing feat. "Listen, I'm sorry that I was such a bi-" She began to speak, then stopped and looked away. "Whatever, I just get really pissed when reminded of my past. You didn't have to subject to it though, and I hope my words didn't make you think I was a total asshole or something." Brynn stated cooly, eyes still placed in the other direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back