• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Tribute to Ambrose A Vampire RP

Interested in a classic tale of noble vampires and lowly human serfs?

• Heck yeah, sign me up!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm definitely interested in seeing where it goes!

• Sounds interesting, but not sure about joining yet.

• Eh, not really my piece of cake.

• No thanks, not really interested.

• Total voters

Tyra

Socially Awkward Jelly Bean
Hey hey everyone, Tyra here. c: I've been quite absent from RpNation for quite some time now due to school, work, and other personal things that have been going on in my life. However, visiting the site again last week got me pokin' around, reviving the roleplay spirit within. I also decided to browse through all the old roleplays I was a part of that have long since gone out of commission, and came across one that really stuck out to me. I have to say it was one of my favorite...no, was my favorite roleplay of all time here on RpNation, "Ambrose A Vampire Rp". It was my favorite because it took the classic vampire-human relationship roleplay and gave it a bit of a twist, making it fun and interesting. And it broke my heart to see it all dusty and covered in cobwebs. I tried to get in contact with the original creator of the roleplay, but sadly she has not been seen on the site since 2012, and I am not sure if she will ever return. I have also tried to get in contact with several of the original players but so far have had no luck with them either. :c Therefore, I've decided to try and recreate the roleplay as a tribute to the original, all credit to the lovely original creator, @Xx\-Katherine\-xX

Looking forward to hearing all your thoughts on this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Added more information from the original roleplay's setting/lore. Bump.

Yay! One person on board! :D Let's see if we can get a couple more interested souls.~

I wasn't apart of the old Play but all the lore and detail makes me very interested in where this could go!

Awesome, two passengers on board now. :) If we can get a just couple more people, I think we could give this rp a successful reboot!

This looks like a pretty good idea to me! Consider me interested.

The only (potential) issue is that, because I work full time, I may not be able to be as active as other people. But if you don't mind, absolutely, count me in!

Oh my gosh, I'm so happy we're finally getting some people! :) Glad to see we've got another interested player and we'll be glad to have you, @Okami !

This looks really cool and fun, If you're still accepting people I would love to join. I am not sure if werewolves would be a good idea. I love werewolves as much as the next person, but I'm worried it might get a little complicated. Also if allowed I would prefer only making one character, a serf, but I am fine making two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, which is why right now I said no werewolves currently. The only reason I was taking it into consideration was because the last rp, we got to a point where we needed a new plot and were considering werewolves. So it may be an option later on if we need it, but definitely for now we'll keep it to just vampires and serfs.

Glad to see you're interested! As far as only making one character, it just depends on how even our numbers are in vampires/serfs and male/female.

If everyone who's interested could post the species and gender of character(s) they would plan on making here in this thread, that would be great since I would be able to get an idea of where we stand on evenness. @SpectroVector , @Masks of Ayn , @Okami , @myk9ma

My first question is where the plot would lead in general? I'm super interested but a mundane plot of collecting a serf and feeding everyday isn't very... exciting, you know?

In all honesty I like the idea of adding werewolves, could create another region where they rule instead of vampires and werewolves are getting greedy and trying to take the vampire land? (But that's just me, lol) ... or something like that...

I planned on making 2 vampire, if that's even allowed. 1 male and 1 female.

If not I could make 2 female characters 1 vamp, 1 serf...

I'll make whatever we need to keep everything balanced. Females, males, sentient rocks... it doesn't really matter to me, aha. I figure I'll let everyone else pick and then build my characters around what we need.

[QUOTE="Masks of Ayn]In all honesty I like the idea of adding werewolves, could create another region where they rule instead of vampires and werewolves are getting greedy and trying to take the vampire land? (But that's just me, lol)

[/QUOTE]
It's not just you! I think it would make for good conflict; it wouldn't necessarily have to be right away.

