Town square

Locke

Locke engaged in a couple conversations after he walked in. Both of them were about the hunt. He returned to his seat at the bar. "Hmm, what do i get?" he asked himself before he heard another person enter the tavern. Like anyone would, he shot a look over there. Locke couldn't believe what he saw, the lioness guard that was out in the square. Being his normal self when in town, he joked a bit. "Well, if it isn't the steel-stared guardess herself" he said to her over the cver the crowd. He was genuinely surprised that she entered. She probably was ordered by her captain.

James Chuckles and walks into the tavern and quickly behind  the counter. "hey lockey I won't mess with the guard the might shove a metal boot up ye arse.

♘ Leona ♘

Golden eyes looked sharply over to Locke, not taking kindly to the comment before glancing over to James and letting out a slight huff. She walked over towards Locke she stared down at him for a moment, a dead-pan face that would send shivers up most peoples back, but she was still working out what Locke was all about, her lip curled as one of fangs showed before walking away and standing next to Volaren. "Why do you bring me into places like this.." She asked him in a low and dull voice. Everything was telling her just to leave, but orders are orders. Mere moments after she looked up to James and politely said for once. "Mead, if you please, love." Offering a tight and uncomfortable smile before looking back down at the bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Locke

Locke stared back at the lioness as she stood above him. She was intimidating, but not enough to spook Locke. He simply smiled as she walked away to Voleran. He then turned to James with the same smile he gave the guard. "Ah, it's just the morning getting to me. Give the day some time and I'll be back to my good ol' self. In case you don't know, the morning to me is like ale to a dwarf" he said. He was normally a stern, serious person. But there was something about the morning that flipped that on its head. Locke wasn't planning on ordering anything, but had feelings about the mead. "Ah, to hell with it. I'll take a mead as well. Wasn't planning on drinking any today but it's only a glass of mead." Locke said. He didn't think the mead would do much harm, but he's never had it.

Volaren noted Leona's eye roll, but decided not to make a remark about it. Locke addressed Leona knowing that she didn't care for the fox-man. She'll warm up to him eventually... I hope. Hearing James' remark, Volaren chuckled a bit and turned to Locke, "He's not kidding. Just saying Locke, she's a fierce one. Though she'll warm up to you", glancing from side to side making it seem like he was deep in thought, Volaren then shrugged his shoulders and finished with, "I hope." Patting Locke on the back Volaren took a seat in one of the chairs and put his feet on the table and leaned back. Leona then confronted Locke and then came by his side. "The reason I asked you here is so you can socialize a bit. You can do your duties and still be warm to people, now whether they're warm back that's a different topic", Volaren whispered in a low tone. Turning his attention to Locke, Volaren said, "I apologize for that Locke." 

Looking over at James, Volaren said, "James can I some cooked beef and potatoes and a side of milk." Looking back at the others, Volaren addressed Leona first. "so Leona it's been a while seen me and you sparred. How about after this me and you go to a nice grove and test each others reflexes. It'll do the both of us some good. Remember I wasn't Elven special forces for nothing." Winking at her, Volaren turned to Locke and said, "Also you be careful out there in the wilderness Locke. I don't want our best hunter to be killed by some random bandits. I've heard some rumors that certain bandit groups are coming together and forming a coalition. Normally they would be at each other throats, but with war brewing in the east, who knows what will happen." Finally giving his attention Butch, Volaren added, "I hope your business is going well Butch I'll have to stop by later and check out your selection." 

@Kiowa  @Reaper 1-1 @Samurai Jay 

James chuckles and pulls out two mugs and fills them with mead. He also uses a quick burst of wind magic to chill the glasses and drinks. He quickly looks between them before smirking and speaking in an amused voice "Locke you have to either apologize to the woman or pay for her drink. Come on be a gent."

He nods hearing volarens words. And quickly goes into the back before appearing with the potatoes and the milk. "Any chance I can set some betting set up for that match. I havent seen you elves fight since I got captured by the alliance when I was a ranger."

