• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Trumpet Vines

Hyydra

Shmecklesheckle
Hyydra submitted a new role play:

Trumpet Vines - A group of teen convicts struggle within a detention center.

Upon a Juvenile Detention Center within the state of Ohio, a group of convicts are opening their minds to their surroundings. The small place is filled with convicts of all crimes: Pickpockets to murder. How will you survive within the small area of the center? Will people manage to come after you? Will you escape from this horrid place. Is what you even did your fault?
Read more about this role play...

overview

Upon a Juvenile Detention Center within the state of Ohio, a group of convicts are opening their minds to their surroundings. The small place is filled with convicts of all crimes: Pickpockets to murder. How will you survive within the small area of the center? Will people manage to come after you? Will you escape from this horrid place. Is what you even did your fault?

Hartford_450p_JuvCourtyard.jpg

rules

1. Within fights, no auto-hits or GodMod.

2. Within events, be realistic. Not everything will work out.

3. Make sure your characters are balanced, not too many skills and too many flaws. As well as this, make sure that their capabilities are tied to their attributes, rather than illogical things as a person whose never fought before capable of fighting.

4. People who wish to join must be average. No one-liners, things must be detailed. People who post characters must be responsible enough to post frequently within this RP, either making time or not running in the RP.

5. Be respectful to the other players within this RP, shall you enjoy romance within this RP make sure you follow "graphic" or disturbing scenes with who you wish to do so with and me.

6. Language is allowed but be curdious, if your character swears a lot, please censor most of the words. At maximum, three words are allowed un-censored within the posts.

7. Follow the rules and have fun. These aren't here just for you to ignore, but only to help this RP live.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bells rang throughout the center, signifying line up time. All the fresh meat were in the beginning of the two lines, followed by the olders then to the veterans. Guards horded around the group of people, making sure no outbursts were at hand. But yet, not everyone was there. A small group of people, roughly seven to eight of them, were playing basketball within the square. How'd they slip by no one will know except for those who have a brighter mind. Joshua remained with his allies, all of them varying on size and muscle, but yet none of them dared to step to his own authority. He was second at hand within the center, seeing it he'd do whatever he wanted. So there he was, easily seen at the windows only a few steps away from the entrance of the Center.

As disturbing bells rang throughout of the Center, everyone grouped into a set of parallels. Towards the front, stood wide-eyed and pale-faced newbies, scared right down to their bones by the brooding guards and veteran convicts. Although, a few stuck out. Confident faces among the fearful, varying in shapes and sizes. One stuck out like a pink sheep in a sea of white ones; Brynn Beckham. Brynn stood in her full height, taller than several of the existing male convicts, a bored expression displayed across her face. Every once in a while her large brown eyes would lift from the ground and search the waves of grey, black, and dark red. She would then shake her head, and look back down to the ground, lost in her own thoughts.

The bell tolled and everybody group up. Towards the front was Emma with all the newbies looking just as scared. She stuck out some with her shortness and dyed pastel locks. Emma shivered at the brooding guards and veteran convicts. How did she even get into this mess anyway, everyone was so tall and trying to see around was hard. Maybe there'd be some nice people here, her gray eyes scanned around looking for a nice face. She rubbed her arms trying to comfort herself and just prayed that this wouldn't be so bad and that she would get out of here in no time.

Joshua made a three pointer, his arms shooting to his sides as he turned for approval from his allies who hand huddled up on him, taking this event with extreme shock and awe as they yelled. He then shot his eyes wide open, looking at the newcomers, seeing a glimpse of a girl with blonde hair as he barked at his comrades. He shot towards the entrance, yanking the door open as they disappeared down the hall. A few minutes later, he appeared above them upon the second floor, leaning on the rail bar with narrowed eyes. He studied the fresh meat carefully, seeing resemblences with a few of them, but his eyes frequently went back to the blonde girl he saw from earlier. Not many girls in the place had blonde hair, so he found a slight attachment of unique to her. He looked at her with a calming face, standing up and waving to his two buddies who were beside him to follow, and disappeared once more down the hall, heading to the weight room.

As Brynn searched the crowd once more, she viewed a girl with hair colored in pastels that hung as long as hers, if not longer. Tilting her head slightly, she took in the full view of her. Some pastel, some black, most likely a style she had found in a magazine. She seemed quite as scared as the others, but didn't have the hopeless view to her face. Brynn parted her bright red lips to speak, but shut them tightly as she noticed a figure from above looking down towards the hordes of people. Often, his eyes would scan the crowd but had some sort of attraction to her. She narrowed her eyes at the boy, but soon looked back to Pastel Girl, with a slightly condescending face.

