• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Jinora Augustin

Hearing his response to Captain Lucia, Jinora was taken aback and even did a double take to ascertain that it was the same person who had spoken. Captain Vance, with a snap, had dropped his devil-may-care attitude and replaced it with one that was completely serious and focused. In that moment, he spoke like... well, he spoke like a Captain. Perhaps she had been hasty with her initial impressions of him. Sure, he was reckless and impulsive, but he also wasn't the complete idiot she had thought him to be. The Lupus Howl had built up a bit of a reputation for themselves amongst the seafaring folk. Whether that reputation was good or bad depended on who you were speaking with, but in general, it was known that they were quite competent in their line of work and did about as well as the Zephyr Rose. She still didn't like the man, but she could see how he commanded the respect of his crew. At the very least, their first mate seemed like someone who had his wits about him.

Seeing that the white-haired woman was already being tended to, Jinora walked over to the tied up Xin and crouched down. With her head cocked to one side, she studied him carefully as if reading one her maps. Catching a glimpse of steel tucked in his sleeve, she let out a small laugh. Not as clueless as he had tried to portray himself to be then. "So, I'm guessing you aren't here because of my charms." She said in jest, referencing his earlier excuse. "I apologise for the ropes but if you tell me who you are and why you're really here I'll see what I can do about getting them off." Although part of a pirate crew, Jinora really didn't care much for the pirate antics. As far as she was concerned, she had one job: to get them where they needed to be, as fast and as safely as possible. Everything else, she tried to avoid as much as possible.

KennethPhoenix18 KennethPhoenix18 NecromancerNight NecromancerNight

Last edited:

Lucia Alexandria Abara
Captain of the Zephyr Rose

'Luce' - 'Cap'n'

“What we need
We will get.
What we want
We'll simply take."

With: Vance

"I'm not sure about the others but I swear that I come in peace," the first unwanted passenger declared in a flat tone- Lucia raised one sardonically disbelieving eyebrow. Jinora greeted her with customary enthusiasm and what sounded like relief. Lucia considered the talented young navigator as her protegee and she, in turn, held her captain in high esteem.

The other stowaway thanked them for not killing her, grabbed a piece of bread from the pile on the deck, and began to eat. "I'm surprised to see so many about this vessel..." she casually commented as she ate. "Wasn't my intent to cause a commotion. Simply hop in during the night when you were all drunk, and grab something to eat." Lucia's eyebrow shot up further- it could be true, but it was also an easy story to tell.

"Captain Lucia, it's good that you finally joined us," Vance's first mate called to her from the railing, standing straight and attentive. The corner of her lip twitched ever so slightly upwards at the greeting- with his calm, level-headed demeanor and clearly competent attitude, he was the only member of Van's crew she outright approved of. Speaking of which, said captain received a quick nudge from his first mate, prompting him for a response. Lucia's mouth twitched again.

Van's smile didn't break; she had to say this for him- the man was utterly unshakable, putting away his gun and offering his canteen and a shallowcap. Lucia chewed on it slowly, washing it down with the water, rolling her eyes as he mentioned it as a peace offering. "One stowaway, the white-haired one, he explained. "She tried to run off with some of the supplies. Thankful or sadly? Depends on the perspective I would assume, she didn't make it far enough." Lucia nodded. He gestured to the young man next.

"He seemed to have just snuck on the ship, I don't know if recently or he is just another stowaway but regardless I shot at him. That was the gunpowder sound. If you don't have any more questions, I do think we need to get to the logistical side of this new partnership. Rundown on crew responsibilities, proper introductions, supplies, pay for the men, and now technically women too. Maybe find some use of those two. We also do need more aeronauts and a course of action for ourselves afterward. Things best discussed in the captain's... Captains' quarters. Whenever you are ready, or shall I keep the show going?"

Lucia rolled her eyes again- dealing with Vance was going to be a handful. Still, if it weren't for him and his insane partnership idea, they'd probably all be dead, locked up, or worse by now. The man fluidly changed from frivolous to professional and back, his features like quicksilver, and she suspected this ability was one of the qualities that made him such a good pirate- there being more to him than what he displayed on the surface.

Lucia was the exact opposite from that, always expressing exactly what she thought and felt in a most clear and direct manner, which her crew generally appreciated, but didn't exactly make her endearing to most. Shrugging, she fell into step beside Vance as they headed inwards again, pausing only before the door to call back over her shoulder

"Marta, Jinora, find out who those two are, what they know, and what they're doing on our ship." Saying our ship felt strange in her mouth, like food with a strange consistency or taste. "Don't untie them or let them go, and don't kill them- at least not yet."

With those parting instructions, she lead the way back to the captain's quarters, sitting at the desk in front of Vance and looking him in the eye. Most people didn't like Lucia's tendency towards direct eye contact, but the other captain didn't seem to mind.