@Masks of Ayn[/URL] , that is a very good point to bring up. Before I start this reboot, I'd like to brainstorm with the players to come up with potential plot options, since that does seem to be an ongoing problem in roleplays and why most die so quickly. So if anyone has any ideas to add, that would be fantastic! Following along the first roleplay, the vampires would all be around the same age, reaching their hundredth birthday, in which there is a coming of age celebration/ceremony that they would all attend. Unfortunately I can't get a hold of the original creator of the rp, who probably had the most plot ideas, so bear with me here as we're going to have to take the plotline into our own hands.

Current Plot Points

~Coming of Age Ceremony

~Kingdom tensions between vampires and lycans

~Lycan attacks/war

Tyra said:
Exactly, which is why I'm definitely keeping werewolves as a plot option, though don't want to use up all plot ideas all at once in the beginning. As to your other question, @Masks of Ayn , that is a very good point to bring up. Before I start this reboot, I'd like to brainstorm with the players to come up with potential plot options, since that does seem to be an ongoing problem in roleplays and why most die so quickly. So if anyone has any ideas to add, that would be fantastic! Following along the first roleplay, the vampires would all be around the same age, reaching their hundredth birthday, in which there is a coming of age celebration/ceremony that they would all attend. Unfortunately I can't get a hold of the original creator of the rp, who probably had the most plot ideas, so bear with me here as we're going to have to take the plotline into our own hands.
Well, it may sound silly but the idea of ((non dice btw when I state this , I don't understand the concept xD )) of making "plot objectives"

ex. All coming of age vampires choose their serf and ... plot twist, 1 serf (person who desires mission first name goes here) tries to escape.

Or some thing, I like going with the flow as much as everyone but I've been having the sad realization people fall out of plays very rapidly on this site. Anyways...

I disgress, you answered my on coming question, but is there no plan to have an already ... delegated system of older vampires to run things or help lead things? So like... any older vamps than 100 whatsoever?

Maybe something could be a twist of events and an older vampire's serf dies from an unknown disease, (It is the 1500s after all, the plague perhaps?) And they need to acquire a new serf? (Or they die and that's a reason they aren't included. Call me gruesome)

I just imagine a bunch of 18 year old immortal (go the most part) children running around like they rule the world.

Which reminds me to ask is this typical Dracula era where they can't walk in the sunlight or more new age Vampire Diaries (big old no to sparkling vampires here) where if you have a magical ring or pendant you can "day walk"?

Or hey, maybe that's a plot!? "Find the truth to the legend a vampire can walk in the sun..."

Or something...

[QUOTE="Masks of Ayn]Well, it may sound silly but the idea of ((non dice btw when I state this , I don't understand the concept xD )) of making "plot objectives"
ex. All coming of age vampires choose their serf and ... plot twist, 1 serf (person who desires mission first name goes here) tries to escape.

Or some thing, I like going with the flow as much as everyone but I've been having the sad realization people fall out of plays very rapidly on this site. Anyways...

I disgress, you answered my on coming question, but is there no plan to have an already ... delegated system of older vampires to run things or help lead things? So like... any older vamps than 100 whatsoever?

Maybe something could be a twist of events and an older vampire's serf dies from an unknown disease, (It is the 1500s after all, the plague perhaps?) And they need to acquire a new serf? (Or they die and that's a reason they aren't included. Call me gruesome)

I just imagine a bunch of 18 year old immortal (go the most part) children running around like they rule the world.

Which reminds me to ask is this typical Dracula era where they can't walk in the sunlight or more new age Vampire Diaries (big old no to sparkling vampires here) where if you have a magical ring or pendant you can "day walk"?

Or hey, maybe that's a plot!? "Find the truth to the legend a vampire can walk in the sun..."

Or something...

[/QUOTE]
Oh no no, I think plot objectives are a FANTASTIC idea! :) Thanks for speaking up. And no, I didn't mean to bottle-neck all the characters into one age, I apologize. There could certainly be an older vampire who had lost his/her serf and thus needed to restart the bonding process to another serf. He/She could also serve as possibly an elder at the coming of age party for the younger vampires as well.

