• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Tri-Nation Point] War Song

Mentions: Holyhalo Holyhalo Solirus Solirus Darkbloom Darkbloom Sepokku Sepokku saxon saxon
OOC: Holyhalo skip 4. solirus skip 1, saxon skip 1. Make final posts. The party has saved the festival and perhaps the local region becoming local heroes in the eyes of the sage, beastman, and the battlefield fae among any others that know of their effort.
Time: evening clear sky
Weather: gentle summer breeze
Cooldown:
TLDR: Old beastman leaves the barriier (by force if needed) and sings to the undead with the aid of the party and puts them to rest.
Post Listening:

Tri-Nation Point - Old Battlefield

1687834130782-png.1097490

At the mouth of the cave, the ancient Beastman samurai cast a long, mournful gaze toward the glistening barrier erected by the priestess, Eris. The priestess's magic was undoubtedly powerful, and there was a certain comfort to be found within the translucent confines of her light cathedral. Yet, his honor and duty lay beyond the barrier, in the night-soaked battlefield that housed his fallen brethren. The faint whispers of their unrest called to him, a silent plea that tugged at his warrior's heart.

He felt the touch of Sant's magic, a soothing balm that seeped into his old, battered body, knitting together worn muscles and rekindling the fire of his youthful strength. The tick-tock of time magic, the rhythm of Echo's spear against her shield, and the eerie sound invoked by Thomas— it all swirled around him, blending into a symphony that stirred his spirit. A song of valor and brotherhood echoed within him, reverberating through his every fiber and spurring him into action.

The samurai stepped forward, stepping through Eris's barrier and into the cold night beyond. As he moved, his voice raised in the song of his people, a haunting melody that resonated with the sounds from the party's own attempts to mimic the Beastman's chant. The once-weary samurai now stood tall, the song of his kin ringing out into the night, challenging the ominous tide of undead sweeping across the field.

The effect was almost immediate. The horde slowed, their relentless advance faltering as the song echoed over them. The vile purple glow that clung to the undead like a cloak of malice began to wane, replaced by a light that was pure and white. One by one, the undead started to fade, their spectral forms dissolving into the night until nothing remained but the quiet whispers of the wind.

Once the last of the undead faded away, the samurai turned back toward the cave. There was a new light in his eyes, gratitude mingling with the echo of ancient sorrows. With a deep, respectful bow, he thanked the party. Their courage and assistance had not only saved him but had also finally given his fallen comrades the peace they so long deserved. "Thank you," he murmured, his voice a raw scrape of relief and gratitude against the silence of the night.

1688798591954-png.1100487

Thomas is glad to have assisted saving the town with the help of the others. But now he must look for a way to move on. Perhaps going to adventuring school would be a good start. Perhaps learn how to speak the fae language. He goes around to each of the party members, saying things like "Well done", "Good luck in your future travels", "Maybe we'll team up again". He doesn't know for sure where everyone else is going, so he truly wishes them all well wherever that will be. Lastly, he turns his head to look at Echo, who stirred the samurai from his seat to help the party put the ghosts to rest. She contributed the most in his opinion. He wondered what to say in parting, standing a distance away until he figured he had to start with something. He gets into Echo's line of sight and walks to where she is, greeting with a small wave. "Congratulations. You had a big part in saving this little town, dare I say maybe the biggest part in our party other than the samurai. I wouldn't have picked up on where he was resting, so that was pretty good too. I'm not going to stay for long, so I was just going to say I wish you good luck in whatever you end up doing in the future. Who knows, maybe I'll see you again someday." He gives a faint but pained smile, knowing that walking away will be the hardest part. "I'm going to go somewhere I know I can improve my magic and learn new spells. After all, time is on my side." He quietly laughs until the feeling fades away. "Well, I'd best be going." He slowly turns around and starts walking away, with each step increasingly difficult to take. Goodbye... it was on the tip of his tongue but he couldn't bring himself to say it. It felt so final, like they would never meet again. However, maybe they would meet again. A few days, a few months, a few years. One day for sure.

Holyhalo Holyhalo Solirus Solirus Novama Novama Sepokku Sepokku saxon saxon

crop.jpg

Eris watched as the Samurai walked out of the barrier as the others continued to tap to beats and recreating sounds. Once the Samurai started his work with the spirits and the spirits left Eris dropped her barrier. She looked around waiting to hear some kind of sound though there was none besides the wind. The town at least is saved, though I do wonder why it wasn't a problem until now? If this festival wasn't new then why did it only become a problem now? Eris thought to herself for a moment before scratching her chin. When that didn't work she twirled some of her silver hair around her finger but to no avail.

