Town square

Unknown Fairy.png

Laine was at a house of a local carpenter. She was impressively sleeping inside the owner's closet wardrobe. she fits perfectly inside making it a comfortable sleep. She slept harder than she should. The carpenter who was the owner the house has quite a messy home. She organized and clean the carpenter's clothes, polished his tools, and sweep the flooring of the house. All in one night. She was quite tired from all of that. 

Luckily for Laine that the carpenter was quite a heavy sleeper. Laine can even hear him snoring. She opened the closet gently, hoping that this won't wake the owner up. Once she completely got herself out she closed the closet door. Her wings were aching due to the closet's cramped space. Laine massaged her veined wings while listening to the owner's unbearable snoring. After a few massages. She gently fluttered across the bedroom, not making a single creaking noise. Her fluttering was quite enough to lead her to the exit of the room. She used the owner's bathroom to clean herself and her outfit. 

After a while. She fluttered downstairs to make a meal for herself and the owner. The house didn't seem to have much options for a good hearty meal. It seems like the only thing she can prepare for now was just porridge. Laine prepared it on a huge metal pot. She scooped some of the hot porridge on two bowls one for herself, and one for the owner. She ate her portion and placed it in what it seems to be a sink without no faucet. Laine covered the owner's bowl with a plate, preventing it from getting cold. She heard footsteps slowly coming down the stairs. Laine Knew that the carpenter was now awake. She opened the kitchen window flew straight out of it. She closed it though, making her trail flawlessly invisible. The carpenter was confused on how his home was now clean and a meal was already prepared for him. He simply shrugged it off and ate Laine's prepared meal. Surprisingly the porridge was really good.

Laine flew in the back of the house then over the house's roof. Laine seemed to have grown found of the place. She's only been here for a past couple of days and she already managed to know the town a little more. She glided from roof to roof until she reached the nearest roof building where she can see the town square clearly. Her spot was quite a good one she is hardly seen from up the roof. While her transparent veined wings were exposed Laine thought that she might stay a little while. She knew the day she will be driven out of the place or worse. get executed. She knew she had to be extra careful for she saw the town's securities was no joke. And they wont be showing mercy. Laine dismissed the thought and enjoyed the view.   

Last edited by a moderator:
All Volaren could do at this point is let the doctor do her thing. Melody worked meticulously on Locke to make sure she didn't miss any detail. He admired her work immensely due to the fact he had been around a lot of doctors in during his lifetime, always getting stitched up after battles or skirmishes. He was just glad that someone like Melody was here in town. 

Going around to the other side of the table that Locke was laying on, Volaren decided to question him. "So tell me how did they get the jump on you? It was almost as if fate taught you a lesson after you ignored my warnings Locke." 

@Reaper 1-1 @Kasuu @Kiowa @Samurai Jay

Locke

Locke smirked as Voleran walked up. "Well, if you wish to get literal here, I got the jump on them. I was looking for a deer for James' stew and I heard them approach. I jumped on one, killed two by throwing knives, and that lucky one got me as I charged him. They don't put up much of a fight do they?" he answered Voleran. He gritted his teeth once more and said "And to second that, I was careful. I headed your warning. I just should have brought another knife". 

Melody's eyes continued to look over the wound carefully, applying

the pressure. After getting the rags and alcohol, she set aside the latter for now.

She frowned as as the rag began to block up the wound as she clotted it with the

pressure, though she noticed it took considerably longer. Due to foxes being more

limber as well as quick, she came to the conclusion that fox-kin were the same in

that aspect.. Which meant thinner blood as a result. She sighed as she looked between

the wound and Locke, nodding to him. 

"Well you already know what is in store for you. But I do not have

my sewing kit. Depending on how quickly you heal, you should be

okay, but I am telling you this now. No hunting until the wound

itself has healed."

She was silently thankful for Volaren's presence, keeping him awake as she

worked. Her eyes had moved across the rag and continued to dab at it for how, waiting

for the wound to clot itself, before she move in to take a closer look to see if anything

important had gotten punctured, but she already assumed it hadn't.. It was in his side,

below his ribs.. So his lungs seemed to be fine but..

Blood from his mouth.. But why.. 

She grimaced, unsure where the blood was coming from. She sighed as she used

her forearm to wipe down her forehead for a moment in thought. Then it came to her. 

