• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic To The Stars! (Super Sentai Sci-Fi RP) Interest Check

How do you like your combat served?

• Freeform: Discuss with players and go with the flow!

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Light Dice: Basic Stats like Attack/Defense/Health determine damage taken

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Hardcore: Light+ with added stats like speed, bonus damage, and status effects

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Well no, it's just that there's 11~ people who want to get involved.
I understand the point that you're making, and I don't want anyone to feel excluded. I'm happy to see that people are intrigued by the premise, but to start the RP I'd like to keep things relatively tight and focussed on the formation of the Sentai (Of which they'll be seven for the time being). If something put forth a convincing CS/ argument for a non-Sentai that establishes a connection to the rangers, I would consider it. But in considering both the story and my comfort level as a GM, I'd like to keep it at 7-8 players to start.

If we get through the introductory stages and the RP maintains momentum, I'd be willing to open new slots, both for a few additional Sentai as well as non-Sentai or villain characters.

There's a pretty high chance that half the people that make a character aren't going to actually bother with posting.

Is there a theme to the powers that I'm missing?
The powers and gems for each band are associated with a specific planet and their traits in astrology/mythology- I can edit the CS page to clear up further confusion.

Last edited:
The inclusion of the gems as part of the band names was more-so an aesthetic touch, as I thought it to be too on the nose to label each band by the planets/deities. If it's a point of concern however, I'm open to changing it.

Well sentai relies heavily on themes so there's no such thing as too on the nose. Having another layer of aesthetics just muddies the whole thing.

In my opinion, that's a small detail that doesn't deserve too much focus one way or the other.

We should focus on getting this thing off of the ground before we start nit-picking. All of that energy spent will be worth nothing without a foundation.

Alright, who's absolutely sure on what they want already? I can't decide between the moon and mars, so if somebody's taking one, tell me and I'll take the other.

considering this takes influence from super sentai and isn't exactly super sentai, what i'm saying is as long as there is a theme who cares? let's get it off the ground then we can worry about the nomenclature later.

Well sentai relies heavily on themes so there's no such thing as too on the nose. Having another layer of aesthetics just muddies the whole thing.
I see what you're saying, and if there's a consensus that the current naming detracts from anything, I don't mind changing it. The overall sci-fi/ cosmos vibe is moreso what I'm focussed on capturing anyways, so it's not a huge shift.

How do you guys feel about OOC over discord?
I had been planning to setup an OOC on RPN, as I'm not usually active on Discord, but I'm open to having the latter if that's more convenient for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back