♘ Leona ♘

Sparring was always something Leona found fun. Normally it was either against people who thought she was nothing more than a little house cat that could be tamed, it normally ended up with a few broken ribs and a broken nose and her walking away with a few scratches. At 6ft4 she wasn't exactly an easy challenge but compared to Voleran she was a house cat. But even still, Leona liked a challenge, it was something for either to improve on or look back to as a memory she wouldn't forget. Mead in hand she took a sip from it before rolling her neck. "Sounds good to me Voleran. On the topic of warming up to people however, that doesn't sound as good. When have I ever warmed up to someone." She almost chuckled under her breath finding it amusing for some reason, hard headed was probably the best way to describe her at this point. She did warm up to people after a while, but she never really liked to admit it.

Taking another gulp of her drink she yawned slightly, it had been a long night. She'd been busy doing her own thing outside of town. "Don't worry about the pay, I only pay for my drinks, no one else." Ofcourse, another lie. But what was a woman to do in a town like this. Digging into on of her pouches on her belt she laid down a few coins passing them over the James on the bar.

Locke

Locke looked at James for a second, then looked down. He did know that he was being a bit of a bother, but it's just the morning. "Fine then. Sorry for being a such a jest miss. Once the morning is done I'll be back to my ol' self again" he said looking back to the guard. Placing the payment for the mead on the bar, he looked over to Voleran after he patted him on the back. Locke was known to be a bit of a jester everywhere he went in the morning, but after that even the most serious guards would still warm up to him. "Bah, it's alright. Everywhere I go I make the guards go a little crazy in the morning. That's the reason why I sleep in a little more. I just woke up early" he said to the captain. When Voleran mentioned something about bandits in the forest Locke simply grinned. "Bandits will be no bother. If I am to come across any I'll show them the true meaning of fear. Being hunted down like the damned animals they are." Locke said to Voleran. It seems his morning buzz may have faded. Though it would take another moment to be able to see the difference.

Henry "Butch" Fenman

Butch just let the conversations go on. Until the captain asked about the shop. "The shops been doing great. Feel free to stop by when you want" he said before turning to James. "I'll just take some pork" he said as he put down the payment.

Micolash let a small laugh escape him at her proposal. "Aye, you could do that if you like. So long as there ain't any nicks to 'em." He said, taking a pair of scissors from the box as well as a scalpel and setting it on the counter in front of her. He closed the box and when the matter of the price came up, his eyes flicked away for a second, then returned to her as he put the box away.

"Well, the scissors and the scalpel will cost ya ten silver. Gotta make the needles first, but if I had to guess, those'll most likely be eight."

He flipped open the ledger where he kept all his orders and scanned it with his eyes, grunting to himself.

"If you do want custom items, it's going to be a while. I'm already working on a couple of pieces of armor and some blades from the town guard, so those do come first. Normally, a custom pair of those will set ya back twenty five silver, but since I still owe you for sewing up that gash from that panther, I'll give it to ya for fifteen when it's finished. That sound fair?"

He closed his ledger and looked at her with a wry smile, dusting his hands on his apron, a bit of soot smearing on it.

@Kasuu

Chuckling at James' comment, Volaren smiled, "maybe James' the match isn't for bets. It's just plain old fashioned practice, nothing more." Volaren glanced over at Leona as he said finished. Placing the money down on the counter Volaren brought the plate over to his table and began to eat. Hearing Locke's comment Volaren shook his head slightly and gulping down his food, Volaren looked at Locke and said in a serious tone, "I'm not kidding Locke. I've seen what bandits can do first hand. You're too valuable to this community to be that brazen; so please, be careful." Giving the fox-man another good stare, Volaren finished his food and got up and stretched. 

"Well that was a good breakfast James, thank you for that. Well Leona lets get going. Good seeing you gentleman", Looking back at Butch Volaren called back to him, "I'll stop by later Butch." Turning around and walking outside the tavern, Volaren started talking with Leona. "Locke's gonna get himself killed with that type of attitude. All these villagers take what they have for granted too much. I'm glad I have you around Leona, someone I can count on. Sorry about earlier, I just wanted you to get more comfortable around the people, let them know you're like them you just have a different duty. Anyway lets stop by the blacksmith for a quick second." 