When the Samurai thanked them Eris stepped out from the mouth of the cave to join him as she approached she bowed to the old warrior.
"Maybe you have the answer to this question, it only just dawned on me. Why were the spirits so angry to cause a problem now? This festival seems to have been held several times. The whole thing doesn't make any sense unless something changed from then until now. Would you happen to know what that change was?" Eris inquired as she looked into the warrior's eyes, she was glad that the situation had been solved but there were still things that lingered that needed answers.

After another moment she let out a small sigh as a childish grin appeared back on her face. "You know, your comrades might be gone and that age has come and gone. But even the your souls deserves its rest. Book of the Begining Verse 1-8, Those joined by body and soul shall never know the sorrow of loneliness, nor shall they be without one another. For the cycle will continue and will fear not for you shall find one another in the next cycle for that my children, I promise you. Or more simply put, I hope that you are reunited with your friends in the next life," she explained with a smiled on her face as she righted herself and returned to the group as Thomas was congratulating everyone.

"If you're looking for magic and where to study it, I would recommend the Ryken Academy. They study all sorts of things there and magic is one of them. Should anyone of you find yourselves in the Holy See Capital look for the Holfeel Basilica visitors are always welcome," Eris concluded as she bowed again to the rest of the group.

Mentions: Novama Novama Darkbloom Darkbloom Solirus Solirus Holyhalo Holyhalo Sepokku Sepokku

• Consecrated Ground - Barrier F, Selective Magic F, Magic E, Magic Range F, Magic Area of Effect F, Spell Duration F, Religion E, Divine Affinity F, Healing E - The ground within 10 feet of the point selected become sacred ground for 1 hour. The caster erects a barrier; it takes the form of a church, and allies with minor wounds are healed or prolonged from death. While the caster can select those, who can pass through the barrier. - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown 1/1

Sant

Sant was mesmerized as the warrior played his part in the song and the horde faded away peacefully. Things had ended in more than a positive note this night and as such Sant felt relaxed and refreshed, yet a feeling of fulfillment washed over his spirit. Though perhaps small, Sant had contributed some part to the events that had taken place this day, yet he felt he could do more.

There was nothing more to be done this night, Sant gave an equally deep bow to the warrior before turning to the rest of the party, "Fare you all well." Sant spoke before turning around and walking off. He did not plan on attending the festival, he was never one for social gatherings or celebrations, but he was glad that it would not be struck by disaster. Besides Sant still wished to explore these new lands with the wind has his humble guide. Who knew where it would lead him.

Feeling immensely satisfied with herself for the job well done, Echo put a fist on her hip and let out a silent and well-deserved chortle. The only thing dampening her mood was the fact that the Beastman's baying excuse for a War Song had reminded her of her Hound in her past life; which left her feeling slightly homesick. Perhaps she would look into getting a war hound, which surely existed somewhere in this world. She bid the Samurai farewell, putting the shield back where she had found it; well, putting it back in the pile of relics, close(ish) to where she had found it.

As the rest of her party said their final goodbyes, including the Priestess's evangelizing, Echo noticed everyone seemed to be going their separate ways. She supposed the job was over, and most parties did only last a single bounty. Still though... Fishing rations out of her bag, she took a slab of hardtack and then grabbed a piece of cheese to flavor it, popping the barely palatable snack into her mouth as she slung her spear across her back.

"Should anyone of you find yourselves in the Holy See Capital look for the Holfeel Basilica visitors are always welcome."

The hairs on the back of Echo's neck stood up, she was most definitely NOT welcome in the Holfeel Basilica, not after last time; Eris didn't need to know that though. She put both her hands together and said a small prayer for the chaplain she had been thrown out of the temple with; she wondered what had happened to him.

She mirrored the priestess's bow, perhaps only slightly mockingly, then turned to watch as Thomas walked away. His gait seemed to drag at points, slowing down as he walked. Perhaps he had forgotten something? Turning to Sant, she gave him a short curtsy, it had felt odd bowing anyways, and then turned to run after Thomas. Grabbing her notebook, she flipped it to one of the pages that already had writing on it and showed it to him, "Where to next?"

tl;dr - Echo says her goodbyes, following Thomas away from Tri-Point
Mentions: Novama Novama Holyhalo Holyhalo @Ian Temero Darkbloom Darkbloom Solirus Solirus

Last edited:
While he was walking, he tried to keep the negative thoughts out of his head. Just when he was about to give up and let the negative thoughts win, he heard footsteps running behind him and then there she was, inquiring with a written question where he was going. A full range of emotions hit Thomas then, from disbelief to surprise, from sorrow to joy, until he finally settled with a smile and replied "We are going somewhere that can benefit both of us. The grand Logia Academy!" The gentle breeze of the evening sky makes his hair sway slightly, a sign of (probably) good times ahead. "To be honest, I didn't know what you were going to do. Which is why I am profoundly happy to have you join me. At least I won't be completely alone in the academy." The stars appeared to be much brighter tonight when Thomas looked up at them, the moon casting a glow over the land.

