• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Trespasser's Temple (Fantasy Rp Recruiting)

Avouleance

Studying to better see and share the beauty
Trespasser's Temple

There's a temple that appears across many different worlds, no one knows who built it or how they managed to make it so each outside leads to the same inside. The Temple had become a meeting point, a hub of cultural mixing and trade between the worlds. The only limitation is that people can't use the temple to go to other worlds, they always end up back in the same world they came from when they leave.

But this has all changed in two ways

Two bodies was found in the temple too destroyed to tell which world they were from which has driven most people out of the temple.

And the player characters have found a lantern that lets them lead others through to their worlds.

Each player submits a character and what their character thinks they know about the world they're from (Including the role the temple plays where they are from and their interpretation of the mosaic of someone with no eyes in the temple).

The game would focus around exploration of the different worlds, trying to piece together the meaning of different events and how the players use their ability to travel between worlds.

One of the temple's Sister's is full of questions for you.

What's your name?

What do you look like?

What do you know about where you're from?

What temple did you come in from?

What's happened to bring you here?

What can you do?

What can't you do?

What kind of person are you?

What do you want?

What needs forgiveness?

Who are you asking?

Do you deserve it?

What do you call it?

How does it look?

Hows the weather?

Who lives there?

Who's in power and how do they keep it?

What's their culture like?

Do they have any creation myths?

Any history worth mentioning?

What role does the temple play?

What do they make of the Eyeless Guy Mosaic?

How do they interact with people from other worlds when they meet in the temple?

Anything else you want to tell us about it?

She's forthcoming with her own details if you care to ask.

What's your name?

I'm Gerijy Razor Hoof, or I would be, if I wasn't Sister Gerijy.

What do you look like?

Well you can probably tell from the shape of my robes my human body doesn't go all the way down. I?m Gazelle bellow the waist, hence my horns. But I wrap my hair around those to keep it orderly. The sky blue with orange trim is standard for Sisters (Brothers have it the other way round). The modifications weren't made with the most skill so you can see the stitches where humanoid and horse robes blend together. The lump on my side is a scabbard before you ask.

Which where? From what I heard the Forrest of a Thousand Thorns isn't the most pleasant of places, there's the beasts and the men, and if that wasn't enough there's the beast men. I don't hear much because not many people from there make it to their temple. As for the temple, I know some like the back of my hand, I've been deeper down than I expect most people make it but I still don't think I've even scratched the surface.

She's heard a lot of different stories about the mosaic, but she just calls it Eyeless Guy.

I didn't, I'm an Inside Child that's why I can't leave.

I don't know, I didn't have a chance to ask anyone, being forced out of a person makes it hard to focus.

What can you do?

I'm trained to preform rituals for more visitors than I can count so I know the words to say when someone stabbed, or done the wrong kind of sexing. I'm quieter on hard hooves than most people are on soft feet, and I'm agile as anything which helps getting around the less together parts of the temple or for sneaking off from sermons.

I'm not entirely sure why but I'm a natural with Knives. There's this silvery one, like a tooth or a tusk long as my forearm. I was born with it, literally, and I've had it ever since. The other sisters tried taking it from me until they ran out of places I wouldn't find and steal it back. I can fight pretty well with it provided I can keep on my feet and not get hit. I'm not above a buck to the balls if need it for an advantage.

What can't you do?

Never been the most durable or enduring, and I can?t leave the temple or even see outside, I just just a sort of greyish snowstorm out there.

How should I know? I mean is there an age when I just will? Sometimes the words I?m saying make sense, but then sometime other words make sense but don?t fit with the first words. I guess I'm a Sister but I didn't exactly get the option not to be.

What do you want?

To be anywhere but here right now.

What needs forgiveness?

They call it rebellion, only a paladin has the right to reject someone from the temple, so pulling a blade on some important looking fat folks and telling them to feck orf wasn't the wisest idea.

Do you deserve it?

I'm going to make sure I do. Someday.

Any comments or ooc questions are also welcome

I'm looking for 6-10 people with 8 being idea

I'm open to incorporating players cool ideas for worlds and events into the story and there's not a set in stone story to follow. I'm more interested in seeing how the players and characters react to their power and position in the different worlds.

As an important note, no one knows if there's a long way round to get from one temple to the other.

I am really interested in this plot and I just wanted to let you know that because it's pretty late tonight and this is something that I want to take my time to think about my character and what world they are from. You leave SO much room for creativity and I love that! I will write my answers up tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the same boat as valor, I like the idea and have a char and world idea brewing up in the old noggin. But it's hella to late for me to put any text on screen at the moment.

To celebrate the interest here's some more lore and an example of a world sheet.

What do you call it?

The Temple, it’s got a lot of more specific names but they most seen to agree it’s a temple.

How does it look?