Entering inside the blacksmith's shop Volaren noted that Micolash already had a customer. It was a young woman in her early twenties, and very beautiful. Walking up beside her Volaren greeted the blacksmith. "Good morning Micolash", looking to his side he addressed the young woman. "Good morning to you too miss. Hmm, I don't recognize you miss, are you new here in New Haven?" 

@Kiowa @Kasuu @The Lord of Sunlight @Samurai Jay @Reaper 1-1

Locke

Locke shook his head as Voleran left the tavern with that comment. He didn't believe that bandits were going to be a problem out in the woods. "Well, thanks for the mead James. I got to hunt, butchers need meat.  Good seeing you all. I should be seeing you later. Good day" Locke said as he stood up and walked towards the door. He didn't exist yet, he turned his head and looked over his shoulder. "And Leona, have a nice day as well" he said before leaving the tavern. He had overheard what Voleran had said to her. Locke thought "Am I really that important to the point where the captain of the guards is concerned?". He continued down the street towards the path leading to his house.

ps: moving over to Locke's Cabin for the hunt

Melody had turned her head as she counted out the 10 coins and

set them onto the counter as well as half for her correct order. She gave a

slight smile as she turned back, placing the coins onto Micolash's ledger, a

small laugh echoing from her. She nodded to him as she soon began to put

her coin purse back away. 

"It only sounds reasonable for quality work. I've seen some

of it and I must say, I am impressed."

She smiled at him for the time being and then turned her attention

to the man who had just entered, taking a step to the side to allow more access

to the blacksmith as well. She gave him a light bow of her head. 

"Aye, I suppose you could say I am new to the area. I've been

here a short while though I tend to keep to my own devices."

Melody spoke calmly but soon turned back to the blacksmith as

something seem to have struck her once more. She turned to Micolash, deciding

to ensure something before once again taking her leave from the place.

"Please take your time with it. The scalpel and scissors should

hold me well for a time. "

She offered a kindly smile to him and then to him, offering her

hand in turn. 

"Might I ask your name, stranger? Mine is Melody."

Her name rolled off of her tongue easily though internally she had

to pause and collect herself before speaking, letting out a sigh after her statement.

ApOYm70.png

@The Lord of Sunlight @Twyllvarlais

James chuckles as the head guard says no to his wanting to bet and its only for practice. "I want to have a little fight with you one day I might be a bit handycaped but I can still give you a hard time."

He hears that Locke is about to head out and decides to call out quick before he hets out of ear shot. "OI LOCKE BAG A DEER AND ILL BUY IT OFF YOU IM TRYING TO GET A STEW FOR TONIGHT!!!"

He turns towards leona. "So would i be pressing into hostile territory if I asked about the scars?" He holds up his hand showing off the missing fingers used to draw a bow string. "Its just something i never got to ask about, but it is always good to talk to people about these events... (Read next part with merth) And who better then a bartender if I'm told correctly." He puts another mead in front of her "its on the house"

@Reaper 1-1 @Twyllvarlais @Kiowa

"Well good to meet you Melody. My name is Volaren Direnni, Captain of the Guard", gesturing towards Leona, Volaren added, "this is one of my guards Leona. What is it you do here in New Haven Melody?" Volaren stared at her completely ignoring everything around him. For some reason Melody remind him of somebody from his past, but he couldn't seem to recall who they were. 

@Kiowa @Kasuu

Yuha 

Yuha had finally returned to the Town after about a month of absence, he had notified anyone who would care through some posters at the Town Square beforehand. But now he has returned, carrying that iconic briefcase, that looked like it was bulging with multiple items as usual. The straps, and the locks seemed to be holding on tightly to the casing to ensure no mortal eye's shall peer into its secrecy. 

Yuha breathed in the crisp air, and then exhaled almost happily. "I'm back home...Or at least I can consider it home." He made his way to the town square, his shoes thumping and clacking hard against the ground. The ends of his trench coat danced with the wind in delight to be home once more as well it seemed! Soon enough he was in the Town Square, and made his way to his old, yet still strongly built house. The previous owners had died in that house and Yuha took it for a cheap price when he had arrived at least a year ago.

