• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood

Is an attack considered parried if it matches the Parry DV? Would a 12 DV block a 12 attack?

And for the purpose of calculation. Does the Demom have a Valor of less than 5?

Well so is Ragnar.

Is Malfean Iron considered breakable for purposes of feats of destruction and not considered magical in that it bars charms from destroying it?

It is basically the Magical Material of the demon world, and is unbreakable like other artifact weapons.

Yay! But do they normally get taken out so I know for next time? Lol forum style seems to make the timing of charm use a little tricky.

Sherwood Sherwood

Then I shall default to yes unless you offer other.

Now! Planning for my attack. I will be using hammer on iron Technique.

My first attack of it will be a Clinch.

Would I be able to roll for the clinch to see if it fails or succeeds before deciding on the other attacks?

And if it does succeed, do I need to roll to control the clinch for each attack?

And do i need to pay for a combo to use multiple reflexive charms in the same action?

Ok, a clinch is a Speed 6 Accuracy 0 Rate 1 attack. It can be dodged or parried normally, and inflicts no damage if it hits. It can be a part of a Flurry. If it does not hit, the attacker's ineffectual pawing does nothing. If the attack hits, he seizes his opponent in a clinch and controls it.

For as long as a character maintains a Clinch, he can do nothing else without a Flurry, and must use every subsequent action to renew the clinch. Without a stunt or magic, he cannot block or dodge. The held opponent cannot block or dodge either as per the inactive status. When renewing the clinch, reroll the [Strength or Dexterity] + Martial Arts of the aggressor, reflexively resisted by the victim's same pool. The winner controls the clinch.

So. Once I roll control for the clinch, I control it for the action. So would not have to roll for each subsequent attack during that action.

Correct. But it does make you vulnerable to attack from other sources while you are grappling. And just a heads up; this demon is stronger than you are. You will have trouble maintaining a clinch for long.

Well. I could easily get a clinch roll to 32, without channeling or stunts.

But I would only bet a third of those to succeed.

And if it cant block or parry, and its piercing. Could do some serious maiming.

Perhaps use the final attack as a throw to end the grapple.

But I can see your point on danger.

Sherwood Sherwood

Ooh! What happens, if one were to send an enemy flying into another enemy. Would that damage both enemies or some other effect? With the size of that guy, would they both go flying?

Well. I got a charm to send an opponent flying.

And they fly for each die of presoak. Then take a die of damage upon impact for every yard they did not fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back