I’ve only seen the inside. The main room is all ornate minimalist white, apart from Eyeless guy and the alter. There’s doors and a few stair wells off to the side but those it’s only the main room that exist in the outside world. It’s hard to see out of but high up on the wall there are plain windows (not that I can see anything out of them apart from the usual static). Beyond the main chamber it’s not nearly as nice looking, the catacombs we use for storage and bed chambers aren’t cleaned so often because no one really goes there. They’re also underground though we can’t tell which ground. There are also guild offices on the ground floor which look as nice as the people renting them can afford. There’s deeper and further than most people have gone or at least come back from. I’ve probably been pretty much as far as anyone I know.

I’ve not seen the outside but it sure sounds like something, all bone bright white carved with fractal intricacy. They say you can look at it for all your life and still be finding new patterns. They also say the gargoyles are always different but that’s due to how natural selection works when you exist in multiple environments at the same time.

It certainly doesn’t look worse for wear after being hit by a sky rock so it’s probably indestructible or something.

How’s the weather?

There’s no outside for me so I don’t feel any weather. It’s just sort of comfortably cool and dry in here most of the time. There’s not even the temperature change from day to night, since neither of those happen here unless you come in from somewhere.

Who lives there?

Me for one, mostly it’s the brothers and sisters. Some of us are inside children so we’re here by default but most are here willingly to some extent.

The paladins are also here but I’m not sure living is the right word since no one ever sees them eat or sleep, and no one knows where they go.

That would be Mother Majesty, the woman who looks centuries old and centuries out of fashion, she picked the orange and blue robes they say, to spite us they also say. They say if she ever tells a lie she’ll drop dead on the spot but she can’t be killed or lied too until she does. She told me something about a god cursing her that her dying words would be false, to which she replied she was terrified and she’s been here ever since. That gods probably dead now thinking about how long ago it was.

Other than that there’s the paladins, there the androgynous giant ones with that mean you can’t see their faces and that mean they never talk. No one knows exactly what they are, or how they manage to move between worlds. But put it this way, if you do something to earn their ire you don’t escape punishment. Never seen a dead paladin, never seen an old one either. Never even seen them out of the helmets. Mother Majesty is the only one they seem to have much time for, but they’ve been here longer than even she has.

Hard to say, the brothers and sisters are pretty strict and ordered but nearly as much as the paladins are (hard to tell when paladins don’t explain the rules to anyone). The brothers and sisters are nice enough as people mostly, funnily enough they’re some of the least religious people I’ve ever met. Where you’re sort of an all-purpose ceremony deliverer it’s hard to take any of them more seriously than any of the others. I’m sure they all have their ideas about it, it be hard not to think about it, but I also think it be hard to have much certainty or preference.

Too many to count, the temple was supposedly built by everything from elves to itself back in time to something about a space time squid. My guess is the weird stories work as a sort of escapism when you’re doing something to big to make sense, like dying or giving birth or both.

Never was the most attentive in school so no.

Apart from a temple we get people meeting for business and pleasure, whatever someone’s rented out a room for. No violence though, unless you’re a paladin and someone was doing something violent.

It’s not exactly that good a Mosaic, you can barely make out any features or even if it’s a guy and it’s not exactly artistically accomplished. Probably a metaphor or a symbol but there’s no real way to tell which one was intentional if any.

How do they interact with people from other worlds when they meet in the temple?

We provide various services, depending on the occasion and generosity of the people who come in.

Hell no, I’d rather think about anywhere else.

This is super, duper cool! I'll definitely join it.~ The idea is really innovative and sounds perfect for the first roleplay I'll dabble in on this site. <3

So our world can be anything at all? Completely from the imagination? :3

• What's your name?

The fearless Celia Terrakal at your service

What do you look like?

Well, I have fiery orange bird-like wings as well as my eyes are bird-like considering I am a Valkyrie. I have dark blue long hair and wear warm clothing since it gets kind of cold up there in high altitude.

I know that I was born in the land below called Ryulga. But since the Shifters (Which are yes, Shapeshifters) have overthrown that land, they have driven many races off into the skyland of Vezan. After decades of this happening, out government has become used to this new land and cowardice while Shifters below us have so much resources that we don't have. We constantly have to send special tactics groups to gather resources in secret. For the not so fortunate races that don't have wings they have resulted to machinery in helping their needs in this area and many others. But I believe all of this to soon change because I am in charge of the Resistance, gathering enough people to fight the Shifters and regain our land.

What happened to bring you here?

I wish to gain enough power to defeat the shifters. I came in hopes that some sort of knowledge could be brought to my attention on how to go about doing so.

What can you do?

Every Valkyrie is blessed with having one power. Mine is to control fire; I can conjure it or I can engulf flames. Because of my wings people liken me to that of a phoenix. I could fight and command fairly well but I usually use a glaive.

What can't you do?

Unless it is with a fireball I cannot aim. I also do not do so well with riddles and puzzles.

