• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy To The Skies - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

KennethPhoenix18

Loved by Christ
EQrtRSc.png

Flag of Zephyr Rose Flag of the Lupus Howl
F6BCyxt.png
vICEnrJ.jpg

Hubub101 Hubub101

So I was thinking about expanding the tech and whatnot. From what I have thought up, airships will use a core of Cycel for lift and sails for steerings. Cannons and firearms will mainly be cycel powered, but gunpowder is relatively new. Cycel powered firearms still use ammunition, but are slower, more 'weighted', and inaccuracy but have are faster to reload and use. Compared to gunpowder, which is all opposite of that. It's possible to make elemental weapons but with more rarer crystals.

Machines will use cycel as a power source too, from engines to mech suits or attachments. Herbs and other medical plants grown near raw Cycel have heightened properties, so better poultices, anesthesia, and the like.

As I said before it is really just a catch-all thing. It does what supernatural things I need. Oh, I should mention there will be more Supernatural outside of Cycel things.

Interesting. So Cycel can have variants ranging from specific forces (example: gravity) to defined elements (example: fire). You mention gunpowder and ammunition, so can I assume firearms in that department have advanced passed black powder and into bullets as we and familiar with today (i.e. cartridge containing primer, powder and projectile) but only so far as a single shot variant given the reload time detail (while Cycel weapons may have multiple shots)? Beyond that technology seems to consist of whatever the narrative calls for, so long as it can be explained using Cycel and can exist with a steampunk aesthetic? There are a few things I may periodically ask about if they would be acceptable to the setting just in case. I would ask about the other supernatural things you refer to, primarily what elements could be incorporated into society or technology.

I do apologize for these and any further questions I may have. The technology bit is just so I can better play the engineer, while also knowing the limits of what an engineer's backstory may entail.

Hubub101 Hubub101
That is a good way of thinking about it. Each crystal having a certain property. As gunpowder it would be black powder. So like how muskets and flintlock would be, you'd do the powder to ball, to wadding and pushing in down the barrel.

And I just thought of this now but how I'd like Cycel powered firearms would be using gravity base crystals. It would violently change the gravitional pull of the bullet. Making it lethal, but as it's won't be in contact for too long the natural gravity will begin to pull it back down. Pistols would probably have a range of 10 - 15 yards, muskets maybe 20-30 yards. But reloading would easier as it would be just putting an new round into the barrel.

Cannons would be similar but in ship battle would be more about getting a higher and slanting the ship for a downward angled volley in other ships.

The other supernatural elements are story and plot stuff I have in mind. But maybe your character is researching it for tales and scarps of information.

Last edited:
yo KennethPhoenix18 KennethPhoenix18 , do you have anything solid written for the war in the vatic union? it’ll play a major part in my character’s history and I’m wondering if there is any canon I’d need to follow

UsedCarSalesman UsedCarSalesman May I ask about your character concept? I was thinking of going Vatic Union myself (specifically Gallic), and I just want to make sure there is no unintentional overlap. It could be interesting if we collaborated.

Last edited:
UsedCarSalesman UsedCarSalesman May I ask about your character concept? I was thinking of going Vatic Union myself (specifically Gallic), and I just want to make sure there is no unintentional overlap.
She’s going to Iberian. She will have been raised in poverty, the youngest in her family. Eventually her family will be separated by the war, where she is picked up by a band of rebels. She begins running messages into occupied territory to outright fighting for the rebellion as she ages.

Think of her as a combination of the pups and Benjamin from Animal Farm. She is taken in by the rebellion to fill a specific purpose and zealous in her devotion to the cause. However her experience and traumas have turned her cynical and skeptical person, rarely able to see anything besides a poor outcome.

I would be super down to collaborate. I imagine the characters would at least know of one another.

Last edited:
She’s going to Iberian. She will have been raised in poverty, the youngest in her family. Eventually her family will be separated by the war, where she is picked up by a band of rebels. She begins running messages into occupied territory to outright fighting for the rebellion as she ages.

Think of her as a combination of the pups and Benjamin from Animal Farm. She is taken in by the rebellion to fill a specific purpose and zealous in her devotion to the cause. However her experience and traumas have turned her cynical and skeptical person, rarely able to see anything besides a poor outcome.

I would be super down to collaborate. I imagine the characters would at least know of one another.

Interesting. I was going to go for an almost opposite angle, with my character having been born and raised in Gallic's aristocracy until the war came to the township his family owned/governed. I am leaning toward his family being rebel sympathizers being charged with treason to the monarchy, but they could have just have easily have been attacked by the rebels. In either event, he escapes his family's fate and has been on the run for the years up until he joins the Lupus Howl. Still hammering out a personality, but I'm thinking he can better connect to machines than to people.

If you are interested in collaboration, I have two ideas: You character was somehow involved in the attack on my character's family, or you helped me flee the monarchy's attackers. If you have any other ideas I would love to hear them! I will say that I think it would be interesting if whatever interaction between us took place a few years prior, to the point where we don't recognize each other right away. I intend to have my character use a fake name so having someone know who he really is could add some spice to the party dynamic. Likewise, the situation may call for my character knowing a secret of yours, should he recognizer her. In any event, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Interesting. I was going to go for an almost opposite angle, with my character having been born and raised in Gallic's aristocracy until the war came to the township his family owned/governed. I am leaning toward his family being rebel sympathizers being charged with treason to the monarchy, but they could have just have easily have been attacked by the rebels. In either event, he escapes his family's fate and has been on the run for the years up until he joins the Lupus Howl. Still hammering out a personality, but I'm thinking he can better connect to machines than to people.

If you are interested in collaboration, I have two ideas: You character was somehow involved in the attack on my character's family, or you helped me flee the monarchy's attackers. If you have any other ideas I would love to hear them! I will say that I think it would be interesting if whatever interaction between us took place a few years prior, to the point where we don't recognize each other right away. I intend to have my character use a fake name so having someone know who he really is could add some spice to the party dynamic. Likewise, the situation may call for my character knowing a secret of yours, should he recognizer her. In any event, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Either would work for me, but Zoè is less “accept help from the oppressors” and more “shoot ‘em all in the head,” even if it is just out of misguided anger.

So if she helped your family, she would be seething about it at the time and would probably remember your character, holding onto some bitterness about it. In her eyes, all the Vatic aristocracy needs to go, they are all bad.

On the flip side, if she is involved in killing your family, she wouldn’t really remember them or you at all. Y’all would just be another statistic in a bloody war. Like, she’d be pretty flippant about their deaths.

It’s really about which dynamic you’d like to roll with.

Either would work for me, but Zoè is less “accept help from the oppressors” and more “shoot ‘em all in the head,” even if it is just out of misguided anger.

So if she helped your family, she would be seething about it at the time and would probably remember your character, holding onto some bitterness about it. In her eyes, all the Vatic aristocracy needs to go, they are all bad.

On the flip side, if she is involved in killing your family, she wouldn’t really remember them or you at all. Y’all would just be another statistic in a bloody war. Like, she’d be pretty flippant about their deaths.

It’s really about which dynamic you’d like to roll with.

I like the idea of the bitterness presented in the first option. If that is a normal mindset among the rebels, then perhaps, begrudgingly, a trade was made exchanging my safe passage (it would have just been me) for valuable information, documents or something of that nature. As previously suggested, this would have been some time ago, so while our characters may remember each other, they might not recognize each other right away. But when they do it will be a wrench in the gears of trust, as my character would likely take a "my family helped you rebels and you let them get killed" mentality. Can you think of any specific details that need to be hammered out for this to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back