"All right, logistics then. Having two captains and two first mates would be the most complicated, I think, because aside from that we have a navigator, an engineer, a medic, and a deckhand, so no issues there. We can bother with introductions after we've figured out what to do with those two stowaways and picked up the extra hands we need in town.

We might also want to think about renaming the ship,"
she continued thoughtfully. "It won't be long before the Aerocustos starts looking for the Celeste. In terms of pay and supplies, we'd need to take stock of what we have first, I suppose, and decide on where we're sailing to- without a solid plan, we'll be right back where we started..."

She leaned back in the chair wearily and crossed her arms as she looked at her co-captain.

"What are your thoughts?"

codedbycrucialstar

[div class=leftFloat]
full
[/div][div class=name]Amanda Earning[/div]
[div class=paragraph] Almost like instinct Amanda knelt down and looked at the woman's ankle, carefully moving it as to try and not hurt her anymore than needed. Sprained Ankle? Taking a quick glance up and looking around, Amanda could sort of piece together where the woman had fell from, but to fall from such a height and only receive a sprained ankle, she is either very luck or very resilient. During all the commotion she heard her captain come out, taking a quick glance over her shoulder, she smiled seeing that her captain had managed to find her way onto deck without collapsing. Amanda looked once more at the ankle before reaching into her bag for a bandage, while reaching in she heard the woman speak to her "Thank you, I suppose, for not killing me outright." "I think we both know if I was to try to, I would end up dead first. Plus, I am not a fan of fighting to begin with" Amanda replied wrapping the bandage around her ankle before taking a bobble off from around her wrist. [/div]
[div class=paragraph] "I don't know how well you can fix that leg- ankle- whatever, of hers with what's on you, but make sure it isn't hurting her. I'd like to know who she is and what she's doing here, and I feel I'm not the only one who'll want those answers- and I don't want her distracted when we end up getting them." Amanda glanced over to see the firstmate of the other crew looking down at her, she gave him a slight nod then turned back to the woman, folded the bobble in half and then placed it around the woman's ankle. While standing up Amanda looked down at the woman said "I hope thats not too tight for you. By some miracle you seem to have only came out with a sprained ankle, give it a day of rest and you should be able to walk... But I wouldn't recommend any more free falling onto ships. [/div]
[div class=paragraph] Amanda stretched her arms and looked over to the two captains as they spoke and then begin walking over to the captains quarters, probably off to discuss the future of this drunken pact they made. Everyone seemed to have moved about since she last looked, she got completely absorbed into tending the injury that she completely forgot there were other people on the ship. She looked over to Jinora and saw her talking to the captured Xin, both the howl members were also present, as for the third one. Amanda looked up at him hanging from the ropes, If he stays like that for much longer, the blood is going to get to his head... Not seeing anything really catching her interest she sat down against the railing next to the silver haired sky diver. Giving out a yawn and looking up a the sky, it was a surprisingly nice day, the sun was out with a few clouds floating around, Maybe if I am lucky, the fresh air will remove the aftermath of this hangover early. [/div] [class name=name] font-weight: bold; font-size: 20px; color: #027306; [/class] [class name=leftFloat] float: left; padding-right: 10px; [/class] [class name=talking] color: #027306; [class] [class name=paragraph] flaot: left; [/class]

JOHN NAEMEN, First Mate of the Lupus Howl

l-jpg.715214

"Well, now that those two are gone, let's get down to some business. I doubt any of you were in a good enough place last night to remember anything aside from the beds you all passed out on. Regardless, just in case, did anyone see Mrs. Snow White," he motioned towards the girl with the white hair as he said this, "come aboard? Because if we know when she got on board, we can try and figure out how and most importantly- why. It's important that we make sure no one else comes aboard. After all, we only have so much rope." The last part of that sentence took a dramatic shift from John's traditional style of calm and professional speech, as he began to crack a smile at the closest thing he's made to a joke so far.

He reached into his jacket, and pulled out a beautiful silver cigarette case, a treasure from a raid long ago, and opened it up, offering them to anyone who wanted one before taking one for himself, and putting it between his lips. It was then he saw Hui, their ship's engineer, hanging from his legs. Despite their dramatically different personalities, he always had a soft spot for the boy. Even if he did find him the slightest bit annoying from time to time.

"Hui, you should probably get down from there before you fall and give Amanda two broken legs to deal with," he said, and lit the cigarette.

Ayama Ayama (Hui)

Hui-Ru Yu
'Bolts' (Ship Engineer)

Male - 24 - Gay

“What is broken
Can be fixed.
What still works
Can be improved."

With: Crew - captains

Shortly after the appearance of the white-haired stowaway, the Zephyr's pretty and diminutive Frank navigator joined them. She had quite the sharp tongue, and Hui grinned at the way she addressed Van- he generally enjoyed the company of people who didn't mince their words and, from the look of things, that applied to most of the ladies of the Zephyr Rose.