Some people tell me that I am hot-headed but I like to think that I am just outspoken. When I am first introduced to someone, it will take sometime for me to warm up to them as they will to me. But, if they end up gaining my approval I am more than will to fight to the death for them.

What do you want?

To regain the land of Ryulga

What needs forgiveness?

My Thievery, but it needs to be done for the Resistance to get anywhere.

Do you deserve it?

No, but I sometimes try to convince myself I do.

[QUOTE="Queen Yukari]This is super, duper cool! I'll definitely join it.~ The idea is really innovative and sounds perfect for the first roleplay I'll dabble in on this site. <3
So our world can be anything at all? Completely from the imagination? :3

[/QUOTE]
Go wild, as long as it's interesting and adds something to the game

[QUOTE="Maeve Valor]What's your name?

What do you look like?

Well, I have fiery orange bird-like wings as well as my eyes are bird-like considering I am a Valkyrie. I have dark blue long hair and wear warm clothing since it gets kind of cold up there in high altitude.

I know that I was born in the land below called Ryulga. But since the Shifters (Which are yes, Shapeshifters) have overthrown that land, they have driven many races off into the skyland of Vezan. After decades of this happening, out government has become used to this new land and cowardice while Shifters below us have so much resources that we don't have. We constantly have to send special tactics groups to gather resources in secret. For the not so fortunate races that don't have wings they have resulted to machinery in helping their needs in this area and many others. But I believe all of this to soon change because I am in charge of the Resistance, gathering enough people to fight the Shifters and regain our land.

I wish to gain enough power to defeat the shifters. I came in hopes that some sort of knowledge could be brought to my attention on how to go about doing so.

What can you do?

Every Valkyrie is blessed with having one power. Mine is to control fire; I can conjure it or I can engulf flames. Because of my wings people liken me to that of a phoenix. I could fight and command fairly well but I usually use a glaive.

What can't you do?

Unless it is with a fireball I cannot aim. I also do not do so well with riddles and puzzles.

Some people tell me that I am hot-headed but I like to think that I am just outspoken. When I am first introduced to someone, it will take sometime for me to warm up to them as they will to me. But, if they end up gaining my approval I am more than will to fight to the death for them.

What do you want?

What needs forgiveness?

Do you deserve it?

[/QUOTE]
Looks pretty good, feel free to keep expanding on it as we go. For example it could help to know more about why their a leader in the resistance as opposed to just a fighter.

I look forward to seeing the world expanded into a sheet as well.

"What's your name?" My name? Zephyr. Zephyr Nightwind. A pleasure to meet you.

"What do you look like?" Tall, I would assume, by your standards. Seven and a half feet to be exact. My skin is pale and glows in the moonlight, though most of it is covered by a white robe that reaches the ground. Most nights, when the sky is clear and the stars can be seen for miles upon miles, my wings will shimmer in a rather distracting manner. Hm? I did not mention I had wings? I apologize... I do not have merely one pair of wings, but three. My hair is drawn back into a long ponytail and matches the color of my three eyes: untarnished silver.

"What do you know about where you're from?"
Only what every Aerial knows. For ages upon ages, we have lived a life close to the stars, on a chain of sky islands we call Aruus. In our language, it means 'Paradise,' and I've always thought it is a quite suitable name. Silver trees overhang pathways and sway in the eternal breeze. The grass is the same color as the trees. The area is very suitable for flight... something important to all of us.

"What temple did you come in from?"
The Temple of Beyond, located in the perilous lower world at the peak of a mountain. The mountain is tall enough that we do not have to go far below Aruus, thank goodness. The air is toxic enough at lower levels that we would die in minutes. The entrance to the temple is carved in the rock.

"What's happened to bring you here?"
Hm? Must something have happened to bring me here? Everything is perfectly fine in my world... well, aside from the horrific beasts that prowl and curse us from the Lower World. But there is nothing to do about that. I come here to commune with the people of many worlds, in order that I might gain something from it.

"What can you do?" I can fly, of course. And all Aerial have the ability to glean things from the stars. If one opens their mind to what the stars are trying to tell you, they will reveal their secrets. Whispers of the future, tellings of the past, even quick regeneration under their comforting light.

"What can't you do?" In daylight, I am far weaker, with the stars concealed by the sun. I have sworn pacifism, as well, meaning that I shall never engage in combat.

"What kind of person are you?" Calm. Conserved. I am not much different than others of my brood. I always keep my tongue in check when I speak to people, so that I might not insullt them. I do not have a good sense of humor. Dry humor, perhaps, but nothing too clever.

"What do you want?"
Two things: peace and knowledge. Both things go hand in hand, in my opinion. In times of peace one can glean more knowledge; when one has attained knowledge, they shall wish for peace.

