• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Troll Society - Alternia

TripTripleTimes

Tripping Time
So Im wondering if there are people who are intrested in rping a Homestuck Troll kind of a setting. I'm more intrested in rping adult trolls, so if we rp a space setting be cool. We can make a planet that the troll have colonize if ppl don't want to a space rp.

No real ideas are made, just curious if ppl wanna do a non-SBURG/SGRUB homestuck rp. (I missed them homestuck rp back in the MSPA forum lol)

I'd totally be down for this. I've always preferred to RP as adult trolls instead of younger trolls.

Question though, are these going to be the canon trolls or fantrolls? I actually do prefer the idea of making some fantrolls and having some drama/adventure/normal troll life/etc plots for this. ;u;

(Plus, I have this really grumpy mountain troll that I'd love to use.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please no canon. I really want to use this as an opprotunity to use a new fantroll, seeing as my last and first, has gotten out of hand. Her story line is so convoluted and crap I need a restart.

Just fantroll. I never like the idea of playing canon characters. Plus, i like the idea of the ppl expanding the known world with their characters.

I dont think a person need to be up-to-date with homestuck to rp in here. Just basic information about the Troll society and culture is all we really need. But because some of the infomation about Trolls really in the open, and headcanons may be different from person to person, we can talk about topics when the subject comes up in the OOC, and hopefully the players will come to a mutual understanding and continue to rp without much conflict.

And shots, @Primrose i too have a mountain troll xD

Ah, anyone wants to be the Host/GM for this rp? I'm not the best GM out there, to be honest. Im more of the "put the idea out there and run away if things shits up a storm" kind of a person, welp.

Ahhh good. I feel the same way when it comes to canon. It's been a little while since I RP'd fantrolls and I'm really excited to be doing it again now! (I'll be using old and new characters.)

I'm not good at being a GM. I hosted an RP once. I couldn't manage it well, people disappeared and I didn't know what to do next, but I'd happily give out some plot points and what our characters could do. I prefer Rps where everyone contributes to the plot.

But before we go in, I think it would be good to know if our characters know each other or not. We can have relationships made before the RP, or everyone will meet within the RP somehow.

I'll open up the GM offer a little while longer. Until tomorrow?

Im used to rps where the ppl just do whatever, but the gm has a vague story for the players to follow and do. Usually, relationship are built during the rp, but i have seen characters with pre-built connection with others. Ppl here can do that if they like here. @Primrose, maybe your mountain troll and mine have met before?

I think we should establish a setting too. I would like the rp to be in a spaceship. That way, it would limite where everyone are and the characters would have a higher chance to interact. The ship could visit planets of all kinds and they can even have fights with aliens and stuff. What do you guys think?

This is just throwing an idea out there, but what if they were fugitives? From the sounds of things, a ridiculously wide variety of actions are considered capital offenses on Alternia, and it would generate a lot of ready-made conflict.

Alces said:
This is just throwing an idea out there, but what if they were fugitives? From the sounds of things, a ridiculously wide variety of actions are considered capital offenses on Alternia, and it would generate a lot of ready-made conflict.
Nah, whenever I make a character when I rp with them, everything that happens to them is cannon to their timeline and carries into other rps, I wouldn't want to start out as a wanted fugitive...

I can be GM, I'll make a shipping wall that you can follow or break if needed. As for the setting, spaceship is good but I feel its a little to small. I like the idea of being on multiple random planets though.

Alces said:
That sounds fun, but i think for now most people want to start fresh without the added conflit. But maybe see how the rp will go?

TerrinX said:
I can be GM, I'll make a shipping wall that you can follow or break if needed. As for the setting, spaceship is good but I feel its a little to small. I like the idea of being on multiple random planets though.
Aww nice! For the GM and shipping wall xD

I would have thought that a spaceship would be big of a setting. I was imagening a ship like the one from Wall-E or a star cruiser like in Starwars. It could be like a flying city or a country!

(I have no real idea with sci-fi, welp)

TripTripleTimes said:
That sounds fun, but i think for now most people want to start fresh without the added conflit. But maybe see how the rp will go?
Aww nice! For the GM and shipping wall xD

I would have thought that a spaceship would be big of a setting. I was imagening a ship like the one from Wall-E or a star cruiser like in Starwars. It could be like a flying city or a country!

(I have no real idea with sci-fi, welp)
Id rather have them away from other trolls

Perhaps they could be the crew of a large spaceship used for transportation? That way they could either have passengers but maintain some distance from them or not have any passengers at the moment for some reason.

TerrinX said:
Id rather have them away from other trolls
Them as in our characters? If so, ohhhh. I didn't understood it at first. If it works than sure! Go for it. I was just thinking we might needed npcs to run the ship.

I like the transportation ship @Alces mention.

The thing about setting the place on a planet, im worried about, is that i think it's too big of a setting. the GM would have to work extras to create a setting and characters could have started from all over the place and might be hard to brings them all together and interact. Some characters may have jobs that would limite their chance to meet those unrelated to that career. I just worry alot, ahaha, but if the GM can manage with whatever they throw out there and players just go along, then all mean sure~ Go for it.

Wouldn't it be a bit difficult to have our characters on a planet while still away from other trolls? Unless, of course, they're somewhere very remote, but that in itself would limit the setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it would be hard for us to get together, unless we had something like the Pesterlog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back