Town square

Samurai Jay

it's strategy over all
It is a plesent morning, it was misty at night so the forest and grass around the new town seems to sparkle in the first rays of sunshine

The morning air had a chill to it, that much Micolash was certain of. A small shiver ran up his spine, and he shifted the wool jacket he had on, dusting off his leather pants and shaking some of the mud off of his boots he had gotten on them from his walk here from his hut. He made his way through the still quiet Town Square and over to the Blacksmith Shop, which he had very aptly named The Forge and Anvil, unlocking the front door with his key and stepping inside.

2017-02-02-11-14-53-1793013970.jpg

He hung his coat on the coat rack near the door and took off his gloves, placing them on a nearby table. He scratched his simple white cotton shirt and made his way over to the dimly lit forge.

After a bit of work, the forge was lit and back to working condition. Smiling to himself, he grabbed a long piece of iron and stuck it inside the forge so that the tip would start to hear up. He headed back over to the coat rack and took off the leather apron on it, quickly throwing it on. He turned to the window to the front of the store and turned the sign from 'Closed for the night.' to 'Open for business.', then returned to the forge, looking over the plans for a new longsword design he was working on, putting a hand to his chin in thought as his eyes scanned the design.

Last edited by a moderator:

♘ Leona 

It was early morning the time that Leona had awoken. Already she had been out exercising and training preparing herself for the day she had ahead. She wanted to do an off-duty round before putting on her armour. Generally checking in on the locals, merchants and anything else she came along. Tying her belt, she rolled her shoulders before leaving her house and walking down the long path towards the town square. Noticing that many of the shops were still closed she took no notice and carried on, heading towards the guards-block before putting on her armour.

Staring at herself for quite some time in a mirror she gazed over the scars on her face, her fur was messy from lack of cleaning. Leona hadn't been sleeping well and hadn't had time to worry about the way she was looking, it was easy enough to tell by the locals who would see her on the regular. Apart from that she looked her usual grumpy self. It didn't take long before she turned away grabbing her sword and left without much of a words to anyone. She made her way out into the square again, standing guard and watching the world go by as usual.

James walks into the square from the inside of the Drunken Dragons Inn and smiles softly as he pulls his Rangers cloak over his body the hood up. He sits in a chair watching the town slowly wake up. He has in his hands a small sandwich, a plate with cheese and some basic crackers, and a large glass of honeyed mead.

Melody sits on one of the benches with a book in her hand, and a canteen of water

at her side. Looking over some notes while continuing with a slight hum, she mostly keeps

to herself for the time being. She occasionally looked around to the people in the area, and

then went back to scribbling down something in her journal and occasionally took a small

sip of water from her canister. 
            During the occasional moments she looked up, she examined the people in the area,

knowing she really ought to try and get to know them as one of these days someone, maybe

even her, was bound to get hurt. No need in being a hermit after all. But she decided it could

wait for the time being and kept on with her occasional glances.

Locke

Locke walked into the town limits and took a deep breath. " Love the morning" he said to himself. He continued to walk deeper into town until he reached the town square. It was a quaint little place, the betting heart of the village. Locke gave the occasional wave to a few people he passed on his way to the tavern to met Henry. He approached the tavern, seeing the owner outside the establishment. "Good morning sir" he said to the man eating a sandwich. Locke knew he was early but he got up earlier than he wished.

♘ Leona 

Leona kept her eyes out on the square and on the incoming people. She always knew who to look out for, either the normal thieves, troublemakers and new comers were on her list, though is was rare for her to become the 'vicious' animal some had stamped her to be. Yawning slightly, her white fangs showed out and her eyes closed for a moment, but once they opened she locked onto to Locke. Although there was no trouble between the two, Leona was always aware of him. Not because he was beast-kin like her, but more to the fact he always seemed to happy. It's isn't because she doesn't like happy people, but more she doesn't trust them. With her stubborn streak running up her spine, she keeps a close eye on those she deems worthy of her watching. It wasn't necessarily a good thing.