"What needs forgiveness?" When I was younger-- only three hundred years or so-- I was an ambitious fool. Grand dreams of success made me hunger for power. I joined a faction of my people that believed the same thing, and... and...

...And I took part in a raid that began the hostility between the Lower World and Aruus. It is my greatest shame.

"Do you deserve it?" ...I wish I could say I did... For many years I have tried to atone, yet I still do not know the answer.

"What do you call it?" We have no special name for the Lower World, but above in our region of sky islands, we call it Aruus.

"How does it look?" The islands we live upon... beautiful, to put it simply. Silver trees, silver grass, and large white marble buildings that house us. The buildings are circular in shape, looking somewhat like eggs peeking up above the earth. There are bridges connecting the islands together, but with our wings, the bridges are more symbolic than truly helpful. The largest island holds the Elders and the Twin Halls.

...I wish I could say the same for the below world, but it is the most dangerous area for an Aerial to tread upon. It differs so wildly from the peaceful sky islands above, it could be considered another world entirely. The ground is red, cracked and dry, with magma seeping between the cracks. Harsh mountains jut up in random places and dot the landscape. Some are volcanic in origin. The air is toxic even for the people who live there, but is even more deadly for an Aerial.

"How's the weather?" We live high enough that 'weather' does not occur, and we can always see the stars. Our lungs are specially adapted to thrive on the thin air. Below, I am told that the days are filled with harsh sunlight, and the nights are hot and muggy.

"Who lives there?" Only Aerial live in Aruus. We do have several kinds of animals that glide between the islands and trees, but that is about it. The Lower World is more diverse... if not horrifying. We do not have names for half of the creatures that prowl down there; we are not even sure if there are specific species, or if each horror is unique from the last.

"Who's in power and how do they keep it?" The Elders govern us in the Halls of Wisdom and Justice, the body divided between these two Halls. The two halves discuss current issues, laws and economy, but very rarely do they agree with each other. That is what the High One is for. The High One listens to both sides, then reaches a verdict. His word is law. No one questions the High One.

When our current Elders either pass away or retire, new ones are elected by the High One himself. Whether they wish to be Elders or not. Like I said, no one dares to question him.

"What's their culture like?" Our culture is based upon the stars and movements of planets that give us wisdom. Aerial are taught from a young age to be respectful, self aware and above all, never to question orders from the higher ranks. Attainment of wisdom is our greatest wish, though what one chooses to do with their newfound knowledge depends on their character. Though we try to be polite towards other sentient species, I admit that our pride makes us believe we are superior.

"Do they have any creation myths?"
We believe that in the beginning, there was a single being that existed in nothingness, who was the first High One. His upper body was made up of stars and planets, and the lower body of hard earth and lava. The First People lived on his body. This may sound strange, but He was massive and incomprehensible, as large as our world is to date.

A few thousand years passed, and another being stirred. A cosmic menace with a long, serpentine body and twelve pairs of skeletal wings. Its name was Hunger, and it wanted to devour the High One and everyone who lived upon Him. He could not allow this. At first, the two did battle, but the earthquakes and natural disasters this caused for His people killed thousands. Finally, knowing what He must do, the High One released all of His power to destroy Hunger while sacrificing Himself in return. His upper body became the sky, and his lower body, the earth. Our sky islands are made up of His waist, between both places. Most of us believe his spirit still lives on, to advise our leaders in the form of our current High One.

"Any history worth mentioning?" The Schism. When thousands of years ago, the Aerial gave the creatures of the Lower World a reason to despise us.

"What role does the temple play?"

"What do they make of the Eyeless Guy Mosaic?"

"How do they interact with people from other worlds when they meet in the temple?" As I said, we are polite, but look down upon non-Aerial. But then again, few of us bother to visit the temple... I am a strange exception to that rule.

((I'm still working on the World one... But yeah! Here it is :3))

((I also realized that two of us have skylands... oops. If I need to tweak it a little, just let me know))

I would love to join, if you don't mind. This sounds super cool! I will be filling out my character sheet later today :)

[QUOTE="Cosmic Cobalt]I would love to join, if you don't mind. This sounds super cool! I will be filling out my character sheet later today :)

[/QUOTE]
Why would I mind?

Are you dodgy?

COMPLETED!

What's your name?

My name is Sidera Zakar Muramahr. But, for a shorter name, you may simply call me Zakar.

What do you look like?

No doubt by your standards I look frightening. I am of average height, about six feet tall, but I have many features that would terrify many people. Alongside the edge of my face--on my jawline, besides my ears and eyes--are large, curling horns. My skin is dark blue with lighter blue patches all over it (similar to vitiligo). My eyes' sclera are dark gray while my eyes are yellow. My nails are long, black, and sharp. I have short, shaggy, black hair that is tied into a small ponytail at the back. Mostly, though, I appear quite humanoid.