Wait, his stomach?

Immediately she turned to him again, placing her hand over where she assumed

his belly might be. Even if he had larger lungs, the placement couldn't be in that region.

Though his stomach might be where the blood is coming from, so she had to clot it up

as soon as possible. She hoped  it was his stomach. Soon she placed her hand on his

stomach and applied a bit of pressure, making her way over to where the wound was,

only applying a small amount to see if the clotting she formed broke a small bit, silently

praying it does. 

"How painful is this?"
ApOYm70.png

@Reaper 1-1 @Twyllvarlais

♘ Leona ♘

Growling under her breath as she watched the scene go on, she picked out a small toothpick from one of the tables and began chewing on it. "Lets be honest here shall we. He's like a fox, never gonna be strong or quick enough take on more than two. Shouldn't go out hunting alone." Leona was brutally honest at this point, or at least that would be how it came across. If she went full-head on she would have said he shouldn't be going out alone at all., that he was too weak, etc etc. But, she held back a little. Glancing over to Voleran her face was blank for a moment, before she stretching out her arms and yawning, still watching the young Melody do her work. Not like Leona could do anything but watch at this point.  "And they clearly put up a fight if you're here bleeding and not still hunting." She scoffed a small laugh at this point. Leona wasn't intending to be mean, it was just her character. Just the way she was.

Locke

Locke shook his head as the doctor said he couldn't hunt, but he knew she was right. When she asked how much he was hurting in is stomach area he cringed up and gritted his teeth. "Yeah that's not comfortable." he said. After he heard Leona say something about foxes being weak he nearly jumped off the table. He refrained himself, staying calm. "They clearly didn't put up enough of a fight if I'm still breathing and they're rotting in the woods" he said to her. He hated being looked down upon. He was plenty capable in battle. He remembered something as he was lying on table. Voleran had said that the bandits were coming together, forming an army almost. "But, this won't go unanswered. They'll come for me for killing them. All I have to say is, they better be ready. They don't know who they are fighting." he said as he looked back to the doc. "How long do you think?".

"Well I guess I was wrong Locke. I apologize for doubting you friend. They'll definitely retaliate so that means we'll have to increase guard shifts", Volaren brought his attention to Leona and said to her, "As of this moment Leona you're gonna be my second-in-command. If I'm too busy with whatever, you can act in my stead. If the other guards gives you trouble bring it up with me and I'll sort out." 

Looking back at Locke and then at Melody, Volaren stared at Melody for a good five seconds and had a flashback when he was in the Empire's capital on a contract. He was making his way through the market when he bumped into a young blonde woman; who's features perfectly matched Melody's. 

Addressing Melody, Volaren was trying to find the right words. "Melody I know this isn't the right time, but were you in the capital a couple of years ago? Because I remember running into a woman who looked just like you." Volaren smiled on his words. For some reason he was nervous and he couldn't figure out why. 

"James give me your strongest drink." 

@Kasuu @Reaper 1-1 @Kiowa @Samurai Jay

Yuha

Yuha looked up from his very intense battle of staring at the bar table. He made a smile to James "No problem, friend. It seems you all have a lot on your hands for right now. I'll come back later, when everything is cooled down.. I'm of no help as of right now either." He stood up and took his briefcase with him. "I hope your wound heals quickly, Mr. Locke." He bowed to the young Hunter, walking out of the Tavern. He sighed in relief. "Well I definitely see I've been missing action here." He chuckled to himself before walking out to Town Square. Deciding to look up into the sky and take in what beauty the astral realm had for him. 

From there Yuha would return to his home, he'd probably return to the Tavern at a later time, when everyone was calmed down and not trying to save a man from bleeding to death! He sat on the 2nd step of the porch to his house, his legs stretched outwards. "Aye yae yae.. What a night." He looked up at the stars once more, to pass the time before he could return to the Tavern. 