A second unexpected passenger then appeared- another Xin, which was quite rare out here. Hui looked at him curiously as he began to sing, humming along absently with the well-known love ballad. Looks like we've got ourselves a bard! he thought in delight. Van instructed the two arrivals to be tied up, then asked for an introduction in honeyed tones. Hui rolled his eyes. Afraid you're barking up the wrong tree there, cap'n...

John's measured, reassuring tone amidst all the chaos made Hui smile- the first mate of the Lupus Howl was like a rock in a storm- an unassailable constant they could all hold onto whenever things got crazy (which they always did, of course- they were pirates after all). The Zephyr's medic tended to their first stowaway just as her captain finally made it on deck and demanded to know what was going on in a harsh, guttural bark.

Hui grinned. Yep, sure doesn't mince her words... Explanations were given in short order while Hui examined the rifle in his hands. The sight was off and the triggering mechanism was out of alignment- luckily he had the tools he needed for it on him. Then the only thing left was the crystal.

The two captains went off to discuss business while the remaining crew tried to get some information about their new passengers. He caught the medic's eye as she looked up at him after bandaging the girl's ankle, and grinned. Then John gave some instructions and pulled out his shiny cigarette case, classy as ever.

"Hui, you should probably get down from there before you fall and give Amanda two broken legs to deal with," he said as he lit it. Hui laughed out loud, twitched his legs so that they became untangled from the rigging, and plummeted to the deck. It seemed he must inevitably crash face-first into it but, at the last second, he merely flipped right-side-up and landed lightly on his feet, rifle still held in his hand.

"Aye aye, Johnnyboy," he said with a mocking salute. Then he walked over to the captured Xin and asked "So, who are you and what're you doing on our ship?" relishing the feel of his native tongue on his lips after so long without speaking it.

codedbycrucialstar

The Xin, Hui was quite good at landing, it was clear that he was used to being on a ship. Dante like to think that his name is a kind of vegetable, but alas it probably means return.

"I well em..." he cleared his throat, clearly not used to having a actual conversation in Jin. It reminded him of the days when hi family was together. Focus."I am Ai Yangchun, like the song..." Then he realized not everyone can understand the reference. "I mean like sun plus spring... yeah... that sounds about right..." He drifted to Common " Sun and spring, that sounds really strange in Common. Just call me Dante, as you can see I am a bard."

"So anyways, I'm looking for my sister Ai Baixue, I can show you her picture if my hands aren't tied up." He spoke in Jin again."She is the cutest, most gorgeous thing in existence and her eyes are just like the moon on a cloudless nig..." Dante took a deep breath "Sorry, sometimes I get over excited when talking about my sister."

"And I really want to add to mister scar man Johnny over there that Snow White has black hair but I'll probably get punched in the face since I'm tied up." He eyed the John. "And who are you?"

JOHN NAEMEN, First Mate of the Lupus Howl

l-jpg.715214

Naemen simply stared at the Xin stranger, unmoving, his face plain.

"So, you said your name was Dante," he said, approaching the tied up bard, his face stern. His eyes were locked on the stranger, who had a huge grin on his face, then he suddenly turned to the rest of the crew.

"I don't think this Ai Yangchun, or Dante is any harm to us- after all, any sort of spy or criminal with ulterior motives would be at least a little bit smarter than him. And Dante," he said, and turned back to the prisoner, "my name is John, and I was the first mate on the late Lupus Howl. As for my mistake, I must apologize- I haven't read that story since I was a boy. I was always more partial to Sleeping Beauty. Perhaps Mrs. Snow White could clear up this little error by telling us her name- and how she came aboard?" and he motioned toward the white-haired woman sitting next to Dante.

Jinora Augustin
Jinora watched as the two Xins, one tied up in ropes and the other hanging from them just moments ago, started conversing in Jin. She was initially annoyed that they had completely disregarded her presence even though she had asked a question. Ultimately, she figured that their shared ethnicity might have made Hui (at least that’s what she thought she heard the first mate refer to him as) seem much more approachable to the newcomer, who upon closer inspection, turned out much younger than she had originally assumed. Resting her chin on her knees, she did her best to follow the conversation with little success. The most she managed to catch was his name and something about a sister. Depending on how long this crew was going to be stuck together, she might just ask Hui to help her brush up on her Jin.

It was then that the Lupus Howl’s first mate came up and made a condescending remark targeted at Dante. “There’s no need to be rude.” She snapped back with a sharp glare directed at John. "He technically hasn't done anything wrong yet." Jinora never liked taking captives but had come to accept it as something that occasionally needed to be done in this line of work. However, it definitely didn't give them the right to treat their captives with disrespect. If they did, it made them no different from the nobles who utilized their power to lord over the lower classes.