Only what has been fed to us by the higher and older. My world of Zed was once an oasis; a paradise of luxury. The ancestor of my people, the Old Zedan, lived on the surface once when the sky was green and clear water cut into the ground. However, something happened, though what it was exactly is debated. A sun died, a star exploded, but something happened that completely changed the lives of the Zedan. The world's surface cracked and became harsh. The plants and animals began to die off. Nearly all of the Zedan perished. Only a handful of Zedan were strong enough to survive. Everything on the planet began to change. Animals and plants became harshly competitive, morphing into hardy and sometimes vicious creatures.

The Zedan themselves changed their ways and society forever. Among the females, they all brutally fought for leadership. The weaker were killed while the strong survived. They believed that in order to live in this new, harsh world, only the absolute strongest would survive. This began the Legacy of the Queens, the mother of entire kingdoms of Zedan.

The Temple of Survival, located in our sacred land of the Black Pools. It is said that the power coming from this temple helps the weaker become stronger, and the stronger to become unstoppable. It is even believed by some Zedan to be the reason why the Zedan still live to this day.

I became what my people call a "jelly-defier."After our eggs are laid by the cocoon, we are fed a specific kind of jelly by the Jelly Makers in the Royal Castle. Depending on the kind of jelly we are fed, it determines our entire life for us. Before we are even born, every decision have been chosen. I was fed only citizen jelly in my egg. My life would be only to live in the Queen's Hive and die under her eye. I refused that life. I am here because I want to find a way to overthrow the queens. I want to go back to the old life, where Zedan do not live under a veil of oppression and brutality.

I am here because I want to find a way to bring down all the Queens and their Hives.

What can you do?

I am very resilient to injuries. You can cut me a hundred times and I will still keep on going. Also, I have very good endurance and stamina due to the conditions I was bred to live in. I was made to survive and endure, no matter what the cost is to my body and mind.

What can't you do?

Despite being made for survival, all Zed are rather susceptible to cold, and I am definitely no exception. I cannot survive in cold environments. They wear me out very quickly and if I do not attend to myself, it will kill me.

My people have called me naive. I am called a dreamer, someone who thinks that an unreachable future can be obtained. I don't listen to them, though. I hardly listen to anyone. I always follow my own advice and my own beliefs. Unless I deem them to be my equal, my own thoughts always come first.

What do you want?

I want to live in a society where I determine what my future holds. I don't want the survival of our Queens to be the only thing to life. I want to live a life where I am free of anyone and everyone.

What needs forgiveness?

I...need forgiveness. Before I escaped the hive in self-exile, I...I did the unthinkable in my society. I killed the Queen. I have plunged my entire Hive in chaos. I didn't look back as I ran, but I knew that many of my hive members have died from my decision.

Who are you asking?

Anyone who will listen to me. Anyone who will look past my place in society.

Do you deserve it?

I hope so with all my heart. I want to bring a fair world to all Zedan, and my hope is that my goal will justify my actions.

What do you call it?

Our world is called Zed, and the people are called Zedan.

How does it look?

It is a dark and cruel land. Jagged landscapes with all sorts of creatures, many of them rugged and touch. Ruins of a world where natural beauty and great cities once were can be seen scattered along the bleached horizon. Underneath the surface are entire hollow landscapes, where the Zedan now live.

How's the weather?

Most of the time it is stagnant. The air is hot, heavy, and still. Sometimes there is acid rain, which many surface creatures can survive but only few Zedan can. Also, there are lightning and thunder storms.

Who lives there?

The Zedan live underground in kingdoms that we call Hives. At the moment, there are six major Hives. There are many smaller kingdoms known as Rogue Hives that are ruled by Rogue Queens. These are illegal and are hunted down and destroyed by members of the official Hives.

The Queens. They are descendants of the original survivors who now rule their Hive territories along with their Council of Drones. The Queens are very long lived. Each Queen has their own lifespan constituted as an era in their Hive. They are the mother of all the Zedan in their Hive and are the only ones allowed to birth children(along with their drones). The Queen Mother is seen as our protector and ruler, and the absolute strongest of us all.

When a Queen finally reaches the point where she can no longer rule as effectively, an even known as the Queens Event occurs. The Queen lays a clutch of eggs, using the DNA of her father from the previous Council of Drones from the previous Queen. They are all fed a special kind of jelly known as royal jelly. They are then hatched and taken away separately and raised by their own Praetorian Zedan. Then, when the time comes, they are taken to fight each other to the death. Whoever is left the last survivor is the new Queen. She gets the privilege of killing and devouring the previous Queen and Drones.

To most other people, we are a brutish culture. We believe in survival of the strongest above all other values. To kill the weak is a favor to your Hive. The Queen is the most important of us all. Everyone else is expendable. Based on what jelly you are fed while in your egg, that determines your entire life and role in the social caste. We take very little pleasures in our lives.

