• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Toxic (Mafia/Crime/1920s)

Kassandra Rose

Elder Member
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Hello, lovelies!

I am looking, solely (at this moment), for a 1920s criminal underworld story. The story will feature the rise of a small mobster family into wealth and success as major game players on an international stage. If you’ve ever seen Peaky Blinders, I am thinking along the lines of the Shelby family.

I have quite a few ideas in mind; the most prominent being the introduction of another family. Those of you from England shall know of the North/South divide. I’m thinking that the centre family will be from down south, like Birmingham, Brighton, etc. The other will be their counterpart to the North. (For our European companions or friends across the pond, this is a reference to how English differ depending on where they align in the country. The divide, of Northern and Southern England is often cut through Birmingham, but this differs from map to map, depending on the artist and where they fancy themselves a part of). Unlike the Romeo and Juliette cliché, the two families don’t often come to head. The South are more concerned with Domestic policies, Westminster and Downing Street, but the North are bigger on an international stage— the IRA, Al Capone, the New Wold.

When a big threat (Russian mafia? Italian?) comes into play, the two families must band together. Muse A is the niece of the Northern family leader. She advises him, and is placed with somewhat honour within the family for the zeitgeist. When the two families meet, she finds herself intrigued by the cousin of the Southern leader (Muse B). The two of them play a somewhat game of cat and mouse throughout interactions, trying to unravel the mysterious allure of the other, without leaving themselves vulnerable.

When an attack is made upon the lives of important family members, in both groups, the two families know that they cannot face this threat alone, and must join together as one.

A marriage is proposed, as a union. If romance is there between Muse A and Muse B, this opens up the much loved door of forbidden romance. Muse A’s uncle desires her to take the (southern) family name, but as a cousin Muse B does not hold his. He proposes she marry the Don (leader), a widowed man, a dozen or so years older than herself.

I’m purposely leaving a lot of openness. I would really love a writing partner to put forward their own ideas. Who could our big threat be? Could it be Al himself? Could it be the IRA? Could it be a larger mafia clan? If you read the rules below, you’ll see that I also double. I would, in this circumstance, like to be Muse A. However, Muse C and D, another potential pairing, is open to your own creativity. Perhaps, the Southern leader falls in love with the Northern leaders wife? Or, perhaps, a spy is sent into either family? Maybe, a normal person finds themselves deeper than they had anticipated.

It’s all just etchings, waiting to be filled!

About me:

You can call me Kassandra (as my username demonstrates), but Kass is also okay. I'm currently nineteen {twenty this month~~ haaaaappy birthday to me}. I am somewhat of a roleplay veteran, at nine years strong, and i’ve been writing for as long as I can remember.

Surprise surprise— I aspire to be a writer when I'm older, but still have a long way to go. Therefore, I would perceive myself as rather literate and grammatically correct. Yet, for your evaluation, I will attach a few writing samples below.

Usually, I write as at least one female character
. If you wanna take one too, that's fine! We'll just double. When doubling I always ensure that my character's posts are equal in length and effort. This is usuall around four paragraphs each, minimum, but I work with what I am given.

Other than that, I mostly do MxF pairings. I have never tried f//, but I'm more than willing to give that a go. I'm unlikely to do m//, unless given a really good pairing. Persuade me. Like all romance, the chemistry must be there. I will not force a relationship when it just simply isn’t there.

Finally, I'm ditch friendly. You wanna give up? Cool. You gonna ghost? That's fine. If you ever feel like picking it up again then let me know! No hard feelings.

About you:

It seems weird, me telling you what you are or need to be. However, these are just few preferences.

I'm looking for a partner who can:

Post a few times a week.

Be rather literate —
detailed to advanced. I’m not expecting to find Charles Dickens on here. Unless, he is. Then, you are very much welcome to grace me with your presence too!

Know your limits. If you don't think you can do something justice or don’t feel comfortable, don't do it. Tell me. We'll consider our other options.

Be friendly. I loooooove an OOC chat. There is nothing I hate more than walking on eggshells around my partner.

That’s it. Other than that, just be yourself. Let’s have fun building a world together. Let’s be the writers, the audience, and the fan girls (or boys) all in one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back