• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Too much time on my hands. (long-term partner search) [Full

Zane

Practically villainous
Updates!

Found a couple of good people! you know who you are. <3
Having found some really good roleplayers, my standards have been raised. Only the brave apply.

Never been very good at introductions, probably stared at the screen for a bit too long so here we go. I’m Zane and I’m looking for a few good long term rp partners. Well get to what I hope the people who want to respond should be able to do but I figure I’ll start with what can be expected of me first. Then I’ll have some plausible plots or settings that I’m interested in. then end in rules. Probably.

Me
I’m a Night bartender up here in Portland Oregon. Means I’m on west coast time, or the pacific time zone for you guys out of the country. My work days take up about 12 hours of my available time to post, but I can still chat in ooc and the like as long as its not busy at work. Generally I work on my posts before or after work. That said I only work three days a week and have four days a week that generally I could post a few times a day.

I generally post about three to eight paragraphs per post and will always do what I can to match my partners post length. I do my best to be literate and have good spelling and punctuation though I will say the latter is a bit of a weak point for me. For example, the thought of using a semicolon gives me cold sweats. Finally, I love to collaborate. Working with my partners to elevate the plot and settings to incredible heights is something I dearly love. The number one thing I want from roleplaying is plot.

You

this is a hard one for me, I do have expectations but I’m also very contradictory. Sure to the potential for adult themes (and the fact I would be a decade older than you minimum...) this is a 18+ request. I hope that you would be able to average more than 600 words per post. that said if you wrote the most beautiful 400-word post I’ve ever read then fuck me, and my expectations. I guess I mean to say I’d rather read four beautifully written paragraphs then ten sort of “eh” ones. I’m not a huge stickler for literacy, though I would hope you proof read your posts and make sure they at least make sense and don’t have to many errors.

I do want someone who can post about as regularly as I can. A couple times a week at least. If your going to have a hard time posting just let me know. I’m super laid back, I don’t want this to be stressful for anyone. I do value reliability and attention to detail, things that I will offer in return. Other than that, I would just love to have someone who wants to write a good story with me.

Roleplaying Preferences

I’ll play both male and female characters though I’m not interested in doing m/m romantically, and f/m could be difficult. That said under the right circumstances I would write anything. About romance, it must be said it is not on the forefront of my desire in an rp. If you’re primary goal here is romance, then there could be difficulties here. Romance for me should happen organically over time. I don’t do love at first sight. I love romance and I think it has a place in most roleplaying! I just want it to be well written.

I’ll list the kinds of rp I’m not interested in because it’s a short list. I also Primarily play original characters. I don’t think I’ve ever played a cannon character. If what you are interested in is not in my list of plots and interests and is not on this list than hit me with a pm and ask. I would love to discuss it. Here we go

-school rp’s. I’m to old to want to be a high schooler. xD (college age could be ok with a good theme.)

-egregious romance. See above.

-no harry potter, hunger games, twilight, … I’ll add to this list as I need to but most western (the geographic not the genre) tv shows or things of similar fandom doesn’t do it for me.

-band rp’s. though I’m not entirely opposed I know nothing about music, soooo….

-Marvel/dc universe? Why not just a super hero rp?

-Star Wars

That’s it. (for now) anything else is fair game.

Plots settings and themes!

Fuck, if you’ve made it this far you might actually be interested. If that’s the case, just put a lovely heart anywhere in your pm or response to let me know you have read it. I don’t care what it looks like or how you got it there but if you do that ill be 1000% more likely to respond.

With that out of the way, here’s were I’m going to put what will likely be a continuously expanding list of plots themes settings and ideas to hopefully spread a bit of inspiration.

Finally, anything with an ~ next to it I am particularly interested in. ^_~

Fandoms

Be warned just because these are on my list does not mean that I’ve thought through how the rp would look or work. Also, as mentioned before I generally play oc’s and most of these would involve playing in the world of the fandom or the same settings. Generally, I do not mind of others want to play cannon characters.

-Grimgar: of fantasy and ash ~

-Death Parade

-Mushi-shi

-Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon ~

-Magi

-Psycho-Pass

-Spice and Wolf?

-Accel World ~

-Sword art Online (season 1) (the rest is garbage) (shots fired) xD

-Knights of Sidonia ~

-Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet~

-(more to come!)

I might make a list here too, for the moment being if you want to roleplay a game pm me, hit me with the game and we’ll see what we can come up with.

-Sci-fi

-Fantasy

-Post apocalyptic

-Gang rp

-Superpowers (any setting)

Plots

Culture shock ~

One character is pulled into the realm of the other and must learn to function in the new realm. Can either be from a fantasy realm into reality or vice versa, or better yet Both! I’m very flexible with this one and want to collaborate further on the idea.

The Forgotten

Inspired by Noragami, my character would be a forgotten deity of some form whom is looking to be remembered and regain his power. Your character ends up with a soul thread linked to the deity and…??? Profit? I’ll admit I’ve not put a lot of thought into this one but think it would be interesting.

The Space Barnacle. ~

This would be a mix of Knights of Sidonia and Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet. A collection of ships floating though space as a makeshift colony. Some bastion of humanity (and possibly alien life) against an insurmountable enemy. My character would be the head of security and a mech pilot. A barrier between life and annihilation. Who are you?

King of Nothing

Your character unearths a tomb of sorts to find a man, living though pinned in a throne by thirteen old decrepit weapons. Knowing of the power to be found from releasing him your character does, but can they contain such a destructive force? Can they be the one to make him reform? Is that even the goal?!

Able to be played in many settings, mostly I just want to play a grumpy demigod.

Renmore revival~

This would be a party rp based in final fantasy lore. It starts with the collection of four to six novice heroes coming together to save the world. Not necessarily all in the beginning. I have more plot, and such set up for this one but as it would require playing multiple characters I only want very active and skilled role players to inquire. Based on a Group roleplay I was trying to put together a while back that never got off the ground… T-T

For now, that’s everything! Thanks for making it this far!

Last edited:
I would definitely be interested in doing a role play with you, I have a plot in mind if you'd be open to hearing it, which you seem pretty laid back so maybe you would? I'm an awkward thing. I do have some fandoms I like but I have been craving doing a nonfandom roleplay, and none of the ones I'm currently obsessed with seem to be on the list hahah. Again I'm an awkward thing I'm not trying to sound pretentious I'm just nervous. Also don't worry about using semicolons, I get anxiety when I have to use one as well. That's because I'm kind of anal about my own writing though. Zane Zane

Last edited:
Its fine, Do you want me to pm you a setting idea?

I'm sorry, but you don't seem to have put much effort into reading my whole post. It doesn't set a very good example for how you would be in a rp. Reliability as well as attention to detail are important.

I usually have a really hard time finding people who can/ want to reply as regularly as I can, too. The Forgotten plot seemed really interesting to me. If you want to talk more about it, let me know! <3

Hey lovely!!
22 year old, sucker for romance and love darker themes. Huge fan of things happening naturally, full of angst, heart break and maybe even lots of using the word fuck.
I’m here, more than I should be, and would love to come up with some gang related story with you! If maybe you’d be interested, let me know. If not, good luck!

Hello, I’m Sophie and I’m interested. I do mostly fantasy, futuristic, and sometimes realistic RP’s. I would say I’m semi-literate to literate and would be available at least 3 times a week. Btw, I don’t know anything about anime or video games.....

<3<3<3

I think the culture shock one would be an interesting one! But I think we could bounce around ideas ^^ if you're still looking please PM me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back