Locke wasn't the only person she noticed however. Leona also saw the woman sat on the bench someone she hadn't seen before. Who was she? Is she going to cause trouble in the town? I don't want to have to do anything this early. Three things going through her mind. Although Leona was relaxed during her on-duty time, she sat on the edge of wall watching the woman and Locke closely, occasionally sighing in turn with a roll of the neck.

Melody let her fingertips gently flick the charcoal tipped pencil

she was using, before once again letting her fingertips slowly put the pencil

into a slot on her satchel, the leather not quite matching other parts. She kept

the book in her hand as she stood herself from the bench she sat at, her canteen

now in her bag. After standing, she laid her satchel over her shoulders, and

began to walk slowly. Her gaze was torn between the road ahead of her and

the book in her hand, quietly trying to imagine things that needed to be done. 

She moved past the two men at the tavern but was looking between

the book, and if they were looking, it seemed to be a short list and several shapes on

it with information scribbled neatly to the side or above or below it. Though any

contents wouldn't have been thoroughly seen except for the vague shape of a knife.

As her feet carried her, she approached the blacksmith near the town square, though

she stopped and let the book close onto her hands, letting her freckled fingertips

loosely hold onto the book. She seemed to take a deep breath, taking in the air

but gave a short cough onto the back of her hand, before clearing her throat. 

But that's when she almost feel something's stare. Standing

outside of the butcher's shop, she turned around, to look over the area around her,

trying to see if anyone were eyeing her. She wouldn't necessarily be surprised, after

she only arrived a few weeks ago. She's been something of a nomad but she had

decided she was safe for the time, though if the people thought so, that would be a

different story. So she let her eyes sweep over the area, noting the two men in front

of the tavern and the lioness standing guard. 

"Hmm..
"

She mused quietly and soon turned to the door, letting herself into

the shop, turning the knob on the door carefully. At first she peaked her head in,

though the remnants of ash from the forge made her  pause herself. She turned to

the door for fresh air, she looked into the bag on her side and began to pull out a

handkerchief and brought it up to her mouth before stepping in, letting it help to

filter the air for her. 

Closing the door behind her, she stepped into the building and let her

boots carry her to the counter keeping her eyes peeled for the owner of the shop.

"Hello?
"

ApOYm70.png

@The Lord of Sunlight @Kiowa @Samurai Jay @Reaper 1-1

Micolash's head whipped upwards at the sound of his door opening. It was the town doctor, uh....what was her name? Micolash racked his brain; he was never good with remembering names. Melody! Yes, that's what he believed she called herself. She was holding a handkerchief up to her mouth and nose and squinting her eyes. Micolash understand why; the ash in the air was no help to vision, and neither was the fact that the Smithy had no light sources save for the forge. Since Micolash was raised in a dark mountain, his eyes had adjusted to the dark and was more comfortable in it. He opened a window to let some of the ash out and walked over to the counter, where Micolash conducted his business. He lit the candle on it and wiped his soot covered brow as he spoke.

"Morning, Doc. What can I do ya for?"

@Kasuu

Melody looked up as she offered one of her kindly smiles, nodding

back to him. She lifted her journal onto the counter and let her fingertip lightly

tap on the page.

"I suppose you could say I have a small order I would like for you
"

She looked down and began to explain. 

"I need something done for me since I cannot find my previous

set, do you think you could help me?"

She showed two main objects one being a scalpel and another being a

pair of scissors as well as a small set of needles being various lengths and widths.

"The leather bound wrapping at the scissor handle is something

I can mange, though do you think you could manage to make me

so small? I know it's asking a lot- especially if you haven't done it

before. I have the more detailed information of them if you happen

to need them. "

ApOYm70.png

@The Lord of Sunlight

James smiles and waves to Locke with his 3 fingered hand. "Morning mate. How has the hunting been lately?" He shifts the food so he won't drop ut when he stands up.

Locke

Locke smiled to James as he waved. When he asked him about the hunting Locke was quick to answer. "It's been good. I'm going out after I'm done with Butch. I'm supposed to meet him here soon." he said to James.  Locke looked around the square before he entered the tavern. He didn't see much but one thing stood out to him. The lioness guard that was staring at him. He did nothing but waved to her and flashed a grin her way.  " She is awfully ominous over there. That guard." Locke said to James. He couldn't see why she would be eyeing him down with so much intent.