Since then he's made it his own, stuffed with books on shelves, desks full of charts, writings, designs, and trinkets. It was definitely a worthy purchase considering he still has a few more rooms to stuff with goodies. Mainly when someone would walk in the door, Yuha would be sitting at a desk in the first room.. Which was where Yuha would set up his business. You could say Yuha was many things spanning to a Merchant,  jewler, craftsman, or just your normal old Alchemist, whatever you'd wanna do with them..

He unlocked the door to his home, setting any extra things down and then left as quickly as he had walked in the door. Returning to Town Square with his briefcase in hopes of seeing anyone who might remember his face. He was known to be the outcast, and never stayed in the Town for long before leaving for another expidition or journey.. He wouldn't be surprised if nobody remembered or really cared of his return. Soon enough he heard the bustling voices of many townspeople, putting on his cheerful smile as he made his re-entrance to Town Square. 

Melody's eyes drift from him to the lioness, offering a smile

to the woman. She seemed intrigued by the beastkin as she didn't frequently

see them growing up. So she offered her hand to her as well. She seemed to

search her face for a moment, though respectfully lowered her head at her

as to not probe too far for the woman's own comfort as well as her own. 

"Well met, ma'am. I've been hoping to meet you."

Melody looked between the two as she let Micolash do what

he needed to for the time being as he looked over the logs. Giving a slight

sigh, she turned her frame towards the two, her shoulders square with them

as she began to speak, keeping her voice light. 

"I am the current doctor within the town for now. So I'll be

the one to take care of you should anything go amiss.

But, let's hope it doesn't."

She laughed lightly as she looked between the two as her hands

went to fold over one another on her skirt. She then turned to Leona once

more after giving each a once over. 

"If you two have any tips on your kind, please let me know.

I would hate to do you more harm than good if I do need to

help you. So if you would eventually let me take notes on you,

I feel it would benefit the both of us."

Melody gave both a heart-warming smile, as she occasionally glanced

back to Micolash to see if he had needed anything for the logs then back to them,

awaiting for either or any of them to respond. 

ApOYm70.png

@Kiowa @Twyllvarlais @The Lord of Sunlight

Locke 

Locke hadn't even stopped by his house to put his bow and quiver away, so they stayed on his shoulder as he entered the town once more. He tried to hide it the best he could, but with each step brought another wave of pain causing him to grit his teeth as he moved along. A few people gave him questioning stares as he kept his hand pressed against the wound. Also he did was nod back. Now nearing the tavern again, he used the walls to support him. He watched as people went in and out of the tavern. Using one of the opportunities, he slipped inside the door. Back in the tavern, he saw James at the counter and Butch hadn't moved yet. "I'm back" he said weakly. He then started coughing. At the end of this fit, he looked at his arm he had coughed into and saw blood. Not good. He leaned up against the wall, gritting his teeth once more as he fell into the wall, still keeping pressure on the wound. "James, would you know where the doctor is?" Locke asked. His arm was stained with blood, his face was stained with blood, his side was stained with blood. And even a small streak of blood coming from his mouth.

♘ Leona ♘

Tavern

Leona sighed for a moment as she listen to Voleran talk about Locke. He was right in a sense, it was more dangerous in the world than most thought at first glance, while some of them knew that better than most Leona didn't want anything to happen to those in the town. They were a close community after all, looked out for one another even if they were the coldest of people toward each other. This counted for Leona too, she didn't dislike Locke, not at all, she was just weary of him but wouldn't wish him injured. She nodded to him once he'd finished and stayed sat as he left, she'd soon follow after.

Moments later her ears pinned back as her faced screwed up when she heard the question that James had asked. Looking up to him it wasn't a question she was accustomed to answering fully. Only a few people knew and most of them were dead. She picked up the mead and downed it in one before standing up and glaring at him. "Your people did." She soon left after that, standing out side she took a moment to catch her breath, memories flooding back as if they were happening in-front of her she headed herself towards the blacksmith, fist clenched shut and eyes locked on.