We have differing beliefs and myths, though they are all mostly private. We are raised to only believe in our Queen as a higher being.

A very, very long time ago, our planet used to be a beautiful paradise. Until something happened, and it has been a harsh land ever since. The Old Zedan used to live in this different world before we retreated underground and transformed into our current competitive lifestyle.

A holy site, deep within the scared lands known as the Black Pools. Making a pilgrimage to this site is very difficult, as the land is hard to find and many die during their trip. Reaching the temple, praying, and coming back usually symbolizes that the Zedan has become much stronger.

Very strange and eerie. A bit fascinating, too.

We try not to. But when we do, we communicate as little as possible. Short, curt sentences and grunts. Oh, and we try to spread the good word of our Queen. Ugh.

Never be afraid to defy the jelly.

Avouleance said:
Looks pretty good, feel free to keep expanding on it as we go. For example it could help to know more about why their a leader in the resistance as opposed to just a fighter.

>.> All in due time my friend, all in due time I will tell why they are a leader. Glad you are interested though. I took a lot of time thinking about how I wanted to go about this. So by the time I was done with the sheet I was so worn out. I will post the world'd sheet soon though ^_^

[QUOTE="Queen Yukari]
"What's your name?" My name? Zephyr. Zephyr Nightwind. A pleasure to meet you.

"What do you look like?" Tall, I would assume, by your standards. Seven and a half feet to be exact. My skin is pale and glows in the moonlight, though most of it is covered by a white robe that reaches the ground. Most nights, when the sky is clear and the stars can be seen for miles upon miles, my wings will shimmer in a rather distracting manner. Hm? I did not mention I had wings? I apologize... I do not have merely one pair of wings, but three. My hair is drawn back into a long ponytail and matches the color of my three eyes: untarnished silver.

"What do you know about where you're from?"
Only what every Aerial knows. For ages upon ages, we have lived a life close to the stars, on a chain of sky islands we call Aruus. In our language, it means 'Paradise,' and I've always thought it is a quite suitable name. Silver trees overhang pathways and sway in the eternal breeze. The grass is the same color as the trees. The area is very suitable for flight... something important to all of us.

"What temple did you come in from?"
The Temple of Beyond, located in the perilous lower world at the peak of a mountain. The mountain is tall enough that we do not have to go far below Aruus, thank goodness. The air is toxic enough at lower levels that we would die in minutes. The entrance to the temple is carved in the rock.

"What's happened to bring you here?"
Hm? Must something have happened to bring me here? Everything is perfectly fine in my world... well, aside from the horrific beasts that prowl and curse us from the Lower World. But there is nothing to do about that. I come here to commune with the people of many worlds, in order that I might gain something from it.

"What can you do?" I can fly, of course. And all Aerial have the ability to glean things from the stars. If one opens their mind to what the stars are trying to tell you, they will reveal their secrets. Whispers of the future, tellings of the past, even quick regeneration under their comforting light.

"What can't you do?" In daylight, I am far weaker, with the stars concealed by the sun. I have sworn pacifism, as well, meaning that I shall never engage in combat.

"What kind of person are you?" Calm. Conserved. I am not much different than others of my brood. I always keep my tongue in check when I speak to people, so that I might not insullt them. I do not have a good sense of humor. Dry humor, perhaps, but nothing too clever.

"What do you want?"
Two things: peace and knowledge. Both things go hand in hand, in my opinion. In times of peace one can glean more knowledge; when one has attained knowledge, they shall wish for peace.

"What needs forgiveness?" When I was younger-- only three hundred years or so-- I was an ambitious fool. Grand dreams of success made me hunger for power. I joined a faction of my people that believed the same thing, and... and...

...And I took part in a raid that began the hostility between the Lower World and Aruus. It is my greatest shame.

"Do you deserve it?" ...I wish I could say I did... For many years I have tried to atone, yet I still do not know the answer.

"What do you call it?" We have no special name for the Lower World, but above in our region of sky islands, we call it Aruus.

"How does it look?" The islands we live upon... beautiful, to put it simply. Silver trees, silver grass, and large white marble buildings that house us. The buildings are circular in shape, looking somewhat like eggs peeking up above the earth. There are bridges connecting the islands together, but with our wings, the bridges are more symbolic than truly helpful. The largest island holds the Elders and the Twin Halls.

...I wish I could say the same for the below world, but it is the most dangerous area for an Aerial to tread upon. It differs so wildly from the peaceful sky islands above, it could be considered another world entirely. The ground is red, cracked and dry, with magma seeping between the cracks. Harsh mountains jut up in random places and dot the landscape. Some are volcanic in origin. The air is toxic even for the people who live there, but is even more deadly for an Aerial.

"How's the weather?" We live high enough that 'weather' does not occur, and we can always see the stars. Our lungs are specially adapted to thrive on the thin air. Below, I am told that the days are filled with harsh sunlight, and the nights are hot and muggy.