@Samurai Jay

@Reaper 1-1

♘ Leona ♘

Leona snorted listening to Locke. She glanced over to Voleran soon after straightening up as she was pushed up to second in command in an instant. She inclined her head gracefully in respect to him. "I'll do my best, sir." Before looking to Locke again. "They are dealing with a fox. To put it bluntly, love." She chuckled under her breath again, before coughing a little trying to hide it. Walking over to the bar, she looked to James perking her brow. "Another mead if you please." Seeming that all the commotion had gotten Leona into a state of relaxation she decided it was time for another drink. Thankfully her tolerance as surprisingly high compared to most. She passed over a few coins to him again before her ears perked up to the conversation between Melody and Voleran. Leona didn't like to be nosy, but sometimes she just couldn't help it. It was interesting to learn about people, interesting to see what information she could gather if she ever needed to use it.

James smiles seeing that now things will be calming down a bit and he goes and gets Leona another mead. And he continuously glances up at his longbow that was in a rack above the counter sighing a bit before muttering under his breath and running his fingers over a small necklace with a gold oak leaf inscribed on it. "Wish I could go hunt those asshole bandits down like I used to hunt enemy troops during the last war. They wouldnt even know what hit them and I can feel the rush again. I miss that fuzzy bastard and his smart ass attitude too."

He ducks below the counter to grab Volaren the strongest drink he has. Which ironicly is the same stuff he used to clean out the wounds of the wounded man. "I have one bottle left of this and like I saod earlier its alcoholic as hell."

Locke

Locke was beginning to like Voleran a bit more. He seemed to agree that Locke was perfectly capable of battle. Leona on the other hand, didn't go the same way. "Yes, you are correct there. But they aren't just fighting any fox, they're fighting with me" he said to Leona. He tried to look at Voleran the best he could. "And thanks Voleran. At least you know what I can do" he said to him. Saying a goodbye to the man that had entered and left, he continued to just lie there, letting the doctor do her work. Hearing what Voleran had ordered, he raised his hand. "I'll have what he's having.". He wanted to get something in him before heading back to woods to deal with some bandits. For all he'd know it could be his last drink. " I'd drink to that James. Feel free to come with me if you want to kill em." he replied to what he had said. A noticeable amount of pain was subsiding from his abdomen. He smiled, but didn't tell the doc yet.

James looks at Locke and sighs. "I'm not giveing you anything strong untill you heal up. Last thing I need is you to be drunk off your arse and not feel yourself rip open the wound again. I bet the doc agrees with me on this."

Melody seemed agitated when Voleran, her eyes almost twitching. Here she

was stressing herself about where a wound was and he's trying to inquire about a chance

encounter for several upon several years ago. She reached her hand over to the bottle as

she listened to the conversations around her, ignoring the small line of questionings before

eventually answering Locke before anyone. 

"First of all, you should not be drinking, it will only lead to

trouble. Alcohol leads to thinner blood, something you need

a little less of currently. " She spoke matter of fact tone of voice, raising

the bottle to her lips, and began to tug at the cork, Her teeth were surprisingly

clean, as she shot a glare at Voleran. Turning her attention back to the wound,

she had ridded the bottle of the cork. She pulled away the rag she was using to

clean the blood and cured to herself, not yet dousing it in the liquid. "And this

may take up to fourteen moons to pass. Possibly even 25 moons,

but that is up to you for how long this thing takes to heal."

Melody's eyes narrowed as she focused on the wound at hand. She used he palm against

his fur to lean him upwards, so the liquid could get into the cut. Only moments after, she began to

let some of the moonshine like liquid dribble over and into the watching carefully to see if it had

drained into the mans stomach, and upon seeing that it had, she used her hand to force him back

onto his side so the alcohol wouldn't seep into his system. Using the rag in her some-times free

hand, she dabbed it as the liquid occasionally pulled away part of the clotting. So she helped it

to clot again with the pressure applied. 

She sighed as she turned to get into her bag with blood stained hands, some of it having

gotten underneath her nails and a few smears near her wrist. She pulled out a larger piece of band-

aging with a metal kind of clip connecting it. It didn't seem maneuverable, but it would certainly

do the job. Setting it aside, she turned to her bag once again and grabbed a vial of a golden substance

and a what seemed like cotton woven into a pad. It wasn't cheap, but she had known she needed it. 

If he was allergic to bees, he probably wouldn't be alive right now.

Melody assured herself as she opened the vial and began to dribble the honey over the cotton

pad and then peeled away the rag. She slid it over the wound for now and then used one hand to unravel

the tight roll of bandages, using one hand to hold it in place while the other began to wind around him,

tightening them as she goes loop by loop. 