Blacksmith

Entering the blacksmith, she glanced around the place. Her body relaxing slightly she gazed over Melody with a cold stare but nothing to frightening. Her brow rose fully as she offered out her hand, Leona wasn't normally one for such formalities but she reached out her hand as well, almost engulfing Melody's before returning it back underneath her other crossed arm. "Not many wish to meet me. Most find out why." Leona answered bluntly before chuckling to herself for a moment. It was a funny joke to herself but not to those who'd found out why.

Hearing that this woman was a doctor, Leona was intrigued. She knew a new person had come into town to take the job a while back hearing the whispers of the town folk, not being top priority to investigate it however Leona never really bothered to try and find out who. Once the statement about Best-kin and Elves came in however, for once Leona actually laughed quite loud.  "Never had notes taken about myself, dunno about you Voleran. Don't tend to be a lab rat." She glanced back to Melody with a simplistic nod however.

Yuha 

Town Square: After taking in the sights of the Town Square, Yuha decided to go and rest his weary soul and body in the Tavern. Making his way to the Tavern he noticed Leona walking out, he could tell something was wrong, considering her facial expressions spelled such. As soon as she strode out of the Tavern she was off again, Yuha blinked, but shrugged. Deciding it was best to leave the lady alone. Soon enough he himself slid into the Tavern with relative ease, and sneakiness. 

Tavern: Inside the Tavern, Yuha took note of many things going on, Locke and his injury, James sitting close to the bar. So much was going on, probably even when he was gone. He slithered his way towards a lone seat from the others, making sure his presence wouldn't disturb anyone in conversation already. Setting his brief case on the table he waited patiently for his turn to order a drink. 

Hearing that she was the new doctor in town Volaren felt relieved. Though the whole note taking thing was some what questionable, but if anyone was going to be taking notes about his body he would want it to be with a beautiful young lady like Melody. Hearing Leona's remark he chuckled, "If you put it that way it sounds bad, but she's just trying to help us by knowing our race's physiology. We are quite alien compared to humans that regard. Don't worry your fur is beautiful Leona makes me want cuddle with you", making a weird face at Leona, Volaren acted like he was about to hug her and then started laughing. 

"Anyway it was nice to meet you Melody", taking her hand it kissing it lightly, Volaren turned to Micolash and said, "well we'll be leaving now Micolash. I got go and whoop Leona's ass." Volaren was hoping to get Leona riled up before the fight, he liked psychological warfare before a sparring match. 

Leaving the blacksmith and his customer Volaren waited for Leona to follow him. He then noticed a blood trail leading from the outskirts of town to the tavern. Instantly Volaren's senses were on high alert unsheathing his sword Volaren followed the blood trail to the tavern and coming inside he saw Locke with blood dripping from him. Immediately Volaren ran to the blacksmith and grabbed the doctor by the arm and said quickly, "Melody I have someone who is seriously injured in the tavern please follow me!" Running outside and back to the tavern Volaren moved some things off a table and addressed Locke, "You can explain how it all happened later. You need to lie down on that table!" Looking at James Volaren yelled, "Get me some whiskey James, the strong stuff, and rags if you got 'em!" 

@Kasuu @Kiowa @Reaper 1-1 @Samurai Jay @The Lord of Sunlight

Locke

Locke smiled as Voleran came running in with somebody at his arm. Nodding to him as he told him to lie down on the table, he moved over towards the table. Using his off hand to keep him standing, he climbed up on the table. Christ, did it hurt. "Wondering when you were gonna find me" he said to Voleran as he lied down. Turning his head to the side, he spit out some more blood. "James, sorry I couldn't get that deer for ya. I'll be back out as soon as I can" Locke said. He took his hand off the wound for a second, looking down to see what the bastard had done to him. Locke smiled as he looked at Voleran. "The rat got lucky. I didn't hit his blade away when I killed him. He managed to jab me" he said before coughing a little more, then started talking again. "Four of 'em, and they didn't put up any fight. Except for the lucky one.". Locke rolled over a bit, unfortunately the wounded side. "Ugh. Can you slide my bow and quiver off?" he asked Voleran. Gritting his teeth every second he was in that position.