@Kiowa

♘ Leona 

Leona eyes scanned over the square again before she stood up. The small huff underneath her breath was reaction to her yawning again, before she rolled her shoulders over. She watched the doctor walk into the blacksmiths, not trouble there. Leona liked the blacksmith. Good at his work and produced fine quality blades for anyone who needed them. Perhaps she would visit soon for personal business. Even still, one less person to worry about for now. Locke had gone to talk to the tavern keeper and conversed for a while before Leona soon lost interested. Still in her list of people to watch, but at the moment, he wasn't top priority.

Her shift had only just begun, but she could tell it was going to be another one of those quiet days and she needed something to do to keep her busy. Often a pass time, Leona took out a small pouch from her belt, revealing small stones shaped and buffed to a necklace. Staring at it for a long time her eyes closed and she held it tight in her hands before putting it back and taking out a fresh and uncut stone. A light coloured pebble was a more accurate description to it. Her claw was just about scarp enough to carve into it, so that's what she began to do, keeping her eyes every now and again up on the square.

Henry "Butch" Lenman

Henry soon arrived in the square. He sighed in relief as he saw Locke just outside the tavern. Henry hated being late, especially with social matters. He even told Locke that he had a small window to see him because he wanted to open shop early. He approached Locke and the tavern keeper. "Sorry if I'm late Locke. I woke up later than what I wished." Henry said as he put a hand on Locke's shoulder. He and Locke were good friends due to  their business. Locke gets the meat, Henry buys it from him. Good trade.

@Reaper 1-1 (wait)

Volaren woke up surprisingly groggy for the first time in years. Stretching slowly, Volaren got out of bed and walked over to his water bowl and splashed cold water in his face to wake himself up. Looking in the mirror, Volaren noted all of his scars he acquired over the years in the Lothren military. Throwing on a plain white shirt and a pair of soft dark red velvet trousers, and some comfortable shoes, Volaren brushed his hair and let it flow freely when hes off duty. Grabbing his ebony longsword whose hilt was made with a mixture of quicksilver and gold with a emerald encased in the center of the pommel, Volaren buckled it on and walked out the door. 

It was a beautiful morning in New Haven and Volaren eyes adjusted to the bright sunlight. Walking towards the center of town, Volaren greeted the villagers warmly. Despite being an elf and their apparent social standing with other races outside of the city states, Volaren was treated warmly by all of the residents of New Haven. Making his was towards the town square Volaren saw Leona the day shift guard. Walking by her he said,"Good morning Leona", and kept on going towards the tavern. 

Coming just outside the tavern, Volaren saw the hunter Locke and the tavern owner James having a conversation. Walking towards them Volaren nodded to the both of them. "Good morning you two. James can I get some mead to start the day please", Volaren pulled out two gold coins from his small purse. Volaren heard another person walking towards them and turned his head to see Henry Lenman, though everyone called him "Butch". He is New Haven's butcher. "Hey Butch."

@Kiowa @Reaper 1-1 @Samurai Jay

James chuckles a bit and looks at locke after his comment on the guard. "Oi don't worry mate its probably since your the only one going in and out of the town often. You know how paranoid those guards get... for good reason I know all the shot the rangers taught me I can barely sleep some nights knowing how easy a whole town can just "vanish"".

James smirks when he sees butch beginning to walk over. "Ahhh Butch was meaning to ask you if you wanted to play cards later. Bets are a whole pig for a barrel of ail to the winner. I want to see if we can get the blacksmith to join for some custom metal work also."

He sees the head guard walking over to the porch and chuckles softly to him self while thinking. "Boy I'm popular today... Well at least this morning I'm everyone's friend come meal or dinner time."

He hears the request for some mead and slops inside quickly to grab a mug full. "Sure thing captain. Hey have you guys heard when the next caravan is comeing in? Ive been trying to get my hands on a new set of spices for the cider but the last few times someone brought them out before I got there?"

Micolash crossed his arms as he listened to her, staring down at her journal. It was an oddly simple design, for a doctor at least. He nodded as he looked back up at her.