And after several minutes, she was finished, his wound was going to be as clean as it could be, not

much else she could do without a needle. He has plenty of the silk thread but.. 

Then she remembered.

Pulling away from Locke, she looked up to Voleran, her eyes narrowing on him. She began to use the

rag and soaked it with alcohol, to finally begin to clean off her own hands. 

"Now would be the time to ask me whatever you want, though I

will not ask you again. Follow your own damn advice while I am

with a patient. The next time you want to ask a personal question I

better not have blood on my hands, so help me I will make you a

patient next." It was obvious that the blonde was agitated with him as her eyes shot

daggers at him. "I don't know what gave you the right to begin prying into

my personal life, but it certainly was not myself. And certainly not when

I am trying to work. I try to me kindly, but it's people who push me away

from different towns. Curiosity is fine but-"

She simply raised her arms that had stains of blood along the pale and freckled skin, it was obvious she

was no longer in a good mood after the line of questioning from Voleran.

ApOYm70.png

@Reaper 1-1 @Twyllvarlais

Yuha

Yuha looked up from his very intense battle of staring at the bar table. He made a smile to James "No problem, friend. It seems you all have a lot on your hands for right now. I'll come back later, when everything is cooled down.. I'm of no help as of right now either." He stood up and took his briefcase with him. "I hope your wound heals quickly, Mr. Locke." He bowed to the young Hunter, walking out of the Tavern. He sighed in relief. "Well I definitely see I've been missing action here." He chuckled to himself before walking out to Town Square. Deciding to look up into the sky and take in what beauty the astral realm had for him. 

From there Yuha would return to his home, he'd probably return to the Tavern at a later time, when everyone was calmed down and not trying to save a man from bleeding to death! He sat on the 2nd step of the porch to his house, his legs stretched outwards. "Aye yae yae.. What a night." He looked up at the stars once more, to pass the time before he could return to the Tavern. 

@Samurai Jay

@Reaper 1-1

Laine seemed to have taken notice that a man with a briefcase was taking a seat at the house's porch she was standing in top of. She thought that this man was quite special. Due to his appearance and briefcase he was carrying. Laine Immediately thought that this man owns the house she was standing atop of. Laine pulled her sleeves up and pointed her right index finger against the roof. She began to emit a small yellowish glow on the tip of her finger. A bright laser beam began to slice the roof's surface. She did this for a while. She managed to make a full perfect circle around her. upon completing the cut out circle, the cut out quickly crashed in the room making crashing noise. Laine started to panic and immediately grabbed the cut out and placed it back where it belonged. unfortunately it was perfect fit. So she'll have to improvise to fix it.

Laine seemed to have taken notice that a man with a briefcase was taking a seat at the house's porch she was standing in top of. She thought that this man was quite special. Due to his appearance and briefcase he was carrying. Laine Immediately thought that this man owns the house she was standing atop of. Laine pulled her sleeves up and pointed her right index finger against the roof. She began to emit a small yellowish glow on the tip of her finger. A bright laser beam began to slice the roof's surface. She did this for a while. She managed to make a full perfect circle around her. upon completing the cut out circle, the cut out quickly crashed in the room making crashing noise. Laine started to panic and immediately grabbed the cut out and placed it back where it belonged. unfortunately it was perfect fit. So she'll have to improvise to fix it.

Yuha

As he was entranced by the stars, a loud crashing sound broke his concentration. It was obvious that it was within the vicinty of his own home, as the porch shook a tiny bit. He looked up a bit more, at his rooftop. "Hm..Something must've broke.." He said to himself, getting up and making little to no sound as he walked. Moving swiftly  around the back of the house, he jumped up, catching onto one of the lower sidings to the house, and pulled himself up. Balancing himself on such a small amount of space, he peeked up and over the roof. To his surprise...A...Farie was atop his roof? He made not a sound, the handle to his briefcase nestled between his legs. He watched the Farie frantically try and fix a hole in his roof, connecting two and two together, he figured out that the Farie was trying to break in, albeit quietly.. He soon enough cleared his throat, making his presence known. 