Melody's gaze seemed to have deepened, her pale blue eyes searching

Voleran. She quickly turned to Micolash, and have a sorrowful look. 

"It seems I will have to use that as soon as possible."

Her fingertips moved to her journal and gripped onto it as she moved

towards the door, following suit behind the elf. Already before arriving, she

had rolled up her sleeves and shoved her braid behind her back. She opened her

satchel and began to pull out the heavy canvas apron she held as situations such

as this happen rather frequently for her. So she's learned to finally get used to the

various calls that came her way, many of them being ones such as this one. Her

eyes followed him to the trail of blood and once through the door, she immediately

rushed to Locke's side, her eyes immediately scanning him. 

Her fingertips immediately went to the Fox-kin's ears, feeling the temperature

as she assessed the rest of him with her eyes. She had awaited the rags so she could

help halt the blood with the pressure needed but for now..

"What can you feel? Are you able to wiggle your toes, sir? Are you

feeling anything else other than the wound, symptoms?"

Melody's eyes looked over his own as she leaned in to check them, her hand

moving over the one that was holding onto the cut, but applying pressure around the

wound rather than to the cut itself, limiting the about of blood able to get though the

cut skin. If other people were used to the assessment, it was clear she was checking for

symptoms of poison on the blade as blood began to coat her fingertips with a rather

determined look on her face. She herself seemed to have changed slightly in her attitude,

being rather serious and straightforward with work, trying to make sure each of her steps

were followed lest something get missed and he end up hurting more than she wished for

him too. 

She watched over him like a hack, her pale blue gaze being very meticulous, not

wanting to miss a thing as she watched on, awaiting for the rag and alcohol as Voleran requested.

ApOYm70.png

@Samurai Jay @Twyllvarlais @Reaper 1-1 @Kiowa @The Lord of Sunlight

James sighs and jumps over the counter and grabs a clear glass bottle. "this is almost pure alcohol its a pain in the arse to make but should be good enough for medical use... I have it for starting the cooking fires up when they die."

he glances over and sees Yuha. "Oi yuha il help you out once foexy here isn't bleeding out on my floor!"

Locke

Locke managed to slide his bow and quiver off before the woman got to him, dropping it on the floor. He could tell she was the doctor by how she was working. Checking his ears, the way she was observing him, the questions she asked led him to this conclusion. "I can feel everything else but the cut is the most prevalent." Locke told her. He cringed up a bit as she put pressure around the wound. Locke made sure he kept his own hand against the cut to limit blood loss. "There's your alcohol miss. Thanks James" he said, coughing after. The pain was going to much more severe when the alcohol would be poured on the wound, but it was going to help.

♘ Leona ♘

Leona listened as Voleran spoke about Melody just wanting to know abut there physiology, but Leona was just sure he wouldn't mind having a woman stare at his body. All men were the same in some respects, at least in her eyes. That was until her started talking about her fur, her brows furrowed looking to him as if he was going to hug her. Giving out a half-arsed growl to him she lightly shook her head with a chuckle after. She waited until Voleran was finished with his goodbyes, and in turn Leona bowed her head lightly to Melody. "Such a gentleman Voleran." Remarking the kiss to the young woman's hand. "Shame you won't be such a gentleman once this fight is done." Leona smirked, shaking a little as the cold breeze blow by, her ears picked up as she saw the blood. Drawing her sword she was ready, before rushing to the tavern to inspect. 

Low and behold, the person she'd been watching all morning was injured. Typical. She watched from the shadows of the tavern, not getting involved with anything. It was interesting to see everyone rushing around and trying to stop Locke from bleeding out. She did however glance over to where James had been shouting to see the notorious Yuha. The suitcase man. Her brow raised and her curiosity increased, it had been some time since he had been in the town and it was a surprise that he'd made it back all in once piece. But even so, he wasn't the main concern right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back