• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
That last one that's struck out is not to be included, it's just a bad dad level joke. I run a channel in our discord that's specifically meant to irritate my oldest friend, the player for Kuridin ironically, with bad puns and Dad jokes. The disease eventually rubs off on you. I'll take a look at some of the other suggestions as time permits.

Edit: I'm liable to be highly distracted for the next few days when I'm home. We've got an old dog with some health issues and we're trying to get some help for him.

Last edited:
I'm holding out hope but it's not looking good. This one is a true good boy if there ever was one, so I want to make sure we do right by him.

Hopefully things will work out. At the moment, we have a very sick kitty that I am afraid is not going to pull through. My kids will be very upset if she passes, but I try to reassure myself and them that she has had a very long happy kitty life, and while it hurts to say goodbye, it has to happen eventually.

Yeah, I'm just gonna miss him to death if it comes to that. He's been with us 11 years or so, and he's always been a happy go lucky bark box.

In hindsight, I think trying to power through the part where the party split was where pace became unrestrained. The intent was to bring focus back to the others outside the prison, but I think the excitement got the better of me. I did not intend for that to happen.
My problem was that I was under the impression that I told you in as many words to not do that. On two separate occasions. I even said in as many words: "If this keeps up, I'm going to have to quit the game, so please stop doing it." And you you just doubled down on doing it.

Hopefully things will work out. At the moment, we have a very sick kitty that I am afraid is not going to pull through. My kids will be very upset if she passes, but I try to reassure myself and them that she has had a very long happy kitty life, and while it hurts to say goodbye, it has to happen eventually.
Aw :< I'm so sorry.

Thank you. Hopefully she'll pull through. The kitty is only 13, so she could have many good years left to her.

I've never been a cat owner, but my blood brother is. It's the same bond, and if y'all are as heartbroken as we are right now I hope all of you can find comfort in knowing how loved your pet is, and how precious those memories you made with her are. It hurts to think of them, but they can't be taken away so easily.

I'll say this is my second round at what could be a final goodbye, and it's not any easier. Our first dog, which we got from the same breeder, was special too. Each of them finds a distinct place in our hearts for what makes them who we raised and loved for so long.

I am sorry Thief of Words Thief of Words . I've felt bad about quite a few games I watched/left to die before, and I found a new way to fuck up. I've been reckless in my actions, and I didn't intend to cause more/different problems. If the Lunars game is something you want to participate in, I am more than happy to step aside. If we want to consign the nation aspect of the game as a mere backdrop we churn details out for in OOC channels (like I'd thought we'd lean toward as the Mandate of Heaven mechanics are horrifying to attempt to grapple with) during actual adventures to advance the characters motivations, I'm on board for that too. I merely assembled this as a personally preferred alternative for developing characters toward their motivations without a blitzkrieg of the Imperial Manse.

I'm sorry y'all, but I'm in some deep rl shit right now, and I'm gonna have to step away from this game as well. Got too much on my plate, and I can't keep up with the posts.

I'm sorry y'all, but I'm in some deep rl shit right now, and I'm gonna have to step away from this game as well. Got too much on my plate, and I can't keep up with the posts.
Sorry to see you go. I will have to evaluate the game now, to see what path we can take with just three players in it. I will go ahead and open this up in a interest check to see if we can't get some more players in here.

Sorry to see you go. I will have to evaluate the game now, to see what path we can take with just three players in it. I will go ahead and open this up in a interest check to see if we can't get some more players in here.
Just to give you a heads up, I've been talking to my brother about this RP quite a bit, and he's expressed interest in joining if room opened for another player. He's played countless games IRL with me so I know he could do a good job with it and I would be willing to vouch for him. Is that something you'd be open to?

Absolutely. I will welcome him in. Have him let me know what kind of Exalt he'd like to play, and I can get his points and stuff together for him.

The four free specialities I get, would one of them count for a +2 speciality if used in a caste/favored ability?

Hmmm, that's a good question. I just treated it as 4 straight specialty points, with no regards to caste/favored bonuses. And then additionally purchased specialties would be able to apply the benefits of caste/favored. I'm not sure if that was actually the intent or not though, I'm sure Sherwood will be able to clarify it for 'ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back