"Who lives there?" Only Aerial live in Aruus. We do have several kinds of animals that glide between the islands and trees, but that is about it. The Lower World is more diverse... if not horrifying. We do not have names for half of the creatures that prowl down there; we are not even sure if there are specific species, or if each horror is unique from the last.

"Who's in power and how do they keep it?" The Elders govern us in the Halls of Wisdom and Justice, the body divided between these two Halls. The two halves discuss current issues, laws and economy, but very rarely do they agree with each other. That is what the High One is for. The High One listens to both sides, then reaches a verdict. His word is law. No one questions the High One.

When our current Elders either pass away or retire, new ones are elected by the High One himself. Whether they wish to be Elders or not. Like I said, no one dares to question him.

"What's their culture like?" Our culture is based upon the stars and movements of planets that give us wisdom. Aerial are taught from a young age to be respectful, self aware and above all, never to question orders from the higher ranks. Attainment of wisdom is our greatest wish, though what one chooses to do with their newfound knowledge depends on their character. Though we try to be polite towards other sentient species, I admit that our pride makes us believe we are superior.

"Do they have any creation myths?"
We believe that in the beginning, there was a single being that existed in nothingness, who was the first High One. His upper body was made up of stars and planets, and the lower body of hard earth and lava. The First People lived on his body. This may sound strange, but He was massive and incomprehensible, as large as our world is to date.

A few thousand years passed, and another being stirred. A cosmic menace with a long, serpentine body and twelve pairs of skeletal wings. Its name was Hunger, and it wanted to devour the High One and everyone who lived upon Him. He could not allow this. At first, the two did battle, but the earthquakes and natural disasters this caused for His people killed thousands. Finally, knowing what He must do, the High One released all of His power to destroy Hunger while sacrificing Himself in return. His upper body became the sky, and his lower body, the earth. Our sky islands are made up of His waist, between both places. Most of us believe his spirit still lives on, to advise our leaders in the form of our current High One.

"Any history worth mentioning?" The Schism. When thousands of years ago, the Aerial gave the creatures of the Lower World a reason to despise us.

"What role does the temple play?"

"What do they make of the Eyeless Guy Mosaic?"

"How do they interact with people from other worlds when they meet in the temple?" As I said, we are polite, but look down upon non-Aerial. But then again, few of us bother to visit the temple... I am a strange exception to that rule.

((I'm still working on the World one... But yeah! Here it is :3))

((I also realized that two of us have skylands... oops. If I need to tweak it a little, just let me know))

[QUOTE="Cosmic Cobalt]

COMPLETED!

What's your name?
My name is Sidera Zakar Muramahr. But, for a shorter name, you may simply call me Zakar.

What do you look like?

No doubt by your standards I look frightening. I am of average height, about six feet tall, but I have many features that would terrify many people. Alongside the edge of my face--on my jawline, besides my ears and eyes--are large, curling horns. My skin is dark blue with lighter blue patches all over it (similar to vitiligo). My eyes' sclera are dark gray while my eyes are yellow. My nails are long, black, and sharp. I have short, shaggy, black hair that is tied into a small ponytail at the back. Mostly, though, I appear quite humanoid.

Only what has been fed to us by the higher and older. My world of Zed was once an oasis; a paradise of luxury. The ancestor of my people, the Old Zedan, lived on the surface once when the sky was green and clear water cut into the ground. However, something happened, though what it was exactly is debated. A sun died, a star exploded, but something happened that completely changed the lives of the Zedan. The world's surface cracked and became harsh. The plants and animals began to die off. Nearly all of the Zedan perished. Only a handful of Zedan were strong enough to survive. Everything on the planet began to change. Animals and plants became harshly competitive, morphing into hardy and sometimes vicious creatures.

The Zedan themselves changed their ways and society forever. Among the females, they all brutally fought for leadership. The weaker were killed while the strong survived. They believed that in order to live in this new, harsh world, only the absolute strongest would survive. This began the Legacy of the Queens, the mother of entire kingdoms of Zedan.

The Temple of Survival, located in our sacred land of the Black Pools. It is said that the power coming from this temple helps the weaker become stronger, and the stronger to become unstoppable. It is even believed by some Zedan to be the reason why the Zedan still live to this day.

I became what my people call a "jelly-defier."After our eggs are laid by the cocoon, we are fed a specific kind of jelly by the Jelly Makers in the Royal Castle. Depending on the kind of jelly we are fed, it determines our entire life for us. Before we are even born, every decision have been chosen. I was fed only citizen jelly in my egg. My life would be only to live in the Queen's Hive and die under her eye. I refused that life. I am here because I want to find a way to overthrow the queens. I want to go back to the old life, where Zedan do not live under a veil of oppression and brutality.

I am here because I want to find a way to bring down all the Queens and their Hives.