"Hm. A set of tools? No problem. In fact, I've got some scissors and a scalpel for sale, if you feel like purchasing them. Of course, if you'd like a specific pattern in them, I could make a fresh pair. Would take longer though. The needles will take some time as well; gotta be very delicate with them."

He ducked underneath the counter and pulled out a large wooden box and opened it up. Inside was a multitude of tools, ranging from hammers all the way to hooks. Pairs of scissors sat in them, with scalpels next to them, with a small tag labeled 'Five silver each' under them.

@Kasuu

Melody  smiled faintly and nodded to him as she she watched him move

about and look over the items. She watched his movements carefully with her mouth

still quietly behind the rag. 

"Aye, I'll take them. Though I'd still like a personal set. I'll even

give these back if I do not have to use them before the new ones

are completed."

Melody used her hand to reach into her satchel and began to rustle through it,

and lifted it, setting it ontop of the books she had  set down. the rather heavy looking

pouch sat precariously on top as she felt around the insides for two silvers, before

letting her hand remain in the pouch. 

"How much would you assume that everything would be?"

She had looked up wide eyed, awaiting for the balance respectfully, and even

lowering the rag to reveal a freckled face and smiling mouth, trying to be as respectful

as possible.

ApOYm70.png

@The Lord of Sunlight

♘ Leona 

Seeing Volaren, Leona nodded her head gracefully in great respect to him. "Good morning, Sir." He was one person that Leona held respect for. It wasn't just because of the fact he was a fellow guard, but he was a brave soul of an Elven gentleman to be in the town. She watched gently as he went over towards the tavern and conversed with the other people, she couldn't understand that entirely but that wasn't any matter to her at that point. She carried on carving into the pebble she had in her hand before putting it back into the pouch and tying it to her belt soon standing up she stretched out her limbs with a slight roar like round after. The attention of her eyes went back onto the square and the tavern on occasion. Her posture, as usual, was tall and straight with little wiggle room to be unbalanced.

Locke

Locke let James finish his little spree of activity before he spoke. "Not late at all Butch" he said to Henry. Locke then looked back to James and said " I'm not in and out too often. Only to sell some hunt and visit the tavern every now and then. I think she's just paranoid because of my visits to the village from the woods. ". He then looked to the captain of the guard. "If it isn't the elven captain himself" he said to Voleran. " Aye. It's just the morning buzz. Wait till midday and it'll be different" he said to James with a toothy smile.  Looking around the square once more, Locke moved his hand in a waving motion and said "Let's get inside and eat something good".

Henry "Butch" Fenman

Butch nodded to the elven captain standing in front of the tavern keeper and Locke. Chuckling to what he said about a card game, he said to the tavern keep " Aye. I'm up for the challenge. I'll let ye know now, I'm pretty good.". Henry was glad that the people of this town were friendly. He was really going to like New Haven. He nodded to Locke as he moved to go inside the tavern.

Seeing and smelling the delicious fermented honey drink brought to him, Volaren smiled enthusiastically and grabbed the mug of mead and down the whole thing in one gulp. Licking his lips Volaren exclaimed, "Now that is some good mead! Thank you James. As for the caravans, bandit activity has increased a bit in the past month so that's why they bring the spices so quickly then leave." 

Nodding at Locke's idea to get some food and go inside Volaren let them go in first and just as he was about to go inside, he glanced over at Leona and whistled sharply to get her attention. Walking a bit closer to her Volaren stated, "How about you come and join us Leona", and before she could respond he added, "that's an order." He smirked when he said it though to let her know he was't being a hardass. 

Turning around Volaren headed towards the tavern and headed inside. 

@Kiowa @Reaper 1-1 @Samurai Jay

♘ Leona 

Quickly perking her ears towards the whistle, she stood straight looking over to Volaren. Her head was strictly still, not much movement as that as a mountain face. An invitation? To drink? What could go wrong. Well Leona could list many, not being much of a drinker it was a hesitation of acceptance, but than came the order. She knew it wasn't particularity serious, but even still she rolled her eyes, taking one last glance over the square deciding it would be fine to leave it for a while. Slowly she headed over towards the tavern. She glanced back for a moment before peering in, taking a breath and shaking her head, she stepped inside looking at the Butcher, Locke, Volaren and James.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back