Emma sighed has she stood there, how long was this going to be, her feet were starting to hurt. She looked down but felt eyes on her and looked back up. Emma quickly looked around before her view landed on a blond girl, the girl looked at her as if she was studying her. Well she looks nice Emma though and was going to wave at her but the girl turned away. She put her hand down.. ok then. She felt the eyes again but this time they looked mean. Emma gave a small stare back wondering what she even did to this girl.

Jace was stood in line waiting for the guard to say something or for something to happen but since nothing was happening he began to get bored. He looked at the room where a few moments ago they were a group playing basketball although they were gone they left the ball. So Jace looked at the guard closest to him which was one of the few guard he had some "dirt on." So Jace decided he would take advantage of this. Jace walked out of line and towards where the ones who were playing basketball were moments before. Jace shot a look at the guard nearby as in to say I knew what you don't want to become public knowledge and the guard knew Jace knew this so the guard let Jace pass and got the other guards to do the same and let Jace pass. Jace got to were the ones playing basketball were moments ago and he began to take some pot shots at the hoop.

Brynn's eyes gave her a once-over, then shut them. I am not going to be the first one to say something. I am not. No, don't do it! She felt like she was one of those cartoon characters with a devil and an angel on each shoulder, contemplating the pros and cons. Although her brain screamed otherwise, she could feel herself opening her mouth slightly. "Hey, get over here." A voice that didn't sound like hers came out, quiet, and maybe gentle? Covering her mouth, Brynn met eyes with Pastel Girl and shook her head, turning around as fast as she had spoken. Suddenly feeling angry at herself, a fire built inside her like a tower in construction; delicate and easily toppled. Fine. If Pastel Girl over there wants to talk, you show her your mistake. Be the Brynn that Jeanne Miachels knew. Paigee Oldsham? What about Marie Collins? That girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emma started to fidget, standing doing nothing was boring and she really wanted to sit down. She begin to think of what lead her here and why did she have to care about friends so much. It was pretty sad that the first time she had giving in and tried drugs with her friend, she had got caught like really. She sighed why was there so many guys here, shouldn't girl and guys be separated or something. She looked at the blond girl again, the only girl really, the blond looked very conflicted about something, hmm should she say hi or something, but wouldn't getting out of line get her in trouble. Emma took a deep breath and give a small wave and weak smile to the other girl.

The overseers came in from the hallway, a racket of tags along the sides of a metal cart. They handed each person one of them with every one having a set of three numbers on it. "These are your cards." One of the overseers said. He was a large, big man, seemingly intimidating even as he spoke leisurely. "They will be helping you get food and get a room in here. Keep these wherever." He said as he finished handing them out. "Now, welcome to hell. You're free to go, I suggest you find a block before they're all out." With that, he paused there, tens of kids running past him in every direction.

Brynn tore her eyes from the asphalt and shot a glare at the other girl, keeping her hands locked onto another to prevent waving back, or worse. A numbered card was thrown her way roughly, finding its way to Brynns hands and eventually slid into her pocket. Hordes of new inmates swarmed into the Center, probably eager to find a "good" spot to dwell in this cage, while Brynn just slowly sauntered towards the doors, her eyes cast forward and lips set into what she used to call her 'Business Smile'.

Joshua along with two of his inmates walked out of the room, their muscles flexed due to the workout they were in. Over all the people he walked through, the ones trying to squeeze through them which ended up thrown out of the way by the two hulky dudes he was with, his eyes fixed down upon the girl once more. She was taller than most of the people now, he saw that clearer, which he found unique yet again. But little did he realize he stopped, resting his side arm against the bars of a block as he just stared at her, smiling with a poisonous attract.

Emma shrink back at the girl's glare, why oh why did girls seem to hate her. She picked up a card and slowly wondered to find a room. She didn't want to get in a fight and would be happy with whatever was left after everyone got what they wanted. Her stomach growled and she hopped it was close to the time they got food. She yawn and sat waiting for everything to calm down. She didn't stand out too much, she though, I mean with my height most people could care less. She than begin to watch others and see what was going on. She pulled out a small chocolate bunny and nibbled on it smiling a little, maybe it wouldn't be so bad here right.

As she continued her sashay throughout the halls, yet again did the boy from the upper landing appear in the corner of her eye. Brynn stopped her stroll and looked to him with eyebrows raised, an expression she hoped that would relay suspicion. "What? Shouldn't you be doing something other than looking at me like some kind of prize?" Brynn said cooly. The girl took a step away from him with a glare, but didn't continue her walk forward. Perhaps the boy would have something to say, so she remained with arms crossed over her chest and eyes accusing him.