"No need to worry about the hole, I can fix that in a jiffy, I daresay you have some impressive wings. You must be a Farie..I've never seen one before, except in books honestly. You're much taller than what artistic depictions usually consider your kind as.. If you wish to come in I don't mind the company, just make sure to use the door instead of my roof. I have rooms that are available for slumber too." He finally pulled himself up onto the roof, setting his briefcase to the side. But he stayed far enough away as to ensure that this Farie would understand he posed as no threat, or meant no harm. 

"Quite a lovely night out, isn't it?" He said, trying to make some form of conversation, hoping that the Farie knew English as well, so he could speak to her at least. He scratched the side of his head, looking up at the stars again.

@Vagabond Spectre

Laine was quite shocked when she heard the man spoke to her. Quickly dropping the cut out, she descended and kneeled down to the man  While trying to make up an apology. She was rather surprised that the man didn't seem to be mad or showing anything threats towards. In fact, the man didn't even called her an intruder, thief, or freak despite what she did to his roof. The man was quite talkative also. Talking about on how her appearance amazes him. and mistaking her as an actual Fairy. Laine's heart was beating faster than her fluttering. She could fly herself out of the situation but due to the man's talkativeness he might tell the town of her existence. She could knock him out cold but there is noting around the house that could drive him to sleep. Carving a 2-4 plank out of the flooring won't be an option. He'll hold her wrist before she could even carve one. She's only left with giving herself up. The man seems to be too nice to actually report her to the town. Laine instantly believed this man.

Upon being asked about the night sky. Laine simply nodded yes in response to show that she is responsive. She has never encountered a man like him before making him an interesting character. Laine stood up and looked up to the man carefully. She wiped the sweat off her un-aging 9 year old face with her very long black sleeves While her transparent veined wings gently flaps behind her back. @Ginko The Mushishi  

Yuha

Yuha gave a cheerful smile to the girl. "I didn't mean to startle you, I don't think anyone likes to be caught in the act of breaking in!" He chuckled some, before standing up and going over to the hole, inspecting it before putting on an unusal silver ring on his right hands' middle finger. The ring was certainly antique-like, with a black pearl set cozily in the center. With a flash of black-ish light as he touched the hole, the roof began to reform and re-structure itself to fill the hole. Soon enough the roof looked good as new! Putting the ring back in his pocket, he looked over at the girl. 

"Paying for damages is rather a nuisance. I like to take the matter into my own hands instead!" He gave another cheerful smile. "Why don't you come inside and let's have some dinner? It's better than staying out here I assure you. Probably warmer inside too." He edged back towards the side of the roof, grabbing his briefcase and falling down onto the porch. "C'mon now, no reason to stay up there!" He called out, despite his smooth, and softly spoken tone, he was certainly willing to take charge of situations when the moment called for it. 

Yuha opened the door to his house, leaving the door open for the girl to also come inside as she pleased. Setting his briefcase on the desk in the first room, he went to his kitchen to see what sort of foods he brought back from his trip. 

@Vagabond Spectre

Laine's soft amber eyes widened while breathing heavily at the same time. She saw what the man was capable of, first hand. Laine stood corrected. This man is not your everyday citizen. Her other options are now useless. The man's kindness was really getting her. She cannot believe that these kinds of people exists on this world. She knows the world as a cold cruel place for a girl like her. As she is invited to his home. Laine's heartbeat went a little slow. The house's interior was quite different than the other houses she has done service to. The man went to the kitchen to look for some meal. Laine followed him on his way in, closing the door also. @Ginko The Mushishi 

Yuha

Looking around inside the bag he brought with him after returning home on his journey, he found a few blocks of cheese, a loaf of bread, a few jugs of water as well,and some meat wrapped up tightly in herbs and spices. He pulled them all out, Taking the meat and unwrapping it, as he got a fire started, he set the meat on a spit, letting it roast over the fire. Returning to the table, with a few plates and cups in hand, he set them all down neatly and then he sat down, beckoning the girl to come over and sit with him. "The place is a little dusty, but nonetheless it's possible to live in. Come, have some bread and cheese with me, before we get to the meat." He stretched as he sat back. Letting the girl take her time and inspect her surroundings as needed first. 