And yes, I assume that there is a king and queen along with a high council that leads this kingdom. As I said before, I am not the original creator of the roleplay so I'm only going off what information the creator left behind. Thus we do also have the power to change some things that we don't like also. As far as walking in the sunlight, that was just another thing that was left vague so now's the time to clarify and decide what we want. I personally like the idea of not getting burned in the sun, but that the sun serves as causing illness if they're out in it too long. It begins with fatigue then slowly progresses to becoming deadly the longer they're in the sun, in which they will need darkness and to feed as soon as possible to help recover from the "sun sickness". But that's just me, I'm open to other suggestions too. xD

As I also said before, be free to throw out ideas! The more the merrier! :D

Okay so let's see here. We have:

Tyra: 1 female serf, 1 male vampire

Masks of Ayn: 1 female vampire, 1 male vampire

myk9ma: 1 female serf, 1 male serf

SpectroVector: 1 female serf

So altogether we have:

2 male vampires

1 female vampire

3 female serfs

1 male serf

So in order for things to be even, we need at least one more vampire. And if we want even male/female pairings, the vampire would have to be male. It doesn't have to be a male/female pairing for a vampire and his/her serf though, it's purely preference of the players, though it does tend to be common practice in society to have a serf of the opposite gender.

Important information about bonding between vampires and serfs: Vampire children are able to feed from their parents' serfs until they come of age and their bodies require a bond to a serf of their own. It is a very difficult and painful process for a vampire to bond with a new serf. The older a vampire gets, the harder it is for him/her to rebond with another serf. The body goes through withdrawl from the specific blood of his/her original serf and often rejects the new blood, causing illness until it finally adapts. Sometimes adaption even fails, leaving animal blood as the only option. Animal blood almost acts like a pseudo-blood in that vampires cannot bond to animals; thus, it will provide the specific nutrients needed for the vampire to live, but just barely and in a constant state of malnutrition. However, serfs can receive venom from any vampire to halt the aging process, which is why plantations work. The plantation vampires only administer venom to the serfs there, they do not draw blood.

Tyra said:
So in order for things to be even, we need at least one more vampire. And if we want even male/female pairings, the vampire would have to be male.
I guess I'll take that role. I would have liked to make more than one character, but I get the need for balance. Can't win 'em all, yeah? (But if there's room later, I might like to make an additional character or two...)

So in that case, would anybody mind if I played the older vampire who had lost his serf?

Also just chiming in to say I liked the idea that @Masks of Ayn had earlier, about an attempted escape. It could be interesting.

Okami said:
I guess I'll take that role. I would have liked to make more than one character, but I get the need for balance. Can't win 'em all, yeah? (But if there's room later, I might like to make an additional character or two...)
So in that case, would anybody mind if I played the older vampire who had lost his serf?

Also just chiming in to say I liked the idea that @Masks of Ayn had earlier, about an attempted escape. It could be interesting.
You can make more than one character if you'd like, @Okami . :) If we can get maybe one more player in the roleplay, then things would be just about perfect! Don't want to stifle that creativity, so don't give up yet! I probably would only want to accept one more person max for right now, since I'd like to keep it semi-private and be able to keep the rp moving instead of dragging through the mud waiting for a ton of players to respond.

And nope, I don't care if you want to take that roll. Perfectly fine with me. I also think my serf might be a perfect candidate for a beginning escape attempt. xD Fits right in with her stubborn personality.

Tyra said:
You can make more than one character if you'd like, @Okami . :) If we can get maybe one more player in the roleplay, then things would be just about perfect! Don't want to stifle that creativity, so don't give up yet!
I'm not giving up! If somebody else wants to join with an odd number of characters, I'll go ahead and build another so we can stay balanced. I won't complain or force anybody to make another character just because I'd like to have more. There's always later, haha.

I kinda wanted my two serfs to be twins, I think that would be a kinda cool idea. Maybe after they meet their vampires they sneak out every now and then to see each other.

This looks pretty cool! A question though, would I be able to create a 'rebellious' human, as in a human who had escaped and fights against the vampires? In addition to my vampire and serf, of course.

I was going to start working on the basics of my character if that okay. Is there anyting I need to follow or is it just basics like age, appearance, and a bio/background?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back