Joshua's arms folded, but then his left pulled out a flat, blade-like utensil as he began to pick his nails. "Honestly? No. I have every reason to wander about my home. I'm full, I've done cared for myself at the time, so now I think I can get a reward by looking at such a pretty young creature as yourself come into my domain." He said with a calm smile, but seeming to hide some emotion.

"And yet," Brynn countered, looking at him dead in the eyes and unfolded her hands over her chest,letting them rest at her sides. "You haven't noticed this 'pretty young creature' before. Must be out prowling for some kind of occasion, am I right?" Tilting her head to the right, she added, "And how valiant of you, to call this cage your home. What did you do to earn this 'title' of yours, petty theft?" Brynn spat, obviously offset by his determination of authority.

A soft silence grew around the people, obviously tuned in when her voice raised and challenging his authority. As she asked such a thing, Joshua accidently stabbed into his middle finger, flinching as he took it out and such the blood off the tip of the blade. "That's... that's cute." He said with a soft smile, looking up to the woman from his hands. "First off, I assure you what I've done is worse than theft." He said with a grin, noticing her offset. "I own this place." He said, leaning towards her with a hand on his chest, people looking from the second floor as he began to speak. "From the clothes you wear to the block you sleep in, the food you eat- The people! The people that do not attack you every day? Those are priveleges from me!" He stated, another step towards her as the two inmates grabbed onto his shoulders and patted his back, trying to calm him down. It worked, Joshua shaking his head as he straightened his undershirt and his pants, looking back up to her. "You are welcome, be it you thank me or not." He stated, turning and disappearing from the center halls as the trio ducked back into a hallway, seperating from eachother.

Emma heard the commotion but didn't think much of it still eating her bunny. She yawn and looked up, and saw there was a very big and mean looking boy coming down the hall. She stared at him, he looked mean but she didn't like to judge at first appearance. She finished her bunny and stretches before looking for a place. She really hopped that guy and girl were separated, because most of these guys looked scary.

The smirk lessened from her face, replaced by a look of disgust and eventually, despise. "Cocky bastard," she said to herself as the group began to leave her sight. Shaking her head and refusing to believe that some asshole and his comrades would run over Brynn Beckham like she was a weed, the girl continued her confident stride towards the now noisy cell blocks. Upon entry, she lingered by the doors, watching the kinds of people from the outside.

Within the area by the blocks, eyes continuously appeared staring at her from all the way to the third floor. Seemed like the commotion turned out to be not so well upon the thoughts of alliances. Let alone the faces the veterans had seemed like they had beef with her now.

As for Joshua, he stopped in the middle of his walk, turning to look at a small girl with pastel hair. He walked over to her side, resting his arm against the wall as he looked to her, asking as he looked away for a second. "I'm Joshua, what's your name?" For some reason opening up to her on such a rare occasion.

Emma was daydreaming when she heard a voice. For a second she though, it was her imagtion before she looked up. She looked at him wide eyed. "I'm Emma, nice to meet you." She smiles at him, he seemed nice. "Do you want some chocolate?" She pulls a small snickers and hands it to him.

Joshua looked at the Snickers bar, pulling down the piece and taking a small chunk from the bar. "Mmm, I can't remember the last time I had candy." He swallowed the bit with a brighter smile, almost too excited. "Are you hungry for some real food? I'm sure I can get us in before lunch time?" He offered as he held his hands towards the direction the cafeteria was.

She smiles and nods, she was really was hungry, this boy really was nice. Emma takes his hand and stands up. "Can you really...thank you so much, I'm pretty hungry." Maybe this place wouldn't be as bad as her friends told her, maybe she would survive this place.

Joshua smiled with a nod, heading towards the cafeteria and holding a key in front of Emma, swiping it back down after showing her it and opening the locked door. He entered the back of the kitchen, where the cooks were just getting into the kitchen. The lead cook looked at him with a stressed face. "What is it now, Joshua?" "Two burgers please?" "We don't have meat yet, Joshua." He frowned with a fake smile obviously seen. "Ohh come on now. We have some in the fridge, and I have a guest!" He waved his hands to Emma with a smile, then back to the cook. "Now, please, before I get upset." He said with a slightly pouty face. After around six minutes, the cook came out with two tiny paper plates and hamburgers that barely fitted on them. He handed the burgers to the two as he shooed them out of the kitchen, shutting the door and locking it behing them, chains heard wrapped around the handles. "See? Enjoy." He said with a smile, biting into the burger and breathing heavily out his mouth. "Ooh! It's hot!" He exclaimed with a little surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back