What can you do?

I am very resilient to injuries. You can cut me a hundred times and I will still keep on going. Also, I have very good endurance and stamina due to the conditions I was bred to live in. I was made to survive and endure, no matter what the cost is to my body and mind.

What can't you do?

Despite being made for survival, all Zed are rather susceptible to cold, and I am definitely no exception. I cannot survive in cold environments. They wear me out very quickly and if I do not attend to myself, it will kill me.

My people have called me naive. I am called a dreamer, someone who thinks that an unreachable future can be obtained. I don't listen to them, though. I hardly listen to anyone. I always follow my own advice and my own beliefs. Unless I deem them to be my equal, my own thoughts always come first.

What do you want?

I want to live in a society where I determine what my future holds. I don't want the survival of our Queens to be the only thing to life. I want to live a life where I am free of anyone and everyone.

What needs forgiveness?

I...need forgiveness. Before I escaped the hive in self-exile, I...I did the unthinkable in my society. I killed the Queen. I have plunged my entire Hive in chaos. I didn't look back as I ran, but I knew that many of my hive members have died from my decision.

Who are you asking?

Anyone who will listen to me. Anyone who will look past my place in society.

Do you deserve it?

I hope so with all my heart. I want to bring a fair world to all Zedan, and my hope is that my goal will justify my actions.

What do you call it?

Both sheets are good, just need the final world details form Queen.
Our world is called Zed, and the people are called Zedan.

How does it look?

It is a dark and cruel land. Jagged landscapes with all sorts of creatures, many of them rugged and touch. Ruins of a world where natural beauty and great cities once were can be seen scattered along the bleached horizon. Underneath the surface are entire hollow landscapes, where the Zedan now live.

How's the weather?

Most of the time it is stagnant. The air is hot, heavy, and still. Sometimes there is acid rain, which many surface creatures can survive but only few Zedan can. Also, there are lightning and thunder storms.

Who lives there?

The Zedan live underground in kingdoms that we call Hives. At the moment, there are six major Hives. There are many smaller kingdoms known as Rogue Hives that are ruled by Rogue Queens. These are illegal and are hunted down and destroyed by members of the official Hives.

The Queens. They are descendants of the original survivors who now rule their Hive territories along with their Council of Drones. The Queens are very long lived. Each Queen has their own lifespan constituted as an era in their Hive. They are the mother of all the Zedan in their Hive and are the only ones allowed to birth children(along with their drones). The Queen Mother is seen as our protector and ruler, and the absolute strongest of us all.

When a Queen finally reaches the point where she can no longer rule as effectively, an even known as the Queens Event occurs. The Queen lays a clutch of eggs, using the DNA of her father from the previous Council of Drones from the previous Queen. They are all fed a special kind of jelly known as royal jelly. They are then hatched and taken away separately and raised by their own Praetorian Zedan. Then, when the time comes, they are taken to fight each other to the death. Whoever is left the last survivor is the new Queen. She gets the privilege of killing and devouring the previous Queen and Drones.

To most other people, we are a brutish culture. We believe in survival of the strongest above all other values. To kill the weak is a favor to your Hive. The Queen is the most important of us all. Everyone else is expendable. Based on what jelly you are fed while in your egg, that determines your entire life and role in the social caste. We take very little pleasures in our lives.

We have differing beliefs and myths, though they are all mostly private. We are raised to only believe in our Queen as a higher being.

A very, very long time ago, our planet used to be a beautiful paradise. Until something happened, and it has been a harsh land ever since. The Old Zedan used to live in this different world before we retreated underground and transformed into our current competitive lifestyle.

A holy site, deep within the scared lands known as the Black Pools. Making a pilgrimage to this site is very difficult, as the land is hard to find and many die during their trip. Reaching the temple, praying, and coming back usually symbolizes that the Zedan has become much stronger.

Very strange and eerie. A bit fascinating, too.

We try not to. But when we do, we communicate as little as possible. Short, curt sentences and grunts. Oh, and we try to spread the good word of our Queen. Ugh.

Never be afraid to defy the jelly.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Avouleance said:

Alright I edited it. ^_^

[QUOTE="Maeve Valor]

• What's your name?

What do you look like?

What can you do?

What can't you do?

What do you want?

What needs forgiveness?

Do you deserve it?

[/QUOTE]
World sheet is good,

Now we just need about 3 or 4 more people and we can start

I'd like too join, and quick question. How will the FC's be used? Realistic faces, or animu faces?

Hanjizoe said:
I'd like too join, and quick question. How will the FC's be used? Realistic faces, or animu faces?
No images required, but feel free to provide whatever you'd like to

I only described it because the scenario states that you are talking to a blind woman :S

[QUOTE="Maeve Valor]I only described it because the scenario states that you are talking to a blind woman :S

[/QUOTE]
How do you mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back