• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Trulane - A Fantasy RP

"Well that might just start a coup in itself. If Cassian just starts seizing land from higher ups, simply because of an anonymous tip, people won't really like that too much. Plus, There's already a lot of people who don't like Cassian."

"He doesn't need to seize their land, just ban them from returning to the country. Or dissolving their titles, due to their extended absence from Trulane," Arryn said.

"Not likely." Alonne said. "Knowing Cameron, I'd assume he'd give away the warlord title the second they return. He's very loyal to his elders."

"That's what I've been saying this whole time." Alonne chuckled. "Cassian had given the Cross family a way to checkmate himself, and he doesn't even know it."

Arryn shrugged. "In my experience, nobles will do what they will, and it doesn't always even effect the commoners. If it effects them enough, then things change, then settle down again. Like a cycle."

"Yes. It's sad to think Cassian's about to have his last few years as king before he's dethroned. Gallium will be busted out of prison, and probably given control over Cross castle, if Caspian doesn't decide to just give him the throne."

"I don't think you give Cassian enough credit," Arryn said slowly. "Consider not only his standing armies, but the strongholds to the South and West. Not to mention, the Northern elves adore him because he instated protective laws for them, and they say that in battle, a single elf is worth fifty men."

"He may hit a roadblock for the elves, but Caspian hasn't given them any problems in the past. I doubt they'll try anything against him."

Arryn shook her head. "If Cassian calls on them, they will fight. Not if it's just Caspian being a bad lord, but if he tries to overthrow the King, the elves will fight." She didn't elaborate on how she could be so sure of this. "The dwarves also look upon the king with favor. Like the elves they tend to stay out of politics... Well, unless it affects their industrialism."

"Well if Caspian is smart, he'd let the elves and the dwarves in on his plan, with a hint that they'll be given better treatment or higher standards of living than Cassian gave them."

Arryn shook her head. "I doubt it. Both races are very much loyalists. But enough of this talk. You're sure that Callum is Ferron's brother?"

"A hundred percent. I was there when the lad was born! We were all close knit, the three of our families. We drifted when Gallium started to let the power go to his head. Dante even tried getting Will hack from him, but Gallium wouldn't hand him over. That ended our alliance."

Ferron had a calculated look, thinking hard as he stared down Alonne to see if he was joking. After a bit, he said, "Well, thank you for the meal, Sir Alonne. It was wonderful." He stood up slowly, and motioned for Arryn to do the same.

Ferron said a quick goodbye as he left, and when he got outside, he breathed heavily, leaning over a bit as he tried to concentrate.

Ferron tried to just breathe for a bit, and eventually said, "I just... how did he live? I thought the demon..." He tried catching his breath.

Ferron tried to just breathe for a bit, and eventually said, "I just... how did he live? I thought the demon..." He tried catching his breath.

Arryn reached out and touched his arm lightly, trying to help him get more oxygen in his lungs so he wouldn't hyperventilate as badly. "Maybe the demon only killed those who were burned? Only those it revived? I don't know, love, but it's okay."

Ferron kept breathing heavy, and after a bit, collapsed to his knees, his hand inching up towards his throat. "I need - I need air."

Arryn knelt in the snow facing him, and took one of his hands in hers, trying to use her magic to make his lungs feel better and lessen the amount of adrenaline in his system. "Just breathe, love, look at me, see how I'm breathing? Deeo and slow? Try to copy me, okay? Breathe with me."

Ferron looked up at Arryn, trying to breathe deep and slow like she told him to. It helped, along with her magic, and soon began breathing steady again.

Arryn didn't trust that he wouldn't relapse, and just slowly breathed with him for a while, then reached out to tenderly brush back his hair. "Little better?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back