• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Tower of God: Ascension

cuddlefish

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Hey. You. The one with the funny avatar. Don't stop reading yet.

...uh, cuddlefish here. I'm planning to create a Tower of God roleplay, but before I do so, I'm going to see if anyone is interested. I was hoping to get a group of four to five, but as long as the positions are somewhat evenly covered, we should be good to go. Oh, right. Almost forgot. This is actually my second attempt at a decent roleplay! Since this is my first post here in the Looking For Group forums, I'll just release my notes and see what happens. If it works, great and if not, that's okay. So let's get to it!

Premise:

A group of regulars, or people who were chosen to enter, climb the Tower together in the hopes of reaching the top floor, where it is said that their dreams will come true. Will they work together, or will they tear each other apart?

Mechanics:
  • Is set in the Tower of God webtoon. Little interaction, if any, will happen with canonical characters; they still exist, however, and references will be made.
  • Dice is going to be used for important decision-making. The results of that important decision-making will be interpreted by me. Say, if you attacked some poor tree, I'd roll a die to see if that attack actually landed, and the effects of the attack landing. There are rare cases where the results will result in a definite success. Or a failure, depending on what you did. These do not require dice rolls.
  • There are five playable classes:
    • Fishermen carry out individual activity. They have the highest destructive force. They use reel inventories to disable opponents, and are at the center of battle. They are divided into two classes; reel fishermen and man-to-Man fishermen. Reel fishermen use their reel inventory to attack enemies from a medium range, and man-to-man fishermen who attack from a close range. These are the "frontline fighters."
    • Spear-bearers use spears to target enemies from the back to finish off what fishermen had started. Anyone who attacks from a distance is categorized as a spear-bearer even if they utilizes other weapons apart from spears. Spear-bearers can be further classified by their combat styles, whether they are better at throwing spears or fighting at close range with the spears. These are the "finishers."
    • Light-bearers illuminate the dark tower, using glowing cubes called "lighthouses" to collect battle data, analyze it, formulates plans, and tell them to the team. Lighthouses are made of suspendium, a mineral that allows them to float in high shinsoo concentrations, and can collect battle data, hold small objects, or light up the tower; most battles in the tower are fought in dark places. Light-bearers can assume either a frontal or rear position. If they take the frontal position, they participate in battle whilst controlling the lighthouses, and when assuming the rear position, they gather data from a distance. These are the "healers and strategists."
    • Scouts are light, nimble units that scout the very front line of battle. They use devices called observers to read shinsoo, collect visual data, aid the light bearer, and assist the fisherman when he charges. The scouts are usually lightly-armed for mobility, and can learn to turn invisible. Since they always move in the front line, they have the highest risk of being in a one-to-many situation, and they learn skills for survival. These are the "scouts." Duh.
    • Wave controllers, the rarest of the five basic positions, control shinsoo to assist in battle or overpower opponents. There are many variations, but for the most part, wave controllers either use shinsoo to actively attack enemies at the front line or to change the flow of battle; they may fight in hand-to-hand or ranged combat. These are the "mages," if mages had to sign contracts with giant monsters on each floor to use their shooty beam magicks.
With all that aside, what do you think? I hope I didn't scare you away with all that rambling. Feedback would be very much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back