Taking a breath to recompose herself, she said a silent prayer asking the gods for patience because it was much needed at this moment. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap. It's just been a long... several days." Dealing with the loss of her crew members and the uncertainty of their future had taken a toll on her and left her feeling constantly on edge. "And considering how drunk most of the crew was last night I wouldn't be surprised if she simply snuck in through the main deck." Turning her attention to the white-haired woman who was whistling a vaguely familiar tune, she noticed the woman seemed oddly relaxed for someone in her current position. Two things came to Jinora's mind: the woman either had nothing to lose or she was rather confident that she was going to be able to escape. "I had some of that bread last night. It was so stale I might as well have eaten a cracker." She said, offering her canteen to the woman. "Now, would you at least tell us your name?"

Ayama Ayama NecromancerNight NecromancerNight ADarkAndStormyNight ADarkAndStormyNight xAlter xAlter

Last edited:
uZWx7pO.png
x911znh.png

'If you look through the narrow lens of modern society, you will never see the full beauty of the world.'

As the two captains walked into the room, Vance began opening blinds letting light fill the room. He agreed with her decision on the two stowaways and left it a that. Looking around he found a medium-sized chest and hefted it off the ground on the deck where Lucia sat. "This something I found here in the moments before blackout drunk overcame." Pulling over the only other chair in the room, Vance sat opposite her, cracking open the chest. The chest was teeming with gold coins. "Rough estimate is probably ten thousand gold... A small fortune." He smiled, placing the key on the desk. He rolled back and let her speak, she was right about the double pair of leads would be the biggest issue for at least for the chain of command. He continued to nod with her, seeing she was truly a leveled headed person as he expected or at least knew what level she was on. When she began speaking of renaming the ship, he sighed. "It's not something I would enjoy doing but it would be the best course of action. I do love the name, Mary Celeste. It's a beautiful name for a fine ship but thew documentation would be easy to prove if we did change it..." Grabbing a small stack of coins, he began to fiddle with them. Lucia stopped looking for his input, and his grin eased to a soft smile.

"Well, all in all. We are in an awful situation. We'll need to get new papers forged in order to change the name, a new map of the region but from what I know most of this island we are in has a large banewulf population. So I don't think we should stay long. Do you have a quartermaster? We lost yours in the fighting, if not I'll have John work on supplies. As for a plan, I think I can pull something up, Joesvilla has colorful characters and a person I believe I could extort from a map. I say we need about fifteen men, ten on the top, and five under the deck. And I want to let you know, I may seem to be aloof and uncaring but I will respect your women and demand the same from my men. If anyone of them, present or future tries anything to hurt them. I will cut off their dick, feed it to them, and then hang them off the side of the ship." Vance was deadly serious about that, he spent much of his young in the company of women and hear the stories of fools taking advantage of them was more than I excepted. "I don't want to demote John, he is one of my closest friends and a damn good man for taking charge of a situation. How this, I make him combat lead or quartermaster with him still being my second? We would still need a head gunner. Actually we as well need a lead rigger to keep that in order. Outside of that, we should have the crew covered. As for pay, all my specialists were paid 7 gold a week, and normal crew 4 to 5 depending on their skill and temperament." Vance sat straight. "Neither of us can demote the other in terms of captainship, and by all hell, this is going to cause future problems. Let's be honest. So I say we make a little system, big decisions we need to agree yes? But if we must disagree but feel our order is needed we get two each? Let's say each month where the order is absolute. After that, we clash heads?" He grinned waiting.

'So rip it off! And be free! Free to see!'
AkSfCSu.png

Last edited:
Red Ada

For somebody with a penchant for making a scene, Ada had slipped into the crowd quietly, that being the only real indication that she was suffering from the night before. Well, that and the haze of cheap alcohol that lingered like a fog.

Sitting on a capstan with an exaggerated relaxed air, she looked from one stowaway-captive to the other. It was an interesting start to this new chapter of their lives, if nothing else. Did she trust them? No. But throwing people overboard was so permanent. And maybe they'd lost enough people for now.

The Lupus boys seemed to be busy forming some kind of camaraderie with the musical Xin, whereas the Zephyr crew were still struggling to get answers from the spirited blonde girl, who was whistling her way through their questions.

No. No, that wasn't right. They were all one crew now, and she'd have to start thinking that way sooner rather than later. In truth, though, Ada was as familiar with the men as with the two intruders, and she'd already had to remind herself that they didn't know the amber-eyed bard any more than she did.

That would come more naturally with time. For now, the woman with the injured ankle was in danger of testing their patience. Both Jinora and the smooth talker with the scar (John? Gods, last night had been terrible for introductions) were trying to at least coax her name out of her.

"You should answer," Ada said casually, while picking apart a scrap of Green bread. Then, wickedly: "You don't need to be scared of us."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back