• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Trulane - A Fantasy RP

Ferron nodded, keeping Brutus with them for a bit before commanding him to go off and find something for them.

When Brutus returned with a rabbit, Aludra smiled. "That is not much meat, but it will surely help supplement our bread. Perhaps he shoulder get another, then he can have more too."

Ferron nodded. "Good idea. It depends on if he's feeling up to it though." He leaned down and got the rabbit from Brutus, them sent him off to fetch again after some petting.

"Oh, he may rest if he needs it, and he can have water from my canteen." While she may have acted like she merely did this because Brutus was useful, she found herself warming up to the dog. So looked at Ferron, then said in Northern, ("Can you understand me? I have been wondering if you are fluent for a while now.")

Ferron wasn't someone to show almost any emotion through conversation, but even if he had been Ferron expected her to know Northern. He could speak the language simply, something he picked up from others when they came into his shop. After a moment he spoke, ("I can speak some.")

Aludra nodded. "I see," she said in Common. She hadnt spoken Northern in quite a while, and she rather missed it. But she wouldn't alienate him by using it.

Ferron nodded, looking up at the sky. It was getting dark out, the sun dipping below the mountains in the distance. "We should probably get ready for the night." He said.

"Yeah. I'll skin the rabbits, you start the fire." They found a small brush-free area by the side of the road and set up camp.

Ferron spent his time preparing the fire, glancing over at Aludra every now and then. He convinced himself he was trying to learn how to skin an animal by watching her, and it mostly worked. Soon Brutus came back during the process and dropped the rabbit and Ferron's feet. "Got another one," He said.

Ferron nodded before petting Brutus for his good work, then motioned for Brutus to go to Aludra. He hastily ran over to her, even though she wasn't too far away, and dropped it at her feet, obviously hoping to get more praise for his deed.

Aludra smiled and pet Brutus's head. "Good hound," she said as she scratched behind his ear for a moment, then picked up the rabbit and started skinning it.

Brutus panted with his mouth open and drooling, watching her closely, waiting for any moment that he could eat. "Want me to call him away from you?" Ferron asked.

"No, he's okay," Aludra said, even though she had to admit she was surprised by that fact. She tossed Brutus a bit of the rabbit meat.

Brutus suddenly became ferocious, viciously eating the meat until he realized it was gone, then resumed his excitable teddy - bear composure.

Brutus was called back by Ferron, and he lazily went back to him, enjoying the warmth of the fire he had created. "The campfire is all set up." He told Aludra, leaning back against an old log.

"Good." She prepared the rabbits and put them in a pan from her bag, then set it on a stone right next to the fire to cook. "Food should be ready soon."

"Wonderful." Ferron said and glanced up at the sky again. Brutus eventually laid down between them. "Well, we're already done a third of the way there."

"Indeed. The tricky part will be the cave. If its up high, it will be difficult to approach. If it is in a pass, that is a challenge in and of itself," she said.

Ferron nodded, looking back at his pack with his sword on it. Was he prepared to kill people? No better time to figure out than on a quest, he supposed. "So, where'd you learn to fight?"

Aludra looked at him like he was crazy. "I thought we already established that. I was raised in the North, and not in a city." For most, that was enough explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back