Novama Novama Holyhalo Holyhalo Sepokku Sepokku Solirus Solirus

Mentions: Holyhalo Holyhalo Solirus Solirus Darkbloom Darkbloom Sepokku Sepokku saxon saxon
OOC: Holyhalo skip 4. solirus skip 1, saxon skip 1. the end. thanks for sticking it out. Grades coming soon.
TLDR: the end
Post Listening:

Tri-Nation Point - Old Battlefield

1687834130782-png.1097490

As the last vestiges of the party faded into the early morning light, the elderly beastman samurai stood alone. His heavy gaze lingered over the battlefield-turned-graveyard, where he and his newfound allies had fought the spirits of his fallen brethren. Their haunting specters had been returned to peaceful rest, their ire quelled by the samurai's heartrending song. A faint smile tugged at his weathered lips, as he pulled an old instrument from some of his piled belongings. His furred hands slowly caressing the strings of his shamisen one final time, echoing a requiem for the warriors who had finally found their reprieve.

Meanwhile, invisible to the mortal eye, the battlefield fae spirit flitted about in the twilight. A spectral entity linked to the land and the ebb and flow of the mortal conflicts, it reveled in the aftermath of the conflict. It reveled not in the carnage, but in the resolution, the spirit attuned to the quieter echoes of honor, bravery, and sacrifice that still hummed through the earth. The faint purple glow of its ethereal form shimmered like a living lantern, absorbing and retaining the heroic tale that had been woven this night.

In the heart of Tri-Nation Point Town, the sage watched from the shadows, a knowing twinkle in his aged eyes. His fingers traced the faint lines of a weathered map, marking the events of the night and the paths of the departed adventurers. He bore witness to their valiant efforts from his secluded perch, his wisdom steeping him in the understanding of the invisible ties that had drawn them together and would, perhaps, cross their paths once more in the intricate tapestry of fate.

Down in the town itself, the festival continued in blissful ignorance. The merry music and jovial laughter filled the air, innocent of the near-tragedy that had been averted. The citizens reveled under the starlit canopy, their hearts light and spirits high. Paper lanterns illuminated joyous faces, while the smell of roasting meats and sweet pastries wafted through the narrow streets. The town continued its time-honored tradition, an island of festive light amidst the darkness, oblivious to the solemn vigil being kept on its outskirts.

As the sun began its ascent, the first rays of dawn cast long shadows, the fading echoes of the night's events lingering like a memory. The party, the old samurai, the spectral fae, the quiet sage, and the oblivious town - all were characters in a story told under the canopy of the night, their paths entwined by fate. As dawn broke, it promised a new day, a new story. And yet, the echoes of the past remained, imprinted on the fabric of time, waiting for their tales to be revisited.

The End

1688798591954-png.1100487

1687834550736-png.1097491

1686887272505-png.1094853

Isekai Hell Grade

Novama Novama Darkbloom Darkbloom Holyhalo Holyhalo Sepokku Sepokku Solirus Solirus saxon saxon

Saved a town, put long term wounds to rest, and made friends to move forward with into other projects. A great starting rp that hopefully springboarded everyone to bigger and better things.

Aftermath:
Threat neutralized. City saved. While most will not know their heroes, the few who do will remember them fondly.

Rewards:
(the characters have all earned a title AND ally asset. Choose one of the following sets if you wish:)

1. Title [Old Beastman Samurai's Comrade F] - character has a loose relationship with a renown war vet and samurai of the beastman republic.
Asset [Old Beastman Samurai Ally F] - character has a relationship with an Old Beastman Samurai. the relationship speaks to the character's honor and the samurai's honor would bid him to aid you if he could.

OR

2. Title [Spirit of the Battlefield Ally F] - character has a loose relationship with a fae spirit of the battlefield. Such spirits are known to be powerful entities within their domain of influence.
Asset [Spirit of the Battlefield Ally F] - character has a loose relationship with a Fae spirit of the battlefield. Such an ally never hurts although their reliability is apparently low. They are less likely to help when needed, but if they do choose to help, they have the means to aid in a big way.

OR

3. Title [Sage of Tri-Point Friend F] - Character is a friend of the Sage of Tri-Point, an eccentric force within the town of Tri-Point.
Asset [Sage of Tri-Point Friend F] - Character is a friend of the sage of tri-point. That connection alone can bring many benefits to those visiting the tri-point town and surrounding region.

Novama - 21pts

Thomas - 22pts

Echo - 35pts

Sant - 19pts

Eris - 31pts

partial participation
Waen - 23pts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back