@Vagabond Spectre

Laine stared to the man intently and took a seat beside him. Observing that the man was quite the traveler himself all kinds of food was shown before her. Laine noticed that the food was rather new to her. She has never such meat before and the herbs and spices seems to be rare. She may have flew across the country but she has never seen any food like these before. Putting the food aside first, Laine took observance around the house once more. The dust littered all across house made Laine's hands itching to clean it. Obviously He hasn't been in his house for some time now. But she decided to let it slip for now and do it tomorrow morning. She took half a piece of the loaf bread After watching the house's dusty decorations scattered around the place. Laine pulled down her black face mask, revealing her soft pillowy lips and soft chubby cheeks. She took a big bite out of the loaf bread. After tasting it. She felt good, for the bread was rather soft in texture and the taste wasn't like any other bland loaf bread she has eaten. She took another big bite despite her mouth was still full. She looked very un-lady like and looked like she hasn't eaten anything good in a decade. She realized that the man was present in the table with her. She stopped chewing and placed the bread down her plate as she looked at him. feeling great humiliation. She wrapped her hands around each other, sat straight, and slowly looked way from the man while chewing slowly. She looked like a behaved child. @Ginko The Mushishi

Locke

Locke let the woman do her work. He felt that the more focused she was the better the wound would heal, and possibly faster. Waiting till she was done chewing out Voleran, he spoke. "Well, I pray it heals in 14 or less. But either way thanks doc". He leaned up slowly, moving himself off the table and his feet onto the floor.  "Ahh, much better. Oh, how much do I owe you doc? I should have enough." he asked. There was definitely still some pain, but most of it was the stinging of alcohol.

Volaren was taken back by Melody's response to his question. He always seemed to have bad timing when it came to these sort of things. Realizing he struck a nerve with Melody, Volaren backed off. "I apologize for asking something so sudden and apparently personal miss Melody. I'll leave you be, though I'll be stopping by sometime in the near future for those notes you want." Downing the whole mug of the extremely strong alcohol, Volaren walked over to Leona and said softly, "I'm gonna go back to my place. I'll leave you in charge for now come and get me if something comes up." Patting her on the back, Volaren walked out of the tavern and headed towards his home. Laying his things on the foot of the bed, Volaren climbed in and went to sleep. 

@Kiowa @Kasuu

Melody raised her left hand up to the bridge of her nose and began to lightly rub into

it, murmuring to herself as she quietly began to think about the things she needed to get done

before night come. Lowering her hand, she continued to wipe off the smeared and dried blood,

letting out a quiet sigh. 

"I didn't use much on you, so just 3 copper pieces. But I want that bandaging

back once you're healed. Come to my home every two days so I can watch the

progress and clean it as needed."

She spoke with a quietness, her shoulders squared up as if more tense than beforehand.

She sighed quietly and let her eyes looking over the bloody table and the rags. Turning to the

tavern keep, she held up the rags and waved them at him. 

"Mind if I take this and wash them for you? But the tavern itself is your job."

Mel had a tired look in her eyes as she turned from James to Locke, nodding. Then she

eventually turned to Leona, noting her as well.

"I live just outside the town, you cant miss me if you take the main road. Just

follow the worn path leading east."

Mel already began to pack up her belongings, being rather slow and meticulous with how she

repacked her satchel, her eyes looking over each of the objects and making sure it was clean before storing

it away.

ApOYm70.png

@Kiowa @Samurai Jay @Reaper 1-1

James chuckels and begins to wipe some of the blood up with a rag. "If you want to keep the bloody rags keep em. I am going to get some more tonight anyway." After he finishes wipeing the blood up he signals to one of the tavern workers to take over his position and he quickly slides into the back where the storage is.

Locke

Locke shook his head after the doctor spoke. "I can't pay you that small. I'll give you five copper. Now, where'd I put my bag?" he said. Locke had a small sack where he kept his money. This is usually in a side pocket on his quiver. He reached down to his quiver. Unable to bend down, he got on a knee and grabbed his bag. Taking out five copper coins, he handed them to her. "Here, the two are for saving me" he said. He wasn't broke yet but with the time he would have to wait to hunt he might as well be. Looking at James, he waved his hand. "My blood, my mess. I'll clean it. Got a wet rag?" Locke said. It wasn't going to be a fun night. He knew he wasn't in any condition to fight hand to hand, but he could still draw a bow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back